LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I definitely activated my free trial before that deadline and transferred over at least one box of Pokemon. That counts as "accessing", doesn't it? But it's nowhere to be found. :\

I'm just saying, but considering it is a specific set of IVs that create a shiny pokemon, the IVs won't be that good.

But good luck!

IVs determining shininess was way back in gen 2. It doesn't work that way anymore. You can have a shiny with good IVs.

EDIT 2: YES I REALLY DID GET THE EON TICKEEEET

I'll be trying to take my 3DS EVERYWHERE and have the wireless communication on :3

I'm just saying, but considering it is a specific set of IVs that create a shiny pokemon, the IVs won't be that good.

But good luck!

As Polly said, IVs haven't determined shininess in a loooong time.

And besides, shiny Pokemon more often than not had slightly better IVs than normal Pokemon.

EDIT: just thought I would share this:

user posted image

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Legends are also guaranteed to have 3 perfect ivs so the odds of it being decent are there. I'm just gonna be pissed if all 3 are in stats that Latias can't use xd.png

edwardelricfreak Thank you

I've been really sick all day and that gave me a good laugh

I can't find it now but I saw this text post once that was like

are you GAY AF?

do you hate NERDS?

would you punch a SHARK?

If you answered yes to the above, join Team Aqua today!

And it is honestly a 10000% accurate depiction of basically everyone in Team Aqua. I love them so much.

From what I've heard though, Maxie is more of like... a ridiculous manchild who tries really hard to present himself as a serious scientist guy but actually fails terribly? I dunno, I don't own OR. (But at this rate I'm seriously considering buying it or swapping with a friend or something when I restart every screenshot I've seen involving either of the teams is comedy gold. Holy heck.)

yeah both the teams have a lot more personality than they did in the originals from what i remember of them

it's great

Hey guys! Guess who's still soft-resetting for a shiny treecko?

That's right,

me.

*breaks down and cries, flooding room with tears*

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLe. I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 2 WEEKS.

That's right,

me.

I opened my game, ran around Littleroot. (That is a MUCH cooler name than Vaniville, I think.)

Goes and finds professor Birch.

Ooh, hey! Blue treecko!

*Clicks*

Awesome.

That's right,

me.

Just play the game and TSV hatch one later XP

I know Rayquaza is banned but, is running a Modest one stupid? Or should I just pick a nature Smogon lists? I only want a special Ray nit a typical Attack Ray. Please don't bite me/kill me for asking....

Special Mega Rayquaza is entirely viable! It's generally not recommended for a few reasons:

1. No Extremespeed. Lacking the powerful priority is a bit of a letdown.

2. No Dragon Dance. The extra power and speed from just ONE dance can make physical Ray kinda impossible to handle.

3. Comparatively worse movepool. Physical Rayquaza has so many options it's ludicrous, and special Rayquaza is a bit more limited in terms of what's practical. Plus if you are Mega Evolving it, you still have to 'waste' a slot on Dragon Ascent.

However, there is nothing stopping you from sticking Choice Specs on a Modest Rayquaza and going to town, and it'll still probably murder everything.

If you aren't going to Mega Evolve it, then ?

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I was thinking Calm Mind, but I might just deal with a super killer Ray and quit trying to weaken it by running it with a nature that hinders its move pool.

look at it this way,most people will expect a physical set and thus toss a physical wall in front of it, so by going special you can catch them off guard and go to town.

Calm Mind is also doable, but that'd leave you with only two slots for Special moves if you plan to Mega Evolve it. However, if you DON'T Mega Evolve it, Calm Mind is actually a decent option.

Crit me on this move set, please.

Mega Ray

Modest

Calm Mind

Dragon Ascent

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse (STAB)

Dragon Dance/Air Slash(Speed Boost/STAB)

Dangit I carried my 3DS around all day and didn't find a single streetpass person, let alone one with ORAS, nevermind Eon Ticket. :/ Can you get it specifically from friends you talk to? And if so, can I make some new friends here? wink.gif

Crit me on this move set, please.

Mega Ray

Modest

Calm Mind

Dragon Ascent

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse (STAB)

Dragon Dance/Air Slash(Speed Boost/STAB)

Calm Mind, Dragon Ascent and Dragon Pulse are going to be your main moves, but you will want a different typed move to help deal with fairies or other pokemon not hit hard by its Stab. I don't know how good it is, but Dianice comes to mind as a counter to this. So maybe a water type move?

Surf is a good secondary move, you don't need special Flying STAB. And don't use Draco Meteor if you're boosting Special Attack.

I'd say Surf/Aqua Tail, Ice Beam, Earth Power/Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Iron Head, Energy Ball, or Flamethrower. There are lots of choices but it depends on your coverage. Also maybe it might be better if you go full physical? Mixed is dandy and all but it means you can't be focused with your EVs. I suppose it's up to you; burn sucks and special walls aren't fun either. But if you go physical, going with Outrage for dragon STAB is probably best, or Dragon Claw if you don't want to be locked. And then I would say use Dragon Dance for that set and nix Calm Mind! You could probably throw Crunch or something else physical onto the set for the last slot.

I like using this site to check the coverage of a set. You probably want the third attack to be something that gives you the most coverage that your STABs can't get.

Your biggest problem with Dragon/Flying STAB is that Steel resists both, so Fire and Ground moves are top options. Ground would be better, since otherwise Aggron and Heatran are neutral for Fire. The only thing you won't hit is Skarmory, which you would need Fire or Electric for.

So, I suggest doing one of these sets:

Mixed (and more EVs to physical attack since you'll be rolling with Calm Mind, or more to Sp attack if you're going with Swords/Dragon Dance):

-Calm Mind/Swords Dance or Dragon Dance

-Dragon Ascent

-Dragon Pulse/Outrage

-Earth Power or Earthquake/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/whatever else you want

Physical:

-Swords Dance/Dragon Dance (depends on if you want more attack, or less attack in addition to speed)

-Dragon Ascent

-Dragon Claw/Outrage

-Earthquake/one of the other physical moves mentioned below

Alternatively, instead of bothering with boosting moves you could go with Life Orb (especially for mixed sets) OR a Choice item for focused ones, to free up a slot. I would go with both Ground AND Fire moves in that case. Sadly there aren't any physical Fire moves Ray can learn, or even Electric, so you probably want Crunch or Iron Head (Skarmory still resists Steel but it would be better for Fairies. Crunch isn't resisted by Skarmory anymore but with its high defense it still isn't ideal, same with Aqua Tail). There's also Stone Edge/Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, and Brick Break for physical moves. You could also have Extreme Speed solely for it being a great priority move.

You can't have a fully special set on Mega Ray due to Dragon Ascent. I suppose you could just not use it? But that would be a waste imo. Dunno why you would want Modest on that.

user posted image

hey guys i just got pokemon x!

Nah xd.png But I now got ahold of Sapphire! biggrin.gif I'm doing a Nuzlocke run, so expect updates soon :>

^Brave soul you!

Here's the poster for the movie

user posted image

Does anyone know what the tagline says? The text in the middle of the ring?

(It's actually a really cool poster, I'd hang it on my wall)

My hoopa hype is max right now haha.

I've caught all the legendaries in game sans Ho-Oh (I broke from SRing to do other things) so I'm kind of just doing nothing right now (well, collecting flags from secret bases and wonder trading) until I will myself back to SRing.

By the way, if you guys want the special Regice doll for your secret base, scan the QR codes for these if you haven't already. The Base will pop up in Mossdeep in the house with the door. I got the doll from the base from the middle code

https://i.imgur.com/Lg2Vpxb.jpg

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Okay, hoopa is confirmed (or so I hear), and I'm hearing stories of people HAVING hoopa, but how do I get it?