LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Cosplay Pikachu can change its costume at any time! And I think you just always get the cute costume to begin with, I entered a coolness contest first and got that. It forgets and relearns the signature moves every time too, so there's no risk. It also starts with a ton of every contest stat too so it's basically an early-contest juggernaut.

Finally caught Kyogre @_@ *retreats into a corner to super train like hell*

I got the rockstar pikachu first smile.gif

You get the Cute costume first if you're playing as the female player character and the Cool costume first if you're playing as the male player character c:

Edited by Pika_Oi

You get the Cute costume first if you're playing as the female player character and the Cool costume first if you're playing as the male player character c:

well that's dumb

Really wish you were able to choose, or it was influenced by the first contest you go into :\

The cool one is my favorite...oh well at least it can be changed, but that's seriously stereotyping. I suppose it's not the first time its happened.

---

WELP I have to sadly end my shiny hunt because I didn't go into it having lots of healing items and I'm out of them now. High-level Minuns are seriously dangerous.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yeah it's kinda silly, it's because the lady who gives you the Pikachu bases it off the contest costume your player character has on I think but it'd be cool if you could choose that too :V

/whines and stares at all of you from the corner I'm still waiting to get my game |D

I'm trying to plan my playthrough, though, and from the sounds of all of it I'm going to get so distracted xd.png I'm considering Nuzlocking it in honor of... well, Gen3 being the start of it all xd.png Not sure what starter to do-- Torchic is my favorite, but I've almost never used the other Hoenn starters before. Leaning towards Treecko, since I picked Grovyle in the demo to start...

/whines and stares at all of you from the corner I'm still waiting to get my game |D

Same here, I have to wait until Christmas. wink.gif

ASDFJKLJG; MINUNS ARE BUTTHEADS >:U

cute as they are, they are now the bane of my existence

I'll probably restart shiny hunting anyway, but with more preparation H.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

So I finally went and caught Groudon (which was only really hard because I kept OHKOing it, but I eventually got it in a premier ball) and I found the whole thing highly amusing.

Where everyone for one sends a little kid in to save them from a giant world destroying monster they're all freaking out about. And five minutes later I come out and I'm playing poke-amie with the world destroying monster and feeding it cute little cupcakes :'D

And carrying around that world-destroying monster in a pocket-sized ball, telling it what to do, and using it to destroy electric mice.

Yup! laugh.gif The strongest person in the world is ten years old. FEARRRR TEH POWEEEER!

In other news, I bring you all more random stuff to share. This time a Reddit user's theory on someone in the game named...Takao?

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2...terious/cmf4f1x

Dunno what to make of it, but it's still a pretty good read.

Just finished AS, I got it two days ago I think, I'll SR for a shiny Treecko on my OS and begin a badgequest later on when I settle all of my competitive Pokemon from Y to AS. :v

I wanted to SR for Kyogre but the cutscene is freakishly long, I'm not too upset with not SRing for it though since I've already SR'd a shiny one on my Soulsilver a few months ago. Will probably end up SRing for all the legendaries that aren't locked, so will tripe hunt with my Black2/White2 and Soulsilver BQs after I transfer my living dex through bank. I haven't worked on my other hunts in a long time now.

Edited by suskekun222

Eh? Kyogre and Groudon, and possibly Rayquaza, are all locked. The rest don't seem to be. Deoxys might be.

Eh? Kyogre and Groudon, and possibly Rayquaza, are all locked. The rest don't seem to be. Deoxys might be.

There hasn't been any hard confirmation yet, if there was Serebii would be first to update everyone on the status of the game. I suspect the same but I just wanted to get a few thousands SRs in to see for myself.

Well, those are the ones that might be locked, if they are. I heard confirmation of Groudon and Kyogre, at least. Everything else is either unknown or confirmed not locked.

Everything except for Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza has already been confirmed not locked, thank god they aren't. Most have already been hunted experimentally by the shiny hunting community I'm part of and picture/video proof is up already by either the youtube hunters or on other forums.

S: Really, I don't see why nintendo would lock the three main legendaries if everything else is going to not be locked. They're all hunt-able in the older games anyways.

Edit: Forgot about Deoxys, I think thats another one no ones reported shiny yet.

Edited by suskekun222

I feel like they lock them so that there isn't an occasional cutscene/actual color discrepancy and they don't have to program the cutscene to display shiny in advance.

I have no idea why any legendary ever would be locked, but they have been :\

Starting from gen 5 they locked all story based legendaries so it doesn't affect the gameplay, like the legendaries that appears somewhere during the main storyline and not post-game, I guess its to stop people from SRing for a shiny in the middle of the story. Only the bird trio in XY wasn't locked but theres no way of SRing for that, since the shiny frame is decided upon creating the save file. :V

So? That already happens in other games that don't have locks, I'm sure. What does it matter if they happen to be shiny afterwards? Starters don't show up shiny in the bag at the beginning, but they can be shiny.

In Soulsilver/Heartgold you can see if a starter is shiny or not upon just looking without choosing, I've SR'd a Totodile and Cyndaquil on those games already.

And adding in a shiny legendary doesn't affect the game in any way. The locks are just there so that if you happen to land on a shiny IV frame when you initiate the battle on the right seed the lock would force your game to skip the frame. Theres even a AR code that removes the lock.

Edited by suskekun222

Bahaha, I'm taking it super ultra slow. Right now I'm juuust above Slateport at the first grass patch (haven't even talked to Stern yet tongue.gif). I took a break to try to shiny hunt. It's getting dangerous with levels but the experience and increased odds of shiny are worth it. xd.png Hoping I can find a 3 star shiny Electrike, and maybe it will have a good egg move (Flame Burst!), too. I found a 1 star high level one with Flame Burst, but I really want a 3 star Dx

Also, for those who don't want to have to get tons of repels: I've found that running JUST off screen of the edge of a patch of grass basically forces the Pokemon to be on the edge. Above Slateport, I've been running around up and down between the sign and the fence post on the right. It's the furthest I could run around and still trigger the DexNav. All the Pokemon so far have been on the rightmost edge of the grass patch there. c:

Good luck with the shinny hunting!

I don't have the first gym badge yet o.o

I've also found out what the starts mean ( 3 or 2 or 1 IV) and well...

I've decided to hunt for a adamant male ralts, with 3 stars...

Not found one yet, and probably never going to.

Me and my thinking.

I also wanted to share that the three stars mean how many near perfect or perfect IV's that pokemon has.

If people already know this, cool. But i wanted to share it, cause someone else was not interested in getting stronger and better pokemon. - pokes sister-

I've also caught a ( lv 13 ) female poochyena with three stars, poison fang fist move and something for her nature, but i know it's not a jolly. If anyone is interested in trading ?

Edited by Taryn123

I just now found a shiny skitty chaining with the dexnav :3 I love this thing so freaking much xd.png

Edit: I named it Kitty (I know so creative lol) search level is 160 but I didn't actually start following the guide until 141 so the chain was only 19! smile.gif

Edited by Pestilence420

The stars mean how many perfect IVs of 31 they have, yes. They may have more than 3 when there are 3 stars, all it means is they have 3 guaranteed. One or two just mean they only have one or two perfect stats.

I managed to obtain a copy of Corocoro along with the Eon Ticket code for my Japanese 3DS. Theres about ten or more people at my school that plays Pokemon, I'm only close to two of those players so I'll streetpass it to them and that'll be it.

Won't attempt to catch Latios until I'm sure the Eon Ticket Latios is not locked, then I'll hunt it.

Edited by suskekun222

I managed to obtain a copy of Corocoro along with the Eon Ticket code for my Japanese 3DS. Theres about ten or more people at my school that plays Pokemon, I'm only close to two of those players so I'll streetpass it to them and that'll be it.

Won't attempt to catch Latios until I'm sure the Eon Ticket Latios is not locked, then I'll hunt it.

Eon Ticket Latios/Latias are not shiny locked, this person got a shiny Latias with the Eon Ticket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XH8DiolHk

Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada, so I won't be getting an Eon Ticket *shrug*. Don't know why they can't just make events Wifi dry.gif.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon