LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Shiny locks are stupid, anyway. I would rather work for the shiny (or find it randomly!) than get it for free with no effort through some event.

@ Syiren-- Thanks! c:

Welcome. I'm a pretty big fan of Cloud Strife. happy.gif

I fully agree. Locking a pokemon's chance of being a shiny makes no sense. It's already hard enough without them putting a limit on it. I also fully enjoy the pure joy of blindly running into a shiny. I could be in the worse mood or half asleep, but have a shiny pop up and all that changes. After that it's a stressful/exciting, heart pounding 30 seconds of trying not to kill it and making sure you have enough pok'e balls to catch it.

I've caught shinies in every region except for Sinnoh, Hoen and Kalos(because I don't have X or Y yet. xd.png)

I wonder if we'll see a return event with Jirachi?

Edited by Syiren

I wonder if we will be able to trade with x and y instead of having to use the pokebank like all the others. I'd really like to trade then trade back.

@Psycho

I'm just really set on this being this way, because literally the first two things I thought after seeing the video were:

"OMG mega Groudon and Kyogre?!"

"Wait. THE ORBS. They are the mega stones!"

So, this is an odd question, but: Anyone know the hour the video was released? (Give me the timezone so I can calculate it in EST please)

I'm trying to approximate how many people thought of that before me (Because I just like to know these sorts of things tongue.gif)

I wonder if we will be able to trade with x and y instead of having to use the pokebank like all the others. I'd really like to trade then trade back.

I assume so. Heartgold/Soulsilver were able to trade just fine with Diamond and Pearl.

The only thing they'll probably end up blocking is transfer of certain items (though they could always create a patch for X and Y...)

Kind of like in Platinum you couldn't send Origin Forme Giratina to Diamond/Pearl. Same with Black and White Kyurem couldn't be sent to Black/White, nor could the Therian formes of the Genies be sent over.

Still though, they could just create a patch for X/Y...

I'm not sure the exact hour. I think it was in the morning for me after I got home from walking the dog. So I guess around 8:30-9:00 am Central Time Zone

I created the board (at 9:15 Central) not too long after I saw the announcement so I'd guess probably around 9 am was when it was posted on the Pokemon facebook page. It might have been actually uploaded before then though.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Steven fan-girl club high five! *high five*

I always felt bad for Wally. He was like I'm super sick and my parents are over protective and all I want is a pokemon for company. I was like D: *gives him all the pokemon*

I think the changes will be along the lines of a Forme change like with giratina and shaymin. The red/blue orbs will probably be omega/alpha orbs or something.

Oh gosh they better incorporate some Emerald things. Since in Emerald you get to have Steven as a partner for double battles for that one section in the place. (very specific)

ALL the Steven! *high-fives the Steven fans*

DOOT DOOT

If we can double battle with Steven I will roll around all over :'D

@ Syiren-- It would also be cool if the space centre becomes useable and you could go into space!

Deoxys and Jirachi possibilities? 8D

It would also be cool if the space centre becomes useable and you could go into space!

Deoxys and Jirachi possibilities? 8D

That needs to happen. Jirachi and Deoxys are too hard to get these days

So about 9:00, and I saw it at 10:00. Wow, I thought I was later than that

I'm not thinking clearly ATM, so I'll probubbly have to do this later. Anyone have any clue how many total Pokemon fans there are (to the nearest million maybe?)

IDK, there's likely a better way to determine all this crap

Honestly, these legends only obtainable from events... Nintendo might think it's fun, but it's a real pain in the butt for us. I really do hope Jirachi and Deoxys will be obtainable through normal game play.

I may be getting Omega Ruby, but I also want Alpha Sapphire. I'm leaning towards Treeko/Mudkip as my starter this time around. (No Blaziken as it was primary Pokemon in X). I may even treat myself to both if I can get enough money smile.gif

I've played all the original Game boy games, since Gen I, except for Gen III. So this remake will be the first experience for me, I'm hoping it will be great smile.gif

Tbh, I think mega evolutions would be better for these three than formes. We have yet to have a mega legend available and I think it would complement Lati@s nicely, being from the same gen and all.

Tbh, I think mega evolutions would be better for these three than formes. We have yet to have a mega legend available and I think it would complement Lati@s nicely, being from the same gen and all.

We have Mega Mewtwo, so we do have a mega legend.

But I didn't think about Mega Latios & Latias. I think they'll probably be in these games.

I feel like those the mega for those will be an event prior to or alongside the games release

^More than likely.

We still don't even have Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa.

I agree that event legendaries are a pain. I don't mind events for like the shiny legendaries or pokemon with movesets they don't normally have, but some of the events are just not possible for people to get.

(That is, the ones where you have to go to a physical location to obtain them)

I can't get anything that gets released via Toys R Us because the nearest one to me is over an hour away. I'm lucky I have a Gamestop but I'm sure plenty of people don't have that store or the stores like it that do distributions.

I do remember for Ruby/Sapphire, eons ago, when they had the Eon ticket distribution that took you to the island that had the Lati@s that didn't appear in your version (and also carried Soul Dew), they actually ended up making an e-reader card of it and put it in Nintendo Power magazines (I think at least, that's how I think my brother obtained his). Then you just had to have the e-reader and you could scan the card to get the event.

(Basically saying, it would be great if they could offer some of these events in other ways that people can actually get)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I can;t do Toys-R-Us either sad.gif But I have two GameStops within walking distance ^^

(Via Serebii)

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs

Oh man I can't wait!

I'll be getting both of them, of course. And starting with a full complement of starters. I mean, why ELSE would you go out and get both games? {I usually play my "main" game as a male, and then the "secondary" game as a female, since in earlier generations, I found it easier to get the female starters with a female trainer.}

I tried really hard to stop myself from buying a 3ds last year when X and Y came out, but with so many away trips this football season, looks like I'll be giving in. 7 hour trips get OLD fast, this will be a good way to placate myself.

I can't wait for these remakes, but if only I had a 3DS. I'll need this, X&Y, Animal Crossing and probably a lot more.

Alpha/Omega Kyogre and Groundon, and then a Mega Rayquaza since it's one of the most popular legendaries biggrin.gif

I'm so excited to see what new stuff they're going to incorporate into these games! I miss contests so much <3

So expected things:

Mega-evo of Kyogre, Groudon, maybe Rayquaza

I think mega latios and latias will be an evvent in xy prior to release or like victini and torchic, with first event

Hoen basic region, new places/subregion?

new pokemon?

How ablut the regis guys?

Mega evo starers

Anythng i miss?

From Serebii:

Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes
Edited by LeviathinGeneral

So expected things:

Mega-evo of Kyogre, Groudon, maybe Rayquaza

I think mega latios and latias will be an evvent in xy prior to release or like victini and torchic, with first event

Hoen basic region, new places/subregion?

new pokemon?

How ablut the regis guys?

Mega evo starers

Anythng i miss?

From Serebii:

Mega-evo of Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza 50% chance, I say new forms, but you ,ay be right

MEga Latias/os Probably

Hoenn new places/subregion: Most likely, as this was hinted to in a certain hotel (Forgot the name)

New Pokemon? Doubt it

The regis? I have no idea

Mega evo starters: I think those, and probably more, may be wrong, though, as no more megas are hidden in the XY coding

Jirachi :3

Use ALL the whoosh!

Haha yah I saw that.

"Sneak peak!!!!"

WOOSH THE LEGENDARIES WE ALL KNOW ABOUT COME UP AND WOOSH!

Trolltendo

Haha yah I saw that.

"Sneak peak!!!!"

WOOSH THE LEGENDARIES WE ALL KNOW ABOUT COME UP AND WOOSH!

Trolltendo

Pretty much everything about the 'sneak peek' lol. Whooshing and legendaries laugh.gif

I've heard it was a very boring letdown

Too bad, maybe next time