LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I honestly don't think there will be an Emerald remake coming. There was no yellow (or blue) when fire red and leaf green came out. There was no crystal with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

(However HG/SS did incorporate some of the events of crystal into it, so it's possible these two remakes could include some stuff from Emerald?)

Oh yes, that's the other running gag. They announced R/S remakes in the month of MAY

Yes, I noticed that (Though my comment was made for slightly less equitable reasons >_<)

And yeah, I expect them to incorporate stuff from Emerald, but it'll still be Ruby/Sapphire I expect

Birdz and I totally think that the Red/Blue Orbs are going to be Omega/Alpha orbs respectively to give Groudon/Kyogre different forms c: I don't think the new designs look different enough to be Mega forms, but just right to be alternate item-powered forms!

As much as I want Delta or Beta Emerald, like was mentioned above I doubt they'll have one simply because of the pattern of release for the other remakes. If they incorporate elements of Emerald into Omega/Alpha, I will be just as happy!

Nuu

Teh orbs are teh mega stones

They just... they just have to be, okay?

*Is going to have a cow if they aren't* And I know someone who can help me with that...

Epsilon Emerald? (I just really like the word Epsilon).

Absolutely getting Omega Ruby with a treeko (even though treeko is a bit difficult to get through the game with. Fire gym, flying gym, ice elite four >_>).

Anywhere taking reservations yet lol?

ALSO, really hope the post game has more than XY did. (which is likely, since there was tons to do in the originals).

Edited by Blood-Otherium

Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes"

Team Aquagma totally modifed the red/blue orbs into Mega Stones. My theory, of course, going off the combine teams idea, but I really do think they artificially created mega stones from the orbs.

Edited by PieMaster

I'm just gonna pull up my soapbox here and make a downer post.

I'm actually disappointed that they're remakes and not sequels. Don't shoot me down just yet! I came in the Pokemon scene around Generation 3 and the idea of going back to Hoenn REALLY excited me. Hoenn is my favorite region and has some of my favorite Pokemon designs, and it's also the reason that I love the sound of trumpets so much today. I clocked in at around 200:000 hours on each of my Generation 3 cartridges! I would still be playing my Ruby and Sapphire games, but sadly an unfortunate spill of coke at a movie theater damaged the games beyond all repair. I managed to get all of my Pokemon off before they corroded, thankfully, and I still have my FireRed and LeafGreen cartridges in excellent condition.

But that's exactly why I'm disappointed that they're remakes.

I have traded those 'mon up from the time I was young, and proudly display the 'Traveled across time and space to reach Kalos from the Hoenn region' characteristic... but that's just it. It's been a long TIME since these games have taken place. So now are we not only going forward in time, but backwards?! What will my little snippet say now? What about all those little hidden gems we've seen in the past? The Rocket executive who settled down in Unova, Caitlyn aging, Blue visiting Kalos... so nothing like that will show up in Hoenn? Hoenn takes place at the same time the Kanto games take place, which is why FR and LG can trade with R/S/E. We're going back to the start of the Pokemon game timeline.

A lot happened in those games! Groudon and Kyogre ravaged the landmass for a while and I ended up stopping them and also stopping the gang violence going on between Magma and Aqua. You're really telling me there was no sequel you could have made? No landmass destruction? No gang of neo-aqua pirates verses neo-magma gangsters? Nothing? If I want to play these games again I can go back to my DS lite and play them; and transfer all my Pokemon upwards. There's no console barrier between Gen 3 like there is for Gens 1 and 2. If I want to play those plots again I can just go back to my Emerald- with no penalty. I don't have to leave Pokemon behind. I really, REALLY wanted a new adventure in Hoenn, Easter eggs to look for, cameos to see, and change in the environment that comes with many years.

I'm still going to buy these games and I'll be excited to play them, but I'm less excited than I was. Where's MY chance to battle Brendan/May as a new trainer I created at the top of Mt. Pyre?

Well we really don't know all the details yet! There could be new characters, etc. All we've gotten so far is "Wooooosh Games coming out November *box art*"

I thought about that too, that this is the first remake that you can import pokemon from the original to.

(I still have my original Ruby team, even if it is filled with legendaries xd.png)

I am sooooooo getting Omega Ruby

Absolutely getting Omega Ruby with a treeko (even though treeko is a bit difficult to get through the game with. Fire gym, flying gym, ice elite four >_>).

^^^This

Minus the hard part. (Torchic has to deal with Psychic, Flying, Water. Mudkip has... Mudkip has... Hmm...)

Well we really don't know all the details yet! There could be new characters, etc. All we've gotten so far is "Wooooosh Games coming out November *box art*"

I thought about that too, that this is the first remake that you can import pokemon from the original to.

(I still have my original Ruby team, even if it is filled with legendaries XD)

As long as I can still have Brendan and Steven.

That's all I want. D':

((Well I actually want a lot of things. But I'll just keep it to Brendan and Steven for now.))

My Sapphire has an obnoxious 500+ hours logged into it, even though Groudon is my favourite of the three legendaries. XD My Kyogre was the first Pokemon I ever leveled up to 100 without using any Rare Candies (because let's face it, in Gen 1 especially-- everyone wanted to fight Missingno. just so they could get max Rare Candies, Masterballs, and stat boosters).

Also: TREEKO = best. Love Sceptile. ;; Treebutt.

Edited by birdzgoboom

^^^This

Minus the hard part. (Torchic has to deal with Psychic, Flying, Water. Mudkip has... Mudkip has... Hmm...)

Swampert only has to worry about grass. I know my brother is starting out with Mudkip if he ever gets Alpha Sapphire. I'm kind of leaning towards Torchic. I managed in the original Ruby version to beat the Elite Four using a level 54 Blaziken.

Ob- Obnoxious? My Pearl has 600+ sad.gif

I'm still back at mega Groudon and Kyogre, they simply have to exist, and the orbs simply have to have been mega stones (and 3D May)

Obnoxious isn't always bad. ;D My Crystal had over 400 hours on it and then the internal battery died, so. *cringes*

I think the orbs would be something like how they did in the episode Gaining Groudon... if anyone ever saw that episode. Where Pikachu accidentally absorbed the Blue Orb and basically went batcrap Groudonchu? Like that, but actually with the right Pokemon (Groudon and Kyogre), rather than...well, Pikachu.

So the Blue/Red orbs are holdable items and you can give it to your Groudon/Kyogre to have them do the thing with the cool stuff, like Giratina or Shaymin.

I don't like the idea of the plot possibly revolving around Mega Stones again... That's X and Y's/Kalos' thing. Technically Mega Stones shouldn't even really be a *widespread, well-known* thing during the R/S/E timeline... especially in Hoenn. :U I mean, if the Orbs basically ARE Mega Stones, okay, cool, slip it in there-- have it be an "Archie: omg what's happening why is it changing" kinda thing, NOT a pre-meditated "Archie: Muahahaha now I can have MEGA KYOGRE now that I've spent 9001 years trying to do the thing with the orb and the stuff!" thing.

Because that would be somewhat annoying, at least in my opinion. XD

Edited by birdzgoboom

I don't want to think about the hours I've clocked on all of my games xd.png

(Especially when you consider the ones I've played through several times)

Oh gosh yes we have to have Steven wub.gif Even if Wallace is the champion Steven has to be there doing Steven stuff. Maybe he'll give us mega-stones?

I recently did a ruby playthrough with Treecko, made a pretty nice in-game team with him

(Sceptile, Aggron, Torkoal, Gardevoir, Flygon, Walrein)

I do prefer the concept of them not expecting them to mega evolve. Maybe even losing control because of that (someone suggested working elements of emerald in?)

But I will seriously lose it if the orbs aren't mega stones (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, OKAY?)

Well, there is this

user posted imageuser posted image

I know it's a little small, but in case you're not getting what I'm getting at, recall the Japanese box art for X/Y

user posted image

Do you see the mega stone in that logo? Where the mega stone is in the X cover, is where an Alpha symbol in an orb and an Omega symbol in an orb are in the remake logos.

(this might be slightly easier to see)

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I don't want to think about the hours I've clocked on all of my games XD

(Especially when you consider the ones I've played through several times)

Oh gosh yes we have to have Steven :wub: Even if Wallace is the champion Steven has to be there doing Steven stuff. Maybe he'll give us mega-stones?

I recently did a ruby playthrough with Treecko, made a pretty nice in-game team with him

(Sceptile, Aggron, Torkoal, Gardevoir, Flygon, Walrein)

"Steven has to be there doing Steven stuff" <-- SOMEONE WHO GETS IT! <3

Steven is Steven and Steven is great. Pls no Wallace champion though, I like Steven moar.

And the thought of him giving you a Mega Stone has the potential to be incredibly cute and I will roll on the floor because I love that guy, ugh.

As for your team... That's the exact same team I used! XD Just swap Torkoal with Cradily (or even Salamence), actually, because I adore Cradily.<3

--

Hmmh, the Logos make me think more like they're going to just be Formes (Alpha & Omega Formes) rather than Megas. Like Hazeh said earlier too, I just don't think that there are enough physical differences between normal Kyogre/Groudon and the boxart Kyogre/Groudon to warrant them being Megas... mmmrrrrrhhghg. I don't know, I just want the questions answered D:

@ Weavile -- could you imagine Alpha/Omega Kyogre/Groudon fighting and then suddenly Rayquaza goes to stop them and does the whole Delta/Beta/Mega/Whateveritis Rayquaza bit? And suddenly it's 10000x cooler! Haha XD

Meh, not the biggest fan of Gen 3

It's actually my 2nd least favorite and most forgotten in my brain, next to Gen 4, for most least favorite, but it's at least more remembered than Hoenn...

(Note: I don't dislike any main series Pokemon games, I enjoy them, but I still have more preferable favorites AKA Johto...)

Meh, not the biggest fan of Gen 3

It's actually my 2nd least favorite and most forgotten in my brain, next to Gen 4, for most least favorite, but it's at least more remembered than Hoenn...

(Note: I don't dislike any main series Pokemon games, I enjoy them, but I still have more preferable favorites AKA Johto...)

Same except I like Sinnoh at least a bit more because of Snowpoint and the routes near it but |D

The only thing I'm especially looking forward to at the moment is Swampert and Sceptile probably getting Megas (well, and possibly Mega Evolving that shiny Kyogre I got while I was legend swapping awhile ago c': )

(Yes Johto is clearly the greatest high five c': )

@ Weavile -- could you imagine Alpha/Omega Kyogre/Groudon fighting and then suddenly Rayquaza goes to stop them and does the whole Delta/Beta/Mega/Whateveritis Rayquaza bit? And suddenly it's 10000x cooler! Haha xd.png

That would be the best

"Steven has to be there doing Steven stuff" <-- SOMEONE WHO GETS IT! <3

Steven is Steven and Steven is great. Pls no Wallace champion though, I like Steven moar.

And the thought of him giving you a Mega Stone has the potential to be incredibly cute and I will roll on the floor because I love that guy, ugh.

Whoo, fellow Steven fans! Personally I could just do with Wallace leaving completely. I kinda liked Jaun more. Wallace was cool, but in a Riley sort of sense. Not a "let's-replace-this awesome-champion-with-him" sense.

Go 3d Wally, though. I wub that guy. He was like Bianca, but not super... awkward.

Steven fan-girl club high five! *high five*

I always felt bad for Wally. He was like I'm super sick and my parents are over protective and all I want is a pokemon for company. I was like D: *gives him all the pokemon*

I think the changes will be along the lines of a Forme change like with giratina and shaymin. The red/blue orbs will probably be omega/alpha orbs or something.

Oh gosh they better incorporate some Emerald things. Since in Emerald you get to have Steven as a partner for double battles for that one section in the place. (very specific)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I always felt bad for Wally. He was like I'm super sick and my parents are over protective and all I want is a pokemon for company. I was like D: *gives him all the pokemon*

Wally is totally off his rocker and intends to take over the world with green-colored Pokemon

And no, stop this blasphemy! They shall be megas! (Anyone else remember how much I hated the concept of megas back when they were first announced? xd.png >_<)

Weavile, I was the same way. Now I've just kinda accepted them. Like Alakazam's name or male Gardevoirs.

But I would really like forms better. I feel like Game Freak got crazy with forms in Gen 5 and then just about dropped them in place of megas the next gen. We need a nice balance of forms and megas. Also we need more gender differences. What happened to those?