LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

So Pokemon just announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is coming in November!

user posted image

Are you excited for the gen III remakes? What are you looking forward to most? Which version are you picking up? Who are you choosing for a starter?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/

^Proof

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Quite frankly?

That sounds simply awesome.

Shan't be getting all excited for it though, as Pokemon isn't a series I'm really into now. But I will be tracking its progress!

Very excited! So many people are going to be happy lol I'm most likely going to get Alpha Sapphire because I love kyogre wub.gif

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............................

HOENN CONFIRMED! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

Also, mega Groudon and Kyogre look sweet

I'll be picking up Omega Ruby just because Ruby is what I picked all those years ago.

I'll probably start with mudkip, because that's who I had when I first played Ruby. Taking a trip down nostalgia lane cool.gif

The best part is now people can stop with Hoenn confirmed conspiracy theories xd.png

I'm not sure those are mega forms as much as just glowy and dynamically posed.

(It would be so awesome if they got mega forms though)

Edit: I guess they're more glowy than normal, more markings than they normally have.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

... I think I'm gonna have to save any scrap of money I get over the summer for this xd.png (Or at worst, wait until Christmas).

I finished Emerald a few weeks ago, and my game-- and probably the Ruby/Sapphire I let my brothers use-- was affected by the berry glitch, so I will be VERY happy to play through where I can actually grow berries and work on contests properly xd.png

Seriously. I loved contests and I just. CONTESTS IN G6 GRAPHICS

AND HOLY MOLEY LATIOS AND LATIAS THIS IS PROBABLY WHERE THOSE MEGA FORMS WILL SHOW UP *or a pre-release event for X/Y? It's possible the ones found by hackers were kinda garbage/test data...*. AND/OR SOUL DEW (I am very miffed at not having a soul dew in X xd.png)

Edited by Dr. Paine

Oh gosh they'll have remastered soundtrack, we'll hear the trumpets in all their glory xd.png

Though it says new world? Maybe we'll get a total revamp of Hoenn, new islands, towns, etc?

I can't wait for more details.

Are you serious?! First How to Train Your Dragon 2, then Kingdom Hearts 3 and now a remake of Ruby and Sapphire? What's next? A remake of Final Fantasy 7 with improve graphics? (one can always dream) This is AWESOME!

I don't know which version I'd get though. I like both Groudon and Kyorge. I got Saphire the first time, but never got Ruby. Maybe now I should get The ruby remake. Hopefully Bagon can be caught on both versions, if not then I'm getting the one with Bagon. There are two pokemon I always had in my team in Hoen and that was Salamence and Aggron. As for a starter. I'm not sure. Hoen was one of the few regions where I liked all three starters. The others being Kanto and Johto, but those were easy choices. Charmander and Totodile won every time. This time, I dunno. I guess Torchic if it's a female, but I'd probably go with Treeko.

Ohh~ This means the return of Team Aqua and Team Magma. I wonder if I can catch Rayquaza in the games? hopefully, its not as annoying as it was in Emerald. Battling it wasn't hard. Getting to the top floor was. Stupid crumbling building annoyed me to no end. By the time I got to the dragon I was too frustrated to enjoy catching it. I wonder what what the underwater worlds will look like now? Wasn't there a city you had to use dive in order to get to?

Edit: Oh crap! I totally forgot about Latios and Latias. I like both of them too. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter since I can catch both through my HG and SS games. Still, tough choice.

Edited by Syiren

^Sootopolis City was the one you had to dive to.

SECRET BASES IN 3D.... Oh man I loved secret bases, I really hope they bring it back.

Oh I hope they give the other two starters mega forms. I'd love to see Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

^Sootopolis City was the one you had to dive to.

SECRET BASES IN 3D.... Oh man I loved secret bases, I really hope they bring it back.

Thank you. I remember what the city looked like, but the name escaped me. Now I suddenly have an urge to find my Emerald and play it. The contests were awesome. and the idea of secret bases. I loved making them in trees. It was like having a tree house. laugh.gif

I wonder how the whole Groudon vs Kyogre event will play out this time? I remember in Emerald there was that awesome movie scene. You know, I had forgotten how awesome Hoen really was.

I've never played Ruby and Sapphire, so this will finally be my chance to do so biggrin.gif Excited! No idea yet which I'll go for... if I don't have a Groudon for my living dex yet by the times they're released probably Omega Ruby, though.

Which means my boyfriend will be getting Alpha Sapphire, so in the end it doesn't matter that much xd.png

I really wonder how much of the gen VI stuff will be in it. Trainer customisation? Sitting on benches? Moving diagonally?

In any case the wait is too long xd.png

I am super-excited about this! Hoenn wasn't my favorite iteration in the franchise, but I did enjoy some moments, like searching for Latios and Latias, catching a level 6 Gyarados from fishing, and spending so many hours searching for Feebas. I started with Torchic, but I might do Treecko this time. Blaziken was my least favorite final form for the starters.

Plus Mega Evolutions???? I'll be pre-ordering mine ASAP.

I'd probably get Alpha Sapphire xd.png I've got a Latios and Latias already so they won't present much issue (... actually I've got... over half the pokedex in living form including all legendaries, and I've reset X and intend to create a proper living 'dex this time around!), I just prefer the blue theme over red |D

I really don't know what I'd start with. In Emerald, I had Torchic... but I do like Sceptcile, I may nab Sapphire itself from my brother since he stopped playing and try running through it for the heck of it.

Oh man and I wonder if there'll be a Pokemon Amie like feature in there? Or Super training? Ooooh or what if they used the contest model from D/P/Pt, where there's the dressup aspect? Imagine combining that with Amie, that'd be fun! biggrin.gif

I think it'd be cool to see some expanded areas, yeah. Maybe more with the Regi temples? (also oh WOW this could mean a new distribution/version of the Shaymin and Mew events! It's been a while, I think, since there's been one for either of them and it'd be a great way to introduce them to G6, to to speak?)

So, we're most likely getting new starter megas, what are you guys wanting?

I really want Grass/Flying Huge Power Attack boosted Sceptile #leafbladefinallysignatureagain

It would need some Flying moves dropped in its movepool, since Acrobatics is useless with the mega stone. It would make a really good mixed sweeper (does Sceptile get Work Up or Growth?)

EDIT: Or Aerialate could be a thing

Flying just really makes sense. I mean, it's a lizard known for being high up in trees. It would make sense for it to develop some manner of gliding (like flying squirrels) to get around faster

I'm also expecting a second Blaziken

Edited by MasterWeavile898

*MUFFLED SCREAMING*

Oh my GOODNESS I am SO excited!

I'll definitely be getting both games!

Also. The covers look like a Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre...! Ahhhhh!!!

Groudon has always been one of my favourite legendaries (second only to Darkrai), so I am totally stoked!

Really, really looking forward to this "new world" that the games apparently take place in.... how exciting!

Groudon has always been one of my favourite legendaries (second only to Darkrai), so I am totally stoked!

*high five for Groudon love*

I got a little put-together model of him, it's in my closet on the top shelf protecting my stuff.

Really the Weather Trio (Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon) have always been one of my favorite sets of legendaries.

Grass/Flying would be cool for Sceptile mega I think. Swampert could just stay water/ground (electric immunity ftw)

I've got a complete dex so it really doesn't matter which version I get. I just have the nostalgia feels for Ruby.

Oh I forgot about contests! They should definitely have them in there. I remember the coolest part is when you won the master rank contests you'd get a picture of your pokemon drawn and put up in an art gallery (in game)

;____;

This is awesome! Part of me is so delighted but, well, I guess I really have to get a 3DS now.

Is it worth it?

Edited by glass_kisses

;____;

This is awesome! Part of me is so delighted but, well, I guess I really have to get a 3DS now.

Is it worth it?

It sure is! There are a lot of other great games on the 3DS right now as well.

They'll more than likely make a 3DS bundle with Ruby and Sapphire so you could probably wait for that.

(Oh man I'd love to have a 3DS with Groudon on it...)

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED

AHH

I'M GONNA GET BOTH

*screams loudly*

YOOOOOOO IT'S HAPPENING

oh man i dont know which one i wanna get aaah BUT IM SO HAPPY 3D HOENN YESS i cannot wait to see how it looks

Edited by Switch

I don't know how I feel about this yet.. On the one hand, "Yay! New Pokemon game with Gen VI graphics in 3D!" but on the other, the Hoenn region was never one of my favorites... :/ If I do decide to get it, I'll probably get Alpha Sapphire and start with Treeko. c:

ABOUT TIME OMG PERFECT I JUST FINISHED MY Y NATIONAL DEX I'M SO EXCITED AND--

..Eh-hem.

My heart is pumping adrenaline. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

ALSO MEGA KYOGRE/GROUDON! That can only mean... MEGA RAYQUAZA! This may be the best thing ever. EVER. EEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR.

Edited by PieMaster

I may have to break down and get a 3DS. At least I am getting a windfall soon so maybe I can get it then.

Oh god

Trumpets (probably) and copious amounts of surfing again

Blech

I'm still really really not a "tropical islands" kind of person

Eh, at least the Hoenn mons are all pretty rad

I still would have honestly rather had another Gen II remake even though I know that wouldn't possibly have happened c':

Definitely starting with Mudkip and grabbing a Nincada ASAP |D

Edited by Pika_Oi