Ashywolf

Add more Actions Security Method options.

This is something I kind of thought about. I like the idea of typing in a password to stop people abandoning my eggs, and spamming EQ and BSAs like that. But then there are BSAs like Incubate and Influence that really don't need this protection.

Was just thinking if we could have more control over what we had to type in passwords for. Its not realistically much of a time loss typing it in for 8 egg incubates but it would still feel more efficient.

I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I prefer having the security protocols in place for ALL functions. I just wish we could choose which functions show up in the action log, so I didn't lose the important ones. I don't 'need' to see the 500 abandons I did when hunting on the AP, what I 'need' are the Influences so I know when/if they failed or if I forgot to use it to begin with.

This is something I kind of thought about. I like the idea of typing in a password to stop people abandoning my eggs, and spamming EQ and BSAs like that. But then there are BSAs like Incubate and Influence that really don't need this protection.

Was just thinking if we could have more control over what we had to type in passwords for. Its not realistically much of a time loss typing it in for 8 egg incubates but it would still feel more efficient.

Yes yes please! I'd like to choose what I need a password for. I might just keep passwords for everything, but I'd probably turn it off at least for Incubate.

Or, maybe even we could pick whether to use no security, or the action name or password for each action. I'd like that.

Well influence might need passwords. You might occasionally click on egg above the one you really want it to be influenced before the page completely loaded. It is not an issue for those who have dozens of pinks and reds but for newbies, password requirement doesn't harm.

Maybe make it an option is okay. But this really never bother me.

I'd rather keep it in place, even if it is irksome on occasion. Otherwise, we'll get numerous players complaining - either on the forums or to TJ - that their evil sibling/room mate/parent/colleague influenced their eggs the wrong way, or incubated the wrong egg (when there's only one incubate left) and so on. And especially Influence might be important to have this password confirmation.

Imagine having been able to trade for a 3rd gen shimmer, for which you already have a perfect mate - and your sibling (or whoever) influenced it the wrong way to continue the lineage!

Again, that's why it would be optional. Maybe some of us don't have siblings or anyone else around who will bother our dragons (like me). I'd rather just click on the eggs to incubate and be done with it.

But stuff like Earthquake and Bite? Of course I'm keeping the password on that.

I think I'd maybe switch off Influence, too.

Again, that's why it would be optional. Maybe some of us don't have siblings or anyone else around who will bother our dragons (like me). I'd rather just click on the eggs to incubate and be done with it.

But stuff like Earthquake and Bite? Of course I'm keeping the password on that.

I think I'd maybe switch off Influence, too.

^This. My only sibling is married and has moved out and he wouldn't mess with me in that way anyways. The only thing is that I would personally leave it on influence just as a method of double-checking I have the right one.

Edited by Nectaris

I'd definitely switch off password entry for "Incubate" if given the option. It's irritating to deal with (I usually mass incubate).

Edited by Wahya

Maybe we can compromise to only abolish password protection for Incubate? The harm it can do is absolutely minimal, after all.