Jedi40

Forest of Mirrors

Please click

HERE

to see my babies that need clicks to grow up! Thank you!

Edited by bigmamared

I just joined. This seems like a cool site, though not many people are active on it...

This site is dead can someone lock this thread please.

Doesn’t look dead to me. :0

Here are my eggs!

LyZwop1UsHaWjRGCquXyaiZjG

Edited by Acclivius

6ctaJFPTNqGAp8Ik2POB 

Just joined a few minutes ago, I don't know if this site is still active (I'm the only person online apparently) but I figured I'd try posting my eggs here anyways.

Edited by lunarrainbows
added an egg

28 minutes ago, lunarrainbows said:

Just joined a few minutes ago, I don't know if this site is still active (I'm the only person online apparently) but I figured I'd try posting my eggs here anyways.

Hey there! I’m active on that site! It’s small but I love it! Hope you have fun!

And here are my babs right now:

1A752LyZwoCquXyaiZjGhzMNrqoPoy4dQnnp1UsH aWjRG 

Edited by Ratto

Hello, may i ask a question? I want to join the site but i ever get the following error:

Database error 1062 - Duplicate entry '2.247.241.208' for key 'ip'

How do i fix it?

Forest of Mirrors isn't gone. It's just been restarted and has moved to https://mirrorwood.com/index You'll need to re-register, but there's the option to bring creatures and some part of your blue stones/reactor stones over from the old site.

The site is currently down and has been for about the past week. I have contacted the admin, but have not yet heard back.

Edit: Heard back from admin on December 9th.

The news from Ezriaphiel:

It's not gone, Tom has just been busy with moving the server in between also hosting my other project & his classes. I would do it myself but unfortunately that side of the technology is out of my scope ^^; My other project also unfortunately grew outside of just myself so I find myself having to dedicate more time to it because I don't want to disappoint the rest of my team. But FoM still exists, and won't be going anywhere (the other project needs it haha)

And a follow-up message when I asked if I could share the news:

Yeah! We've just been juggling life & overworking ourselves until we can get a stable team for the other project (it just broke 80k registered users u-u ). It's not a click site like FoM & to be honest it seems to attract a lot of children but my eventual goal while I work on it is to make a sort of living alternate-Veil from some open source code. [Link to site removed because I don't know if they wanted that shared.]

I'm a bit more active on there & always on the discord for both games if you need to check in with me! Hopefully by this weekend Tom will get FoM back up.

Edited by Mathcat
Heard back from admin with site news.

Seems to have poofed again... anyone know what's going on? :C

The broken images and broken forums are a known issue and will be fixed eventually. However, both the admin and the coder are currently going through real-life issues that don't leave them time to work on the site.

Aw man.  I finally have time again for stuff like this, made a login on the new domain, tried syncing my account and it didn't work.  I'm assuming that's related to the same issue that broke the forums,  but it sucks that all my babies (and slots :/)   are gone... 

also fishing? I can't find it.  >:/   

I want seadrake eggs.   And summoning seems to be gone???   Apparently it changed a LOT while I was away...  But, other than certain things like clan quests, forums, the click page, images, and a few other things being broken, the site IS working again.  I've been clicking on everybody's eggs/hatchlings today and snagged a few myself, successfully grew two into adulthood, and scours and the battle arena are working too (and much improved, in some ways, from when i last was active).  

User shops seem to be broken, though. 

Upon further poking around, alchemy seems to be bugged, as are any methods of gaining access to areas other than the shink area.  But the site is functional ENOUGH that I've been quite enjoying it, especially since the ability to play with any of my creatures with an attached companion creates a reliable way to get more blue stones once i've exhausted all of the growing creatures accessible via the "next creature" button/tab. 

Also, if anyone wants to play with my creatures (the little orange circle icon) to get some free blue stones (and occasional reactor stones), feel free! 

https://mirrorwood.com/profile/363

This is my new profile, though I have not yet been able to sync it with my old account.  So, all of the creatures I had are gone, as are all the companions and items... and without fishing or the old shop, I'm not sure how to get all of the fish companion critters anymore, or where to get things like the dawn and destruction figures, etc, that used to be available.  

I've given every single creature I have a companion, though. And I've been playing with them regularly over the past day.  I've also noticed, despite seeming dead, that there are several new users who have joined the site within the past few days.  The site is far from dead!

Tip for any new players who might be viewing this thread:  I highly recommend spending a few stones to get, if nothing else, a jade gemwing or two to give to your creatures.  Every... hour? half hour? FREQUENTLY.   You can play with any creatures that have a companion equipped, which gives you some blue stones (and sometimes, reactor stones).  Every time the creature is played with, the number of blue stones given increases, no matter WHO plays with it.  So it starts at 0 stones, then 1, then 2, but eventually could be hundreds of stones.  So start doing this right away, and play with your creatures every time you log in, and soon you'll easily be able to purchase potions, companions, eggs, etc, if you keep doing this with all your creatures. 

(Putting that tip there because it's something I, as a player who only just came back after about two years, had to figure out. And, with the site's forums broken, this very thread is actually one of the first and only useful google results when searching for any recent discussion or info about Forest of Mirrors / Mirrorwood )

So, since the forums are broken and the wiki hasn't been updated since 2015, this is basically the only place I can ask this:   a friend and I are trying to figure out how to create ascended arcane dragons, which is still listed in the encyclopedia as a valid creature, but the item used must not be called a "glimmering gem" anymore because that item is NOT listed in the encyclopedia.  There is an "arcane gem", which i do not have, but I assume that's the item?  I have an arcane dragon, and a few arcanus dragons, but I do not see any sort of option to "harvest" a gem from them as the outdated wiki mentions.  How do I obtain these gems in order to ascend my arcane dragon(s)?

Thanks.

They don't seem to be currently available, unfortunately (unless they're a very high-level alchemy recipe. The "harvesting" option didn't transfer over from the old site.

Edit: And fishing has been removed. I think that was even removed before the site change.

Edited by Mathcat

Ahhh, thanks for the info.  That's unfortunate, and I'm guessing fishing is gone too since I don't see any of the fish companions in the encyclopedia. Still, so many other features work pretty well despite the buggy state of the site, so I'll count my blessings.  I'll also pass that along to my friend, who has been trying to hoard arcane dragons in an attempt to figure this out.