Jedi40

Forest of Mirrors

Ah, sorry, I didn't explain well! Anyone can join, new or older members, even if you participated in the halloween event, it doesn't matter ^^ So, yes, you can join too!

Thanks and I just added my numbers to it biggrin.gif

Added to the contest! biggrin.gif

A new creature called the Witherskin has been recently released~! Appears in creche but is quite uncommon, it seems! You can also build families now, which means you can spread a certain lineage around always keeping their heritage!

Thanks. Umm what does this new creature look like?

Thanks I was just able to nab one.

Meanwhile, shinks and longans were added as well.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Tomorrow is the last day for my lottery sign up

Meanwhile, shinks and longans were added as well.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Tomorrow is the last day for my lottery sign up

They have? blink.gif And where are they found? What do their eggs say?

Longans are only available in the Darklands, which you only have access to if you participated in the Halloween quest (which leaves both of us out unless some get dropped to the Lost Fields).

Shinks can be found through Eggx - http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/eggx - for 500 blue stones each or 5,000 blue stones for permanent access to the area where they can be found. Unlike other creatures, shinks hatch at 35 clicks, stop taking up an egg slot at 50 clicks, and are fully mature at 75 clicks. There are currently four types (all of which look alike until they mature) and there will probably be more in time. Shinks have itty bitty eggs that look like this: user posted image.

Edited by Mathcat

Thanks for the info again Mathcat. Once again I don't have the coin to get anything. Oh well let's hope they are still around when I do.

I will be dropping a few longans today smile.gif Don't worry, they will be around as far as I know. I also haven't got many shinks, but in a few hours I will distribute the lottery's prizes, which include blue stones, so you can still win some money to buy shinks ^^

Here are some links to recent changes/topics of interest. I'll add the relevant information to my first post as time permits. The most recent news post now also appears on the main page, along with the most recent release (excluding unannounced releases like the longans, obviously).

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/mybb/showthread.php?tid=268 - FoM gets families.

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/mybb/showthread.php?tid=280 - The first of the site overhauls. Be aware that the old theme will no longer be updated.

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/mybb/showthread.php?tid=284 - These replace item, figure, and tiny drops (ingredients no longer drop). You can view any unopened boxes under Account -> My Boxes (site, not forum). Also note that choosing a clan is now mandatory - no more remaining unaffiliated.

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/mybb/showthread.php?tid=286 - Weigh in on potential upcoming site changes.

Also, while most of the links don't work yet, there is an in-progress encyclopedia under Explore.

Thanks for all the info and updates you two. Where are the boxes? I see them listed in the link but I can't fine where mine is at all.

If there's nothing listed under My Boxes, that means you haven't gotten any yet. Boxes are a rare outcome from clicking.

But I don't even see My Boxes listed anywhere. Where should it be found?

Okay It shows one on the page but I can't open it sad.gif

Ah, the one at the top is an example of a box, the real boxes you get stay at the bottom, below "click to open one".

And so I guess I have none then.

I have gotten all the eggs for the Garden Achievement and they have hatched yet only 2 are showing up as me having them for some reason so I can't get the award for that one. sad.gif help please.

Best course of action is to post at the forum. Infernette is changing the systems around currently and I believe she changed some species names. There are currently bugs with the achievements, it's important to post them at the forum

Infernette has changed the Scour system. Now you can send up to 5 creatures to go explore for a random number of hours in a random area. When they return, they have a chance to bring home some Clan boxes. These boxes contain figures, tinies and items (the items that used to drop from clicking).

For this, the tinies and figures (and toys in generals) were all removed from our collection sad.gif

As a refund, if you suggest the next tiny (from all the creature species that already exist), you win 2500 blue stones, 100 reactor stones and a special alt rykier: http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/bestiary/request (rewards are immediatly distributed)

Boxes can also contain companions (like snakies). Scouring will also give you blue stones and reactor stones, making it a pretty good way of making money.

Thanks for all the new info on the game. I got some boxes at last and it had some items in it to finish some of the quests. so me happy.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Embed codes got fixed (or at least the individual ones did - embed all still shows the old version) so that creatures will show up on here/Umbria/VoU without the workaround. I don't know if images will update automatically, but at least getting them into a signature is much easier.

Edited by Mathcat

Those images do not update automagically cause they're direct image links.

Also currently the site host is having issues so it may appear ded for awhile.