diaveborn

Lengthen Festival of Eggs or change wait time

I think every 5 to 10 minutes is the best time for events like this.

It was really frustrating for me because it seemed like I always had to wait 15 minutes for an egg to pop up. And since I started late I was worried I wouldn't get them all. Thankfully I did, though. But it was still really frustrating.

I don't feel particularly strongly either way on the matter - probably because I have more time for DC than a lot of people. I do sympathize to some extent with both arguments, though. Faster drops means it'll be over sooner for the more active people, meaning less entertainment. I agree that it would be nice for some people if the wait time between eggs was decreased, though, and I have no personal objections to that. I'd personally prefer if it was never less than five minutes - even that seems extreme to me - but definitely under 15 minutes would be reasonable.

I think the main problem of the festival of eggs, as compared to the similar trick-or-treat, is that it is an event all on its own, rather than one that's accompanied by holiday breeding/release (and optionally an adventure/carnival event as was done in the last few years).

And as a result people who aren't devoted to the "MUST catch 'em all" mindset (well, at least for me) will find that it is rather hard to find a motivation to stay on the cave, as opposed to trick-or-treat where the cave offers you other things to occupy your time, allowing you to complete the trick-or-treat collection as a secondary task.

My suggestion to this is to either add more things to Easter event than just the festival of eggs alone. And if that cannot be done, then the average interval between eggs should be lowered by a considerable margin to make it easier.

The Easter event isnt well liked in my house. The kids have a rather difficult time keeping focused between having to share their computer to catch. They havent finished an Easter event in a few years, despite even going so far as setting them a timer, so they can play their games and watch their shows, inbetween the timer going off. Had we been one city over, school would have been back in session, and they would have only had about 3 hours to try to catch, each day. (They are both home by 4 and in bed by 8, 9 at the latest.)

It would be nice if the timer sped up on the last day, for those people who at least attempted to catch a few a day during the rest of the event.