Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

I didn't see one for a Daydream so i made this up:

You are walking towards the egg, determined to touch it, but as you get closer, your thoughts wander, and you soon forget what is was you were doing here. Feeling slightly confused, you leave.

(presumably we don't have to have permission to do this?

if we do, sorry...)Feeel free to edit this a bit if you wish.

Thats a great idea! ^^ Finally those adult dragons don't have to just lay around all pretty on our scrolls, and actually do something for a change! xd.png

This is a great idea! I've always been worried that someone would do that, especially to holidays. It is also pretty logical, since dragons would want to protect their young, right?

I also have a description for the pygmies, sine I didn't see any yet:

Pygmy- As you attempt to view the egg, a small dragon jumps on your head and you run out of the cave, screaming.

I like this..

^^

Valentines day dragon types : "We started for the cave to see if you could find a dragon, but, alas, you felt your heart filled with love for the pretty bit of lichen on the wall. You spend the next few hours singing love songs to it until you get chased out by a dragon. You ran out, proclaiming your love"

Or something like that because I'm not all that great at this. ^^;;

Zombie: As you try to touch the hatchling, an overwhelming stench of decay and rotting flesh meets your nose. Catching a glimpse of glowing blood red eyes staring at you and hearing a snarl, you run for your life screaming bloody murder.

Teehee xd.png Zombies are awesome xd.png

Edited by LightningRip

I has a lot of ideas biggrin.gif

Albino- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but the ground gets all slippery, and a scale-less dragon takes you away...

Balloon- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but the egg is taken away by a mysterious floating figure, somewhat like a balloon.

Two Finned Blunna- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but multiple, social dragons take it away...

Bright Breasted Wyverns- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon with poisonous barbs on its feet attempt to attack you, so you back away...

Canopy- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon put the egg on a high branch, so you couldn't reach it...

Coastal Waverunners- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon takes it and places it on a dangerous wave, but the egg/hatchling seems to be okay. You decide not to try getting it...

Daydream- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon distracts you and you find yourself where you previously were...

Day Glory Drakes- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon the size of a kitten blinds you with its colorful colors...

Night Glory Drakes- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a bat-like creature scares you away...

Deep Sea- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon places the egg/hatchling in the deep part of the sea. You decide it is too risky to try and view it...

Shallow Water- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon uses Splash Attack and you fainted... you end up on your own scroll...

Dorsal- You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a dragon with large fins roars at you. You get frightened and run away...

More to come tomorrow xd.png

idea: one guardian dragon can guard only one egg of your choice. a bsa would be good. you choose guard then choose the egg.

I suggest there is an other function called View Limitor

View Limitor

Enter an amount of view to be recived on you dragon hatchling/egg before it will be fogged automatically.

With this your egg/hatchling will still be able to recive views but in a controled manner.

Sounds fun, not finding eggs.

My eggs and dagons hardly ever get soft or sick - it helps not to post them the first day, not to place it in more then two hatcheries the same time

- and not to make your scroll visible to anybody else, if you've got rares rolleyes.gif

Edited by Aresa

KageSora

Chicken (this one's based off Zelda though): "You reach for the egg, but a chicken runs out from a nearby cave and begins to make a horrible racket. In moments you find yourself surrounded by angry chickens, and decided to retreat. You flee for your life as the chickens give chase, stopping only once you have dived into a nearby lake."

Mikaul (this one is EXTREMELY humorous)

Summer Dragon: "As you are reaching towards the egg, you are distracted by someone in a tight bathing suit and choose to attempt to click them instead."

Zombie: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you are overcome by the stench of decay and rot, and something horrible shifts in the gloom, staring balefully at you with scarlet eyes. You run for your life!

Split: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a dragon head ducks down in front of it, snarling. Startled, you jump to the side, and another head comes down, blocking your path to the egg again, its teeth bared. You turn and flee the enraged dragon.

Loved these three the best xd.png

I've had only one case of a dead egg due to malicious viewing (it was a V-day) and this past v-day my two Rosebuds and a Bluna hatchie got sick, not due to malice, but high-traffic. It'd be nice to have protection :3

Can I try?

Neglected: as you approach this egg, a protective paw slides around it. You look up into the eyes of the skinniest dragon you have ever seen, before fainting clear away from its foul breath.

Chicken: What egg? you can only see a brooding hen.

or/ as you try to click the egg, it sprouts two chicken feet and runs away!

I think this is a good idea to a point.

It would make hatching/caring for eggs to easy.

I think the idea about the guardian dragons be the only ones to guard would be best.

That's just my opinion biggrin.gif

I think something like this would be good, too. I got a chicken recently and it must have made someone pretty mad. I didn't put it on any sites. I got distracted (probably by one of my cats) and then put a load of laundry in. When I came back in 45 - 60 minutes my chicken was sick from getting so many views from where someone had put it on several sites. Fortunately, I got back in time.

I like this idea, in general. But it seems like it would glitch too easily, and I post all My dragons on fansites. So if it was glitchy and/or started blockig all views from fansites, my poor hatchies might die. I think if white dragons had a limited BSA to heal sickness, this would be unnecessary. And that might be easier.

Mikaul (this one is EXTREMELY humorous)

Summer Dragon: "As you are reaching towards the egg, you are distracted by someone in a tight bathing suit and choose to attempt to click them instead."

OMG!! *rolls around on floor laughing*

What about some of the newer dragons? Like:

Pillow: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but you can't seem to find it in all this fluff

Misfit Pygmies: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but a bunch of brightly colored dragons swarm after you and start picking on you

Hellfire: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but the ground cracks open and the Devil sends his minion after you! (sorry, just playing on the name xd.png)

Daydream: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but your mind seems to have wondered off and you forget what you were doing

Whiptail: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but a long tail whips out at you and smacks you

Ember: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but a dragon pokes it's head out of a pile of ashes and glares at you

Nebula: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but you find yourself stargazing instead

BBW: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but find that you can't feel your arm so you rush to the doctor (they have poisonous barbs so maybe the poison has a numbing effect?)

Ice: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but you start to get extremely cold and leave

Thunder:you try to near the egg/hatchling, but hear a large thunderclap overhead and lightning strikes nearby so you flee

Magma: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but the air around it is way too hot so you decide to leave it

Spitfire: you try to near the egg/hatchling, but a wall of glass surrounds it

I love the descriptions people have come up with for the guarding actions smile.gif I do agree that not limiting it to specific breeds seems better, and that requiring multiple adults for it to be effective also seems sensible. This seems like a fabulous idea for protecting high risk eggs without potentially killing them by leaving them fogged too long.

feel this needs a bump this would be cool to implement and help protect from eggs from viewbombing

Isn't this just hiding your scroll, but not? o3o;

Just an idea to throw into the mix...

The most obvious situation where this suggestion applies is this: You got a rare egg from the cave, someone else wanted it, clicked it, got the code and tries to kill your egg. So... What if CB eggs that are caught changed their code?

The idea behind this is pretty simple: If nobody has the code of your egg and you do the usual to protect your scroll (hide scroll name, etc.), they can't kill your egg because they cannot post it anywhere. All you as the player have to do is hide your scroll name.

Just an idea to throw into the mix...

The most obvious situation where this suggestion applies is this: You got a rare egg from the cave, someone else wanted it, clicked it, got the code and tries to kill your egg. So... What if CB eggs that are caught changed their code?

The idea behind this is pretty simple: If nobody has the code of your egg and you do the usual to protect your scroll (hide scroll name, etc.), they can't kill your egg because they cannot post it anywhere. All you as the player have to do is hide your scroll name.

Hide your SCROLL. MUCH safer....

With a little thinking, I found the hole in my reasoning. :roll: After all, there are people who hunt for codes - they'd be peed if the egg they caught would change their code. So, maybe it could be an egg action (change code) that can be used once and only once?