Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

earthquake and incubate and influence however, are BSAs that can be done without. gameplay without them is not much different than today. those BSAs don't KEEP hatchlings and eggs from dying at the hands of malicious attackers. if protection was an automatic thing, it wouldn't matter to users who don't know about it because they don't have to manually activate it. It seems to me if a feature is something to promote the safety of eggs from those who would kill them out of jealousy, then the feature should be all or nothing. automatically available to all who have adult dragons, or not avalable at all.

also, BSAs and such are listed on the dc wiki right? or on fansites or something? i know my friends and I often talk about DC on places other than this forum.

also, remove the BSAs and the forumgoers of DC will riot, i just know it

Well, that much is true. At the same time, you could propose that dragons from all scrolls will give little draggies or eggies some views so they don't die on the unsuspecting newbie who didn't know they'd need so many.

Besides, every DC player has the option to join the forums and look what he can find out here. If he doesn't, it's his own fault. Saying that we have to consider the ignorant batch of players who'll never find out because they'll never get the necessary dragon is like blaming the weather report for people who don't have an umbrella when they need it. All you can do is offer a weather report, but the people still have to read (or watch or listen to ) it.

This seems like a good idea, but there are SOME tiny flaws-

What about people trying for NDs? I know, I know, it's a small majority of DC, but those people need an excessive amount of views at an incredible rate in the last few minutes of their egg's life.

A perhaps better option would be to have the ability to turn off 'Guard' incase somebody wanted to achieve something like an ND etc.

Good idea. I have an idea for the Ice...

You walk up to the egg/hatchling, but a freezing cold ice wall surrounds it, and you decide to run before you get too cold.

And for the Nebula...

You head toward the egg/hatchling, but all of the sudden stars surround you and the egg/hatchling seems to be hidden somewhere.

And for the Cheese...

You walk toward the egg/hatchling, but everything turns into cheese and the egg/hatchling is completely invisible.

And for the Balloon...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but it floats far away from where you can see it. You decide not to run after it, as you have your own dragons to care for.

Why does it need to be a BSA addition and not a scroll setting like the 'accept help' setting? If there was a sudden, dangerous/malicious burst of activity it would protect the egg until it hit the 4 day mark and could grow up. It would only protect for those first 3 days, then would stop to allow for ERs to hatch eggs if desired or necessary.

One for the waterhorse...

You head for the egg/hathchling, but the ground suddenly slimes under you, and each step sends you sliding away. You give up to try.

And for the horse...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but a horse dragon gallops over and picks it up. It gallops away and you sit down, confused.

For the Bluna...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but the egg/hatchling suddenly falls into a lake that wasn't there before. You decide to leave.

And one for the Daydream...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but your head is surrounded by clouds, and once you retreat, it is gone.

For the Limestone...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but you are surrounded by walls of limestone. When you turn around, it has gone.

For the Vampire...

You head for the egg/hatchling, but a rotten egg stench turns you back.

Edited by Cavedragon49990

This seems like a good idea, but there are SOME tiny flaws-

What about people trying for NDs? I know, I know, it's a small majority of DC, but those people need an excessive amount of views at an incredible rate in the last few minutes of their egg's life.

A perhaps better option would be to have the ability to turn off 'Guard' incase somebody wanted to achieve something like an ND etc.

Many users have suggested that you can assign a dragon to the task of guarding a single egg, and also un-assign it. Therefore, if a user wished to make an ND, they could do so without much trouble. C:

This is an awesome idea!!!

I believe all eggs/hatchies (except for the frozen, of course), not fully grown dragons, should have the action. When you click on the action, you should be able to choose dragons from your list to guard it. This way, it takes away the need for removing BSAs.

I also have a few suggestions for what it says for the certain dragons:

Daydream:

You go to view the egg/hatchling, but you everytime you go near it you have trouble concentrating on one thing. You decided its best to leave.

Hellfire:

You try to go near the egg/hatchling, but an agressive dragon comes out of the dark and tries to burn you. You run away to safety.

Whiptail:

You go to view the egg/hatchling, but in a flash of brown and light-blue, its gone.

Pygmy:

You go to see the egg/hatchling, but a small dragon attacks you ferociously. You know that you are not welcome and decide to flee.

Ochredrakes:

You try to view the egg/hatchling, but a playful looking dragon captures your attention. When you turn back to the egg/hatchling, its gone.

Grey:

You walk over to the egg/hatchling to find that it is surrounded by a dense fog. You are afraid if you go in, you won't be able to fing your way out, so you leave.

I'll try and come up with some more later.

PS. My very first dragon was a red. I got confused when my second dragon, a deep sea, didn't have incubate, so I looked it up. There is a way for non-forum goers to find out about BSAs. I also have an army of reds, they are the most abundant dragon on my scroll.

Edited by masterkat6

This is an awesome idea!!! but yeah, why are reds the only dragons that can incubate???

one for the earth dragons that have vines

as you approach the egg, your feet are slowly being surrounded by encroaching vines with red or yellow flowers. you decide to flee before being tangled up.

This is an awesome idea!!! but yeah, why are reds the only dragons that can incubate???

one for the earth dragons that have vines

as you approach the egg, your feet are slowly being surrounded by encroaching vines with red or yellow flowers. you decide to flee before being tangled up.

'cause otherwise it wouldn't really be a BSA, would it?

I was just thinking, what if...

When you pick up a new egg, it prompts you to pick a guardian (You can choose not to have one) and the dragon guards the egg or hatchling automatically in case it is gettig too many views.

...End of fantasy.

Edited by AlwaysGone

This would be really helpful. Maybe the guardianship can activate right before the egg/hatchie gets enough views to sicken it?

-Poooooooke-

I don't know if this has been mentioned EXACTLY before, but...

Coastal Waverunner- You attempt to approach the egg, but salt water waves begin to splash up against you. The closer you get to the egg, the harder the waves are. You decide it's best to leave the egg alone.

How about this?

Gray- You near the egg/hatchling, but when your hand is a half-inch away, a fierce storm churns up. Suddenly, there's a flash flood, and you get swept away. When you get up, the egg/hatchling is gone.

Here...

Spitfire- You walk up to the egg/hatchling, but a Spitfire turns it's head toward you and growls menacingly. Realizing that Spitfires like fighting and aggressive behavior, you flee.

Day Glory- You approach the egg/hatchling, but an army of Day Glories surround you. Feeling like an ant, you hurry off.

Purple Dino- You walk to the egg/hatchling, but suddenly, a Purple Dino lands on the ground with a strong thump and guards the egg/hatchling with it's wing. When you go closer, the Dino growls, picks up the other wing, and flaps. You are blown out of sight of them.

Here...

Spitfire- You walk up to the egg/hatchling, but a Spitfire turns it's head toward you and growls menacingly. Realizing that Spitfires like fighting and aggressive behavior, you flee.

Day Glory- You approach the egg/hatchling, but an army of Day Glories surround you. Feeling like an ant, you hurry off.

Purple Dino- You walk to the egg/hatchling, but suddenly, a Purple Dino lands on the ground with a strong thump and guards the egg/hatchling with it's wing. When you go closer, the Dino growls, picks up the other wing, and flaps. You are blown out of sight of them.

You do know Day Glories are miniscule, correct?

okay, if this were to work... aren't the PARENTS supposed to guard? im not really sure if a parent would let a guardian dragon guard there egg (unless its CB). but can't this be breed specific? say for instance, would it make any sense if a fire dragon guarded a water dragon? when fire (or red/ magma) get's next to water, the fire would fizzle out. if the egg got next to a red/magma, the eggs water would evaporate leaving the leetle water dragon dried up. so i think parents or breed specifics should guard.

golds,neglecteds and zombies won't get BSA because everybody wants one now.

I love this idea. I would say, any dragon could gaurd, and you could turn it on and off whever you need too. When I get a rare, I would want to use this.

My favorite part of this all, the descriptions for each dragon. Here's what I came up with, might edit them later. And add more. Obviously, where it says egg could also be hatchie.

Albino- As you near the egg, a ghostly pale shape with blinding red eyes stares at you. It's black horns are polished to a point. It tips back it's head and lets out a terrifying screech. You turn and flee, before the dragon can make it's next move.

Balloon- As you near the egg, a big ball of a dragon floats out. It begins to bounce around the cave, and coming closer and closer, having quite a bit of force in it. You're quite sure it's attempting to crush you. You leave before it suceeds.

Black- As you near the egg, the cave gets darker and darker, before long you can't see anything but the egg you came to see. Suddenly, it dissapears, and you become lost in the darkness. A pair of gleaming green eyes glares at you. You close your eyes and run towards where you think the exit was.

Bright Pink- As you near the egg, you see a Bright Pink dragon curled around it. Guessing she will do no harm, you approach her. She snaps her head in your direction, and bares her teeth at you. Startled by her actions, you leave quietly.

Bright Breasted Wyvern- As you ner the egg, a Bright Breasted Wyvern swoops down, and flies around the egg. It flies closer to you. You notice the posion barbs, and leave before they are used on you.

Edited by Kapturo

I like this idea. ^^ It can prevent deaths of eggs, which should make many people happy. It's also fun to create and read different defense messages. I have some suggestions, if you care. xd.png

EDIT: Added more. :>

Skywing: As you attempt to touch the egg, a huge shadow sweeps past you. Then you hear a loud roar and flee.

Water: As you attempt to touch the egg, a small wave of water splashes onto you. You decide to leave it alone when a large, serpentine dragon growls from behind it.

Purple: As you attempt to touch the egg, a large purple wing sweeps over it and brings it away from you, cradling it. You leave it alone.

Red: As you attempt to touch the egg, an ember flies past you. You decide to leave the egg alone.

Dorsal: As you attempt to touch the egg, you relise that there's a black and purple/red dragon behind you. You decide to leave the egg alone.

Magi: As you attempt to touch the egg, a sparkling magic showers on you. When you look up to see what did it, seeing nothing, then back, the egg is gone.

Storm: As you attempt to touch the egg, you hear a loud, angry rumble of thunder. When rain starts to pour, you run off to find shelter.

White: As you attempt to touch the egg, you relise that it looks injured from others. When you leave it, a white dragon heals the scars and wounds.

Frilled: As you attempt to touch the egg, green and orange flashes in front of you! Startled, you decide to leave it alone.

Whiptail: As you attempt to touch the egg, you hear a whipping noise. When you turn to the source, and then back at the egg. It's gone!

Guardian: As you attempt to touch the egg, a large, shield-like tail covers it. a blue and silver dragon behind it spreads its wings warningly. You leave it alone after.

Daydream: As you attempt to touch the egg, you fall into a trance-like state. When you snap back to reality, the egg is gone.

Stone: As you attempt to touch the egg, a pair of red eyes from the dragon statue behind it flash. You see its tail move a tiny bit. Right? You leave the egg alone.

Mint: As you attempt to touch the egg, a small mint green dragon nips at you. When you turn around, you see nothing. Back to the egg, you see the dragon scurry off with it.

Vine: As you attempt to touch the egg, a mass of vines shoots up from the ground. When a plant snaps at you, you flee.

Balloon: As you attempt to touch the egg, a dragon floats down. Before you can do anything, it takes the egg and floats up.

Sunrise: As you attempt to touch the egg, a large, pinkish dragon steps in between and trills warningly. You decide to leave it alone.

Sunset: As you attempt to touch the egg, a large purple and red dragon appears from behind it and growls angrily. You decide to leave it alone.

Ochredrake: As you attempt to touch the egg, a brown dragon nudges you from behind and you decide to play with it, because it looks bored.

Albino: As you attempt to touch the egg, a white dragon snarls at you from behind, clearly enraged. You decide to leave the egg alone.

Pygmy: As you attempt to touch the egg, a tiny golden dragon swipes it before you can do a thing.

Earth: As you attempt to touch the egg, the earth beneath you rumbles ominously. You decide to flee; it sounds like an earthquake!

Pink/Bright Pink: As you attempt to touch the egg, a kind aura sweeps over it protectively. Before you know it, a pink dragon it in front of it. You leave the egg alone.

Geode: As you attempt to touch the egg, you see a flash of blue and white crystals. It seems like a warning and you decide to leave it alone.

Striped: As you attempt to touch the egg, a striped dragon steps from behind it and slips its tail in between protectively. You leave it alone.

Waterhorse: As you attempt to touch the egg, you relise that there is a large blue and green dragon behind it. You leave the egg alone.

Neotropical: As you attempt to touch the egg, a fruit falls on your head. You decide to leave it alone.

Deep Sea: As you attempt to touch the egg, a long, navy blue tail brings it towards the water. You scurry after it, but all you see are fading circles of light.

Water Walker: As you attempt to touch the egg, a dragon gliding on the water flashes a glare at you and you flee.

Horse: As you attempt to touch the egg, a whinny sounds from behind you. The sound of angry galloping causes you to flee.

Electric: As you attempt to touch the egg, a jolt of electricity zaps you from behind. You run offf to find a bandage.

Canopy: As you attempt to touch the egg, a shriek from the trees above sounds. You decide to leave the egg alone.

Ice: As you attempt to touch the egg, a freezing cold chill sweeps over you. Then you decide to leave the egg alone.

Magma: As you attempt to touch the egg, a burning heat wave sweeps over you. Then you decide to leave the egg alone.

Thunder: As you attempt to touch the egg, thunder overhead claps. You leave when lightning starts to strike.

Sunsong Amphiptere: As you attempt to touch the egg, a flash of golden light hits your face. As you rub your eyes, a dragon takes the egg away.

Nocturne: (Daytime) As you attempt to touch the egg, the dragon statue nearby's eyes flash. You flee in case it attacks you or something.

Nocturne: (Night) As you attempt to touch the egg, a blue dragon swoops down from above and snatches it. You flee in case it comes back.

Duo: As you attempt to touch the egg, a dark blue dragon head snaps at you. You flee before the other head does the same.

Vampire: As you attempt to touch the egg, a chilling, dark, evil presence passes by. You flee before it attacks.

Cheese: As you attempt to touch the egg, a cheesy aroma fills your nostrils. You leave the egg alone to find the cheese.

Paper: As you attempt to touch the egg, sheets of paper fall from the sky. You flee the rain of paper before getting a paper cut.

Gold: As you attempt to touch the egg, a protective golden tail pushes you away from it. You run off before a protective golden fire burns you or something.

Silver: As you attempt to touch the egg, a blinding silvery glow hits your face. As you shield your eyes, the egg is being taken away.

Hellfire Wyvern: As you attempt to touch the egg, you sense an angry presence. You flee before further enraging it.

Terrae: As you attempt to touch the egg, a splotchy green dragon rises from behind it. You leave the egg alone.

Bright-Breasted Wyvern: As you attempt to touch the egg, the 'sleeping' green dragon behind it flashes its bright red chest. You flee.

Day Glory: As you attempt to touch the egg, a golden dragon with beautiful blue and purple wings nudges you from behind. You give it a treat and go off to play with it.

Night Glory: As you attempt to touch the egg, a brown dragon with copper and tuquoise wings growls from behind. You flee the area.

Nebula: As you attempt to touch the egg, a dragon that looks like space takes it and flies off before you touch it.

Shallow Water: As you attempt to touch the egg, an orange, finned dragon blows a bubble, capturing you. When it pops, the egg and dragon are gone.

Coastal Waverunner: As you attempt to touch the egg, a blue dragon swimming the water's surface growls at you warningly. You flee.

Spitfire: As you attempt to touch the egg, a hot blue flame creates a wall between you and a dragon takes the egg.

Christmas Dragons: As you attempt to touch the egg, a sudden burst of Christmas spirit fills you. You decide to go off and carol for figgy pudding.

Valentine's Day Dragons: As you attempt to touch the egg, you're filled with love and decide to go hug somebody.

Pumpkin: As you attempt to touch the egg, a pumpkin nearby wiggles. Scared, you flee before tapping the egg.

Seasonal: (Spring) As you attempt to touch the egg, a green and pink dragon invites you to plant flowers and trees with it. You leave the egg.

Seasonal: (Summer) As you attempt to touch the egg, a green and gold dragon invites you to go to the beach with it. You leave the egg.

Seasonal: (Fall) As you attempt to touch the egg, a brown, gold, red, green, and orange dragon invites you to jump in leaf piles with it. You leave the egg.

Seasonal: (Winter) As you attempt to touch the egg, a white and blue dragon invites you to make a snow fort with it. You leave the egg.

That's all for now, I have to go. Might post more. ^^

EDIT: Do you like the descriptions? 8D

Edited by Anquatic

I love this idea! Awesome!

If its not too much of a problem for the server and coding, I totally support it!

One question though...

Purple/Pink: You attempt to approach the egg, but it is protected by a feminine aura. You decide to not bother trying to see through it and leave it alone.

What if a person was male? Wouldn't this attract instead of repel? xd.png

This is a clever idea. I haven't lost an egg or hatchling to over-viewing since I've been on here, but I know plenty of people whose egg or hatchling have been close. This would be a beneficial preventative, since there are people out there who get way too into these pixel games and get angered if the CB or rare from the AP they wanted was stolen out from under them.