Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

Just an idea to throw into the mix...

The most obvious situation where this suggestion applies is this: You got a rare egg from the cave, someone else wanted it, clicked it, got the code and tries to kill your egg. So... What if CB eggs that are caught changed their code?

The idea behind this is pretty simple: If nobody has the code of your egg and you do the usual to protect your scroll (hide scroll name, etc.), they can't kill your egg because they cannot post it anywhere. All you as the player have to do is hide your scroll name.

That would be a great ide and fuzz -- that'd be flawed, because what if you wanted offers on that egg? They wouldn't be able to see it.

That would be a great ide and fuzz -- that'd be flawed, because what if you wanted offers on that egg? They wouldn't be able to see it.

Well, as one who sees the whole idea as flawed - fair enough !

I think this is a great idea, but Why don't you use the Guardian dragons? I don't see Mint dragon doing something like that ...

The Guardian Dragons even have that in their Description!

Guardian dragons use their tail-shields, as well as their wings, to deflect attacks and protect others. Often, they will guard the eggs and hatchlings of a nest while others are away.

These guys seem to be made for it wink.gif

I approve of this idea, although I agree with other comments suggesting that this would be ideal as a SBA only for adult Guardians.

So you are stalking the cave for cool codes. You find one and it's the coolest cool code ever. You click it and it's yours but the code changed?

No. Just no.

I definitely don't like the idea of codes changing just to "protect" the eggs. A lot of people deliberately grabs eggs *because* of their code, and to have that code suddenly change on them... No. Please no.

Well, I already added a change to the suggestion: The code shouldn't change automatically - for the reasons already stated - but there should be an egg action "Change Code" that can be used exactly once. If you don't use it, fine, your code stays. If you do, you get a new random code.

Sounds like a great idea! I really can't understand how someone could be so malicious and try to kill an egg just because they didn't catch it. People can be awful sometimes...smh. sad.gif

Oh and I really like Nixly's idea above.... Guardian dragons are made for the job!

I support this idea 110%. Guardians would be best fit for the job, but what if there is someone that doesn't like guardians, so they don't collect any figuring they'd be fine without them? Besides, I think that any dragon would be able bodied to defend themselves/eggs/hatchlings one way or another. Pygmys for example, could team up or just attack. They aren't all helpless besides the Guardian. If you are open for other description ideas for being safeguarded, I've got tons swimming my mind right now. happy.gif

not a bad idea, however, i think only one or two (three at most) species should be able to "Guard."

I'd recommend the Guardian Dragon for starters, and maybe the Guardian of Nature (if he gets it, then add another dragon).

"You attempt to view/touch this egg, but shield-like tail quickly covers it."

"You attempt to view/touch this egg, but a dragon of legend [Guardian of Nature] appears, and you back off."

I support this idea 110%. Guardians would be best fit for the job, but what if there is someone that doesn't like guardians, so they don't collect any figuring they'd be fine without them? Besides, I think that any dragon would be able bodied to defend themselves/eggs/hatchlings one way or another. Pygmys for example, could team up or just attack. They aren't all helpless besides the Guardian. If you are open for other description ideas for being safeguarded, I've got tons swimming my mind right now. happy.gif

Sometimes BSAs force people to collect dragons they don't like or go without the BSA. Pink is my least favorite color, but I still have a [small] army of them for influence because I value the BSA more than I dislike the color.

My biggest problem is I personally like guardian for the Idenfity BSA proposed in the BSA section. It's a BSA that has been forced onto many breeds that don't fit it at all, as far as I can tell guardian is the only one that it makes a shred of sense with. Technically any dragon with a stronger than average protective instinct could do a protection BSA. Heck, if TJ decides to release a guardian hybrid most of them would probably be protective enough for it to fit.

Nightslasher, I can't imagine GoN EVER getting a BSA. There are people who have been trying ever since it came out and still don't have a single one. It is also limited to two per scroll, with anyone who freezes having only ONE adult evar.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Sometimes BSAs force people to collect dragons they don't like or go without the BSA. Pink is my least favorite color, but I still have a [small] army of them for influence because I value the BSA more than I dislike the color.

My biggest problem is I personally like guardian for the Idenfity BSA proposed in the BSA section. It's a BSA that has been forced onto many breeds that don't fit it at all, as far as I can tell guardian is the only one that it makes a shred of sense with. Technically any dragon with a stronger than average protective instinct could do a protection BSA. Heck, if TJ decides to release a guardian hybrid most of them would probably be protective enough for it to fit.

Nightslasher, I can't imagine GoN EVER getting a BSA. There are people who have been trying ever since it came out and still don't have a single one. It is also limited to two per scroll, with anyone who freezes having only ONE adult evar.

ok sorry misread didn't know it would freeze a dragon if u used it. u r right, a GoN is ridiculous, but a Guardian dragon might still work.

They don't automatically freeze, but anyone who freezes dragons is going to freeze a GoN baby and so most people only have one adult.

And like I said, any dragon with a decently high parenting instinct could do this as a BSA.

Well, there are still other candidates like the BBW (I think) and, uh, frills? (Don't shoot me, Lythiaren used to repeat ad nauseam that frills are very good parents.) There're also black marrows ("devoted mates and parents"), probably embers ("will defend their pack with any means possible" - pack would include hatchies, no?) and probably a couple of others I can't think of right now. (Plus any kind of guardian hybrid in the making.)

I read the first page - yes this would be a good idea, but wouldn't 'he hem' Guardians be the best for this, being that they GUARD. The message could just reflect that 'a Guardian placed it's shield over the egg so you can no longer see it.'

I like the idea of having a random message come up from every sort of adult, but can see that being an issue as people just keep clicking to see what message they will get - does this add view or do you just get the message page? if it is like fog an nothing is added, then i say go for the randomness.

Is this idea still up for discussion?

I haven't been on Dragcave for a while and wasn't sure if this was implemented, rejected or still a possibility. If the latter then I wanted to encourage the discussion to come back.