Jump to content
Verilidaine

Sort treats and eggs by most recent year

Recommended Posts

On the bright side, I do like that it jumps to the bottom when collecting now. So that's a step in the right direction. 

Share this post


Link to post

Now that it jumps to the bottom when we're collecting the new eggs/treats, I don't really see a need for this. Personally, I like the old ones being at the top and the new ones being at the bottom. I think it gives more of a sense of adding to previous years/existing treats and just feels like it makes more sense. But I think it's probably largely just about personal preference, rather than functionality, now that it jumps straight to the bottom. If it did switch, I wouldn't be terribly fussed, but I don't really see a need for it and like it the way it is.

Edited by StormWizard212

Share this post


Link to post

I like the eggs and treats sorting by chronological order of the years you grabbed them personally, especially since the page loads to the bottom after grabbing a new egg/treat.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dorchet said:

I like the eggs and treats sorting by chronological order of the years you grabbed them personally, especially since the page loads to the bottom after grabbing a new egg/treat.

Most of the time, for some weird reason, mine was not showing the bottom -- but somewhere in the middle instead. The page was a little laggy and at first I thought I had been impatient and tried to scroll while it was still loading, but even when I was very careful to wait it was still the same.

Share this post


Link to post

My poor old computer struggles more and more every year with all the little moving pictures XD

 

(Annual Halloween bump :) )

Share this post


Link to post

I was wishing this all during the hunt, because every time I clicked on a ToT item I'd get whisked partway down the page and end up staring at some random section of previous year's collection!  It was super annoying, because it meant I couldn't actually see the item I'd just picked up/tell how many I had from this year, plus I had to scroll to the top to find the Back button and get back to what I was doing.

 

Putting new ones at the top would be so much better in terms of admiring them while catching them, and also getting off the ToT page in a timely fashion!

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2018 at 5:40 AM, StormWizard212 said:

Now that it jumps to the bottom when we're collecting the new eggs/treats, I don't really see a need for this. Personally, I like the old ones being at the top and the new ones being at the bottom. I think it gives more of a sense of adding to previous years/existing treats and just feels like it makes more sense. But I think it's probably largely just about personal preference, rather than functionality, now that it jumps straight to the bottom. If it did switch, I wouldn't be terribly fussed, but I don't really see a need for it and like it the way it is.

 

As I mentioned above, and now see I'm not the only one, for lots of us it isn't jumping to the bottom.  We're getting dumped in some random spot in between, where we can't see the new items without scrolling.  The 'jumping to the bottom' is part of the problem, not the solution.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, sorenna said:

I was wishing this all during the hunt, because every time I clicked on a ToT item I'd get whisked partway down the page and end up staring at some random section of previous year's collection!  It was super annoying, because it meant I couldn't actually see the item I'd just picked up/tell how many I had from this year, plus I had to scroll to the top to find the Back button and get back to what I was doing.

 

Putting new ones at the top would be so much better in terms of admiring them while catching them, and also getting off the ToT page in a timely fashion!

So if you visit https://dragcave.net/trickortreat#18, it doesn't take you to the 2018 section? It does for me; this is the first that I'm hearing that it could be broken.

 

It's not even anything special. This is a browser built-in feature that's used by a lot of things (e.g. the forums use the same capability every time you click on a blue dot to see new posts in a thread).

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, here's what I get when I click that:

 

<img src="https://imgur.com/a/4mkFDbL" />

 

(Sorry, can't get the image link to work!)

Edited by sorenna

Share this post


Link to post

Well, in mine it goes to the bottom and did during the collecting. So TJ, if YOU didn't change it this year (because I have been wildly frustrated in the past !) thanks to whoever did.

Share this post


Link to post

It's most likely because the browser is interpreting the anchor #18 before all the images are fully loaded. So the position was correct at the time when, say, half the images were already displayed, but it no longer is when the page has been actually finished. This should only happen when not all of the treats are already in your cache, I think.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like to see the sorting go newest to oldest, too!!  Or at least give us an option toggle so the order can be changed please!!!

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.