Verilidaine

Sort treats and eggs by most recent year

What about if the newer eggs were at the top while you were collecting them and then after the event was ended, back in chronological order as they are now? I'd be cool with that :)

This seems like a nice compromise. I don't mind the current setup, but wouldn't care if it was changed, either. :)

Scrolling to the bottom of the page to see my new eggs every time I get a new egg ANNOYS ME!!! Bigtime!!! To me, it has NEVER made sense to send the new eggs to the bottom of the page. Especially DURING the current event; after the event is over it's no big deal, but during is stupid.

My compromise would be this... During the event, ONLY the new eggs appear on the collection page. After the event is over, the page goes back to normal with the oldest eggs on top.

Plus, we need a banner for the oldest event, and I agree that the year of the event should be added to all the old banners.

That works for me. And banners from our first participation onwards, please (my granddaughter who just started is very sad that I have a banner for 2015 and she doesn't.)

Supporting the new to old sort, it would be a lot easier for me and others with tons of stuff biggrin.gif

If I get a vote, I'd like newest to oldest.

I also would like a banner with year number for each year I have collected. I nearly missed this year's. I checked on Easter, but I was to early and thought we weren't having one this year. I should never think. It doesn't work well.

I do like to look at my old collections which I do throughout the year. They are some wonderful eggs, treats and tricks from various events.

It does take awhile to load all of the old items before this year's items.

Whatever you decide thanks for collections.

Another Festival of Eggs, another bump! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, the loading lag time on the ever-growing page of eggs is just not necessary.

Can't we have tabs for each year? Less loading time, less lag = win:win

That works for me. And banners from our first participation onwards, please (my granddaughter who just started is very sad that I have a banner for 2015 and she doesn't.)

I've never understood the banner thing. If you participated in a given year, you should have the banner that was released THAT year. What difference does it make if you were here the year before? And I have all of them so I'm not asking because I want them, but because it makes more sense.

Can't we have tabs for each year? Less loading time, less lag = win:win

Ooh. I like this idea.

But yeah, I think something should be done, seeing as the images from past years don't cache very long (by design, so they can't be embedded somewhere as images).

I realise it's not my fault but I feel guilty when my rate of collecting eggs for the page isn't every 10 minutes, thus making the images load from scratch more often than they have to, because each of those occurrences means the server is going to have to send me all those images again, just because I'm kind of slow about this. Would rather not have that feeling.

I would love to have "pages" for the eggs in addition to the all eggs page. My computer is struggling to load all of them, especially with the animations.

For example:

Today you grab a Festival egg. It takes you to a page for only your 2014 eggs. At the top or bottom of the page, there are a bunch of links. The first one says See all, and this one is in oldest->newest order just like now. The others are for each year's eggs only. The banner appears with the year it was released.

I think this is a good idea. ^

Indifferent to them being swapped around, but pages I very support!

I wish they were newest on top.

I wish that each year's banner had the year in it.

Me too, on both counts.

Also I wish everyone got the banner, not just those who have participated in years before. It would be nicer and it just makes more sense! I know the banners function as dividers, and the way it works wasn't intended to be rude to new players, it's just the way it came about. But it seems like it would be such a simple and worthwhile change.

Yes to the ordering the newest at the top - at least for the current year - then they can go to the bottom if they like - under the banner and all the others.

No-one gets a banner for their first year - everyone gets one after that - so it's FAIR, as such - but I don't see why everyone who joins in doesn't get it, I must say.

They always HAVE had, since 2014....

and... I STILL think that the NEW collection should be on TOP and that EVERY year (including your first) should have a DATED banner.

Why do small.. but well liked.. requests like this keep getting ignored?

43 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

and... I STILL think that the NEW collection should be on TOP and that EVERY year (including your first) should have a DATED banner.

I agree with this. The banners are lovely, if you were around that year you should have the corresponding banner.

My first year of Trick or Treating I wasn't on the forums and didn't know what was going on. I only have two Treats from that year and they look silly all alone at the top of my page. :blush: I'd rather that embarrassment be buried down at the bottom and my newest collections be shown off at the top of the page. 

As a rock person, reverse stratigraphical order bugs me. 300% support ordering newest on top!!

I really really would like the treats to be sorted reverse to what they are now. It's very frustrating to have to scroll down so far to see my newest treats, and I can't imagine how much more frustrating that scrolling must be for mobile users, with the tiny screens and all.

I agree - and it gets worse every year with more lovely things on the page.

Having read this & collected treats & eggs, I'd LOVE it if the newest year was on top. That would also necessitate making a banner for the first year one collected treats & eggs, which I think would be nice. I'm on a PC & I find it annoying to have to scroll down to the bottom each time to see where the treats & eggs sort out, since I've been playing the collecting mini games since they started. Please change this to make it easier to use, thanks! :D

Please please please can we have this ? Even if only while they are dropping each year...