TJ09

2014-04-20 - Festival of Eggs

Happy Easter, everyone!

Egg with two stripes is based on the two-band anemonefish, in case anyone wanted to know. The other egg is just shiny.

I made the egg the way I made it

BECAUSE I LIKE PINECONES

Ok, but seriously. I do. I used to collect them as a kid like crazy. And well, a degree in landscape architecture explains everything x3 If I'll be invited next year, or on Halloween, don't expect anything else but plant-themed sprites. d:

Ohno, I totally missed this! Gotta grab as much as possible this last day!

This isn't the last day. It's only day two of three! biggrin.gif

PointOfOrigin, I think the wiki has some of the references but not linked yet to specific eggs. I'm trying to do a spreadsheet but don't have all the eggs myself yet!

I'm having and absolute BLAST with this year's batch of eggs..'SPECIALLY the Star Wars and LOTR themed thus far.And...thanks to using the clock on Neopets as a timer I think I might actually manage to snag em all this year *happy Kermy Flail*

Yay, credits! I like seeing who made what. \o/ My favorites are the pine cone and Thranduil eggs.

Egg credits list is posted. smile.gif

And I'll explain mine now. The red hatchling is a bit of a nod to all those "Nope nope nope." memes you see around. Only dragon-iish. No other special references.

The other is very loosely based on the first stanza of a poem by William Blake:

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand

And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,

Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand

And Eternity in an hour."

I put the world in a soup bubble egg.

I just got the red egg one, too adorable!!

The karate egg has all the belts (except for Little Dragons) at the dojo where I am training to be an instructor. We also do jiujitsu but I didn't really have time or the know-how to show that in egg form!

If you look closely (harder to see on some colors than others) you can see three black stripes appear before the belt "promotes" to the next color.  We use black stripes to remind us of what our ultimate goal is.

As for the Hungry Caterpillar, it was my favorite book as a child and my sons both adore it too.

I need to get busy catching eggs since I was busy all day yesterday!

I don't have the hungry caterpillar so can't wait for it!

I have the book and passed it to my kids who hopefully one day will pass to theirs.

I believe books are worth passing down and this book is one biggrin.gif

I'm glad you like it! happy.gif

Have to thank you as well!, took me a minute to figure it out, but thought it was a pretty awesome anime to ref. I really hope to see more from it soon! Curse you netflix/US for being so slow between seasons of anything@.x

Whoot, halfway there! biggrin.gif

~Feathers

Thanks for this! Unfortunately I totally forgot about this event this year, with school finals this week and all. I've estimated I have 9 hours today to collect eggs... I definitely won't get them all. But however many I do get, all the eggs look beautiful!

Sheesh, you guys are so talented. Thank you for the gorgeous eggs, I didn't catch them all yet but so far my favourites are the Star Wars, Smaug, Avengets and Loki. But all of them are fan-tas-tic!

And of course thank you TJ for being the maestro behind all this biggrin.gif

Thanks for this! Unfortunately I totally forgot about this event this year, with school finals this week and all. I've estimated I have 9 hours today to collect eggs... I definitely won't get them all. But however many I do get, all the eggs look beautiful!

There's tomorrow as well! smile.gif Good luck.

Avengers was my first; Fush's tie-dye flashback was my last.

Thank you, all of you who sprited these beautiful eggs!

Got them all... Thank you Spriters and TJ for the fun.

What helped me get mine as quickly as I did was that I have a wireless mouse. While sitting in the armchair, casually watching the TV, I kept my laptop on the DC site and just refreshed it periodically. Found an egg, clicked it and went back to the show, lol. Does this make me a multi-tasker???

It helps that I live alone and am retired, lol I remember in the not so distant past of staying up until the wee small hours of the morning collecting Easter eggs then going to work with only a few hours of sleep.

To everyone else, enjoy... biggrin.gif

Have to thank you as well!, took me a minute to figure it out, but thought it was a pretty awesome anime to ref. I really hope to see more from it soon! Curse you netflix/US for being so slow between seasons of anything@.x

The second season won't be out for a while unfortunately, they're still waiting for the manga to progress enough =/