TJ09

2014-04-20 - Festival of Eggs

Just got that US Air Force Egg!!! That is pretty awesome, have some family in the AF so very big thank you!

is there a guide/wiki for the Easter eggs? I had no idea that they meant anything until I read the posts here

Credits should be released near the end. Usually they have a list of them ready along with a definition of what the cultural references are. The Edgar Allen Poe went right over my head.

I wish TJ would extend it another day. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it was a little bit of a late start? And, many were busy with their families and such for Easter Day, making it hard to get online.

At least, I got to participate this year though. wub.gif

Edit: Five eggs left! Unless my math is off. It's late. xd.png

Edit 2: I wish those who started this year could still see the banner lining the top. That'd be cool. Oh well, I suppose we will have to wait for next year. :3

I wish we'd get more time too. 3 days for 55 eggs isn't much.

Is it still possible to get them all? I only have 10 so far :c

You have less than 2 days to get all 55. Believe that's more than enough time to collect all 55 eggs. With driving 4 hours, doing the Easter egg hunt, eating good food, and having 8 hours of sleep, I got all mine. Including starting about 30 minutes late into the event and I just finished about an hour ago.

Edited by Spyridon

I have all 55 eggs now!

I like the Avengers egg and the Loki egg the best. They're very amazingly designed!

I wish we'd get more time too. 3 days for 55 eggs isn't much.

Seems OK to me. I could only do them yesterday (I only have a half hour today) and even with 7 guests in the house needing feeding twice + coffee, and entertaining, I had them all by 7 pm BST (and I didn't start till 9 am my time as I do NOT get up at 5 am for these things !)

Just pass the pooter/look at your device around 5 times an hour, with a page with only a single thing on it (saves looking for the egg !); refresh, grab, hit the back button...

Is there a list somewhere with all eggs and their description? Like, what kind of egg it is?

Oh my gosh there's a Marvel Loki egg!!! xd.png And I'm getting this after a few hours ago realizing one of last years eggs in my collection was the ring and Saron from The Hobbit/Lord of the rings. xd.png

I have 30/55 for now, I'll see how many I can get later today before I have to go to work, goodnight everyone and happy egg hunting.

28 of 55 yay! I love the Loki and Smaug eye eggs, and the rest of the eggs are really great as well. Looking forward to having all 55. Big thanks to TJ and all of the wonderful artists involved for making this event possible.

living in Switzerland and being over 40 years, I really don't get the references of These eggs... Loki? - no idea

But they do look nice.

I'm literally so pumped about this event I just got the Loki egg while watching Thor: The Dark World and rambled about it to a friend for a while (at 1:30 AM in the morning oops).

I'm so excited ^^ //squeals and goes to adore Lokiegg//

I especially love how it changes colour from Aesir to Jotun. smile.gif

. . . I've found an egg that looks disturbingly like a Hannibal Lecter smiley.

I wish there was more time. Work is severally getting in the way and I swear these are taking longer to appear than the years previous.

I've only got 4 to go... YAY!

Edited by Husky51

Is there any thread/post that have sorted out what each egg represents for?

I cannot figure out some eggs' meaning...>.<

Edit: Oh, I just see the answer above my post! Thanks for wiki link!

Edited by SunSunSun

I wish there was more time. Work is severally getting in the way and I swear these are taking longer to appear than the years previous.

They are appearing with the same frequency as years past. Set a timer for every 10-12 minutes, pick one page (say a dragon page) and refresh it when the timer goes off. Collect the egg, hit the back button, set the timer again and find something to do until the timer goes off.

Three days is more than enough time to collect 55 eggs. I started when the eggs started dropping. Grabbed one or two, went to sleep for 7 hours, got up and collected them sporadically/steadily throughout the day, had a 5-6 hour drive, got back to collecting steadily/sporadically and had my last egg within 25 hours of the start.