TJ09

2014-04-20 - Festival of Eggs

Spyridon  Posted on Apr 20 2014, 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Erithan @ Apr 20 2014, 03:44 PM)

Green one one with the two wing looking things on it(white and bluish), pretty sure it's the symbol for the scout brigade in on "Attack on Titan".

Yup that's another cultural reference that goes over my head.

LOL After the Loki mistake I am giving up understanding the references and just liking the eggs Yep color me OLD

Oh wow! How kool is it to have your B-day on Easter. Happy birthday! biggrin.gif

I really wouldn't call it 'cool'....

I'm college age, so all it amounts for me as a non-religious person is to go out drinking on Easter, which earns you some looks....soooo looks like I'll be partying next week instead.

Oh, also, the number of texts I got today saying "Happy Easter" instead of "Happy Birthday" kind of kills it.

Of the references, so far I think I've deciphered these:

Bahamut/Final Fantasy, Minecraft Creeper, Waterbending?, Game of Thrones, Avengers, Air Force, Loki, Thranduil, Smaug, Star Wars, How to Train your Dragon?, Attack on Titan, something that's either DNA or the Pokemon X/Y thingy or something else altogether, the Hungry Caterpillar.

If there's any other references I'm afraid I don't know them. I have a feeling the 'sealed door' (bronze, stripe down the middle, two red thingies on either side) is a reference to something, but not sure what. The crow/raven thingy might also be something.

And the pocketwatch reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, but that might not be intended xd.png

LOL After the Loki mistake I am giving up understanding the references and just liking the eggs Yep color me OLD

I totally get you. Some of the more foreign ones are outside my scope, especially since I'm so picky about getting into stuff. I only know some Doctor Who bits because of my friends who are the people to get into Wonder Con and Comic Con.

I'm really loving the chocolate egg.

However, I'm starting to wish it was real and a foot high.

Of the references, so far I think I've deciphered these:

Bahamut/Final Fantasy, Minecraft Creeper, Waterbending?, Game of Thrones, Avengers, Air Force, Loki, Thranduil, Smaug, Star Wars, How to Train your Dragon?, Attack on Titan, something that's either DNA or the Pokemon X/Y thingy or something else altogether, the Hungry Caterpillar.

If there's any other references I'm afraid I don't know them. I have a feeling the 'sealed door' (bronze, stripe down the middle, two red thingies on either side) is a reference to something, but not sure what. The crow/raven thingy might also be something.

And the pocketwatch reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, but that might not be intended xd.png

I'm thinking the raven could be a Edgar Allen Poe thing? Beating heart/telltale+the raven?

edit: 1K posts ninja.gif

Edited by Erithan

I could have sworn it said 56 before.

It did, one glitched and was removed I believe.

I'm thinking the raven could be a Edgar Allen Poe thing? Beating heart/telltale+the raven?

Ooh didn't think of a combo of the two. It did indeed remind me of the Raven, but the red part didn't really make sense to me, haha.

Edited by Rhynn Collins

It is Smaug`s eye.

Awesome. I was hoping it was. ^^

It's a pretty new anime, netflix marks the first season as 2014 or 2013 I think. nothing else yet.

annd wow my typos@.x sorry

I'm still in love with the zelda egg from last year xd.png

edit: If I hadn't watched it in the last few months I would have never figured it out I was thinking "i've seen that somewhere!...old egg? no...hmmmmmmmmm"

I don't know why, but I was kinda hoping for a Code Geass egg or perhaps something to do with kingdom Hearts.

Haha, I know. Dare to dream right? laugh.gif

Awesome. I was hoping it was. ^^

Which one is Smaug's Eye? Is there a Godzilla one? Come on, this year should have a decent movie with Gojira!

Which one is Smaug's Eye?

It's fairly obvious if you wait a few seconds, but the dark egg with a light blue smudge is a closed eye if you look closely.

Edited by GuesssWho

It's fairly obvious if you wait a few seconds, but the dark egg with a light blue smudge is a closed eye if you look closely.

Oh I see it now. I guess I was a little impatient. xd.png

Up to 30 eggs. Almost there! I just need another 26 to go!

Edited by Spyridon

I don't know why, but I was kinda hoping for a Code Geass egg or perhaps something to do with kingdom Hearts.

Haha, I know. Dare to dream right? laugh.gif

I could be wrong for all I knowXD

and yeah hehe, though I keep seeing your avatar and thinking "why don't we have an "easter bunny" egg" tongue.gif

Blah I'm at 44 I have like 11 left! Yess!! I love the eggs this year! wub.gif

Thanks TJ and everyone associated with the event!

Blah I'm at 44 I have like 11 left! Yess!! I love the eggs this year! wub.gif

Thanks TJ and everyone associated with the event!

I'm so envious. I had to drive 2 hours so there was a few eggs right there and before that I had to get ready for the trip. Made me fall behind. Hopefully I can catch up and be done before today but I have to drive back. No!

I do know its for three days but I want to be done in the first day.

Edited by Spyridon

I could be wrong for all I knowXD

and yeah hehe, though I keep seeing your avatar and thinking "why don't we have an "easter bunny" egg" tongue.gif

*shrugs* Not sure to be honest. I haven't had the chance to see a lot of anime other than the box sets I already have.

Hehe, good question. I always like to pick good avatars for the holidays. RotG is definitely one of my favorite holiday movies.

Woohoo! I got my Thranduil egg and disco ball! That's all I need and I'm happy now... but I'm still going for all 55 since I can't help myself. I'm at 39 so far. *Does a happy dance.*

The egg with the purple fog reminds me of the Pokemon "Gastly": user posted image

Edited by Nyastara