TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

i've been drawing Mage so often and you still don't recognize her on sight omg just look for 1: the hair flippy bangs and 2. the square half-glasses

then again i've been changing her design all the time (2013, for instance):

user posted image

Actually hold on let me change the color palette:

user posted image

(oooh i like it more than the purple mess)

hold on you might recognize her more after this:

user posted image

'go do ur homework esko'

I'm sorry my dear Mage I thought her hair was silver :1

xd.png I NEEDED THAT xd.png

Finally, some yelling art xd.png

*has writers block for an essay draft*

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

fun fact: her hair did used to be silver because she was at first based on this character:

user posted image

<3 Raine Sage

You can kind of see the sweep of the bangs that I kept in the 2013 image, but right now all that remains are the flippy hair ends. I'll explain more later.

fun fact: her hair did used to be silver because she was at first based on this character:

user posted image

<3 Raine Sage

You can kind of see the sweep of the bangs that I kept in the 2013 image, but right now all that remains are the flippy hair ends. I'll explain more later.

That explains the drawing you showed me of your ocs from soooo long ago, when her hair was silver...

*gives Mage a cane*

Also, fun fact: Writers block is gone, but now I is lazy

hhhhhhhh i've been looking around OW and my humans aren't as good as ace's and my dragons aren't as good as spatio's and my realism's not as good as fata's and my anatomy's not as good as ayes' and don't get me started on zxke's creatures

at least i have my wallpapers yes at least i have a niche. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses!

P.S. this is the image Esko's talking about, circa 2007 (I was 10)

user posted image

started from the bottom now we're here (it actually tears me up to see how far i've come get me a tissue)

actually hold on I need to redraw this today I'll keep you updated

Fun fact: This is my 400th post. I was going to post this when I hit 300 since I mistakenly thought that was the amount of posts for Level 5. tongue.gif

user posted image

Anyway, wallpapers. Pokemon are usually pretty easy to do, compared to the other requests I have currently. Here they are individually, Narvix.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And as the Triple Terror. I'm not too happy with the colors, to be honest, but it's done.

user posted image

Weee! :3 I love them, Mage ^^ Especially the last one <3

Lovely work on your 400th post too biggrin.gif

W OW HAVE I NEVER POSTED HERE bc i stalk on a daily basis i'm so sorry lemme fix tht rn touches your art so much om g i love these <333

if your wallpaper requests are still open could you do kaneki ken for me,,,, like the ghoul trash i am,,,,

idk this is probably the weirdest compliment ever to receive but can i just say i love how clean your art looks ???? like w the wallpapers and even your sketches all the lines just look so natural and nice whaa

hhhhhhhh i've been looking around OW and my humans aren't as good as ace's and my dragons aren't as good as spatio's and my realism's not as good as fata's and my anatomy's not as good as ayes' and don't get me started on zxke's creatures

ME EVERYDAY

omg loud crying loud crying omg no your realism is like a++++ i would like to see all of it pls

but y ES everyone does have their pros & cons holla

its so cool to see old art tho bc seeing the improvement is like nice

W OW HAVE I NEVER POSTED HERE bc i stalk on a daily basis i'm so sorry lemme fix tht rn touches your art so much om g i love these <333

if your wallpaper requests are still open could you do kaneki ken for me,,,, like the ghoul trash i am,,,,

idk this is probably the weirdest compliment ever to receive but can i just say i love how clean your art looks ???? like w the wallpapers and even your sketches all the lines just look so natural and nice whaa

omf f a t a plz I stalk your thread every day and i barely do any realism

Fun fact: I had a little anxiety replying to this. It's the thing where you're so flattered that you can't read the whole thing without taking a minute and burying your head in your pillow.

And my art isn't that clean. :0 I just use a nice (and rly rly expensive) fountain pen which makes the nicest line weights <3 My dad complained once that my sketches were too… sketchy so I've been working for a long time to try to make my art cleaner by inking it. (the slight blur from my phone camera also helps blend things but I try to scan things whenever I can)

as for wallpapers, thank you, both you and Salya! :< I do them all in Adobe illustrator which gives them a nice vector smoothness, but I do admit there's a lot of design decisions going on when I minimalize an image. Tbh I think I've gotten better at that, if you compare Nidoqueen to Grovyle on the first page. (also for that request: white hair him right I'm planning to watch Tokyo Ghoul this summer because everythings so busy this month orz)

~~~

Ace has inspired me to take out my knockoff Copics and ink and color some stuff, although unlike them I didn't bother with shading hhhhhh. This is why I try to lean how to ink so I don't need to bother with shading haaaahhhh

I'm really, really proud of the left girl's nose. I don't know why, but it just sticks out to me as the most beautiful thing I've drawn in a while.

user posted image

And here's some fanart I did the same night aka my childhood crush pardon the inking screwups

user posted image

the colors from alcohol markers are SO NICE and SO SMOOTH THEY LOOK LIKE COMIC BOOK COLORINGS

Actual proof that my lines aren't as clean as I make you believe:

user posted image

You can see the exact moment where it all began to spiral downhill :0 I usually draw the head too big in full-body pics -- I'll remember to try starting at the torso next time.

Oh plz Mage your arting is awesome either way *0*

omf f a t a plz I stalk your thread every day and i barely do any realism

Fun fact: I had a little anxiety replying to this. It's the thing where you're so flattered that you can't read the whole thing without taking a minute and burying your head in your pillow.

And my art isn't that clean. :0 I just use a nice (and rly rly expensive) fountain pen which makes the nicest line weights <3 My dad complained once that my sketches were too… sketchy so I've been working for a long time to try to make my art cleaner by inking it. (the slight blur from my phone camera also helps blend things but I try to scan things whenever I can)

as for wallpapers, thank you, both you and Salya! :< I do them all in Adobe illustrator which gives them a nice vector smoothness, but I do admit there's a lot of design decisions going on when I minimalize an image. Tbh I think I've gotten better at that, if you compare Nidoqueen to Grovyle on the first page. (also for that request: white hair him right I'm planning to watch Tokyo Ghoul this summer because everythings so busy this month orz)

im cryin g omg lets just be each other's artstalkers sounds good

i wanna see tho omg <33 tho your current art is just as amaze omg strokes your art like how are you good at doing all the thing bless

om g I CRY so much ahhhhh i understand i do that too whenever someone compliments me im like om g no this beautiful person strokes

ohh foundation pens are so nice!! <33 my mom has one that she uses to write w/ and i've played around with it and it's super pretty looking <33 bless

I FEEL phone cameras are suffering

still ahhh your art looks amaze <33 keep at it!!

ohh hhh they look just amazing though <33 i love your wallpapers whaa i think i started stalking your art thread when i saw those wallpapers bc they were just amazing omg ; v ;

you have oh my goodness <33 now your wallpapers are so high quality and you're so fast at the thing too and it's just simply 100% amaze hhh

tbh comparing old art w/ new art is always like whoa

YES white haired kaneki is my soul and everything hurts

ok but i'm biased but imo the anime is really good but the manga gets the point across clearer while the anime left a lot of loose ends + manga leads into :re so,,, if you have time,,, the manga is great,,,,

the anime opening is gorgeous though unravel is perfect <33

WEEP i feel school + life is struggle ;;;; keep doing ur thing tho bc its so pretty omg <33

pppssstt those marker drawings are so great i love the blend of colours!!! and dANG that is a nice nose goodness

a+ agree w/ esko

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

OH MY GAAAWD YOUR ART IS AWSUMZZ *falls apart*

Since I'm back to the forums after a long time of absence I created a new account and started anew. I'm in a desperate need of a new avatar, though. Do you think you could possibly make one in the style of those awsumsauce wallpapers? I think it would look really amazing, but if you're not willing to make it that's okay. *shuffles away*

It would also be cool to have a banner like that *shot*

@Lady_L: omggggg thank you it means a lot i don't even know what to reply orz and I saw your Emotional Support thing and haha it's so funny how things happened and now we're here

@Sparta: Sure thing! What thing/character do you want to request for the avatar and/or banner? (I'll try to get it done faster because you're in need of one but i'll be working through my queue today and tomorrow)

Hella. More wallpaper updates.

Maybe I should've chosen a screenshot that shows off his scar or his fire, but I quite like the dragon dance poses.

user posted image

Thought the dragon was too busy, so I made it a silhouette. One of my better wallpapers, despite the simplicity.

user posted image

@Lady_L: omggggg thank you it means a lot i don't even know what to reply orz and I saw your Emotional Support thing and haha it's so funny how things happened and now we're here

im crying om g sam e

started from the bottom now we here

ohh myg od i love these two new ones!! zuko is bae and that scene with the dragons was just amazing <33 both images look super good hhh ; v ;

fata plz ;-; you're too nice

Also Spatio I'm so sorry I missed your request! >_< I feel like I could tweak it a bit more, but it looks nice enough as-is. I wanted to finish it tonight and I did. :0 Enjoy!

user posted image

@Sparta: Sure thing! What thing/character do you want to request for the avatar and/or banner? (I'll try to get it done faster because you're in need of one but i'll be working through my queue today and tomorrow)

omgg thank you THANK YOU sosososo much! I really appreciate your kindness <33

You don't need to hurry with it, finish your other projects first, I can wait smile.gif (I'm not in THAT much of a hurry anyway lol, my skills with Paint are just good enough to know how to crop and resize a picture, so I do have at least some avatar xd.png)

aaaaaand I only now realized that I have to go RIGHT NOW or I'm going to miss my bus and be late for music school, but I'll write my request as soon as I get back :3

Thank you again!

EDIT: so I'm back. I kinda can't decide between male Bluna, female Gemshard, or male Falconiform, so feel free to do any of those biggrin.gif I'm only asking for one dragon, whichever you feel the most comfortable with, you can even make it in the form of those wallpapers if it's easier for you (I wouldn't mind having a backround as well, lol) but I just want it to look good when cropped and shrinked to avatar size biggrin.gif. Please and thank you! wub.gif

Edited by Sparta

user posted image

user posted image

the colors from alcohol markers are SO NICE and SO SMOOTH THEY LOOK LIKE COMIC BOOK COLORINGS

Aren't they tho?!

Gosh these look so nice and cleannnn <333

I love that almost watercolor look the girl has to her hair too~

ALCOHOL MARKERS ARE MAGIC //SOBBING

There are people I would sacrifice for a drawing of one of my characters by you, Mage laugh.gif I can trade eggs for it, or we could consider an art trade. If you're not interested, that's fine! The alcohol markers look amazing, btw! I only do digital, otherwise I'd grab some...

Dang, I gotta beg my parents to take me to buy some of those... Colored pencils only go so far

Dang, I gotta beg my parents to take me to buy some of those... Colored pencils only go so far

I used to use the expensive prismacolor pencils, they worked just fine for me.

I used to use the expensive prismacolor pencils, they worked just fine for me.

Mine were present... The Crayola 64 box

It works but it doesn't look so good on my excess amounts of whiteout

Mage.....give me your art skillz \('u')/