TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

On 8/9/2017 at 0:30 AM, TehUltimateMage said:

Getting a late start to Smaugust: 31 days of dragon drawing. This was day 8.

DGFNgP2XUAEyrLz.jpg

guhh, challenges, my weakness (but my general lack of time and skill is such a bane as well uwu). how's it going so far?

It's because I'm old, Rainbow. XD I started drawing when I was your age, so maybe 7 or 8 years later you'll be even better than me! No talent, only practice, books, and tons of youtube videos.

@WaterScorpion I cheated and skipped to day 7, haha. I've already fallen behind since today is day 11 and I still haven't done day 10, but two dragons today should be pretty easy since Blue Dragon and Hydra both sound really fun. (If I draw a blue hydra does it count as both?). Either way, I have yet to actually finish a monthly challenge to the end since I usually lose steam around day 23. XP

I remember you were doing a 100 day challenge! Are you still working on that?

~~~

Had to dig through my sketchbook for this one. Dragon gesture drawing (?) in which I never know where to stuff the wings because they break the line of motion

IMG_20170811_013738.jpg?width=822&height

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Well that's actually partly how I get my current style! But no books, only tons of animated series, map parts and stuffs, and also practice. Anyways I don't wanna even try for humans in my own style.. But i'm pretty confiden about how I draw animals, I just need to learn how to draw wings and stuffs.

(i want to be an animator so..)

Wait! Don't forget that Era is normal sized and Shadow is almost the size of Rainbow, which is like 1,9 times bigger than a normal serval.

Edited by RainbowTheAlbinoServal

17 hours ago, TehUltimateMage said:

@Choppedmint please give me your characters, I just want to give everyone good art and love! I do all my art in Photoshop because I'm used to it (and that I paid actual money to buy some plugins), but personally I think Krita, SAI, and Clip Studio do a much better job. No fancy brushes, either, just a basic round brush (for both painting and erasing) with varying softness and opacity.

Oh, nice pics. I'm still working on my pen skills. I'm mostly into watercolor, acrylic, and pencil, so pen's still a weak point.

...I'll give you these two, since any more will page stretch. Plus, I still need to draw a better refs of a lot of them.

I'm always looking to see how people draw my headcannon of Myrnin:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/177330-choppedmints-art-request-are-open/?do=findComment&comment=9533942 as well as so many Refs dumped in my art thread. XD

And then there's my OC, Pajarito:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/177330-choppedmints-art-request-are-open/?do=findComment&comment=9537056

-As a pigeon she has white feathers with black tips on each feather. As a human she wears clothing made from black feathers, as well as a white t-shirt and shorts. She has a crest of feathers on her head and feathers on her shoulders that seem to be able to move independently. Her hair is pure white and her eyes are clear, cold black. She looks to be around 17. She's cold and uninterested when in human form and considers herself above everyone if they are not either Kid or Matteo. But she does have the ability to care. If you can get past her icy demeanor she can be funny and an interesting person to know. She prefers to stay in pigeon form.

On 8/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, TehUltimateMage said:

It's because I'm old, Rainbow. XD I started drawing when I was your age, so maybe 7 or 8 years later you'll be even better than me! No talent, only practice, books, and tons of youtube videos.

@WaterScorpion I cheated and skipped to day 7, haha. I've already fallen behind since today is day 11 and I still haven't done day 10, but two dragons today should be pretty easy since Blue Dragon and Hydra both sound really fun. (If I draw a blue hydra does it count as both?). Either way, I have yet to actually finish a monthly challenge to the end since I usually lose steam around day 23. XP

I remember you were doing a 100 day challenge! Are you still working on that?

~~~

Had to dig through my sketchbook for this one. Dragon gesture drawing (?) in which I never know where to stuff the wings because they break the line of motion

IMG_20170811_013738.jpg?width=822&height

haha, I was doing a 365 day challenge uwu
I haven't really gotten back to that and considering that was back in 2015........I got as far as October though.
Still, good luck with your challenge!

Thanks, WaterScorpion! I'll try my best to stick with it haha. Day 11's Hydra from Smaugust. I'm really bad at keeping up with these prompts, you know?

bzsHGPml.jpg

~

Been doing a little bit of creature design with RWyvern, based on this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlzmDwa21h0

oL7XBBn.png

~

A couple WIPs as well (as you can see I don't feel safe without references):

NVUbdCl.png

4Yej86K.png

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Oh before you decides to line: Era is like completely normal and the others have odd natural look. Rainbow is super tall and Shadow is super muscular. 

mJF2HsG.png

*chest opening jingle*

[TABLET GET]

On this day, 21 years ago, this young woman was given life. Today she is proud to upgrade her tablet. It's no wacom, but it works well enough and didn't burn a hole through the wallet!

Shamefully, I have been neglecting requests and posts and instead have been drawing other junk that doesn't relate to anything, so here we go:

m9DqCy5.png

~~~

CDeND3v.png

^ that's me blatantly ripping off @[how the hell do I ping the flower girl] Lu because I got so PUMPED seeing all that IMPROVEMENT and that her thin lines and shading are so AESTHETIC

MAGE IM CRYING SO MUCH MY TEARS ARE REAL 

'how the hell do i ping the flower girl' haha omg 

this was my master plan all along

don't ping me

you can only access me through writing me letters

<3333 i love youuuuu thank you so much for your guidance and support !! yr boy looks so good that glow on the hair is a+ 

tablet upgrade is best upgrade, can't wait to see more work from you! 

22 hours ago, TehUltimateMage said:

[how the hell do I ping the flower girl]

XD Can relate.

And those pictures is amazing!

Thhhnank you (man hard to believe I have fans)

Have these ear boys i brainstormed with Lu and the gang last night when I couldn't sleep (it started with Bat Boy and it turned into a mess and a potential dating sim)

mpPBSZA.png

arm ear is my spirit animal

Can't wait to see the two sisters lol

I kinda needs art for both of them but I already got Era included in something. yey.

(Era is ginger now) 

Also, cat ear is my spirit animal 

Edited by RainbowTheAlbinoServal

yes hello it's the tenth month of the year and I've crawled out of the ground for Inktober:

f6d18093ca90c8c5-2017promptlistsm02.png

~~~

9Vi4uXp.png

Day 1: Swift

rest in pieces Swiftpaw it wasn't your fault that Bluestar was an idiot

Poor swiftpaw(2) and poor brightheart.

And evil tigerstar.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Here have more from today:

24vRINn.png

Day 8: Crooked (Highwayman from Darkest Dungeon, the current game I'm obsessed with)

eAQEOUW.png

Day 9: Screech (Gore Magala from Monster Hunter 4U where it keeps kicking my butt because I suck at MH4U)