TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

Hi! I love your art style! They are adorable! I will definitely be watching this thread.

I was just wondering if you would take a take requests of mine or if you are too busy (With Christmas/ New year etc) ?

Thanks

Hi! I love your art style! They are adorable! I will definitely be watching this thread.

I was just wondering if you would take a take requests of mine or if you are too busy (With Christmas/ New year etc) ?

Thanks

Aha, are you talking about my regular (constantly changing) style, or my wallpapers? And sure, request away, though it'll probably be a while. I still got a lot of requests to do aha happy.gif'

hunghfh my computer froze and crashed, ending the stream, and I lost the drawing where the girl was hugging the dragon. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

What we've been up to tonight (click for full size):

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I pretty much want you to draw a really cute dragon for my siggie. I don't care what sort of dragon, just super cute! (So regular style)

Thank you lu! It means a lot to me when you comment omg

Not requests, but some concept art for my comic I did during the new years dinner (happy new year!)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm doing an Emotions/Expressions challenge with Lu and Narvix!

Day 1(?): Happy

user posted image

tbh he looks less happy and more mildly concerned orz (I swear he looked better before I put down the inks)

I am normally a stalker in the background so I guess it's time I starting being polite... biggrin.gif

Your art is amazing! I really hope to get the hang one day although it'll be hard to get any where near most of you here.

Mage, I saw one of your posts from another thread, and i was wondering, do you use tablet pressure for line width or for opacity?

@Mouse, Dragnilu: I guess it could be interpreted either way, but I finalized it as a phone.

I've fallen behind on the expressions challenge aha whoops

@Raphy: Thanks and welcome (officially) to the thread! Just keep practicing and you'll get a hang of it. I've been doing this for a lot of years, after all…

@Saph: Pen pressure for line width. I like to set it so that my pen tip is firm and I have more control over which bits become wide. Why not opacity as well? I'm not a fan of how the lines go wispy.

I've fallen behind on the expressions challenge aha whoops

it was inevitable XP //shot

sometimes it can be difficult; getting the right expression can be hard (and real life gets in the way all the time). what you have right now is good so far; so much respect for traditional artists.

I pretty much want you to draw a really cute dragon for my siggie. I don't care what sort of dragon, just super cute! (So regular style)

WIP. I don't think I can do "cute" very well. Been working with Krita (because photoshop... broke) and the program's better than I expected.

user posted image

@WaterScorpion: Thank you! I tried to keep to schedule. Emphasis on tried. XP

i know right? it's an awesome program even thought idk a lot of thing the program can do. Also the sketch tools are great too. Thank god it's free.

I luv the dragon you drew.

There are too many brushes. I literally only use one brush -- the default round one with hard edges -- and it took me half a day to find it in Krita. >_<

Still trying to figure it out, especially since all the keyboard shortcuts are different to what I'm used to in Photoshop/Mischief/Manga Studio, though it has quite a few nice features (pressing W toggles seamless mode, for example, and M mirrors your image -- no more searching through like 10 menus for "reflect horziontally"!)

on the first day i tried every brush and i also got a brush pack, i think the newest. There you can have a nyan cat brush and a weird snake brush xd.png. I've never tried mangastudios or photoshop.

All those fun brushes remind me of Kid Pix (or mario paint, or those paint programs for kids)! Though realistically, I can't think of any point where I would need a Nyan Cat brush xd.png

Manga Studio (Also known as Clip Studio) is a nice program do do, well, manga. Photoshop is hard to learn, but nice to paint in. XP Though, photoshop's been my preference for a long time.

EDIT: holy peas, 30k views on my thread! Thanks everyone! (though 5000 might be just me refreshing my topic…)