TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

Awww, that Houndoom in costume is simply precious. I love the scribbly feel! Thank you! And nice watercolors. I haven't played with paints in such a long time, yours look so dreamy.

Mage, can I ask how to draw orbs with a pen (I'm working on a comic and making it black and white just for sake of simplicity) 'cause I can't do it

(Also sorry if I can't put this here but I don't think you'd look at it if I put it in mine)

Mage, can I ask how to draw orbs with a pen (I'm working on a comic and making it black and white just for sake of simplicity) 'cause I can't do it

(Also sorry if I can't put this here but I don't think you'd look at it if I put it in mine)

I check all the threads, believe it or not. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Orbs? As in, the round kind? That may or may not be glowing? You just kind of draw a circle and shade one side, but sure, I'll whip something up later this week. You can get many fun textures, but I assume you're wanting smooth. What's your comic about, if you don't mind me asking? (is it the mages one?)

pen spheres be like

user posted image

Death and the afterlife tongue.gif

Or my interpretation of it, anyway.

What I'n trying to draw is kinda like the memory spheres from Inside Out. I'm doing kinda the first one.

Not orbs (I'll do those in a minute), but gesture drawings and sketches I did during crits (aka presentations) today.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Those sketches and gestures are awesome to see o3o I really want to try and incorporate this kind of art into my practicing cause it looks like such a neat thing.

Eyyyyyyy nar yeah! Especially quick drawings, they can help you practice anywhere, anytime !

Quick Zelos before bed:

user posted image

Been working on my portfolio. I tried running some old sketches through illustrator to make them vectors, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

user posted image

EDIT: ??? for some reason it doesn't want to resize…? Hold on a bit.

Been working on my portfolio. I tried running some old sketches through illustrator to make them vectors, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Snip!

EDIT: ??? for some reason it doesn't want to resize…? Hold on a bit.

What a pretty Shimmer!

That dragon looks so pretty! Maybe I should learn to art someday.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't here to request art, though... Makes me feel bad, better ask before I feel too ashamed.

I formally request a drawing of the two Pokémon Pawniard and Mienfoo preparing to duel one another to the death in a coliseum-style arena with a cheering crowd watching. Perhaps also with some other Pokémon (Spritzee, Cottonee, Archen, Vullaby, and Phantump are some offhand I think would be good) watching closely and cheering like the crowd (not necessarily for one or the other, though they could be).

I want it to look dramatic, like Pawniard and Mienfoo do not plan to show any mercy to one another, and that everyone in the arena is just as excited to see them throw down.

If you need to ask more questions or you can't do this at all, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Corrected a very serious oversight that might have offended someone. I apologize!

Edited by Coryn02

No problem, Coryn! I'm a bit swamped up with a deadline, a test, and a RP, but I'll manage to slip your request in. biggrin.gif

Thanks! Sorry I did not respond before, I was caught up in a field trip. I am confident it will look amazing, so please get to my request whenever you know you can do it well and aren't overly busy with anything else.

Final rush for final deadlines these next few weeks. Just no time to draw, but it helps me to de-stress.

user posted image

Still trying to get a feel of where to put shadows and control line weights when inking.

user posted image

Tfw you doodle in pen, mess up the legs, and try to salvage it.

Looks pretty decent to me, but what is that going on at the front? I can definitely tell this is more rough work than anything, though, so I'm not trying to be overly judgemental.

You know, it sucks that I don't notice these threads earlier so I gotta go through 30 pages to see all the wonderful arts...

But very nice, all your stuff is kinda gorgeous and I am now stalking this thread for more art i can bury my face in.

You know, it sucks that I don't notice these threads earlier so I gotta go through 30 pages to see all the wonderful arts...

But very nice, all your stuff is kinda gorgeous and I am now stalking this thread for more art i can bury my face in.

user posted image

Thank you!

Alright for serious here's something I did last week to de-stress and practice inking (because inking is something I never do lmao):

user posted image ==> user posted image

A Flight Rising commission.

user posted image

I'm glad to say that I'm back to doing wallpapers after a 4 month break. I cleared the request list, though, so you'll have to re-request if you asked for something four months ago. biggrin.gif

A Flight Rising commission.

user posted image

I'm glad to say that I'm back to doing wallpapers after a 4 month break. I cleared the request list, though, so you'll have to re-request if you asked for something four months ago. biggrin.gif

It looks very interesting... I can hardly tell what it is, though.

I am glad you are back in the business! May the power to halt even the mightiest sword be yours when you draw.

EDIT: Too lazy to not quote what I respond to.

Edited by Coryn02