TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

A trick I learned for scales was to do diagonal contour lines in two directions, it makes a sort of fishscale pattern. Then you can go in and make them pointy dragon scales! biggrin.gif

also people? drawn good people? you really must stop showcasing your majikks the muggles will see! >:o

A trick I learned for scales was to do diagonal contour lines in two directions, it makes a sort of fishscale pattern.  Then you can go in and make them pointy dragon scales! biggrin.gif

also people? drawn good people?  you really must stop showcasing your majikks the muggles will see! >:o

Shhhhh spatio i've seen the humans in your thread and I can confirm that you are also a wizard

I gave the thing a try (thanks for the tip!). Couldn't stop thinking of pinecones.

user posted image

Pardon the wonky anatomy of the front paw and whatever the heck is happening at the underside of the neck. Mysteries to one day solve: how to neck flab, how to do scales contour at joints, and how to simplify this thing so i don't have to draw 100000 of these things.

user posted image

(p.s. you can tell that i usually just draw busts bc i do excellent heads and wonky bodies)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

You ARE a wizard

Am I a wizard? You must show me :OOO

i'm a cheezewhiz

user posted image

Covering my desk with paper was the best idea. Now I can practice backgrounds instead of working on my online course! ;p

user posted image

I'm good at broad strokes and sketches, but my detail work still needs… work. You sort of get the gist of the thing, at least, but it's not something that's refined (yet). (I also got a new pen, can't you see? it's one of those brush pens with a tip that feels like a watercolor brush and it gives big, expressive lines which I love)

yes that is indeed a candy there's this candy store right beside our school and it's suffer because they always take my money in exchange for sweets

tfw the more you try to fix something the worse it gets (all i wanted to do was color the hair smh):

user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image

this is what i get for working in ink ok

tiger tiger, burning bright

in the forests of the night

user posted image

Some concept sketches for a comic. I haven't made much progress oops.

user posted image

tiger tiger, burning bright

in the forests of the night

~snip~

I love majestic tiger dragon! Your art never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Meg_752

Omg omg thanks you two! :0 codered is bae

Testing out a different kind of style today.

user posted image

Due to popular demand, I've scanned my summer 2015 sketchbook. In it are quite a few things I've posted in this topic, and much more! Here it is, though a little low-res: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1roVfk_hi...iew?usp=sharing

My Winter 2015 sketchbook, previously posted in this topic several months ago, can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1roVfk_hi...iew?usp=sharing

Just goes to show that not everything I've ever drawn is gold. ;p

Previously on Mage's Art Thread...

bonus scientist lady x birb lady sketch because I feel bad for being lazy today (i'm not showing you all my attempts at drawing a realistic rock)

user posted image

I finally got around to transferring it, painting it and inking it. Not too happy about either of their faces (should have stuck closer to the initial sketch), but hey, not everything goes your way when you ink.

user posted image

Mage, your sketchbook doodles are always amazing to look through. o3o I saw anatomy dabbling in there~

And the leg bone to head bone, omg.

Everything is perfect.

Thanks Narvix! No plz those are just throwaway doodles :0

Doodling with my dip pen to relieve stress. I leave it and my ink in studio (instead using portable fountain pens when I'm on the go), so I don't often use it. It's something I want to learn to handle, though.

user posted image

You have a dip pen omg *3* I've always wanted a dip pen and ink but I never got around to getting one.

I'm loving your little doodles. I hope the stress relief was helpful. :c

More dip pen experimentation.

halloween means onesies!

user posted image

Trade with Shaydra. I tried :0 Still trying to get used to proper inking implements, but I had a lot of fun with it!

user posted image

Oh my gosh, the onesies *0* Mage is perfect. May I have your human skills plz

@fang Did you know that Mage was actually magic

Yes, indeed, I am magic .:*・°☆

Didn't really have the chance to draw much today, so here's a piece I did for a project three years ago (grade 11 Tech). It looks kind of silly now, now that I look back at it. xd.png

user posted image

More recent: a watecolor from our Chicago trip that I've only now uploaded:

user posted image