TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

I'm not sure if I ever requested this, but

Can you do a minimalist of my OC wolf please

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Working through requests again. Is it just me, or have I started to lose the wallpapering sense I used to have? Click for fullsize, and I think I'm going to stop with my desktop screenshots because frankly it is too much work.

user posted image

He has no legs because I couldn't make them look good.

user posted image

Hella.

user posted image

I think I got to 7 fireballs? I can't remember. Been a while since I picked up Vesperia.

~~~

Bonus because I love pink:

user posted image

Thank you! They look awesome!

*Sets new background* From my pleb non-artist point of view, I really don't think losing touch has happened, I would say maybe change of style? To having more defined outlines. Versus us experiencing "closure" from the Gestalt effect, lol (aka having our brains complete the image).

All the thanks, keep up the great work.

And because you seem really busy - let me know if you don't have time to do this - but could I also request a minimalist wallpaper of Ba'ul carrying the Fiertia ship?

Edited by zephyr_123

Jolt won doesn't need legs to be beautiful. You did a really great job yet again, Mage!

(The Thalassa looks great too. I might have to request a Xenowyrm soon.)

TehUltimateMage: tfw you can't figure out a good pose

RyuushaThaelasan: I know a good pose

RyuushaThaelasan: toast in mouth running to school

RyuushaThaelasan: go

What we were up to tonight (feat. shoddy background):

user posted image

(transparent ver.)

Itty bitty siggy, because I can.

user posted image

Pre-stream bonus:

user posted image

I'll be streaming for a little bit tonight! The link is in the first post. Though, I'm in a wallpaper rut, so I'll be taking some sketch requests for dragons. (I got Manga Studio/Clip Studio since it was on sale! these brushes are pretty fun to work with)

Me messing around with Esko's requests:

https://i.imgur.com/DPevDxF.png

https://i.imgur.com/M1eviWf.png

Love that suit. Though she would probably crush the flowers oops

And that first one is beautiful. Just amazing

Um, I'm just wondering, if it'd be okay for me to request a wallpaper, please? ^^ Thank you.

Um, I'm just wondering, if it'd be okay for me to request a wallpaper, please? ^^ Thank you.

Go for it! I'm knocking off a few requests tonight and tomorrow night so feel free to ask.

Could I have a Sebastian Michealis Min. for a 1366 x 768 screen, and a Claude Faustus for the same size and style. Both are from Black Butler.

A link for general reference.

Together in the same image, or two separate wallpapers?

user posted image

study of leg (click for criminally-huge fullsize)

dang those are some nice legs <3333

those curves omf [ touches ]

leg leg so hot indeed im in tears help

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

i should be doing wallpapers lol but instead I've got looped into the 30 day challenge

Day 1: Draw yourself/your persona (took this opportunity to study folds etc.)

user posted image

I also took requests for DC watercolors for a while. Here's a few of the best ones.

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

uffmpp your watercolours are so beautiful i can't ; o ; did you draw them in pencil beforehand or was it like yes hello i am here and ready to paint the mona lisa of dergs

omg ahhhh your self drawing <33 same tho i woke at 1 today and everyone already had their drawings up like. how do y'all move so fast im in tears

different timezones das why (also thank u thank you i look forward to seeing yours)

I'm trying to move towards just doing watercolors without a pencil sketch. It forces me to think about shape and tone as a whole more rather than relying on 'ok the head goes here and that's the body'. Last year I got gifted a tiny book called "10-minute watercolors" and I kind of copied the style from there after rereading it. tongue.gif

3 things I learned from it (aka watercolor advice from mage):

1. Never overwork a watercolor. Start a new one if you don't like your current attempt. (so many failed attempts like *sweeps them under the rug*)

2. Don't be afraid to be bold with colors; use both washed-out and solid tints to get the desired effect. Load the brush with a lot of pigment, and be free to mix them all over the place. Mucky palettes in the case make for more interesting color blends.

3. Use the medium to your advantage. Watercolor is freeflowing and water pushes the pigment in sometimes unpredictable ways. Every attempt will be subtly different. You can pre-wet the page for your pigments to spread out, or add extra water to move around the stuff that's already on the page. I figured that if you're not going to be generous with using water, might as well go and paint with acrylics. xd.png

Hot damn that challenge drawing is amaze

h e l l a call me narcissicistic but I love drawing myself

watercolor update: wyrms (feat. an unexpectedly shoddy photoshop job)

user posted image

omg hell yes more dergs those xenos looking fresh <333

thank you for the watercolour advice friend omg hhh i must attempt the thing sometime ; o ;

Day 2: Character based on a dessert (was tempted to deliberately misinterpret as desert)

user posted image

peaches n cream ain't peaches n cream without color

EDIT: trying to color with a mouse is pure pain

user posted image

Had this sitting on my other computer. Back to working through wallpapers, I guess.

Here's Esko's wolf. Click for fullsize.

user posted image

Small transparent (click for bigger transparent):

user posted image

Pawprints I love it.

Eventually I will need a rotator for all these sigs lmao

I thought I dun smel't some pretty watercolors and look I am not mistaken :DDD

peaches and cream character ftw i wanna squeesh her