TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

As is what I literally just said out loud when I saw the Radiant Angel, "Ahw, that's SWEET!" You are so very talented that I could just kiss you! And as for the details, I actually chose ones that did not have too many details or colors too close (e.g. Desipis, Wrapping Wing).

You don't know how happy I am when I get up in the morning and see all your replies. :,)

As is what I literally just said out loud when I saw the Radiant Angel, "Ahw, that's SWEET!" You are so very talented that I could just kiss you! And as for the details, I actually chose ones that did not have too many details or colors too close (e.g. Desipis, Wrapping Wing).

I thought at first that you chose them all because they are all a similar color -- but I see what you mean with the swirls on the Wrapping Wing @_@ (fun fact: my favorite dragons for each holiday are the Rosebud, Grave, and Solstice. I'd like to have a wallpaper of the Solstice up for Christmas, but I'd have to PM Odeen for permission first.)

The Radiant Angel's done. The design's grown on me. I've sent it to the spriters as well. (As usual, click to enlarge)

user posted image

And a sneak peek of the Grave (I'm excited to get to all the ghosty bits):

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Ugh, I might have to get back into Illustrator once this semester is over. I'm craving this challenge again. Your faaaaault for making such pretties.

You don't know how happy I am when I get up in the morning and see all your replies. :,)

I thought at first that you chose them all because they are all a similar color -- but I see what you mean with the swirls on the Wrapping Wing @_@ (fun fact: my favorite dragons for each holiday are the Rosebud, Grave, and Solstice. I'd like to have a wallpaper of the Solstice up for Christmas, but I'd have to PM Odeen for permission first.)

The Radiant Angel's done. The design's grown on me. I've sent it to the spriters as well. (As usual, click to enlarge)

user posted image

user posted image

that RA is my desktop now!

Going to be until I see another one I want as my desktop

user posted image

user posted image

That Radiant Angel is gorgeous. In fact, my favorite Valentines so far ARE the Radiant Angel and also the Rosebud (Dolphinsong's Rosebud Spriter Alt is even my favorite of all Alts), for Halloween it's the Shadow Walker, And Christmas(es?) is also the Snow Angel and the Solstice as well.

Been a while since I updated.

I sent a PM to aangs-sister, the spriter for the Grave. I'll edit it into this post as soon as I get their approval. Thanks for all the praise for the RA -- I assure you the Grave looks even better! (in my opinion, at least.)

EDIT: we are now live! I have two versions of it, the second of which is probably my favorite wallpaper so far. :^)

Light version (Click image for full size):

user posted image

Dark version (Click image for full size):

user posted image

After this I'll take a break from dragons and work a little on Jazz and some more characters from the Tales Series. I'll pick the Snow Angel back up when we get a little closer to Christmas.

Ugh, I might have to get back into Illustrator once this semester is over. I'm craving this challenge again. Your faaaaault for making such pretties.

Thanks again! Illustrator is one of those things you hate until you get a hang of it. xd.png But once you do, it's smooth sailing. You can always work on it during winter break. smile.gif

I never formally said welcome back, so welcome back, Melom! And sure thing -- I'll get to it once I finish up my final projects and start Fizzix's request.

It will likely be done by next Tuesday.

Oh wow, both that radiant angel and Grave look absolutely stunning! I adore those patterns on the Grave! Though I prefer the light version over the dark one haha.

Been a while since I updated.

I sent a PM to aangs-sister, the spriter for the Grave. I'll edit it into this post as soon as I get their approval. Thanks for all the praise for the RA -- I assure you the Grave looks even better! (in my opinion, at least.)

EDIT: we are now live! I have two versions of it, the second of which is probably my favorite wallpaper so far. :^)

Light version (Click image for full size):

user posted image

Dark version (Click image for full size):

user posted image

After this I'll take a break from dragons and work a little on Jazz and some more characters from the Tales Series. I'll pick the Snow Angel back up when we get a little closer to Christmas.

Thanks again! Illustrator is one of those things you hate until you get a hang of it. xd.png But once you do, it's smooth sailing. You can always work on it during winter break. smile.gif

Great like always!!! Can't wait 'til more!!!

I never formally said welcome back, so welcome back, Melom! And sure thing -- I'll get to it once I finish up my final projects and start Fizzix's request.

It will likely be done by next Tuesday.

Thanks! :DDDDDDDD

Progress on Jazz. So I went the TFA route because the curves appealed to me (even though I was so ready to make some blocky shapes!) I've laid out the basic design, so I just have some tweaking and details to do.

I need your opinion on the color of the background, though. Or should I leave it transparent so you can put your own? I ask this because the white background doesn't really work in my opinion.

user posted image

While I'm waiting on a response, I'll start Torterra so I can hopefully have both of them done in my next update.

Gm. I'm indecisive. Part of me loves the white, but we really do lose a lot of the sleekness of him without defining lines in some places. If you're comfortable giving me a transparent version so I can throw him on different background colors to tease something out of him, that would work. Just the one nitpicky critique though: the navy bits are actually also black - that artist just stylized the black to that purple in shading. So his "headphones" and chinstrap, inner thighs, and arm definition-y bits you have there would be black in the flat-tones.

Progress on Jazz. So I went the TFA route because the curves appealed to me (even though I was so ready to make some blocky shapes!) I've laid out the basic design, so I just have some tweaking and details to do.

I need your opinion on the color of the background, though. Or should I leave it transparent so you can put your own? I ask this because the white background doesn't really work in my opinion.

user posted image

While I'm waiting on a response, I'll start Torterra so I can hopefully have both of them done in my next update.

I like the black.

Ah, sorry for no replies until now! I'm currently on my way back to my hometown and a lot of things came up.

I was wondering if those stripes were shading or not. I'll have the transparent ready tomorrow night, same with torterra who I haven't really got the chance to work on yet.

Hi! I love bleeding moon dragons so my desktop background is a screenshot of my female's page (xd.png) So can you make me a bleeding moon dragon desktop background? I have no idea about my screen size, so if your's is smaller I will paint in the background.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Total radio silence on my end for a while because of family and such. I didn't finish the Snow Angel on time, unfortunately, but I'll see if I can get it done by new year's (any requests for New Year's?)

Either way, here's transparent Jazz and Torterra. Don't mind the clutter.

user posted image

user posted image

Hi! I love bleeding moon dragons so my desktop background is a screenshot of my female's page (xd.png) So can you make me a bleeding moon dragon desktop background? I have no idea about my screen size, so if your's is smaller I will paint in the background.

Sure thing! xd.png I'll get started on that once I've finished wrestling with this Snow Angel. You'll have to wait a little bit regardless since I need permission from the spriter, Mysfytt!

Can you do an anime version of a glaucus drake? Just the head of it?

Had a few minutes tonight so here is your anime bishie. Ask me if you want me to resize him.

user posted image