Kestra15

Rapture

Lydia watched as the young patient walked off, and with a sigh moved back to the Emergency Department's main nursing area. A large room lined with curtained-off cubicles, the central desks full of drug charts, patient notes, printers and easy-access drugs cupboards, it was the hub of the small hospital's emergency medicine. Not as expansive or equipped as Addenbrooke's it could still happily receive ten patients as well as three in Resus, with the hospital bay just outside for easy off-load or transfers out, it was remarkably well-equipped for such a small hospital. The recognition of rural areas of England being so far from emergency care facilities meant there was a tentative push into better-equipped A&E departments in the East Anglia region, but as with all Government schemes the reality was not as effective as the plan; there were more A&E departments, but in semi-rural areas which already had adequate provisions. No matter how much cash was thrown at the problem it still seemed to be getting nowhere.

Making her way back to the nurse's station Lydia put her beeper down next to the keyboard and accessed the system one more time; after all, she'd found two people so far, despite how empty the place once seemed. Perhaps she would find another? Although from here she could see all the curtained-off bays were empty, it would be the job of a couple of minutes to check the small wards, and it would be remiss of her as a nurse to leave other people in distress. Stifling a yawn she scooped up the bleep and moved off to investigate the in-patient bays.

---

"No-one is 'ours,' " Mak said, doing his utmost to hold in the hint of frustration that was colouring his mood now. As if to punctuate his concerns about the growing fire, the group heard a small 'boom' as what sounded like a gas cannister or two finally succumbed to heat and pressure, causing Mak to instinctively wince and look up at the growing cloud of smoke. Prevailing wind was pushing the majority of the smoke north, but the sheer mass was still causing it to spread in all directions. It wouldn't be long before a shadow would be cast over the hospital. He looked back at the punk, then up again as a brunette jogged by on the main road and stopped, focusing her attention on the small group.

"Look, we can sit and debate all day, but this is not going to be a safe place to stay," he continued, voice gathering strength as he looked at the disparate group of...survivors? It seemed like the right word. "By night this town is going to be a bonfire or a pile of ash, and we need to get out of here. I'm going to go back into the hospital and fetch Lydia and Nay, find something to drive, and leave town." Quite where he was going to go Mak wasn't sure, but Hawkingsthorne - which otherwise would have been an ideal place to base themselves out of - was now a write-off.

"If any of you want to leave with me, that would be good - I don't think this is a time or place to be alone. But I can't stand here all day debating who stays and goes. There's a petrol station next to that inferno and a tower of pressurised oxygen just a hundred metres away from where we standing, and I don't intend to be around when the flames reach either." With that Mak turned, the doors opening for him as he swept past the punk and into the hospital one more time.

---

Reaching the ED Mak stopped at the door and looked around, frowning slightly. The hospital was always just a little too warm, an adjustment that frustrated clinical staff but was a godsend to the patients, who when walking around in little more than half a dress found it merely uncomfortable and not hypothermic. However as he stepped into the main A&E area he shivered drastically, the hairs on his arm standing on end. It was as if someone had left the door open on a particularly cold day. The sound of the bleep pierced the silence, and Mak traced it to a keyboard. Picking up the small black device he checked the label on it - it was Lydia's beep. It was also ice-cold.

It took Mak a long time to find the strength to silence the bleep, the device warming in his hand as he looked at the unanswered alert to call Wisperlee. While the rationale part of his mind dictated that the nurse was simply somewhere else, a much more basal part of his brain declared otherwise. Lydia's bag was by his feet, the bleep was stone-cold, and half a chocolate bar had been carelessly dropped on the keyboard. It was as if Lydia had, like so many others, just disappeared where she stood. Finally he tapped the silencer on the bleep, and slipped it into his pocket.

"Sorry Lydia," he whispered, shivering this time through fear. Without hesitation he turned and left.

((GM's note: Sadly, Loviebeest has left the sim. Until I hear back from Porky we'll leave Nay's fate undetermined - either she's silently tagging along with a group, or she disappeared with Lydia. -KM))

Erin looked up jerkily at the sound of the explosion, then sent a homicidal look toward the man still cowering on the ground, curling her toes to keep from kicking him. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going with him" she nodded in Mak's direction, "Better than getting blown up out here." She punctuated the last bit with another glare at Juane. "Come on" she said to the group in general, "help me find something that can carry all of us." She walked backwards into the parking lot, eyebrows raised at James. "I'm assuming you've got some experience with hot wiring?"

Jexxal stood there self consciously allowing the older man past as the group squabbled among them-selfs.

This is the rest of humanity?

He sighed inwardly when to his surprise, the topic of stealing cars came up. A grin found its way on his face as he stepped forward. "If he doesn't I do miss. I've learned a thing or to growing up." He spoke as pleasantly as he could as he walked closer to Erin.

Erin raised an eyebrow as the stranger pretty much slithered up to her side and leaned away from him. He looked even more like a hood than the biker guy, and not even as attractive. "Easy there, stud," she said, pushing her index finger into his chest to back him up, "I'm a biter. And not interested." She returned her gaze to the parking lot. "And before any hot-wiring can be done, we have to actually get into the cars and check for keys. You got a lockpick?"

Jaune cast aside the empty packet of crisps and stood up. He looked at the girl who had walked over to him suspiciously. She was probably an agent trying to get on his good side and then silence him when the others weren't looking, probably with the crazy girl.

Jaune smiled widely he then bowed to her, "Thank you, my art is dedicated to the mighty gods of this realm. I am their humble servant". Jaune then walked past her, giving her a wide birth. He walked up next to the crazy girl who was busy talking to the strange man. He walked past them both, eying them.

"If it's transport we wish to find the most appropriate place would be the ambulance bay wouldn't it?" He asked, tilting his head slightly as he looked at them. His mouth then once again turned into the wide grin.

"And who needs a lock pick when you have a saucepan!" He exclaimed, pulling out the saucepan he'd collected from the supermarket, then proceeding to shatter a nearby window.

"Whats more the old one clearly doesn't know much about fires, if the flames were to reach the petrol station in all likely hood it wouldn't cause an explosion of any sort as there wouldn't be enough oxygen to fuel the fires inside the pump. Haven't any of you ever watched mythbusters?" He asked, mockingly. He then hurried off towards the ambulance bay, if he could find multiple he could safely secure one for himself, to help him, Lucy and James get away from these maniacs. He'd briefly worked at a mechanics before being fired for redecorating the vehicles, and occasionally the customers would forget to leave their keys...

Great, he was even more armed than she'd thought. Erin watched Jaune prance off after Mak through narrowed eyes. "Okay," she said tensely, "I will not give that thing the satisfaction of being right, so I'm just going to follow him under the pretext of making sure he doesn't kill Mak." She turned toward James with a pointed look. "Biker dude, you're coming with me. You seem to be the only one who can talk him down with no collateral." She followed after Jaune without waiting for James. "Hands where I can see 'em," she yelled at the former, "or I swear to God I'll hug you for the rest of the day!"

Wisperlee, who was the first to try engage the crazy guy in conversation, watched as he didn't even see her, was oddly polite to Ari and swung at Erin with a frying pan. Alrighty then, that was about as much effort as she was willing to make to find out Pyro's name.

She rose, then turned and followed Mak without another word; missing the later arrival of Jexxal entirely.

When Mak headed to a side corridor to, she presumed, look for Lydia, Wisperlee continued on to the vehicle bay. They didn't need two people to look for the nurse and she could get a headstart finding the group an ambulance.

Arriving in the parking lot ahead of the others, she entered the ambulance bay surrounded by a steel fence to ward off thieves looking for medical drugs. Beyond the fence were vehicles left by either employees or visitors. Wisperlee began to walk towards the nearest ambulance, when she stopped. She liked the 'early arrivals' well enough, but Erin was violently angry, Jaune was dangerously crazy and she didn't know James. The thought of spending time cooped up with them in an ambulance was daunting. Perhaps she should take a car for herself?

She scanned the parking lot until her eye fell on a motorcycle just beyond the fence. Perfect. She tried the fence door, which of course was locked, then decided to just scale the thing and drop down on the other side. She scrambled up nimbly and managed to land without twisting or hurting anything. So far, so good.

Taking out her multitool, she fiddled with the seat compartment lock until it opened. Inside were two helmets (this biker must like to carpool she wondered vaguely) but no motor jacket. So I won't have to worry about my skull splitting in two while the pavement scrapes the flesh off my bones? She hesitated for a second, then thought of Erin and Jaune bickering and decided the helmet would do.

Tossing her bag and the spare helmet back in the seat compartment, she began working on the ignition lock. She had the tech savvy to hotwire a car, but a motorcycle was a different story. Still, she was doggedly trying as the next person entered the parking lot.

((I deliberately gave the bike two helmets in case anyone wants to ride with Wisperlee, though she's probably looking to get away from Erin and Jaune atm.))

Why in all hell had she thought it was a good idea to follow Juane? The guy probably didn't even remember why he'd decided to come this way! Still, he was way too crazy to be left to his own devices, so she coasted in the same general direction as him, far enough away that she couldn't feel the residual crazy.

After a couple minutes of tuning out his jabbering, she chanced upon almost exactly what she'd been hoping to find. The flatbed in her mind had been uncovered, but it was probably better in the long run that it was.

Oh, jackpot!

She turned her attention back to her burden. "Oy! Juane!" she yowled at him, opting to use his name rather than some insult to his mental state, "Go back and get that new guy, wouldja?!"

((Why are you saying he was jabbering? He said one thing to you then went off for the ambulance bay?))

"No," Jaune said simply. He had no time to gather others and the only other he would gather would be James. Also this girl really annoyed him.

Jaune then took a quick left turn and quickly found himself in the ambulance bay. He'd been to this hospital fairlly frequently and it only took him a short while to recall the layout.

"Blast! By the wings of Lugia how did she beat us here, perhaps she was guided by the devils hands?" He said, upon seeing the other girl who'd spoken to him, although the last part was aimed at Lucy.

He saw that she had claimed a motorbike for herself and he shrugged, if he wanted one he could simply take James... but he couldn't ride one of those things anyway. He then hurried over to the nearest ambulance and, like he said he would, shattered the window with his frying pan.

"Haha! You're glass is no match for my multi-tool. Now its a frying pan, drying pan and... breaking pan?" He paused and looked at Lucy for guidance, she didn't provide much insight to his problem.

"Lucy you need to work on your poetry some time, what if we come across a traveling Shakespeare fan and we have to recruit him? Then it will be your fault when we've all been stabbed... blast you Mercutio!" He said before unlocking the ambulance and hurrying in, wiping away all the glass.

He bent down below the steering wheel and examined the wiring beneath it.

"Hmmm," He droned as he pulled out a mechanics handbook from his onesie. He then quickly began rearranging the wires before a dull thrum echoed as the engine started.

"Haha, the mighty pikachu knows where to put the plugs! Now.." Jaune glanced at the controls, scowling slightly. Then he spun in the chair and kicked out the other window.

"Ahh I love a fresh breeze... hmm I wonder if any of the others know how to drive. Hopefully not crazy lady," He said to himself. Shrugging he turned and placed his feat on the passenger seat, opening his bag and pulling out a jar of jam and a slice of bread.

"Dammit Lucy! You forgot to get the butter, it'll all be melted by now," He said accusingly at the mantis, who just eyed him, slightly amused.

((I kinda got used to the concept of Juane talking to himself or Lucy or God knows what between being addressed.))

Erin made a frustrated noise at his refusal, flipped him off - British style for added poignance - and stormed off to get said new guy herself. "Pain in my ass" she muttered. She guessed she'd have to wait for someone else to snap and try to kill him so she could save his hide; Until then she could apparently count on him being useless and annoying.

She looked up at what she thought was the sound of an engine and headed back toward it, expecting Mak. It turned out to only be Juane, chewing on... Was that toast? In the passenger seat. He didn't drive; what a shock. She pulled the driver side door open and hoisted herself into the driver's seat.

((Please don't make Juane run off, I'm trying to bury the hatchet with him here.))

Edited by Fangirl05

Stepping out to the ambulance bay Mak looked over to where Wisperlee was making an attempt on starting her bike, and was tempted for a moment to run over to her, grab the spare helmet, and try and convince her they should escape together. It wasn't a romantic notion; while she was indeed intelligent, even-tempered and practical, the hermit-like young man was starting to get a headache from all the mismatched personalities that they were presented with. Looking around at the bay he noted that their resident pyromancer was making a start on the older ambulance with his frying pan, while fiery-tempered Erin was storming out on yet another run-in. But in spite of their temperaments they were still people and probably just as scared and worried as the rest of them, and perhaps in the days to come they would calm down and be more even-keeled. Ari, Emily, Nougat, and then the punk and brunette Mak had seen before turning back into the hospital, as well as Jaune's...minder? They needed to stick together, although travelling in separate vehicles was probably best.

Mak moved through the bay to the other ambulances; unlike his criminally-inclined friends, he had decided to stop by the break room and see if, like Lydia's bleeper, someone had left the keys to their ambulance on the table during a break. After all hot-wiring was a delicate process that could lead to permanent damage to a vehicle, and ambulances were fairly tamper-proof to begin with. While Sprinters could not be hot-wired and required their specific key RFID, the older Muvano that Jaune had set upon didn't. Letting he and Erin get on with...whatever they were doing, Mak walked over to the last two ambulances in the small garage.

One was the more recognisable Sprinter model, the Mercedes-Benz vehicle that most people expected to see in an emergency. Mak ignored it to begin with; while it was packed with emergency medical equipment, it was otherwise going to be of little use to him and whoever he ended up with due to the heavy steering, lack of space in the back, and now-useless additional gadgets and gizmos that would simply run down petrol and battery alike. Instead he moved to the Ducato, the less-familiar but still well-used 'ambu-taxi' that was used for transporting the more able and stable patients. More a minibus than a taxi, with six fold-down seats in the back, Mak was much more taken to use that with the small group they were building up.

The ambu-taxi unlocked with a click of a button, and a cursory glance inside told Mak that the vehicle was indeed just for transport, with only a token first aid kit and AED in the back. As Jaune carried on with his hot-wiring and window-smashing Mak moved to the other ambulance and quickly pulled out the response bag and the labelled 'Burns,' 'Trauma' and 'Maternity' boxes. A quick check of the lockers revealed a cylinder-bag of Entenox. All of them ended up in the back of the Ducanto.

As Jaune convinced the Muvano to come to life - though Mak doubted the same trick would work twice - Mak climbed into the driving seat of the Ducanto and brought it to life the much quicker, safer and simpler way. While he was used to smaller cars Mak reckoned that empty roads would make learning to drive the larger minibus would probably make up for mistakes when adjusting. Taking a few moments to orientate himself in the driver's seat, Mak finally put the vehicle into reverse and crept out of it's bay.

For those standing at the front of the hospital it had been just over five minutes since they'd seen Mak and the others disappear inside; now, from around the corner, Mak slowly rolled the ambu-taxi into view and parked some ten metres from the gathering survivors, killing the engine and pocketing the keys before stepping out.

"I've got a ride," he said, looking up at the thickening smoke cloud billowing overhead.

James sighed and raised his hand to his head in a facepalm. Not only did he knot know what was going on but by the looks of things none of the others did too. The only person who seemed sure about anything was Jaune.

He wheeled his bike towards where the brown haired Mak was waiting. It would probably be best if they all sorted out who was travelling with who before setting off. Looking around into the bay he could see Jaune in an ambulance. Was that guy even licensed to drive? Although did that even matter right now? As long as he didn't try to run anyone off the road and go flying off a cliff somewhere.

Looking back round at Mak James wheeled a little closer.

"Where exactly are we all heading?"

Slowly so as not to intrude upon what looked like a heated discussion that was taking place, Petra moved closer to the group of people. On first glance it appeared that the people in the group were younger then herself, and there seemed to be more females then males, and someone dressed in a Pikachu onesie.

She flashed a friendly smile in the direction of the young looking girl with dark hair and light olive skin, who she thought had smiled and waved at her, before her attention was caught by what a young man with tousled looking hair and light brown eyes was saying. It seemed that the threat the fires posed was much more serious then she had first thought, with the possibility of the flames spreading to the petrol station and also the hospital, igniting gawd knows what kind of chemicals and gasses that were be stored. They needed to leave Hawkingsthorne and soon. As if to underline his point a small ‘boom’ punctuated the air.

The noise caused Petra to look up; the smoke plume had thickened and was spreading, she could detect the smell of acrid smoke and watched as some flakes of ash drifted in her direction, driven by a sudden gust of wind.

Glancing back at the group she noticed that the man who had been speaking and number of the others had disappeared into the hospital, presumably to get supplies. She was torn as to what to do, obviously the fire was serious and it was spreading, it made sense to get as far away from it as possible, but on the other hand Steve and Sally’s house was so near, could she really leave town without first checking to see if Josh and Thomas were or had been there.

She was still ruminating as to what to do when a hospital minibus type vehicle appeared from around the corner, and came to a gentle stop not too far from where she was. The man who had been speaking a few minutes ago stepped out, glanced up at the ominous looking sky and said “I’ve got a ride”.

Reaching a decision Petra walked over to the man and smiled in what she hoped was a friendly manor.

“Erm hello, my name is Petra, I know that this is not the time or the place to start asking questions, but I just wanted to ask, where do you intend in heading for and have you, or are you in contact with anyone else?

“I agree that it is wise to leave town, but I can’t leave until I have checked somewhere first, I have to make sure my sons are not still here”

Erin locked the doors before Juane had a chance to bolt. "Just keep your mouth shut for a minute, please?" she asked, "I wanna level with you." She hung her wrist over the steering wheel and waited until he was looking at her before continuing.

"You're insane," she explained her point of view bluntly, "so I don't trust you as far as Ari could throw you, but I swear on whatever it is you hold sacred I don't want you to get hurt, you or anybody else. For all we know, we all are the last people in England, maybe even the whole world. Infighting is only gonna hurt our chances of staying alive.

I'm not asking to suddenly become BFFs, but could we maybe stop snapping at each others' throats?" She held her right hand out to him, hoping to God that that didn't mean something obscene in France.

Wisperlee pulled up next to Mak's ambulance and a woman who introduced herself as Petra. She felt a stab of pain when Petra mentioned her sons. In truth, none of them seemed to have family left but that would be especially hard on a mother.

"Of course we'll check if they're home," she said before Mak could decide otherwise. "What is the address?" If nothing else, Wisperlee could drive out and back to a rendezvous point if the house was too close to the fire to send everyone in.

"If it's not near the fires then we'll stop off, but not for long," Mak promised as he opened the sliding side door of the ambulance. "Everyone aboard whose coming - James, Wisperlee, I assume you two want to keep your rides?" He looked up at the smoke once more. "There's a village fifteen miles east called Stanleytone - nothing exciting, just a cluster of houses at a crossroads with a local shop and a pub. I say we go there next, give us time and space to...plan," he finished lamely. He indicated to Ari, Emily and Nougat to climb into the back; of the six seats in the back of the ambu-taxi the kit he'd scrounged from the Sprinter only took up one, leaving plenty of space for the rest. "Petra, if you ride up front with me you can show me where you need to go."

Emily swayed from one side to the other thinking of what she should do. There were still people coming together here at the hospital and then the others wanted to leave. What if more people came? The young woman looked to the sky watching as the smoke of the fire started to spread out. She could feel Nougat tugging on her leash for each bang that echoed through the air. Mak is right, they can’t stay here. Without any more hesitation Emily moved towards their new “taxi”.

“Up. Up.” Emily spoke standing to the side allowing the dog to jump in first. Once Nougat was in Emily climbed in herself and took a see close to the front.

“I hope here is enough gas in to get us where we’re going.” She spoke as she forced Nougat to lay down on the floor of the vehicle.

The girl with the dog's comment about gas made James glance down at his own meter. He hadn't given fuel a single thought since the events of last night, but he saw that he still had half a tank. That should last him for a while, but he should probably stop at pump and refill if he saw one. Man, it was turning into a real survivor's situation here. He just hoped it wouldn't go the whole hog and start throwing zombies at them. Then again, given Jaune's perchant for fire they probably wouldn't be too much trouble.

He sighed and adjusted the straps on his bag. The sooner they got out of here the better.

Jaune stared in shock, not only had the crazy girl reappeared but she had stolen his seat!

He backed up quickly. Choosing, instead of sitting properly in the passenger seat, to dangle his legs out of the window.

"Begone she demon! Thou shall not take humanity away from me! I'm onto your scheme, you're trying to trick me! Lull me into a false sense of security but under Lucy's guidance I shall forever be immune to your seductive nature!" Jaune exclaimed, brandishing the frying pan once more. With his free hand he tenderly stroked Lucy, who was seated on the dashboard, the events of her human companion too unimportant for her.

"And you claim I am insane? Ha! You're as foolish as the doctors, what they call insanity is merely my vision! For I see what ordinary people do not! As the messenger of the great god Ho-oh who has entrusted me with these gifts! And you claim I am constantly attack you, that is a lie. Since I have arrived YOU have been the one wishing to slit my throat, for you see my actions of cleansing the supermarket as an act against yourself! Why would I target humanity when humanity is the gift of the great gods? I love humanity, for those without the knowledge of the gods plans are so very amusing! Such as yourself." Jaune finished, a wide grin on his face. Keeping the frying pan directed at the crazy girl he arched his back, resting on his head, so that she appeared upside-down. His grin grew wider and he began to laugh at the look on her face. The simpleton!

((Do you mind if Jaune becomes somewhat infatuated with Erin? Not in an overly romantic way, just intrigued... she has piqued his curiosity, I think it could become quite amusing))

((Yeah, sure, that's fine. I'm not sure she won't try to smack him once or twice, though.))

Erin lowered her eyebrows in confusion as she lowered her hand. Seductive? Amusing? "Great, the crazy one wants me" she rolled her eyes, "Couldn't be the biker dude, no, that'd be too easy."

Honestly, she felt kind of proud of herself; she thought she was getting better at translating his gibberish into common English, although that could just be that that last bit was such an obvious "screw your cease-fire!" Well, that's what she'd heard, anyway.

"Ah, well," she shrugged, "I tried." She stepped on the gas and pulled up to the front entrance, leaning a short ways out the window. "Yo, James, take back your nutcase!" She unlocked the doors quickly and swung her head over to the newcomer. "Stud, you got shotgun" she nodded in the direction of the passenger seat. "Us Yanks gotta stick together, huh?" She grinned at him briefly, but quickly shut her lips; her smile had been compared to Inspector Javert's more than once.

Jaune gripped the seat in fright at the sudden acceleration, while only moving slow the open windscreen sent in a cascade of air that flung Lucy into him. Cooing to her he gently placed her into his onesie, where she'd be safe.

He then scoweled at the crazy girl and looked over at James.

"Don't listen to her James! She is trying to tempt you with her feminine wiles but I have seen her inner self! She has the heart of an evil demon and the temperament of a fallen angel! One should not trust such a being, but I shall keep an eye on her and make sure she does not attack us in the night, and when I am exhausted with fatigue Lucy shall take my place and wake me when she strikes!" Jaune called out to him. He paused then banged on the door with his frying pan.

"Also I found this ambulance first and got it running, so I get shotgun!" He angrilly banged on the door before leaning back in the chair and crossing his arms.

He turned angrilly towards the demon and stuck his tongue out at her while making a cross with his hands.

Haha! That shall show her, not only will her leech like personality fall on deaf ears but this taunt shall make her unleash her full power, while my cross nullifies it! Use up all your energy demon, Ho-ohs light shall protect me and those I deem worthy! He thought triumphantly.

He then quickly lashed out quickly and slapped her shoulder.

"You call me insane you're not wearing a seat belt! What kind of driver are you if you do not follow proper road rules". He shook his head sadly, even servants of the Shinigami have little knowledge of road safety. Pulling out a match he lit it and placed the end in his mouth. He then leaned back, absentmindedly patting the seat belt wrapped around him.

Erin stared at Juane in horror and reached out the window. "Please, I'm begging you!" she moaned, first to James and then in general, "Don't leave me alone with this maniac, I think he's trying to come on to me!"

"Dear God," she prayed, "If I'm wrong and you do have mercy in your heart, please let me be wrong."

Edited by Fangirl05

"I don't think you're quite to his taste" said James with a small chuckle.

He looked at Jaune, but it seemed he was quite happy to ride along in the ambulance. Probably wanted a go at the siren or something. Hey that was an idea. Everyone knew what a siren sounded like right? Could they use it to attract other people? People who hadn't thought to check out the hospital? If you heard a ambulance going you would know someone must have switched it on?

He looked over at the woman who was worried about her children.

"Hey. How old are your kids? Old enough to know what a ambulance sounded like?"

"What's all this about kids, now?" Erin swung her head around, trying to pin down who among them looked like a worried parent. She thought they all looked a bit young for it, but hey, this was the age of Teen Mom. Or at least it had been last night. "Ah, the chance nature of existence" she sighed, shaking her head.

"Quiet James! She is likely to hunt down these children and cook them into a stew to satisfy her endless hunger for chaos and damnation!" Once again Jaune warded himself against the crazy woman seated next to him. He then paused and looked at the small group of people.

"What age is everyone anyway? I sense that the other man is older than myself. But I cannot guess what age you all might be" He then turned and glared at the crazy lady once more.

"Of course we cannot trust the DEMON! For fallen angels have immortality, she is likely 700years old! She has taken on this form in order to lure us into her trap! But I warn you when she has you cornered she shall reveal her true old HUNCHED form, she is probably a harpy! A siren who attracts brave and strong willed men, lost at sea to her voice before killing them! Or worse, casting you into the Distortion world where you shall live in eternity, not aging while forever being hunted by the Ruthless Lord of the Realm Giratina! Stay back demon, how many have you cast through the portal?" Jaune pushed back against the door, frying pan held at the read, the lit match, wedged in his teeth, burning ever closer to his lips.

"Whats more even if we can hold her off she's still not wearing a seat-belt! Clearly she has a fear of restraint, perhaps she was a prisoner to the dark lord. Forced to do his bidding so that she may be free and spread her wings!" He chimed again.