Kestra15

Rapture

"Oh screw you, you glorified cyber-crook, like you wouldn't bend over if Mak asked" Erin spat at her, then turned a less hostile look at Micah. "In addition to us relatively-normals, there's an ax-crazy man-child sleeping in the ambulance we drove here in named Juane with a pet praying mantis named Lucy."

((I don't think she really believes that, she just doesn't take insults well.))

Edited by Fangirl05

Wisperlee rolled her eyes at that. "Not all of us are in perpetual heat." Sighing, she rose and left the table. "If you'll excuse me," she said to James and Micah, "I find the company disagrees with me."

Making her way over to Emily, she briefly knelt to pet Nougat, then rose again. "I'm going to find myself a dog," she said.

"Does anyone fancy a walk?" she asked while heading to the door. She preferred to be alone - this was the second time that she sought solitude after Erin's special brand of companionship - but etiquette compelled her to extend the offer for people to come along.

((Wisperlee never insulted Erin. Erin is the one constantly commenting on how men (in particular James) look and Wisperlee only drew the conclusion that Erin desires sex with James. And that, if Erin were 'scum of the earth' she would have forced herself upon him already.))

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Erin watched Wisperlee leave. "And there goes the last nail in my coffin" she said decisively, turning toward the men and raising her hand in a wave, "See ya, boys." She dropped her suitcase next to the bar, hopped up onto it and lay down as if it really were a coffin.

James raised an eyebrow at Whisperlee's comment and sidestepped away from Erin jokingly. It wasn't that he believed that she would try anything or that he was in anyway afraid of her, but what else could you do but play along?

"Rapture or not I think we can all agree that something strange is going on. I don't know if God, the Government or the Toothfairy is behind it, but we need to come up with some kind of plan. We can't just keep wandering around and hoping we'll keep bumping into people."

Edited by Fortune86

Micah frowned as Wisperlee introduced everyone - she was going awfully fast, and he was having trouble linking names and faces. He tried to remember names and who was who, but he had a feeling he was going to have trouble remembering later. Hopefully the others would be forgiving. He was more upset, though, at the fact that Wisperlee seemed to think that only the scum of the Earth would be left behind in the Rapture. Apparently she believed in the false doctrine of works, not grace.

His eyebrows rose slightly when the girl who had been arguing with the man outside - Erin? - added that there was some sort of ax-wielding crazy person with them, but he didn't have time to ask them why on earth they were traveling with someone like that before she and Wisperlee exchanged a quick back-and-forth of insults, and Wisperlee started heading for the door, muttering something about . . . getting a dog? What?

Not knowing what else to say in this situation, he murmured softly, "It's not just the scum of the earth who'll get left behind in the Rapture. In order to be one of God's children, you have to accept Jesus in your heart and ask him for forgiveness. Then his spirit will enter you and you'll be freed from your sinful nature. All men are born with sin in their hearts, deserving of Hell until they receive the love of Christ. Any who haven't will be . . . *were* left behind in the Rapture. I thought I had done so as well, but . . . " He trailed off sadly. He didn't really know if anyone was even listening to him, but for some reason he couldn't stop talking.

((GM Note: Please remember that this is a PG-13 forum and as such be careful a little with insinuations and language between characters. I have no problems with romances being initiated or insinuated, but please keep general forum rules in mind. This is a general reminder, not a specific warning as no complaints have been made.

Whisper: Character sheet has been updated - sorry, very long week with some bad shifts at work, slipped my mind to update it.))

Mak had seen the others out of the ambulance but remained at the slide-door by the side of the vehicle as Jaune and Erin exchanged barbs and missiles. His patience was not eternal either, however he was managing to cope a little more than the others with their least coherent member's antics. But even he had limits that he would rather not explore.

"Jaune," he said softly as the others moved inside, voices a murmur to them as the door swung shut to leave the two men alone. "Please, I understand Erin can be difficult to get on with, but throwing around balls of pain - especially in our main transport - is not the way to deal with it. And if you want to rest I'd rather it was inside; we're still not sure what happened and how it happened, and I don't want us split up or left vulnerable to...well, whatever it was." Fate, God, at this point even Arceus was as good an option as any.

"And the knives...put them away," he continued, and while his voice was still gentle it was clear that this was not some idle request. "I don't want you hurting anyone, or anyone taking it as a sign of aggression."

((No worries Fangirl smile.gif Just a note to all of us to remember what we can and can't explore on this forum, and to what extent. -KM))

Jaune heaved a sigh as Mak spoke, he replaced the knives into his onesie once more, and very elastically slid out of the ambulance, his back bending like a snake. He curled up into a ball and rolled himself a few meters away from the ambulance before once again assuming a limp form and lying flat on his back, though arched slightly due to the backpack.

"Why should it be called the Rapture? I thought the name Ragnarok was far more fun, plus it would indicate that we could see the Valkyrie flying down and smiting all the servants of the devil!" Jaune exclaimed loudly. He sat up not looking at anyone in particular and pointed forward.

"And Makky-boo I believe you mean balls of pain-t," Jaune rolled over in a fit of giggles. He then stood up and walked past everyone into the pub, his eyes searching for the bar. He hopped over the counter and grabbed a glass and pulled the lever on the tap. There was no sound as he pulled, and zero alcohol found its way into the glass. Jaune crouched down and looked up the pipe, he then pulled the lever again and nothing came out.

"Alas Lucy, looks like you shall not be getting any nourishment from this establishment... unless they have peanuts!" He exclaimed happily. Leaning forward and grabbing most of the packets of peanuts/pork scratchings. He then experimentally tried every other tap but only the water worked.

"Hmmm, interesting. I shall need a bow-tie! Roll up, roll up! Get your water! Oh wait, there are bottles," Jaune said turning and looking at the varying drinks in the cupboards and fridges. He pulled one out and examined it. Then sticking his tongue out in disgust he through the bottle over his head where it collided with a table and dully landed on the floor with an unsatisfying 'clunk'. Jaune looked over and frowned. Wasn't it supposed to shatter? That's what happened in all the movies! He hopped the bar again and walked over to the bottle glaring at it. He then began walking back and forth in front of it his arms behind his back.

"So Mr. Bottle, you refuse to shatter? Well I understand letting your lifeblood flow away wouldn't be on most peoples to-do lists... but when I throw you, you should shatter. Now I didn't want to but it appears we've come to this... we shall have to conduct the hearing right here!" Jaune flailed his arms in the air and placed Lucy on the table next to the bottle.

"Oh great judge Lucy! You have heard the evidence, what is your declaration!?" He cried starring at the insect. Lucy didn't say anything.

"Very well! Execution by beheading!" He exclaimed, then he lifted up the table Lucy was perched on and slammed the leg of it down onto the bottle, Lucy quickly hopped back up onto his shoulder. With a sickening crunch the neck of the bottle shattered beneath the wait and all the liquid inside poured out. Jaune shook his head in shame and then slid onto the counter of the bar and began to sleep.

((Hope thats okay, also Micah isn't on the character sheet))

Erin watched Juane's latest exploits with a blank face. She wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad thing that she was starting to become jaded toward his nonsensical outbursts. As he stretched out on the bar a little too close to her for comfort, she gestured between the two men she was addressing:

"Micah, axe-crazy man-child. Axe-crazy man-child, Micah."

She sat up to put some distance between herself and Juane's crazy.

(OOC: Kestra approved my form, but she hasn't added Micah's profile to the first post yet.)

Indeed, no one had listened to Micah's explanation of what constituted a follower of God, at least as far as he could tell. But did it really matter that much now? The Rapture had come and gone, and everyone here hadn't been taken. Would God even accept a new believer after the Rapture had occurred? He knew some people thought so, but he didn't know for sure. And, after all, he hadn't been taken either. He might not really be qualified to try to get them to see the truth.

He heard loud noises, and as he looked up to see what was going on, he saw a third young man in a cartoon jacket of some kind apparently talking to himself, making very little sense as far as Micah could tell. He flinched as the bottle he threw made a loud noise as it connected with one of the tables. This guy . . . Even Micah could tell that something was very off with him. A chill went through him as he remembered Erin say that they were traveling with a crazy person wielding an axe, or something similar.

Micah looked around at the other people in the bar, a slight hint of fear in his voice. "I'm sorry, I know you just all introduced yourselves, but I can't quite remember . . . None of you were named Lucy, right?"

((*faceplam* I had edited the sheet - and clearly forgot to press edit. Top tip; don't be a nurse if you expect to think straight at the end of your shift.))

Mak sighed. At least Jaune had put the knives away, although the exploding bottle trick didn't really make up for it. He was leaning on the door frame as he noted the newcomer - Micah, he presumed, unless Erin was using some obscure reference or insult. He glanced at Wisperlee, who seemed to be on her way out, then elected to answer the newcomer's question.

"Jaune's pet mantis is called Lucy," he explained, voice carrying a hint of weariness as he noted the remains of Jaune's latest exploit. "And I'm Mak."

Wisperlee passed Mak on her way out and, having a thought, beckoned him over. "I have something -" she said as she walked out with him. It wasn't a big deal, but it might be relevant later. Making sure that the others, especially Jaune, weren't in sight, she took the large jerry can of petrol out of her saddlebag. "In case the ambulance runs out," she said as she handed him the heavy can. She didn't bother to tell him not to let Jaune see it - that was a given.

Next she took a heavy bag of dog food out the other saddlebag and carried it over to the ambulance. A few more trips produced food and drink for the humans, until her saddlebags were nearly empty. There, she stood back and looked at her work with some satisfaction. Between the petrol and the food, the group's immediate needs were taken care of. Even Nougat wouldn't go hungry. That would tidy them over while she would ... what? Take a stroll? Ride off? She realized now that she wasn't sure.

"I want to go to London, Mak," she said almost absentmindedly as she climbed onto her bike.

Erin frowned at the newcomer. Honestly he kinda reminded her of her sister, God knew why. They didn't look or talk anything alike. Still, sisterly instincts are sisterly instincts. She got up and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, kid," she told him, "I won't let anything bad happen to you." She leaned in a little closer and lowered her voice. "If it's worth anything, I believe you about the Rapture."

Jaune raised his arm and pointed it upwards.

"Of course she believes you! She was the cause of it, the dirty witch is a servant of Darkrai god of nightmares!" Jaune said loudly. He then reached over and grabbed another bottle, as well as a cloth from inside his onesie.

"Does anyone know how to make a molotov cocktail? I hear witches don't like fire and the fumes might attract her to the flames if I miss..." Jaune said as he flicked the lid off of the bottle and stuffed the rag inside. He shook it slightly then sighed and dropped it on the ground.

"But you'll all yell at me and take the witches side if I do so, perhaps I shall find a more subtle way of subduing her. Does anyone have any holy water a cross a rainbowdash plushie and a can of tomato soup?" Jaune asked no one in particular, still lying down on the bar.

"Also If I were an axe-weilding crazy person I'd be both crazy and have an axe!" He exclaimed before bursting into more laughter.

"It would be great to have an axe, they're excellent for zombies. Chop, chop, chop. Hack, hack, hack... Alice in wonderland was a wonderful story," Jaune sighed happily before closing his eyes again.

"By the way how long do we plan on staying here? I hate this countries weather!" Jaune exclaimed.

Emily had quite enough of this bickering between everyone. It annoyed her cause almost everyone was jumping down each other’s throats and it was just getting to intense. All she knew was the fact that people has disappeared and only a few were left. From what she didn’t know, by whose hand she didn’t know. All she knew was she would never be able to get back home to see if her family had survived this. She knew it was selfish to think about her and her family but what else was she supposed to think at a time like this.

Digging in one of the fridges she gathered a couple of cans of cool drinks and a couple of water bottles. Placing them all on a tray she carried it to a random table, leaving it there if anyone wanted something. She then took herself two bottles of water. Giving a small whistle Nougat quickly hurried by her side and both making their way out.

“Here is some water. I hope that’s fine.” She spoke handing over one of the bottles to Wisperlee as she passed. “I’m going to stay outside for a bit to give her a bit of freedom.” Emily looked at Nougat. "I'll be back in a bit later"

"Then swim back to France," Erin suggested to Juane sharply, "you would by no means be missed." She cracked one of the cans of soda Emily had left out.

"Water is great, thanks," Wisperlee said as she took the proferred bottle. She screwed the top off and took a large gulp, then remembered to tell Emily about the food for Nougat.

"I left a large bag of main feed and a few more bags of treats in the ambulance. In case -" she fell silent, not sure what to say. In case she left? 

Looking at Emily and Nougat, she said on a whim: "Mind if I go with? I could use a change of scenery." She remained on the bike to indicate that she had a back-up plan and Emily was free to say no, but the offer was sincere. There was no harm in spending time with someone she did like and she could always head for greener pastures (or more agreeable people) later.

“Sure. I don’t mind.” Emily spoke looking over her shoulder. Continuing her way out she unclipped Nougat’s leash once again. “Sah! Sah!” she spoke and the dog immediately started running a head of them.

“Let’s hope she brings a stick and not a bird.” She spoke smiling a bit nervous. The last time she was at the park with the children and Nougat she also sent the dog to bring something to play with. What she brought in the end was a dead bird and that cause the kids to really freak out. But luckily she handled it by letting the children have a funeral for it and prayed that with went safely to heaven.

Wisperlee smiled as she watched Nougat run off. Relaxing a bit, she massaged her shoulder without realizing it - she was more tense than she thought.

"What do you make of your predicament?" she asked Emily. "Do you have any theory on what happened? I'm not even sure if the 'what' matters - it happens and now we deal with it. No use looking to the past - the future will be hard enough."

Micah brightened a bit when Erin said she believed him, even though he couldn't help but flinch a little as she put her hand on his shoulder. It was nothing personal - he just wasn't used to being touched by women that he wasn't related to, but he didn't say that. Even if she had seemed to be something of a shrew to Wisperlee earlier, maybe she wasn't quite as bad as she seemed.

He eyeballed Jaune warily as he continued to ramble on, eyes widening as he mentioned Darkrai. Apparently he had been completely sucked in to this devil game when he was younger, and was now a follower of Satan. Maybe that was why he seemed so unstable. The last thing Micah wanted was to be around a pagan devil worshiper, but he also didn't want to drive away the group that Jaune was traveling with, since they were the only other people he'd seen since the Rapture so far. He couldn't understand why the others were doing so in the first place. Even if most of them seemed to be unbelievers, they didn't seem to be actively following Satan, and they all seemed to dislike him in the first place, as far as he could tell.

Turning towards Erin, he glanced at Jaune out of the corner of his eye and asked the group at large but Erin in particular, "Are you sure he's safe to be around?" It was obvious who he meant.

Emily frowned and look to the ground. Her mind buzzed, but nothing really coming to a point. Wisperlee was right no point in think about the past, the future now is important.

“Well…” she started with a sigh. “I have no theory or what to think about what is happening but what I’m worried about is if people are gone how will everything hold together. I mean example at a power plant with no one there who will fix it if something over heats? Who will stop it from exploding? I mean things can only last so long. Or what about factories running automatically on machinery? Who will be there to keep them from… you know going kaboom?”

Emily looked to the sky watching a couple of birds flying over the small town. Her mind imagining some cities burning due to no one was there to fix it or stop it. The town they just left is a clear example. Fire but no firemen which equals to town burning down.

“I don’t know about you but it scares me.” She spoke looking at Wisperlee.

"For the most part, yeah" Erin nodded and dropped her hand, "he just talks too much. You gotta learn to tune him out."

Wisperlee thought about that. "I think Western power plants have safety mechanisms that trigger shutdown over explosions. I'm sure developmental countries and corrupt regimes don't have that luxury though. And eventually, of course, all factories and power plants will stop. It's been only a day so we still have internet and electricity, but that won't last long." She sighed at that - without the internet, many of Wisperlee's skills would be useless.

"Do you have any plans of where you want to go?" Wisperlee inquired of Emily. "I want to go to London - if there are people left in England, that's a natural place for them to migrate to."

((I really am considering having Wisperlee find a dog of her own. Maybe a German Shephard or a Mastiff. If anyone has objections to a second pet in the group, speak up now!))

“That’s the thing see. The country I am from doesn’t have that luxuries of equipment shutting them off if needed. Heck my country didn’t even think of building a new electricity power plant until the old ran out of juices” Emily finally saw Nougat running back with a branch in her mouth. She could only smile and wonder where in the world she would have gotten that or what tree she decided to destroy.

“Well I want to go home. I need to find out if my family is fine and still on this earth but that isn’t gonna happen. With no other means of transportation I’ll never get back to SA. I mean I doubt we have a pilot amongst us or a sailor. I have the skills to survive in the wild easily but to travel on foot back home would kill me first.” Emily spoke as she played a tug of war with Nougat and her branch. When she finally claimed the branch for herself Emily tossed it so that the pooch could fetch it.

“Is it selfish of me to think of my own needs rather than worry about the group?” she asked Wisperlee looking at her with a worried face.

((I think it all depends on Kestra but I wouldn't have a problem))