Kestra15

Rapture

Emily was slightly surprised that those two went basically on where they left off but then again she wasn’t sure if she should be surprised. With them out of the “taxi” Emily made her way out with Nougat but the young dog was reluctant to go into the building. She kept looking back as if she saw something when it finally hit Emily. The dog needs a bathroom break. There wasn’t much grass around so she just had to do where ever she has to. Emily clicked of the leash and told Nougat to do her thing. The lab quickly bolted behind the cars and down the road. Emily did a quick after her making sure the dog was still in eye sight. Nougat sniffed the new unfamiliar area and made her mark every now and then. When she gone a bit too far for Emily’s liking she gave a long high pitch whistle which cause the obedient pooch to hurry back satisfied of her job.

“Right girl. Let’s get going.” Emily spoke hooking the leash back on her collar. Both human and dog then returned to the pub finding a new face amongst them. Emily didn’t know what to make of it but she just took in a seat next to Wisperlee. Her attention was still drawn to the others when Wisperlee suddenly spoke to her.

“A thanks so much.” She spoke taking some of the dog food and placing it on the table. She quickly opened one of the doggy treats and held the open bag to Wisperlee. “You want to feed her?”

"OW!!" Erin yelped, bending her injured knee and finding it damp. The green on her fingers confirmed that it wasn't blood, but hers still boiled under her skin. "Oh, you little censorkip.gif!" she snapped. She scooped up the ball and hurled it back at him. It only connected with his shoulder where she'd meant to bean him in the head, but it was better than missing. She crossed her arms and rolled her head back toward James. "Remind me again why you didn't let me tie him up?" she asked.

Jaune grinned, he through the ball with a glance awkwardly behind him while lying down and still hit her, she was standing and had full maneuverability yet still missed.

"Clearly the good lord guided the ball away," He said quietly to himself. His grin grew wider as he heard Erin's exclamation towards James. He rolled over and sat up, only so that he could laugh at the look on her face before going back to sleep.

"He didn't let you because I'm the one with the rope!" Jaune called out to her, sliding the rope out of one of his sleeves and showing it to her. He then rolled back over and closed his eyes grinning at her misfortune.

It took a few minutes for Micah's brain to register the sound of someone speaking. He slowly looked up and, to his surprise, saw another person, another young man, standing next to him. Somehow he hadn't noticed him before, maybe because he was still so dazed over what had happened. Before he could say anything, another person walked in, a young woman, and promptly started arguing with . . . someone else who still seemed to be outside. Micah couldn't see him very well from where he was.

Micah didn't know why seeing other people surprised him so much. There were supposed to be others left behind on the Earth's surface for the Tribulation. It wasn't supposed to be just him. What did surprise him was how normally they were all acting. Didn't they realize that so many people were gone now? Were they really unaware that it was the Rapture, and what was in store for them?

Micah got out of his chair and rose to his feet, needing to move to work through the surprise that was flowing through his veins. "I- " he started, then stopped. He didn't know what to say in a situation like this, and needed to stop for a moment and compose his thoughts. "Do you all know what is happening?" he asked finally. With all the emotions running through his head, he hadn't really heard James' question.

(OOC: A little late now, but yeah, Micah's in the pub. Couldn't reply until now, been asleep.)

"I have absolutely no idea" said James with fake cheer. "One moment I'm...minding my own business, next moment, poof, everyone is gone."

He grew somber again and looked at the guy properly. He didn't seem too well. It looked as though he was preoccupied with something. That wasn't very surprising though.

"I just met these people maybe an hour ago. No one has any idea what is going on. Some poor woman has lost her kids even."

He put his head on one side.

"What about you? Got any clues?"

"I'd love to," Wisperlee took Emily up on her offer. "Maybe I should get a pet of my own. There must be a gazillion pets waiting for a new owner right now." She'd meant it as a quip, but it actually sounded like a good idea when she said it. Her parents had owned a dog when she grew up and she was very fond of animals. Though if she got a dog, she's need a sidecar for the bike.

She ignored Jaune and Erin, as their behaviour was still the same She was, however, happy to see Mak, Nay, Ari, Petra and James - it looked like they hadn't lost anyone on the way to Stanleytone. She also acknowledge the new person sitting next to James. "Hi, I'm Wisperlee," she introduced herself.

((Kestra - could I get a list of PCs with us at the moment? I don't think everyone from the character roster is here? I'm missing René and Tilly, I think?))

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Micah frowned as he heard the cheerful tone in the other man's voice. Was he really making light of the situation? His frown, if anything, grew more severe as the other man's voice grew more serious, and he asked Micah what was going on. Did he really not know? Before, Micah would have felt obligated to inform these people, who were surely unbelievers if they were still here, that they needed to accept Jesus into their lives if they didn't want to suffer in the afterlife, but did it really matter now?

"You don't know?" he asked the other man with a little surprise in his voice. He didn't know much about worldly culture, having been kept from it all his life, but he'd thought the idea of the Rapture was fairly well known, at least. "It's the Rapture. God has taken his children to Heaven with him, and everyone else has been left behind to suffer."

Wisperlee looked at the new man with large eyes. The rapture?? Did he just say that?? Although, she immediately admitted, it made as much sense as aliens or government conspiracies. She supposed she shouldn't judge people on their preferred ridiculous theory at a time like this, though she fervently hoped the religious fanaticism was limited to believing in god beaming everybody up.

James stared at the new guy for several seconds, then cracked up with laughter.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. 'The Rapture'."

He was having trouble holding it in and had to turn away. He'd believe aliens and zombies before he believed that crap. God's children? To heaven? People like Mr Durham? No way. No way in a million years. If anything Mr Durham would be burning in the lowest pit of hell.

Micah felt himself grow upset as the other man started laughing. He really could laugh at the idea of the Rapture, at God's wrath? When it was clear that so many people had been taken? "Why are you laughing at this?" Micah asked the other man indignantly. "It's clear it's the Rapture. So many people have disappeared with no trace. Can there be any other explanation?"

Micah noticed that a second woman had walked inside the pub, but seeing new people had ceased to really affect him at this point.

Before she could stop herself, Wisperlee softly elbowed James and made a 'shhh' face at him. Yes, the Rapture was a ridiculous idea, but she saw little need to laugh at the newcomer for it. It was impolite and, on a more philosophical level, Wisperlee saw no reason to distinguish one brand of crazy from another. People disappearing for no reason, or being raptured - did it really make a difference?

“Listen, no need to get hysterical or assume things. For all we know something else had happened. I don’t know what but let’s just calm down. Especially you two.” Emily spoke glaring Juane and Erin while giving the bag of doggie treats to Wisperlee.

“I’m getting something to drink… Do any of you want something?”

"Just ignore me" said James. "I'm having a very strange day."

He still hadn't turned back around to face the other two, but the laughter was dying down now. Instead he was left drawing in great breaths to try and steady himself. He leaned on the pub table for support and tried to collect himself.

When he finally thought he could keep a serious expression on his face he finally tuned to look at Rapture Man.

"Sorry. Your suggestion caught me a little off guard. I'm cool now. Never been much of a believer myelf, but I'm okay with other people who are. But if you start ranting on about pokemon too I will shoot you."

"Anything cold would be great," Wisperlee answered Emily while giving Nougat another treat.

"He's kidding," she hastened to explain to the newcomer. "No one is shooting anyone. We're just a little frazzled and really bad at making a good first impression."

Micah hadn't noticed the third woman come in, but he shot her a brief, disapproving glance when she spoke. Assume things? He wasn't assuming anything - it was clearly the Rapture! How come everyone was acting like they didn't know what was going on? It was very frustrating for him.

Then the other man spoke again. Micah was still upset about him at first, but he relaxed a little after he apologized, even if it was still clear he didn't take what he said seriously. And why should he care about what the man thought about believers? . . . Although it was at least clear that the other was an unbeliever now. That made Micah feel strangely better. It hadn't occurred to him that the other man was likely at least almost as shaken up by the day's events as he was.

But when Micah heard the last thing the other man said, it just made no sense to him. Pokemon? What was that? Micah's parents had made sure he was exposed to only Godly influences as a child, and a Japanese multimedia entertainment phenomenon about fighting monsters definitely wasn't on their short list. And whatever it was, he had no idea why talking about it would make someone want to shoot someone else. " . . . Pokemon?" he asked, hoping he didn't sound too ignorant but also that it would make the other young man explain his somewhat cryptic statement.

"Pokemon is a game" Wisperlee tried to alleviate the new guy's confusion. "And a comic book series. And a tv show. And a movie. Either way, don't worry about it."

"I didn't catch your name by the way?" which was a subtle way of reminding him that while she had introduced herself as Wisperlee, he was yet to show such courtesy.

Pokemon . . . now that he thought about it, he might have heard the pastor at his church warning the congregation about the its evils. Something about teaching children to train devils to fight each other to be introduced to Satanism? He didn't really remember considering the events today. But that really wasn't the thing that worried him the most about the other man's comment. "All right, but why would someone want to shoot someone else just for talking about it?" He knew he shouldn't really be surprised about the lack of morals nonbelievers had, but even so shooting someone just for bringing something up seemed a little extreme.

"And I'm Micah. Micah Shrader." Micah added when the woman who'd answered his question asked him to introduce himself. He really should have introduced himself before, it was bad manners not to, but he figured it was forgivable considering everything that was going on. "Uh, what's your name?" He had completely missed Wisperlee introducing herself earlier.

OOC: I missed Wisperlee introducing herself earlier so I decided to play it as if Micah hadn't heard it, lol

"I am Wisperlee," she deftly skipped over the fact that she had introduced herself before. "And he is not going to shoot you. There is someone in our company a little obsessed with Pokemon and it's wearing us all a little thin." That, and a bunch of other things that she decided not to mention now. "James was just joking. Badly" The last part was added with a pointed look at the biker.

James held up his hands to show defeat and indicate that he wouldn't be shooting anyone, at least not just yet. The absurdity of the situation was getting to him.

"So what makes you think this is the Rapture?" he asked Micah. "Apart from everyone vanishing I mean. As far as I know only the really bad people got left behind. Now I'm no angel, I'll admit that, but I would have thought that we'd have bumped into much worse folk by now."

Erin shrugged. "A few of us I could understand being left behind," she said with glance in Emily's direction, "and it's not like we have anything better to go on."

Wisperlee smiled at James to show that all was well. She didn't want to come across as overbearing or bossy, even if she did insist they could all stand to be a little civil to each other.

"If this is the Rapture," she gingerly said to Micah and Erin, "and all the evil people got left behind, then how come we're all being so civil? Well, for the most part. But this is not how I'd expect the scum of the earth to behave. No, I'm sorry Micah, but I don't believe this is the biblical Rapture for one moment."

"Aww, I'm touched," Erin gushed, "you don't think of me as the scum of the earth." She fixed her with a more serious look. "Why do you think I'm carrying a bread knife, ya yutz?"

Micah relaxed a little as the other man seemed to indicate he wouldn't really be shooting anyone. Though he wasn't really thrilled to learn that there was a . . . kid . . . ? traveling with these people's group obsessed with some demon game, at least there were people here now. Keeping company with unbelievers was at least better than being alone, or at least that was how he felt. "Hello, Wisperlee. Nice to meet you," he told the woman who had introduced herself, remembering his manners, and then turned to address the other two people who were questioning him about the Rapture.

"Well, what else could it be? I don't know of anything else that could make so many people vanish without a trace. And remember, this is just a small town. I'm sure most of the people who lived here are pretty wholesome. I'm sure in the more populated areas we'd find more people who are still here," he said in response, to James' question, his brain starting to work as he began to relax now that he was regaining at least some sense of normalcy. He did wish he knew more about the Rapture though. Since his family had believed in dominion, he'd never learned about it in much detail, but there were supposed to be some people who could tell you every little thing about it and what was supposed to happen afterwards. "Not to mention, you can never know where a person's heart lies. Only God knows his own," he added.

Micah glanced around as more people entered the bar. It seemed there were a lot of people in this group, people he didn't know . . . Micah wasn't used to being around so many strangers. It was fine when there had been only one or two of them, but now he was beginning to feel slightly intimidated. "Would the rest of you mind introducing yourselves? I'd like to know everyone's name," he asked a little hesitantly.

Wisperlee tried to suppress the headache she felt coming on. Why was everything Erin said either a crude come-on line, or a crude insult.

"If you were the scum of the earth," she decided to be blunt, "you would have killed Jaune by now, or raped James here. So no, I don't think you're scum. As a matter of fact, going on the lack of either homicide or sexual assault, I think none of us are."

Then, turning back to Micah, she introduced the others for him. "You already know our names - James, Erin and Wisperlee. Guy over there is Mak. Girl with the dog is Emily - dog's name is Nougat. Dancer over there, with the long blond hair, is Ari and the redhead next to her is Nay. And that's Petra with the curls." Had she missed anyone? She supposed Jaune had remained in the ambulance - that or he was setting the town ablaze again.