TJ09

2014-04-15 - May Release Info

While I'm still not fond of having anything less than 24 hours to get a new egg with a "Egg stolen on: [Release date]", I like the Saturday afternoon release better than one on Sunday afternoon. I'm more apt to be traveling long distances on a Sunday, allowing even less time to catch eggs on the day of their release. As always, looking forward to any new releases! biggrin.gif

The birthday event, is that like snow wars or a release?

Last year eggs were released for seven days it was awesome happy.gif

Whoo...hard to believe the DC Birthday is coming up again. Feels like only a little bit ago.

Last year eggs were released for seven days it was awesome happy.gif

blink.gif

Your idea to me is worrisome. tongue.gif

I just wonder what craziness will be released on us.

Do you think in 6th months, someone will design an eclipse dragon for October. Wait, that's the Halloween release. Maybe the eclipse after that? April 4, 2015 would be the best date.

*sigh* My work schedule has me working both the 3rd and the 21st, so no eggs from either for me. :/

I hate being an adult. Guess I'll be using up my work breaks trying to catch eggs on my phone...

If there is a week long release, I really hope there isn't another super rare dragon release. Coppers just make me so angry even now because they're ridiculous to get, people want extravagant things in trade for them, and once they're grown up on your scroll they're all but useless on their own. From what I've seen, 2nd gens are pretty much worthless, CB coppers as adults are only useful with breeding with specific lineages, like EGs, prizes, etc. I like how they look, they're cool and I don't regret getting 2 of each color, but them being released in the middle of the 'week'(and having two color variants, no less!) made a whole lot of people butthurt. I still have only my original 6 (1 of each gender of each color) plus one which I tried to trade for weeks because I had a refusal.... an annoying event all its own. Blusangs all over again.

So.... week long release is ok if we get enough warning and if there isn't a rare included. I remember coppers mixing in with normals halfway through the day, if not sooner than that.

May is a time of much stress and hand-wringing (testing, oh noes) but this'll be fun! Looking forward to all of the awesomeness expected on the birthday date.

I'd forgotten about DC's birthday, it rolls around fast every year. Happy Early Birthday, Dragon Cave! Thank you TJ, for this early notice, I have time to plan.

A quick question: since we will have two releases in May, will the May release (the monthly release) feature less breeds since another release will be right behind it?

TJ did write birthday event, not necessarily that's also a release.

TJ did write birthday event, not necessarily that's also a release.

Well the last two had Dragon releases for DC's birthday.

Unless TJ wants to shift back to the other extreme and release nothing in order to even out the massive upheaval of last time. I only have 8 coppers on my scroll.

I hope this won't be a 1-a-day for eight days release, lol. It would be chaos, trying to get all of the eggs and have room for them all.

There is at least one feature rumored to be near completion, and I hope it's part of the birthday package.

Whatever is planned, whether Festival of Eggs, May release or Birthday Extravaganza. I'm ready! biggrin.gif

Thank you TJ.

As an Australian I thank you for changing to Saturday EST. This means that the release will NOT be Early morning (3am) Monday in Australia (and other Oceania/Asia areas)

Edited by aphroditesky

Ehehehe that reminds me that a completed request I really liked had 15 different color forms. >:3 It's disappeared from the CL now but of course I don't know if it's going to be released someday or if it was removed because there was no way it could be put in-cave with that many colors.

...now when you're mentioning it, oh dear. How did I fail at noticing such massive project disappear? ._. Either way, I'm still excited to see it in the cave someday.

Nummy nummy new releases! Thanks for letting us know the plan, Mr. TJ Bossman!

Or one dragon with 8 variants/alts (I think such crazy things happened already on the Completed list). As a sprite collector, I would love this so much.

Yessss, I'd love a breed with a million different alts-- so great for both collecting and complex lineage projects. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ^.^