TJ09

2014-04-15 - May Release Info

... Saturday 1PM? I have school that day! Oh well, time to sneak my phone in class that day. X3 Thanks TJ for the notice!

Actually, I think it'll work a lot better for others, since that means people across the world can get a chance to stay up for the release.

(Also yay! DC's birthday is coming up faster than I thought.)

The second is DC's birthday (May 21), which falls on a Wednesday this year. The event will begin at midnight EST (that is, the time after 11:59:59 on May 20), and details will be announced at that time.

Super, as long as it's not a massive release like last year, I still haven't recovered blink.gif

Super, as long as it's not a massive release like last year, I still haven't recovered blink.gif

Aww, I thought that was so much fun xd.png Crazy, but fun! Looking forward to seeing what we end up with this year.

Heck yeah, advance announcements of schedule changes. biggrin.gif

And so many events coming up, oh my goodness. This is gonna be great.

Thank-you TJ for responding to the requests for an earlier notification when there are changes. And for having multiple events next month, even though that puts a heavier workload on yourself, it is truly appreciated. I have enjoyed the recent improvements you've made to DC and experimenting to try to find the best/a better way to accommodate all players as much as possible. Not an easy task when you're addressing a global audience! Your hard work is much appreciated!!

Good to know - thanks for the Heads up!

Not sure which I am looking forward to more; The May release or the Birthday

This is a great heads-up on the events to come! Thank you, both to TJ, and all the artists who are involved in the creation of these events! <3

Still sticking with that horrible afternoon timeframe, I see. Well that's awful. At least it wasn't left ambiguous, but it's still an unfortunate time to release eggs.

Still sticking with that horrible afternoon timeframe, I see. Well that's awful. At least it wasn't left ambiguous, but it's still an unfortunate time to release eggs.

I'm sorry you're upset/disappointed, but TJ is trying to make it so a wider audience can reach the release. Unfortunately, due to having players with a variety of schedules in a variety of timeframes, we will never be able to have a release time that all players agree upon. While this time may be worse for you, keep in mind it may be better for others. I know it sucks that it's not a good time for you, but that doesn't automatically make it awful or horrible for the site as a whole.

Thank you very, very much for the heads-up! smile.gif Hugely appreciated! user posted image On behalf of an Australian friend of mine (who rarely posts), thank you so much for the Sunday-to-Saturday change, too.

I like this time change. Huzzah!

I'm sorry you're upset/disappointed, but TJ is trying to make it so a wider audience can reach the release. Unfortunately, due to having players with a variety of schedules in a variety of timeframes, we will never be able to have a release time that all players agree upon. While this time may be worse for you, keep in mind it may be better for others. I know it sucks that it's not a good time for you, but that doesn't automatically make it awful or horrible for the site as a whole.

It's mainly worse for me because of the sheer number of people who will be there at release. It'll be a wider audience true, but a wider audience means a larger number of people all clamoring for the same number of eggs. The cave will be congested and dragons will be scarce. That'll effect everyone, not just people for whom midnight was more convenient.

Edited by BlindWolf

It's mainly worse for me because of the sheer number of people who will be there at release. It'll be a wider audience true, but a wider audience means a larger number of people all clamoring for the same number of eggs. The cave will be congested and dragons will be scarce. That'll effect everyone, not just people for whom midnight was more convenient.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8164024

The number of eggs already scales exponentially with the number of users online.

The two bits in italics make the egg generation generally in your favor--even if not everyone online is hunting for eggs, the site will generate more eggs, and it generates even more eggs to compensate for increased difficulty when there's a lot of people.

EDIT: this isn't a new thing, by the way. been happening for a long time. Unless you thought I just sat there and picked numbers of eggs to drop every hour.

More people around may cause some lagging issues, but eggs are created proportional to traffic. ^^

While I'm not a fan of the new time for drops, I didn't see that there was any increase in the crowd to pick up new eggs. I caught eggs faster than I have for most of the recent drops, so it was get in, get eggs, get out.

Since this game is popular around the world, no matter what time TJ picks, a third of the players are likely to be sleeping, or another third in school or at work, depending on the day of the week. I did like the night time drops here, versus the new time, which is busy mid-morning here.

Yep, Easter is next Sunday (April 20). The yearly Festival of Eggs will be making a comeback. Look for a news thread this weekend.

Brilliant! I've been looking forward to this! biggrin.gif

Really excited! Will get my mind off of recent events! biggrin.gif