Darien

Trains...

I very much like trains. Most Wednesdays I ride the Adelaide Metro from the hills to the city and back again. Said line happens to pass by our garden by a few metres and both passenger and freight trains pass by regularly. My dad is the biggest train enthusiast in our family and he has an HO set in a personal garage and a G set in the garden. I'd say he's passed his enthusiasm onto me, because I have always loved helping him work on both sets and I now have an N scale set under construction in my room.

user posted image

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Nice train set Rmpaging wyvern, I always liked the old Santa Fe F-9 with the warbonnet...

I've never been on Amtrak, how long did it take you too get too California by train?

Sorry, late reply. :/ It only took us 1 day (plus overnight), mind you we had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch the train.

My reaction when a train pass by (at less than 100 foot of house): aaarrrgggg I HATE TRAINS

(we moved 2 months ago... and we're closer of the track than before (not in same town)

I hate train since I went in rocky mountains in Alberta (Canada) for a week and hear train days long and night long...

I used to work on a boat and at the port, there is also a boat for trains and hated when I was there and they were loading the boat just horrible sounds. One they I was working, and in the middle of the crossing we saw the other boat and my boyfriend (as a co-worker) just look at me at say: tchooo tchooo and pointing by the window... I wanted to punch him mad.gif

Sorry, late reply. :/ It only took us 1 day (plus overnight), mind you we had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch the train.

That's ok, only 1 day that's not bad time, I got up at 4am when I take the bus...

I like trains. I used to ride them back in Germany too, but here in Japan they're a must because we don't have a car. I've also ridden several times on Shinkansen, but I also once rode on local trains for ~7 hours each way from Tokyo to Nagoya and back.

My husband is a Railfan, he's ridden most lines in Japan and also - compared to me - many in foreign countries. We both like to travel and he has to go abroad for work as well, so...we use them a lot! smile.gif

My uncle drives a train. He killed someone a couple months ago. The guy pulled out in front of the train, was looking the wrong way, and didn't check the other way until just before he was hit.

I've ridden a train maybe twice in my life. They rarely passed through where I grew up, but my college campus is in a town that formed around a railroad so trains still come through there quite a lot, and loudly. At all hours of the day and night, too.

I take trains all the time. They're the best way to get around here if you don't have a car...

They're used so often they're usually pretty gross, actually :/ Also, only the international trains come with diner cars. Local trains often don't even have a restroom. Or if they do, they're WAY too gross to use.

My longest train journey was from Brussels to London this year smile.gif Was an interesting ride. And a lot quicker than I expected!

I've never been on a train, but I want to, because trains are AWESOME! Trains~!

My uncle drives a train. He killed someone a couple months ago. The guy pulled out in front of the train, was looking the wrong way, and didn't check the other way until just before he was hit.

Sadly that happen a lot people just don't stop and look, always stop and look for the trian or this could hannpen too you!...

I love trains. Not as much as cars, but I do love trains. I recently took a long train ride from Chicago, IL to Albany, NY. It was great until the train kept having to stop for some unknown reason, causing a delay of over three hours. x_x

I absolutely love listening to trains, especially at night.

I've been on trains to go to New York and Boston. I enjoy taking the train but it get's kind of creepy when it get's late at night.

I used to watch a ton of Thomas the Tank Engine as a child, so I ended up liking trains. They aren't much of a thought to me now, but they are still quite interesting to me.

There weren't any trains in the city I grew up in, so I don't think I'll ever get over the novelty of riding an actual train. I also prefer them way over busses - they're just so much smoother and roomier, and just nicer.

There's a train station in the area I live in, so I ride the train a lot. They makes my ears get all clogged, but they're very comfortable, which makes up for the ear-clogging. I do like watching trains whoosh by, though.

There was a little train station we're I live in, I used too go down too the station and watch as the trian's passed by and think how great it would be too work on the railroad...

There is an active/live railroad track running near my townhouse complex. I don't see the trains from my home but I do hear them several times an hour.

Anyone ever see "SilverStreak"? Love that comedy.

Edited by DustyBelle

My dad's hopped a freight train before. Apparently it was with the driver's permission; dad and a friend rode in the second locomotive's cab.

A couple of weeks ago dad, my older sister and I decided to test out one of the new electric trains that have been running on select lines to and from Adelaide. They are so much smoother and quieter than the older ones!

I've never been on a train before but I've seen them and there's one tht goes through part of my town and a couple of times my family was on the way to some place and we had to stop before the railroad tracks because there was a train going by and seems like every wednesday night at church I hear the whistle of the train. One time I was outside for my sundayy school group and the train went by the church because the tracks are just beyond our church I asked my friend what she would do if she saw people jumping off of that train.

I've been on weird underground train things? I don't know if they're actually trains, but people tell me they are. I've never been on actual above ground ones, but I used to be obsessed with train toys when I was little.

I absolutely HATE trains. One of my weaknesses it that I have MAJOR motion sickness. The only vehicle that I'm able to ride in are cars that have leather seats (weird right?). That last time I went on a train I ended up passing out because the rocking made me get sick.

Wow! I can't ride backwards on one.

I had to get rid of my hubby's train set tracks on 8x4 oe 6 foot pieces of plywood. It hurt. He and his dad had buldt the sets years ago for his HO train set.

Trains are interesting and can be sooting to ride on especially at night.