Darien

Trains...

I've hoped a freigth train or two in my days, that's about the only riding I've done...

I bet that was fun

I walk home from school over train tracks every day

I used too walk on the rails on my way home from school...

My uncle is one of the best model train enthusiast out there. He's won awards in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona...he's Russel Reading if you guys want to look him up. He's truly fantastic at what he does. ♡

I really like trains! Not to the point of being an enthusiast, but I think they're neat and wish there were more of them where I live.

Since I often get motion sickness (especially with planes, to the point where being in an airport makes me nauseous), it's hard to travel sometimes. But I've found that trains are actually very soothing for me!

When I studied abroad in Germany, I was able to catch an S-Bahn/U-Bahn almost anywhere I needed, and also took a high-speed train across the country. Of course, it's back to cars or walking now that I'm in my little slice of America again, but it was great while it lasted. ^^

Well, I take the train to work and uni^^

In Switzerland, a lot of people commute by train, we have a pretty good system, so it's easy. As long as it's not too long a way, or too full, it's actually pretty relaxing!

We hear trains at night, it's annoying because you'll be trying to sleep and then TRAAAAAAAIN.

I take the train to go to school, or just to go somewhere in the country. I like it though, I make my homework on it, I read or listen music. It's really fun when you're alone in a wagon c: It feels like the whole train is your privacy. Sadly I have to wake very early to get the right one, but what can you do about that tongue.gif

I've been on a couple of trains

They're okay

It'd be fun to go on a really fast one though

Back when I was going too high school in Tokyo I would ride the bullet trains. I would get a JRP and ride the trains from Tokyo out too Fukuoka, Kanazawa, Niigata, Sendai or down too Kagoshima...

I kind of hate the one they're building here, but other than that, I'm neutral.

The one they're building here is the stupidest idea the senators have made yet.

I don't like the looks of the Amtrak passenger trains, they are ugly. I love the old EMD GP38-2 and GP50...

I prefer plains for longer distances, 9 hours on a train i s booooooring! A plain flies that distance in 45-50 mins. But I love them for shorter distances though. Snd it's usually a cheap way of traveling, so that's nice smile.gif

I don't think so, you miss so much beautiful country side by flying...

I live a few minutes away from my city's west train station, which is also the biggest of the four major stations here. I don't really ever travel by train unless it's for a school trip though. :b

It's always really busy here with taxis and cars coming and going constantly, dropping people off and picking people up. Sometimes after school when I'm trying to get a taxi home the drivers refuse me because the traffic is such a nightmare. Takes about an hour for me to get home by car when there isn't much traffic, but other times 2~3 hours on really bad days.

I wish my house was close too the train tracks, I have been looking for a house close by the tracks...

I really like trains, they're pretty cool. I've only been on one for about an hour, though. I liked looking at the stuff when they flew by ;P

One of the thing I enjoy is too count the box cars as they go by, got as high as 200 one time...

I'd swear that the closest train tracks to my apartment are across a busy freeway and on the other side of a hill line several miles away, so you'd think I wouldn't be able to hear them from my place. but at night, when it's quiet, we can clearly hear a train off in the distance... either there's another train line that's closer, or there's some really weird sound amplification going on, or--there's a ghost train. there was a train line that ran right down at the bottom of the hill we live on, but that line was torn up forty years ago... (ghost train)

I love to travel by train. n v n There's something really cozy and calming about it. Even though waiting for a train makes me feel nervous, getting inside one makes me feel more relaxed, even if I am going to a place that actually causes the nervousness (for example meetups, conventions etc.).

I must also add that it feels really cool to travel by train during the night. I might be a night person, so that pretty much explains it.