grimace

Replace "breed" with "species"

I'm fine with either one, really. There are descriptions that bother me WAY more than this particular distinction.

Landraces or strains are what breeds are called when natural *snip*.

I love these terms!

Landrace Landrace this dragon with a (fe)male, potentially producing eggs.

Or, alternately:

Strain Strain this dragon with a (fe)male, potentially producing eggs.

tongue.gif Very politically correct and PG, isn't it?

I love these terms!

Landrace Landrace this dragon with a (fe)male, potentially producing eggs.

Or, alternately:

Strain Strain this dragon with a (fe)male, potentially producing eggs.

:P Very politically correct and PG, isn't it?

That doesn't work. In this case, landrace or strain = breed as in the different types of creatures.

The actions you're trying to replace is the breed that means 'mate' or 'produce offspring'. It doesn't work.

I also have no idea what landrace or strain means without looking it up, and it does not mean thy produce eggs. "Strain" as a verb sounds horrible, too.

Who brought this back? o: I thought it was fairly settled that the majority thought breed was fine.

That doesn't work. In this case, landrace or strain = breed as in the different types of creatures.

The actions you're trying to replace is the breed that means 'mate' or 'produce offspring'. It doesn't work.

I also have no idea what landrace or strain means without looking it up, and it does not mean thy produce eggs. "Strain" as a verb sounds horrible, too.

I know. I was just fooling around. (But, seriously - can you imagine what a 10-year-old who reads about "landracing" their dragons to produce eggs must be thinking? biggrin.gif)

Seriously, though, I somehow doubt that the verb "landrace" actually exists - but if it does, I'd think it must have something to do with racing over land. (If you then consider that, in fantasy literature, dragons often do put up aerial displays or the male even has to catch the female, "landrace" is a pretty cool term for this.) Strain, however - well, it does allude to the physical exertion the "breeding process" causes, so it isn't that far off. ;-)