TehUltimateMage

Animorphs: Redux (OOC)

Hey everyone! I'm the new guy Mage roped into joining up, excited to get the party started! Here's Roderick the jerk jock guy.

Name: Roderick

Physical Appearance: Roderick is muscular and big, standing at 5’10. Between being African-American and spending a lot of time outside he’s pretty dark skinned. His black hair is cut very short and gets curly when grown out. He's for a square face with a big jaw and brown eyes. The nose is a little crooked from that one time he broke it and decided to let it be (two weeks later it had to be re-broken to straight it out).

He's also got some sick scars he likes to show off, cause when you survive doing stupid things you damn well make sure people know about it. Roderick's injury history is pretty colourful. As far as personal style goes he goes for a balance between what's hip and cool at the moment and what's good for running around like a maniac in- brand stuff, sports stuff, t-shirts and shorts no matter the temperature. Not that it probably snows much in their town, but Roderick is absolutely the kind of person to be wondering around in the dead of winter wearing shorts. Casual and a little whatever, that's the Roderick way.

His morphing outfit is a squat suit, like those used in power lifting. Walk, walk fashion baby.

Personality: Roderick’s a big, blunt presence. He may not be completely eager to start ACTUAL conflict, but he’ll sure finish it if you challenge him. Placidly callous, he’s pretty easygoing and lazy about things, preferring to chill and not take things so seriously. He'll get extremely stubborn if you try encroaching on his relaxed attitude, however. Unsurprisingly, school is not his favorite thing, only really putting in effort for the sake of keeping good enough grades to stay on the football team, something he's passionate about. Get Roderick motivated, and he'll launch himself at it.

Roderick is more of a follower in things, pushing around and bullying others both because he can/it’s fun and as a “big guy jock” he’s “supposed to”. When it comes to fights, he likes to be more powerful than the opposition for a guaranteed win. If he isn't...well, Roderick's likes thrills, but he knows bad chances when he see's them. He's not exactly enthusiastic about being an underdog, and would prefer to simply avoid the conflict and resulting loss if he can. He's introverted and isn't likely to really instigate anything, but he's the furthest thing from shy and won't hesitate to rise to a physical dare, challenge, or competition.

Straightforward, impulsive, and adrenaline fuelled, if a crazy stunt is needed then Roderick is the man to pull it off. Whether it’s for the sake of the world or in the name of a few extra bucks, Roderick’s probably up for it. Subtlety is absolutely not a strong point, ever, and has a large temper on a long fuse.

(Preferred) Morphs:

Battle: Gorilla, Spotted Hyena

Flight: Golden Eagle, Pidgeon

Other: Black Pomeranian (AKA Mitzi the family dog)

Background: He is the youngest in his family. Roderick has lived in the one town and house all his life and has always been very active, being on various sport teams since he was young, though he seems to have found his niche in high school football. Being the “baby” of the family, he isn’t very independent and is used to being the one sympathized with and getting his way with things.

Relationships:

Parents: Now that the middle son’s gone off the collage all their attention is on Roderick. It’s slightly smothering, he kind of wishes they'd stop. They’re alright, as far as parents go, but he feels like he can’t/doesn’t want to live up to the grandiose things they expect out of him; stuff like collage, jobs, the adult world in general. Roderick deals with it by not thinking about it.

Older Siblings: Aaron and Brodie are 5 and 3 years older, respectively, and have both moved out and gone to university. Brodie’s stuck around town while Aaron’s gone elsewhere and comes back for holidays.

Contact Information: I’ve got Skype and/or an email address you can get me at if you ask

Misc.: As a point of interest he’s definitely a 9w8 on the enneagram and probably an ISTP Myers-Briggs wise.

Edited by emberwing

Lovely x3 The Mexican/Phillipino and African-American are proud scar bearers. |D However, I think Roderick will have a harder time trying to create a cover story for why his scars are suddenly gone after his first morph ;D

Also, would it be okay to add a Red-Tailed Hawk to Simon's flight morph? I originally thought about the Long-Tailed but it's a bit out of the region |D

Ye ye ye now's the time to change around morphs (especially since I'll be changing around Lauren's morphs!). I called it. Simon was Tobias all along.

@emberwing: I feel like you have got the essentials, even though it might need a bit more padding/description. Did I mention I love (B)Roderick, who happens to be Accepted? (Everyone else is free to give friendly advice on the off-chance that I'm biased here)

Glad we got this fixed! We should modify our posts to allow for Roderick to be an Animorph... As sson as we figure out what to do about Abigail's absence.

Also glad we decided on roles for everyone. Perhaps something about that should be in the main post to be kept track of.

Edited by Coryn02

I added roles next to character names under their specific notes on the colorful document.

Edited by Narvix

Thought you guys should know, but in a few days here I be absent for a while in order to spend time with family. I don't know when I will return, but I may check in every now and again if I can.

Like I asked on the Chatzy, thoughts on being able to thought-speak images? It was retconned in later books but it would make sense to be able to project pictures as well. Which leads to the question: why don't Andalites choose to use words over images to communicate in the first place?

I'm all for it. I mean, didn't Elfangor bombard Tobias's mind with several images?

Additionally, Elfangor had provided the group an image of what a Yeerk looked like.

Edited by Narvix

Unfortunately, our chatroom has been invaded by some flammers/spammers/lowlives.

I also bear witness to this. It is, of course, possible that only one person with the use of multiple tabs of our chat open used many accounts. It seems possible, given that none of them talked at once. I suggest we make the discussion chat private for our use, and open a new "public" chat.

Oh yeah. I should probably warn the rest of you. Last night I was proposing a change in the morphing mechanics that removes a lot of the inconsistencies in the series:

When you morph, your entire body gets shoved into Z-space, intact. Your morph then gets constructed from DNA. When you demorph, your body gets pulled back exactly as it was, wounds and all (plus, you get to keep your rad haircut). This means if you get fatally injured in human form, it's essentially game over unless you Nothlit yourself. I think this is how Applegate wanted morphing to be like at first (in the first book, morphing did not heal injuries on the base form).

I'll be on Chatzy tonight. Tell me what you think.

Can I add the White-tailed kite to Simon's list of morphs? This will be his primary bird morph for things such as observation from a distance due to sharp eyesight.

EDIT: Let me do this -

Battle: Western Grey Kangaroo [Primary] and Grey wolf - coyote hybrid [secondary]

Flight: White - Tailed Kite [Primary] and Great Swallow - Tailed Swift [secondary]

Extras: Shetland Sheep Dog [AKA Sheltie], Boa Constrictor, and Blue Tit

Remove the Hammock Weaver Spider.

If it's too much, let me know and I can get rid of one or two. |D

Edited by Narvix

While we're changing morphs, I'd like to change Taylor's main battle morph to a jaguar, as well as give her a elephant for a secondary battle morph.

I set up a collab post document. So far, I'm working on Simon's post and Coryn has added some bits to it. If any of you guys (Mage, Backup, Ember) want to add to it as well, you can. Just let me know and I'll send you the link. I'll wait a day or two before posting to make sure people in our group knows and can get what they want in it.

I would make my best attempt to pump out a post today, but unfortunately I have to do lots of homework I couldn't catch up on in the week. It'll probably be later, if at all.

How is everyone doing? ^^

Pretty good. Swamped with work. I am free for tonight, although I don't know if I can work up the nerve to get a post going.

Aw. Doesn't work suck? :v

I think we're getting off-topic. We need to talk about the RP now.

We do need to get the ball rolling again. So somehow we got to slot time for posts to make the story keep going. Once we get past the construction site it should be much easier.

(Homework does suck, yes)

Edited by Coryn02

Agreed. I sort of seeing this happening a few times over where we get stuck/slowed down at critical points in the RP because, after all, it's going to add to the plot/development and we want to make sure everyone partakes appropriately.

Eyo. Just checking in with y'all to make sure you're alive and kicking (and wishing good luck to anyone doing NaNo like I am!)

Unless anyone objects, I'll be bringing up an update post this weekend with a teeny tiny little bit of godmodding (moving people around as I send some Hork-Bajir after you guys). Andrew can wrap up the memory passing thing and then we'll fast forward to the morning after. Sound good?

In addition, I'll be calling an official chatzy meeting Thursday night (i.e. tomorrow) from about 9PM EST to midnight, but I will also be on Friday. We might pick up a day and time of the week to assemble instead of constantly missing each other.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I'll be there!

I completely forgot about NaNo but I've been worrying over how I might do on my Physics exam tomorrow.

I like the idea of an update post. I've already posted Simon's brain overload and he won't be actively working to decipher it all until the next day or two. So, it all sounds good to me.

;-; I'm sorry. I forgot. I've been sick all week, leaving me tired and filling my days with Yu-Gi-Oh episodes.

Please forgive me! *bows for forgiveness*

I totally missed the meeting! I feel terrible now.

I'll try to check in every evening I can.