TehUltimateMage

Animorphs: Redux (OOC)

Did a quick little photoshop. Never underestimate the power of digital manipulation!

user posted image

Nice job! It looks quite a bit like how I envisioned it now.

user posted image

Here's a cougar for you. Wonder how it will turn out.

I actually see no difference between the two.

I had to use another cougar. Hope you don't mind.

It's fine. I actually figured you would, anyway.

I'll admit there isn't much physical difference. Andrew's personality matches well with that of the cougar, so it works mentally too.

Just so we don't waste everyone's valuable sleep hours, we can call a chatzy meeting only when we need to discuss something.

Speaking of discussion, let me paste the chat prompt here (mostly for Coryn):

the next topic of discussion is first morphs, and how we're going to discover the yeerk pool (jake had his lizard morph find an entrance, but do we want something different ? ) 

Well, I know I would like Simon to try out either the Sheltie or the Blue Tit morph as his first one.

For the Yeerk pool, I think we should either take the same approach with the lizard or think about a fly-on-the-wall action. Then again, it might be too soon to be giving any of our characters nightmares associated with that morph. So, as it stands right now, I'm voting lizard.

Just so we don't waste everyone's valuable sleep hours, we can call a chatzy meeting only when we need to discuss something.

Speaking of discussion, let me paste the chat prompt here (mostly for Coryn):

the next topic of discussion is first morphs, and how we're going to discover the yeerk pool (jake had his lizard morph find an entrance, but do we want something different ? ) 

I'm thinking a rat. A common rat is about the same size as a lizard, and while it has the same fear reaction as a rat does, rats are notable more intelligent and probably easier to control. They also probably don't cause as many nightmares. They're also easier to find.

EDIT: Page 5 already? Wow.

Edited by Coryn02

I've got like the first paragraph of the RP written down. Do we want it in this topic (since most of our chit-chat is on Chatzy anyway), or should I post a IC in the unapproved section?

I've got like the first paragraph of the RP written down. Do we want it in this topic (since most of our chit-chat is on Chatzy anyway), or should I post a IC in the unapproved section?

I think you should make a new IC topic, for ease of organisation. I'm fine either way.

You should have the Google Doc linked in the main post of the OOC as well.

Edited by Coryn02

I just added the links.

Do you think Moonbeam has problems with Chatzy?

Perhaps. I think she is simply busy. Or maybe she is on a mobile and has my problem.

EDIT: Good news, everyone! I got my problem fixed. I can chat on my mobile now!

Edited by Coryn02

Alright, before I make a post and possibly screw up, do we post in third person like we do in any thread with our style or should we try to match the style of the writer using first person?

You can go in third person. It gives insight to your character and lets you control them. What I'm going for is having the first person parts kind of standalone, so the story still makes sense if you skip the third person parts (if that makes any sense). biggrin.gif

It sounds good on paper, though I don't know how it will work in practice.

You can go in third person. It gives insight to your character and lets you control them. What I'm going for is having the first person parts kind of standalone, so the story still makes sense if you skip the third person parts (if that makes any sense). biggrin.gif

It sounds good on paper, though I don't know how it will work in practice.

I guess we can try it out for a bit. I'm not quite sure how we should go forward with this. Having only one person post in first-person will prevent early character development for everyone, but going third-person detracts from the idea of remaining faithful to the series, where every book is following the experiences of one character.

You can develop your character all you want in third person. The first person is really just there for stylistic purposes -- the whole thing could just as easily be in third.

It has been noted that in the books we never really keep track of the Escafil device (the morphing cube). I propose that while it is kept at Lauren's house in the beginning, it should be later given to any Chee the Animorphs meet. I suggest their appearance in the story for this purpose and others, as well as remaining faithful to the story.

I rather second this notion actually.

Also, how long will we wait for Moon?

Pardon my lack of faith, but I am not entirely sure she will be returning at all.

Aaannnggssstt~

Should we open a spot for a new applicant? I've heard that Moon tends to disappear off the face of the Earth for several months without a word.

Additionally, we can still be planning things. Maybe not on Chatzy at the same time but we still have use of the OOC thread.

What we have for the first event in the first arc:

Everyone's grouping together at the mall to head home in the dark and pass through the creepy-scary abandoned construction sight. Buddy system!~

Anyways, the lovely group of bookworm heros encounter Elfangor and Andrew gets the Escafil device. Simon stays behind for a few moments longer (I don't think it'll be because Elfangor is his long lost daddy) and learns a few things that he'll eventually get around to sharing with the others when it's needed but could have been useful to know sooner.

We plan for them to run away through the construction site just like in the book. Fun~ Lauren's gonna have a near death experience and swap places with a homeless man just looking for sleep.

This all set?

Aaannnggssstt~

Should we open a spot for a new applicant? I've heard that Moon tends to disappear off the face of the Earth for several months without a word.

Additionally, we can still be planning things. Maybe not on Chatzy at the same time but we still have use of the OOC thread.

What we have for the first event in the first arc:

Everyone's grouping together at the mall to head home in the dark and pass through the creepy-scary abandoned construction sight. Buddy system!~

Anyways, the lovely group of bookworm heros encounter Elfangor and Andrew gets the Escafil device. Simon stays behind for a few moments longer (I don't think it'll be because Elfangor is his long lost daddy) and learns a few things that he'll eventually get around to sharing with the others when it's needed but could have been useful to know sooner.

We plan for them to run away through the construction site just like in the book. Fun~ Lauren's gonna have a near death experience and swap places with a homeless man just looking for sleep.

This all set?

Are we going to want to prepare for this RP for several months while we wait for Moon to return? On one hand, we would be super-prepared for this. On the other, Moon would be out of the picture and any new characters are going to throw things off unless they are apart of the plan. It would be harder to make the story flexible.

Abigail is already mentioned in the RP. While it would be best to have her as an Animorph, it may be necessary to cut her out of the story. Alternatively, we could just get someone else to do Abigail with Moon's permission, assuming she will not RP Abigail herself.

And that sounds like a plan. But before we get the ball rolling, we need to get this figured out. TUM, what is your view on this?

I feel bad for leaving her out after promising a slow-paced RP (because I tend to drop off the face of the earth for months at a time as well haha). I didn't expect everybody to be so eager to get started! Unless Moonbeam has a course of action she would like to outline for us, we might need to handwave Abigail's disappearance. (At least we encountered this problem at the beginning of the RP, not in the middle of a fight!)

Regardless, I'll re-open applications because we can afford to be six players if Moonbeam decides to re-join. I'll keep her character on hold. The problem now is waiting for someone interested to stumble upon this RP. tongue.gif

I've changed the settings to both documents. Someone under the guise of Anonymous went to each and deleted everything. Thankfully, I was able to go through the revision history and restore all of our notes.

No one but I is allowed to make any edits to the documents. You'll have to inform me if you want something added or removed.

This is until I can be sure that no one is going to erase our notes again. If decided, I can provide links through PM to members of the thread with the ability to edit again but that would mean that the documents would no longer be available to the public.

I've changed the settings to both documents. Someone under the guise of Anonymous went to each and deleted everything. Thankfully, I was able to go through the revision history and restore all of our notes.

No one but I is allowed to make any edits to the documents. You'll have to inform me if you want something added or removed.

This is until I can be sure that no one is going to erase our notes again. If decided, I can provide links through PM to members of the thread with the ability to edit again but that would mean that the documents would no longer be available to the public.

People these days...

I think that perhaps it would be wise of us to privatize the refined document while keeping the character-filled one public (you know, because it's hilarious).

This makes sense. And you guys know your exact colors better than I. I'll wait a week-ish before making the character notes public for editing again.

Till then, character comments can be posted here or sent to me.

We were going to continue on with four, but I found someone who's interested in creating a fifth member! She'll be on Chatzy with us, tonight I hope.

Yes, I'm calling a meeting.

Good to hear smile.gif

I'll make the docs open to other people editing but you'll need to remove the link to the streamlined notes from the intro post. I'll PM the links once you guys can make edits to it again.