TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

This is INSANE!

I got really lucky on got 2 browns. Maybe I'll manage to get two of the blues too. But then I'll defenitely wait till I know what we get (the adults) before trying to get more of them. Even if it takes a few months to get the next chance at them.

I fear they won't be anything I'd hoard anyway. *doesn't like DC-Drakes much*

I'm surprised people are having this much trouble. I only had 4 misses in total while grabbing 6 eggs.

I know it's a little more crowded than last time, but with proper strategy you should really already be egglocked....

*Don't have more than one tab open when grabbing. Don't even have both biomes open, there's not much point.

*Decide which egg you're gonna go for and hold your cursor in that spot. Refresh, click. Hesitation is the enemy.

*Use the "backspace" button on your keyboard to go back immediately if you miss. Don't waste time doing it manually with your mouse. The only thing your mouse is for is clicking. F5 to refresh. Backspace to go back.

I have an downright TERRIBLE internet connection. And I'm on an IPod also.

Wonderful dragons, terrible timing. If my browser starts lagging and even crashes after opening dozens of tabs, and I don't get a thing, it is really bad. On a happier note, I'll get a pair from my friend.

This is WAY worse than I ever thought it would be. Not only are everyone competing in the same two biomes. The Eggs only last a couple of minutes.

NOT FUN.

And, btw. . . the kids absolutely are nagging me to get the eggs, so at least they're willing to do the dishes while I'm doing this.

*Don't have more than one tab open when grabbing. Don't even have both biomes open, there's not much point.

*Decide which egg you're gonna go for and hold your cursor in that spot. Refresh, click. Hesitation is the enemy.

*Use the "backspace" button on your keyboard to go back immediately if you miss. Don't waste time doing it manually with your mouse. The only thing your mouse is for is clicking. F5 to refresh. Backspace to go back.

And if NONE of that works?What then? unsure.gif

Oh god. All those people in the biomes. I should've come on this morning when Americans would still have been asleep.

blink.gif

you would not have gotten one. these just started dropping at 1 and to top it only two areas have the eggs. the only people getting eggs are those that have a fast reload or refresh page. everyone else is getting nothing. i kinda wish their was a limit of two of each breed for the first few days. dry.gif

If i'm hunting for eggs, I usually just spam my middle-click button. Seems to work fine and then i'll jsut close all the tabs when the time's over.

I just click like a nutter. Forget ctrl+click, it's never worked for me. Be a maniac and just click, f5, click, f5, click, f5...

That never worked for me, as I ended up just refreshing the egg's page instead of the biome blink.gif

Worst case scenario I'll trade for them, though I'd really like to catch a few :3

New Drakes! New Drakes!

I missed the Drop! D:

But new Drakes!

*runs over to completed thread to see if one of the drakes are the ones that I want to see in the cave, aka it's not on the list anymore*

I have an downright TERRIBLE internet connection. And I'm on an IPod also.

I find catching eggs on my iPod A LOT easier than my god awful desktop. tongue.gif I pretty much play DC on my iPod exclusively now.

Didn't manage to catch any yet. xd.png And the drops are getting thinner.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the eggs were in the opposite biomes at the beginning? They swapped places within the first minute, but I'd have loved to get one of those "wrong biome eggs".

I got mine from the middle spot, assuming everyone would go far right or far left, but I don't think it makes much difference, it's probably pretty even numbers clicking each.

I agree with the others earlier about ctrl + click though; it's never worked for me in the past, so now I just click and go back.

Edited by TheGrox

I knew I shouldn't have stayed up for this. I can only hope they're not mixing to badly by the time I'm awake again. It's so much harder then I anticipated. PLEASE PLEASE go back to midnight!!!!!!

Click+refresh also only works if you aren't lagging so hard that one click/refresh cycle takes over a minute. By that point, all the eggs are gone.

Maybe I'll just wait a few hours and try to trade for them. :/

And, btw. . . the kids absolutely are nagging me to get the eggs, so at least they're willing to do the dishes while I'm doing this.

lol xd.png

Tip for multiple breed release if you're using the refreshlikemad-method - grab some eggs from the AP as placeholders. That way you can madclick on one breed until you have as many as you want, then abandon the AP eggs and madclick for the other breed. Et viola!

I do the clicklikemad-method tho it's not wielding wanted results yet, just "grabbed"-messages.

Taking AP-eggs is a brilliant idea however, instantly picking up this habit laugh.gif

I am hunting with strategy, but I live in Europe and have a slow internet-connection. so that it is nearly impossible to get eggs now with so many peole in the biomes. The new release time is horrible for me.

I disagree with people not liking this release: for me this was the best release ever!

No need to point my clock at 7-8 a.m. at Sunday, no need to wake my brother to switch on the modem in his room and 7 eggs caught in 10 minutes. Loved it, thank you TJ! biggrin.gif

Edited by Iside

Didn't manage to catch any yet. xd.png And the drops are getting thinner.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the eggs were in the opposite biomes at the beginning? They swapped places within the first minute, but I'd have loved to get one of those "wrong biome eggs".

I got one. I had to abandon a placeholder egg I got super fast and go back and get the correct egg! xd.png

What dragons are the eggs in between when sorted by name?

When I sort them by breed..

Blue ones are between Geode and Day Glory Drakes

Jungle ones between horse and Ice dragons

Holy carp one moist one! How did *that* happen?!