TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

My eggs all have great big holes in them. ^.^ Can't wait til they hatch!

Just a few more hours.

I'm getting tired of waiting for these to hatch. I have been able to make some neato trades of hatchies. Having my whole scroll locked up with eggs, though is not all that fun.

Mine are cracking and some have big holes.

Maybe I should earthquake them.

Most of mine have big holes. I can't wait for them to hatch! Just a couple of more hours for me. smile.gif

And meanwhile I'm sitting here without any incubates because I used them up just hours before the release. rolleyes.gif Ah well, patience is a virtue. It is very annoying being egglocked though.

Edited by Cendaquenta

The hatchlings are incredibly adorable and I think I'll love at least the noisy ones as much as I love the Glories. I'm sure they'll look good with Night Glories smile.gif and I'm also sure the adults of both the new Drakes will be beautiful.

Thank you to the wonderful spriters!

That being said, the only way I was able to get eggs from this release on the date of the release - which is important to me, that's how I play! - was on the mercy of good friends. Being in Denmark and having a job that I need to get up very early for, I couldn't stay up on a Sunday evening at 7 pm to try to catch eggs. Of course, I also have a course every monday afternoon/early evening, so I didn't have the time either when I got home monday.

I know, I know, nobody forces me to play, and it's just pixels and I should just stop whining selfishly and be happy that I even got the new eggs - and am lucky they don't seem to be rares. Had it been anything like coppers, I hardly think I'd got more than a couple within the first 2-3 months. What is the fun in that, when most others had plenty of time to get them in the first part of the release?

But I do play, I do LOVe the game endlessly (I've been here since 2008 and still love it, so...) and have even invested actual RL money in it over time. And I love catching the eggs on my own. I loved having a full Sunday to do it, so there'd be no stress when I as usual didn't manage to get anything the first couple of hours. Because I knew I had the entire day.

This time I had nothing, no way of playing a game I love and participating in a game event I also love, unless I'd stayed up for an hour or two more and attempted to catch something (I never catch anything in those first hours, so that would've been pointless) I dare not think of how it would've been had I lived in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia or even Oceania.

They have had no option of staying up THAT late in the night (or very very early in the morning, depending on zone) on a work-/school night. And many wouldn't have much opportunity to catch later, perhaps having just as busy workdays as I have.

In my memory, the releases were originally moved to sunday to avoid clashing too much with school/work/etc, so I honestly can't see how this could in any way be any kind of improvement.

Sure, we all got our eggs and they're still easy to catch, which is wonderful.

But there will be rares or semi-rares coming along in other releases, and that leaves a great deal of users in an unfair position compared to the rest, if they're unable to participate equally in the first 12 hours of the release.

So TL:DR (I know, I'm wordy xd.png ) This change of release time is still a very bad idea imo. IF the time of day works fabulously for TJ and the servers and lag and whatnot, then be fair and move it to Saturday.

ETA: I see now that TJ actually has a plan of moving it to Saturday, which is excellent. The time is perfectly fine on a Saturday night - she said in ridiculous selfish glee lmao wink.gif - and it also gives the rest of the Eastern world timezones a better opportunity (than this time) to participate within the first 6-12 hours of the event.

As Kirjava-Kitsune said under this post, it's not possible to please everybody every time. But TJ is apparently trying to please as many as he can.

Now we only need more than 2 hours advance notice the next time something is changed radically wink.gifwink.gif

Edited by Immaling

These hatchlings looks adorable! I can't wait to see the adults. I usually like whatever was made by Odeen, so I have great hopes for the chirps x3

I appreciated the release time change. In my timezone, they used to be at 6am, which is a time I'd never be on for, regardless of whether I have school or not... On Sunday there's no getting up before 10 >_> So having it start at 7pm my time was simply great. It was the first time I could be on for the beginning of the release!

I guess that it won't be possible to content everyone in every timezone, though. How about we changed the release time each month (if it's not too complicated for TJ, of course), so everyone has a chance to be on for them at least once?

My eggs all have great big holes in them. ^.^ Can't wait til they hatch!

So much this!!!

I'm looking forwards to have them as hatchies on my scroll smile.gif

I guess that it won't be possible to content everyone in every timezone, though. How about we changed the release time each month (if it's not too complicated for TJ, of course), so everyone has a chance to be on for them at least once?

Oh god I hope not.

I'm in your time zone and getting a surprise time every month is gonna be the death of me.

Honestly I'm sure all times are managable as long as we KNOW about it. What annoyed me more than really anything is the lack of any notice about this before it happened.

This I something that happens a lot on here and I'm not a big fan of it.

Edited by Nalyua

Yay! Mine hatched! wub.gif Now to go on the hunt for more...

Edited by Allspice

Yay mine have started hatching! o3o But TJ's seem to take waaay too long to grow up. I don't want to wait. laugh.gif

Just had to pop mine into some ERs since I've been working all morning and none of them have even cracked yet. >> Come on little ones!

7 hatched and 7 more grabbed

Oh god I hope not.

I'm in your time zone and getting a surprise time every month is gonna be the death of me.

Honestly I'm sure all times are managable as long as we KNOW about it. What annoyed me more than really anything is the lack of any notice about this before it happened.

This I something that happens a lot on here and I'm not a big fan of it.

I forgot to mention it, but yes, I meant for it to happen with a notice! And TJ did warn about the schedule change smile.gif I can't remember if it was on Saturday or... Hmm. *scratches head* I'm having so much trouble keeping up with dc. Stoopid university.

Ofc if this became a thing, it could be better organized!

Hatchlings at last! biggrin.gif

The snout on the S1 babies reminds me of the dodo bird.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Hatchlings and a new egg batch are on my scroll. One of ny moist eggs has the best code too: studs (caps messed).

I forgot to mention it, but yes, I meant for it to happen with a notice! And TJ did warn about the schedule change smile.gif I can't remember if it was on Saturday or... Hmm. *scratches head* I'm having so much trouble keeping up with dc. Stoopid university.

Ofc if this became a thing, it could be better organized!

He made a notification two hours before the midnight release time, so that was quite last minute. I saw it when I got up - especially for the release, as I usually do - at 6 am.

Two hours is cutting it a 'bit' close and some of my general aggravation when I commented on the notice Sunday morning, came from that LOL oh well.

I've always learned that clear and timely communication is vital for having any kind of change go over smoothly, even if some affected by it might not be happy about the change. If given enough time to plan ahead, most deal MUCH better with changes, than having a radical change dropped on your head last-minute.

At any rate, TJ has commented here - New release feedback - saying that Saturday likely will be the new target day for releases.

All of my babies hatched and caught a few more so I have an even number of each and picked up a couple other eggs I saw that I wanted. smile.gif

Now grow, TJ babies. GROW SO WE CAN SEE YOUR ADULTS.

I still have to wait 8 hours for the last of them to hatch. My god. Too bad we can't gift immediately without waiting for the 5 hour cooldown but I know such a system would get abused.

Edited by Spyridon