TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

The blue hatchie's head reminds me of a Puffin. I'm not quite sure what to make of the other one. laugh.gif I'm excited to see them grow none the less.

Bird drakes? The blue one reminds me of a bluejay (crossed with something white) but the jungle's decrip sounds like some sort of sparrow or maybe a mockingbird.

By the way, you guys, everyone questioning whether these will be normal Drakes or DC Drakes, The Coastal has WINGS with only one finger meaning it will be a DC drake! THe other one could possibly be a normal drake and TJ is playing a little trick on us

edit for lack of completion to actually bold it like i wanted xd.png

Edit because they also only have one finger

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

At first I thought the Noisy Eggs were Dog drakes, but they were not. I am a sad. The eggs had reminded me of a completely different Doggy Dragon I wanted in the cave. Le sigh. Oh well. Anyone else have ideas for the chirpy hatchlings.

Nice release out here, using an old iPhone on a 3G connection from a caravan in a field.. Still caught four jungle and 2 coast from the last hours drop- which was the first one I've been on for today.., took a lot of back and forwards clicking and no doubt ate my data somewhat but hey, that's dc addiction

Cheers guys, nice work xx

By the way, you guys, everyone questioning whether these will be normal Drakes or DC Drakes, The Coastal has WINGS with only one finger meaning it will be a DC drake! THe other one could possibly be a normal drake and TJ is playing a little trick on us

edit for lack of completion to actually bold it like i wanted xd.png

Edit because they also only have one finger

I don't think that we have any "normal drakes" in DC. I think that things like Mints and Magmas are simply considered "wingless dragons" and that "Drake", in DC terms, always just refers to the breed with the Ochredrake and the Glories.

When we discussed this in a thread in the Suggestion section, it turned out that lots of people had different ideas about what a "normal drake" was anyway, and someone posted links to other popular games in which their Drakes also didn't fit the idea of just wingless quadrupeds (in fact many of them had wings, IIRC). So it seemed to be decided that Drakes, on DC, would refer to this unique species we have, and the restrictions about it would be relaxed some.

Cute hatchies! The chirpy one reminds me of a dodo bird.

Thanks birdzgoboom and Odeen! smile.gif

Augh I love the hatchies! For a second I thought the first ones were the blue-streaked dragons from the completed list, but nope o.0; Excited to see what they turn into.

Well. That was the easiest release I've ever participated in, even with the time change. I grabbed four blue stripes and two chirpers. Quite pleased with the haul and my gripes about the time change seem sort of unwarranted. If the change persists on holidays though, I'm sure my internet will give me reason to be a little frustrated. xd.png

Anyway, so far this release has gone really smoothly for me. Can't say I'm annoyed about that, because I'm not. I really like the look of the blue stripe hatchlings (and their eggs), it will be interesting to see the adults!

Well l Have been looking for newbies and when I saw the posts I zoomed over and grabbed 2 of each egg. One being a Z code egg. Place is a shambles as I am trying to pack stuff to move from my place since I was 2 in 1957!! Fun! Fun!

Got home and grabbed my eggs in less then five minutes, no problem. It was such a stress-free release, I love it. I was worried I would have to fight for the eggs and it would take hours, I'm so relieved I was wrong and worried for nothing. Beautiful eggs, can't wait to see what they grow up to be.

The hatchlings are cute I am very excited to see these adults the blue one might make a good mate for the day glory. smile.gif

Omg, late to the party, but... NEW DRAKES, oh wow! I'm so happy to see more of the various types of 'special' dragons, I hope these look good with the other drakes! /looks forward to creating pretty breeding projects, as soon as I snag a couple eggs.

YAY! I am already liking the blue one! I got 4 of them and it's starting to look like I may want quite a few of those! wub.gif

If anyone's having issues catching, extras are being dropped off at Departures, mine included.

If anyone's having issues catching, extras are being dropped off at Departures, mine included.

I just added the two I caught. Need to unload.

Just managed to trade one of the Jungles for one of the Coasts, and the beautiful Soulpeace baby hatched, so I am now contentedly holding 5 Jungle and 2 Coast eggs! I hope this does go three days like March's drop, so I can pick up my scroll goals quickly.

I have always loved the Ochredrakes and Glory Drakes, but haven't done much with them since my earliest days here. I still think the Ochredrake is one of the finest sprites in the Cave. I hope the new Drakes will inspire some pretty new lineage ideas. wub.gif

That's quite a load you got there X'3

Tell me about it. I was like I only caught 4. When after clicking and was shocked to find out I locked myself with a full seven. Next time, I'll catch a few AP to make sure I don't lock myself again.