TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

I just click like a nutter. Forget ctrl+click, it's never worked for me. Be a maniac and just click, f5, click, f5, click, f5...

You have the way grasshopper.. tongue.gif

I am hunting with strategy, but I live in Europe and have a slow internet-connection. so that it is nearly impossible to get eggs now with so many peole in the biomes. The new release time is horrible for me.

What about Italy? It's one of the worst about connection, as also Pewdiepie tested!

..well crap. laugh.gif

that's what those of us who were up at midnight only to find out that the drop was going to be 13 hours late felt. -has not slept yet-

Finding this drop a lot harder than the last few non-holiday releases we have had. The eggs are gone in less than a min! and the hour drop, which is normally longer was gone in less than 2!

Just need 2 more Coast eggs, then I'm done catching tongue.gif. All I did was mash the touchpad until it said I got one xd.png.

Not liking this midday release one bit. Can't catch any eggs. Over 200 people in the biomes with the new releases in them. This is pretty much impossible.

Thumbs down. Midnight release meant all the crazy people who wanted eggs right away would get their fill and normal-er people like me would just nab em later on.

Hmmm. It seems like there are fewer people in the biomes, but they empty out quicker. At least I only need two more before I go about other things.

Wow. the 5 minute drops don't even last 1 minute.

Pleasantly surprised that I managed to get 2 blues and 1 brown so far.

Yikes, those five minute drops are killer. Only an hourly drop is workable. Yes, the first hour is expected to be crazy but this is Christmas level crazy.

I have to say that I only saw these for about a minute before there being no eggs at all. I think I'll wait for a few hours for the hype to calm down because this is just silly. Still, the eggs look amazing and I can't wait to see how they look!!

It's a pity this drop is only... 24... wait.

That means until this time tomorrow. I can flip the comp on at 8am as I get up at 7:45am for work.

Logic! laugh.gif

EDit: well, flip it on when I get up for 8am, I mean. tongue.gif

Edited by Crobat

What about Italy? It's one of the worst about connection, as also Pewdiepie tested!

I'd assume Finland isn't on the highest ranks either..

Yikes, those five minute drops are killer. Only an hourly drop is workable. Yes, the first hour is expected to be crazy but this is Christmas level crazy.

Christmas was easier...

*doesn't like DC-Drakes much*

I'm the opposite, I've been craving a new drake especially after the two new 2-headed release last summer.

Had been hoping for a holiday drake... maybe this year... heh we have a holiday pigmy so why not right?

I find these easy to catch (mainly due to my internet connection/speed) but I have a strategy for catching these lil' eggs.

1. Choose one biome

2. Hover mouse over one of the three egg spots

3. Hold down Ctrl

4. Press F5 while doing step 3, and also click with your mouse on the egg spot

5. Check scroll often to see how many you caught

6. Repeat with other biome

Works. But there's nearly 300 people in each biome so... Good luck!

I'm surprised people are having this much trouble. I only had 4 misses in total while grabbing 6 eggs.

I know it's a little more crowded than last time, but with proper strategy you should really already be egglocked....

*Don't have more than one tab open when grabbing. Don't even have both biomes open, there's not much point.

*Decide which egg you're gonna go for and hold your cursor in that spot. Refresh, click. Hesitation is the enemy.

*Use the "backspace" button on your keyboard to go back immediately if you miss. Don't waste time doing it manually with your mouse. The only thing your mouse is for is clicking. F5 to refresh. Backspace to go back.

Unless your backspace doesn't refresh. The only way I can refresh is manually.

I've barely been able to see the eggs not to mention catch them. And I already have to hold down the func key then hit F5. I've never had a worse release.

For those of you having trouble grabbing the new releases, here's a tip if you're not using it already xd.png

My method is hovering and refreshing. I hover over an egg, and as soon as I refresh I click. If I don't get it, then back space. and repeat.

So far it's proven to be very reliable for me.

That;s been my method since forever

Still only managed one--which was a miracle--out of I don't know how many I clicked.

HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING SETS OF THEM?!! OR LOCKIN THEMSELVES?!?!?

I mean, good for you, I'm glad you're not still stuck dealing with this, but man, who do i gotta kill tget that for my scroll?

Click+refresh also only works if you aren't lagging so hard that one click/refresh cycle takes over a minute. By that point, all the eggs are gone.

Maybe I'll just wait a few hours and try to trade for them. :/

And if it doesn't end up breaking the page - after 3-4 back-to-back refreshed the pagee style starts choosing not to load sometimes. And the eggs end up in 3 different places.

But then it's been like that in all other releases, just that with midnight there was a bit of a "low-time" where a much smallest number of users were online for about an hour - that's when I went to catch eggs. I never could pick anything up when a lot of people were online.

And of course it's impossible...this new time sucks...

Christmas really was easier.

This one didn't last a speck. Refresh, see, grab, bum bum bum, gone.

The new breeds aren't even an hour "old" yet and I'm already speculating whether the brown ones will go well with the Ochredrakes... xd.png

I'm so glad I'm sharing my boyfriend's fast connection, it's still difficult but with my old one it would have been a nightmare. xd.png I've never been there for the start of the drop before, now I know I didn't miss any "easy catching opportunities" by missing the first drops in the past. laugh.gif

Managed to snag one of each. Admittedly, I'm surprised. I figured the cluster of users on the site would have made it impossible this early in the release.

The moist egg is really pretty. Not sure if the noisy egg was supposed to resemble a leopard skin or something. Still, kudos to the sprite artists.

Can't wait to see what these new dragons will become