TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

I suggest a compromise:

Drop this drop at midnight and do next month's drop at 1pm Sunday when we're all expecting it to drop at 1pm Sunday.

Edited by noxlyx

Hmmm interesting that means EVERYone will be awake , US and Europe--

hope the site doesn't crash *sighs*

hopefully this will be a 24 hour release or the T1 lines will get eggs and the rest of us will be SOL

we prep all week for this - more than a hours warning would be nice dry.gif

I really like the midnight drop.....but oh well. Thanks TJ for providing a monthly drop.

Bad news for me. It will be 1 am in the morning. It's summer time now so why not 12:00 EST? If that's the release time, at least it's possible for people to stay up at 24:00-1:00 midnight here at +8~9 gmt.

Edited by isaakfvkampfer

I always like something *new* and actually not be bothered with the release time.

The only thing I concern is: How long will this release last? Roughly 24 hours like last time?

If not... Uhm that's not awake time here.

Anyways, thanks for heads up.

Edited by Shelybear

I was all up and ready for the release too D:< Oh well, I'll still be on for this release. wink.gif

Just wait for it to actually happen and then give your respectful criticisms. Please don't be rude.

I think for a lot of us we won't need to wait for it to happen to know that it won't work out as well as for us as the midnight drops.

For myself I am usually in my car on the way to work at that time, meaning that if regular eggs start mixing in during the first ten hours or so and they are any kind of rare, I'm all outta luck because my connection is just that bad. If I can't grab them in the first few hours I might as well forget it. I haven't been able to grab a blusang since their initial release!

So another opinion that I'd rather keep to the midnight drops.

My alarm just woke me at 5:45 - for this?

Hinestly, you need to put that kind of information out there at least 1 day before the fact.

That aside: moving the release 13 hours - while I don't have a personal opinion on that, it moves the release out of the sunday for many, which can not be a good thing at all.

Ugh I liked it better when it happened at midnight and I can't be on at 1 pm but I could be on now. Whatever though.

That aside: moving the release 13 hours - while I don't have a personal opinion on that, it moves the release out of the sunday for many, which can not be a good thing at all.

That is true... A lot of people will have a Monday release which means school day fun day for a lot of internationals...

That kinda sucks since some of us have to work during the day.

i set my alarm at 5.45 am for the new releases lol.

heading back to bed

I wish I'd seen this when it was posted (I'd be in bed already if I had!), but thanks for the heads-up! *goes to bed now*

I hate this idea. I'm a night worker/day sleeper so the old time was *perfect*, plus I hurried to be ready and....nothing.

+1 support for letting us know more then 2 hours before we expect a release to happen. This is the second time there was a last minute notification. dry.gif

This is not funny... In Europe, even if we were sleeping at the release time, we wake up a couple hours after. Now it will be end of the afternoon/dinner time. I'm not sure it will be better...

I think for a lot of us we won't need to wait for it to happen to know that it won't work out as well as for us as the midnight drops

I understand what your saying but if everyone is going to have trouble getting on the drops may be more even plus I was more upset about people being downright rude and angry. Really though some people are in the position of not being able to get on at the drops at midnight, so people should realize that other should get a chance at being on during a drop. This change is bad for me too but I still think that if more people can't be on right away it will even out the drops overall. Still I just hope people can be respectful about TJ trying out a change, he has always been good at choosing the best choice so if this has no positive effects then he won't keep it, but if all he gets is hate right away then he won't be able to see the real effect it has on people.

I'm not too keen on that idea. Midnight is a nice enough time. Even on work nights, I don't mind staying up the extra hour or so. But mid-day is kinda iffy for me, and definitely won't do on workdays...

Add to that the fact that it's more competition. Holiday releases will be next to impossible to get if literally EVERYONE is trying to get them at the same time. I mean, even more so than usual.

Edited by Starscream64

That's exactly when I have to be at work tomorrow. Oh well. Annoying but maybe I can sneak on during a lull. I think daytime releases are always going to run into work-related issues for people just as nighttime releases are always going to run into sleep-related issues. Never going to be perfect for everyone.

I kinda liked the midnight releases since I will be at work at 1 OTL I know others will be at work or school at the same time, as well.

Interesting concept. I can't blame you for trying something new. I'm usually up at the time of the release (unless a holiday falls on a weekday) since my own time zone is only an hour behind cave time. You try something new and learn if it works or not.

Nuts. I prefer the midnight releases since I'm actually home then.

*wanders off grumbling*