TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (grabs a bucket to cry in) And I stayed up for this, too. Fiddlesticks.

(blinks, realization kicking in)

Meaning I'll have to sacrifice my day of sleep on Sundays, being on PST?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (fills bucket, moves on to pool)

(edited for final realization... that if this is a permanent thing, it means eternally crappy internet at the house for release times, thanks to WoW hours-of-power at the complex on Sunday afternoons before school/work returns)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (finishes with pool, moves on to ocean where dilution is the solution and she will never win)

Edited by Wends

I have to add my voice to the midnight crowd - I'm in the UK and it was nice to wake up to a new breed. I usually got in after the hard-core collectors had filled their slots and left, and before too may of the European collectors woke up. Now everyone will be arriving on the site at the same time, instead of staggered over several hours.

I like midnight release. My time is already booked for 1pm. The next few day will be crazy. I was counting on midnight release because that is my free time.  sad.gif

I'm disappointed too. I'll be dealing with feeding everyone, then making sure all the stuff is ready for the kids to start school on Monday. I probably won't get to LOOK at the computer till 10pm.

user posted image

I feel kind of cursed right now.

Edited by Gladtobemom

This would've worked out better if TJ had announced this like... two-three days in advance so that people can prep for the later drop AND not have kept their scrolls empty just for midnight tonight.

I personally could have grabbed a few more AP eggs last night and not wasted some of my incubates just to free up my scroll for this drop.

*pouts* I can understand TJ's reasoning... but I still prefer the midnight release.

Oh... hum.

I'd forgotten about the release (oops) soo mostly I'm just glad for the reminder! xd.png

I never reply to these news pages, but I would like to agree with a few others who have posted before me. I am a stay at home mom with a toddler, and even though it is the weekend, it can be difficult for me to get away during the day. I just hope the egg drop is as plentiful at midnight as it has been previously. If the biomes start spitting out common eggs as well as the new ones (which occasionally happens) it will be much more difficult to catch anything.

Hmm, I live on cave time, but that's never made a difference before. I can stay up late and be tired the next day. Or I can pick some eggs up a few hours after the start of the drop when I get off work. Knowing that I usually stay up till well past midnight, but often go to bed without catching the new eggs, thus having to try again later anyways.....I don't see this as a bad deal at all.

Especially if the Cave is still going to do 24hrs of just the new eggs as per normal. Which means more people will have time during their normal day to get them. :3 So what if I miss out on the start of the drop this month? Not a big deal.

Not really digging this. Its hard enough getting them at midnighy when the majority is aslrep but now with the majority awake? Im outta luck. I use my phone for all dc, not t a computer :/ Just my opinion though.

|D Interesting choice. I'm in the west cost so that puts it at 10 pm for me? Just as I'm heading to bed too x3

Anyways, thanks for the notice! Can't wait to see what egg(s) are being released! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I accidentally read it as 1 AM |D 1 PM EST is mid- to late-morning for me so that works out fine haha x3

Edited by Narvix

More notice would have been useful, but hopefully people will be able to catch their eggs. As long as it isn't a release of super-rares, there should still be enough for everybody.

I, too, would have liked more than an hour's notice that the drop time was changing. Then I could have gone to bed earlier.

Sunday during the day is going to be bad for a lot of people, since that's family time, church services, etc. The midnight drop was better. 1PM on Sundays is really tough for me, as I have next to no free time to spend on my computer.

I would have preferred some time during Sunday morning instead of Sunday afternoon if you're looking for a new time. That would give people more of a chance on Sunday to try to catch.

As easy as the last new release was, I'm betting everyone will get all the dragons they want.

I mean, it was just bing, bang, boom, 3 of each. It's gonna be like, "I remember the old days when you had to fight to get an egg. Uphill both ways!"

I really loved the midnight drops, because it was 9pm here, and I could usually get the rest of the day settled, then focus on the hunt. The new time may mean that I miss the start, since I still have morning chores at that hour.

I guess we'll see what happens. Thank you, TJ, for the heads up on this change.

The time worked well for just as many people as it didn't work for. Why change it? Everyone had already adjusted. Those who didn't really love the time learned to work with it. Now we all have to re-adjust for no good reason. This is silly.

Besides why 1PM? How is that any better? That's the middle of the day. Not everyone has weekends off and those who do are usually busy. I don't understand this at all.

Being able to grab eggs at the start time is really helpful. The sooner I can get the new release and then get back to my regular activities the better. I'm just upset we couldn't have learned about this earlier on. If you want to change times, fine, I'm sure there's logic behind it, but maybe don't do it as a last split second decision.

I'm so sorry.

I like the Midnight drop time, love the anticipation, totally enjoyed last month's drop with two types of eggs.

So it's all my fault. If I enjoy something, it has to end.

If I like a product, they quit making it,

If I like a restaurant, it closes or moves, or raises the prices, and

the Universe just laughs if I find someone I like to cut my hair . . .

because she'll totally move to Albequerque or St. Louis (Actually happened).

user posted image

TJ, I am giving you a huge virtual hug right now, because I didn't want to stay up until midnight (so tired....), but I did because I wanted to be there when the dragons arrived, and now I can go to sleep AND be there when the dragons arrive. Thank you so much! biggrin.gif

*showers TJ with virtual cookies*

Bigger question, how many dragons are dropping. I am hoping just 1 this time...I need the scroll room for other projects.

As long as TJ runs the release for at least 10-12 hours, that should cover most people. However if he's not I see that being a much bigger problem. Especially as eggs are gonna go faster sooner and longer.

Or maybe delayed April fools fun. Who knows!!

Edited by natayah

You guys are kind of over reacting. TJ is just trying out something new, if it doesn't work out he won't leave it. I wish people would wait till the change has actually taken place before they start complaining about it. TJ does a lot of work on this site and I like to think he deserves the ability to sleep in himself and try out something new without getting people calling him illogical. Look everytime people complain like that in a way that is borderline rude, other players get hurt. Just wait for it to actually happen and then give your respectful criticisms. Please don't be rude.

Thanks for the update TJ, and for trying something different to see if it works better. We won't know till we actually give it a try.

I'm on the side of the fence that isn't as thrilled with the change in time. I really hope this won't become the new normal.

Ouch, a weekday at late, late night for me x____X

Guess I'll be missing out on this one.

I would prefer it stays how it was. I just looked it up and that would be 4am my time. I'll have to wait to get my eggs I hope they'll be dropping all day like last time.