ReverieV3

The Theme of the Story...

I know for a fact there has been storytelling lineages on here...but I cannot for the life of me find any current ones.

So this would be a storytelling lineage, but I'm a snob. I am. So I'd like to make this pretty--and if I can't make this pretty, then darn it, I will make it at least make sense.

So we will of course start off with a pair, and then from there, we'll use our choice in dragons to control where the story goes (with something that makes sense).

For example:

user posted image

As you can see, there are some repeated dragons, and they represent something specific (or, alternatively, a general idea). The sunstone represents the sun, the pink is his love interest, and the ember is the guy she is already promised to who, because an ember is chosen, is going to be not such a nice guy.

The horse represents...horses... In this case it is hoofbeats, but if anyone talks about a horse, our purple horsey friend can be a stand-in. Daydreams are representative of clouds or dreams (original, I know) and white dragons are for purity and magic.

Because daydreams and whites create soulpeaces, I chose that dragon to represent the sun's kingdom. Now if ever a soulpeace pops up, you'll know what I'm talking about BUT (and this is a large BUT), this may have not been the best choice and we have to be careful because hybrids take some planning to use.

All dragons are fair game but once a dragon is used, it can only be again used in the context in which has already been chosen for it.

AS ANOTHER NOTE: This is just an example and not the chosen storyline. You may choose whatever you want your dragons to represent (within reason and logic).

Hopefully we can go from there. If that makes sense.

...Does this all make sense?

I think I would like this to be a random step thing. That way you have flexibility in either the first or second part of the sentence. But I can be swayed either way.

I'll start the first two and then pass the egg to the next person, and so on and so on.

Anyone interested?

Edited by ReverieV3

Participants thus far:

1: Your friendly neighborhood OP, Rev

2: vintage

3: Lastalda

4: Glyndlamir

5: Lantean_Pegasus

6: Tiga

7: Sinsdaemn

8: WolfParadise

Edited by ReverieV3

Ohh, I rather like this idea, I've never heard of a story lineage, but I've only been playing DC for a few months.

No worries! I know they've gone on before, but it was a bit of a mess and I didn't like the...randomness of it. Because I'm just like that. I can add you if you'd like to join up!

that makes sense, I'm ocd, So I could relate to that lol. Ya, I'd like to participate c=

Oooh, this is a super creative twist on those "build-a-story" type exercises. I love the idea. o3o

So what breeds would be allowed? By random step, do you mean this would be a stairstep or spiral lineage or am I just misunderstanding? x3

Excellent. Very excellent. You've been added and we'll see what other interest we can drum up.

Any breed is allowed...although I don't know how vampires would work, but I'd be willing to entertain the idea if it was good.

It would be a stairstep. Spiral takes too much planning, I think, and a greater chance of a mistake. xd.png

Edited by ReverieV3

I'd like to join. smile.gif

I was part of a Storytelling lineage once, but I just tracked the last descendant to be this and as you can see, not much of the story is left. sad.gif

(My pair are the last named ones.)

But I don't really understand what part of your rules makes this less random than other story lineages (except for being a stair)?

The only rule we had back then was that the names must fit the dragon's breeds somehow (and of course using CB mates). How's yours different, except for the stair pattern?

You know, that's a good question. I'mma see if I can't answer it.

In the example story, the sunstone has come to represent the sun. Should the sunstone and the pink have a sunstone baby, I'll continue to tell the story about the sun. Should it come out to be a pink, I'll continue about her. Now, if we ever want the sun or this unnamed girl to pop up in the story again, we would use a sunstone or a pink. If we wanted to introduce another character, perhaps a hot-headed male, we could use a hellfire. From then on in the story, whenever a hellfire popped up, we'd know that male character was somehow involved.

Is that any clearer? It's not so much the breed representing itself in the name as it is the breed's characteristics representing a character.

I will get more of the example story up to show what I mean.

And!

I'd like this to be poetic and pretty if possible.

That sounds great, I'd like to join, please smile.gif

Edit: So if the Pink in your example represents a girl, does that mean all Pinks have to be female? And can we add any breed we want to the lineage and make up a character ourselves or will we get a list with breeds?

Edited by Glyndlamir

This sounds like a wonderful thing to do. I'd like to participate, please.

(And I'm really curious to see how the story will work out with the added difficulty of "recurring characters", so to speak.)

@Lastalda:

I saw that story lineage once (I think you posted one of your dragons at the dragon bingo), and thought it sad that it hadn't been continued. Let's hope we'll have better luck with this one.

Awesome guys, awesome.

@Glyndlamir: Once a dragon breed is chosen, it will represent that character only. So whether it is a male or female pink, it will go along with that female character. You can absolutely add whatever dragon breed you want and I will have a list with all the already-used breeds and in what capacity they've been used.

user posted image

This is how my example storyline plays out (so far).

I'll also include this in the OP.

Major players--

Sunstone: the sun

Pink: his love interest

Ember: his love rival who apparently isn't a very nice guy

Minor players:

Canopy: the air above the trees

Horse: anything to do with horses

Daydream: clouds or dreams

White: Magic or purity

Soulpeace: The kingdom he rules

-----------------

I really liked the previous storytelling lineage as well and I want to do the idea justice and hopefully add a little something to it.

Edited by ReverieV3

*raises hand* I would like to sign over my scroll for this story please~!

Which means, I am all for this and would like to join this project!

Okay, guys! Unfortunately, my pair didn't give me an egg but I'll try again with a different pair in a couple days.

Simsdaemn! Good to meet you! You're on the list!

Is anyone interested in doing a round robin project where we continue each others' stories or am I making this too complicated?

Okay, guys! Unfortunately, my pair didn't give me an egg but I'll try again with a different pair in a couple days.

Simsdaemn! Good to meet you! You're on the list!

Is anyone interested in doing a round robin project where we continue each others' stories or am I making this too complicated?

A Robbin round seems cool! We can do that while we wait for the pair to produce. wink.gif

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that...

Does it mean that everyone choses a pair and starts a story, then passes their egg on to the person after them and gets the one from the person before them ?

Yes! That is exactly what it means. It would be nice i think for it to be a quicker kind of project...because dragons, as we know, are a finnicky bunch.

Welcome, WolfParadise! You're on the list!

Edited by ReverieV3

Oh, interesting! I get the feel now. I actually would not mind a round robbin style either, though I'd be inclined to spiraling my story dragons in that case. Would this be what we decide for the storytelling lineage then? Or can we do both, a round robbin with different eggs, and then a lineage idea originating from one pair of CBs?

...I'm just excited, I want to start already >w<

I know what you mean! PM the person on the list down from you and see if they are available to take an egg and let the games begin!

Would it be possible to pass on the "Robin" and still be on the "original" lineage ?

While I love the idea, I'm not sure that I'm creative enough to continue a story with the right kind of dragon every other week or so. sad.gif (And then there is the issue of other projects, scroll space, etc...)

So I'd really prefer to be in just one story, if that's possible.

Welp, seems we're at an impasse. /jk, i just wanted to say that

Okay so we might need more opinions on whether Round Robin should be a thing or not. But honestly, I feel like it'd be fine if people don't want to join that particular tangle (and in my case, I know i'll be slow going) and make it two projects. Though arguably it could split the interest I am intrigued on how just such a lineage and tale should progress and definitely have tipped my hand for that.

As to One Original Storytelling lineage to tell them all: since Reverie was the one to make the topic she ought to have the starting pair from which we will hand down in the sequence and carry on with the themes stated so far (being that dragons stand for an idea and we can introduce new ones and so on and so forth).

I kind of don't collect certain dragon types though so is it possible to skip my turn should such a breed turn up? ^^'' And uh well.

I did start with making a story and from there excitedly started plotting things as breeds to color type for seeing the eventual piece.

Anyway, that's all I've thought about so far for this. Let's talk yeah? And wait out the new release before we start putting things in motion.

Given the limitation of my time, I would be much more interested in One Story than in a Round Robin project. Round Robin sounds like fun, but it would basically mean always keeping a slot open for the next egg from the next line of this project, and I don't know I can reliably do that. Plus, I'd be afraid to hold up lines.