Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Shiny? Avisk did like shiny things. It was somewhat obvious it was trapped here too with the odd thing blocking its way behind it. Where were the others? It could hear them, but didn't exactly see them yet. But this shiny thing. It was close. Very close. The compelling thought came to roll this to a light source and it would glow and shine like the other smaller shiny things. But what was it? What was this thing?

Avisk ventured closer, moving itself on top of this shiny round smooth thing. It curled up and on it, wrapping around somewhat as well as it could muster with the pincher end of its tail opening and closing a few times. Claimed. The thought came back. Claimed. Its. Avisk now owned this. But what was it? Suddenly the ground shifted somewhat when something tore slightly, moving the smooth thing down away from where Avisk had gotten trapped.

Rolling happened now. Up. Over. Down. Sideways. Every which way the slime rolled and then suddenly stopped. Soft stop. More odd stuff? Avisk had noticed before that the ground wasn't ground and was rather softish to the touch. A small ray of light shown down from the soft-stop spot once something else fell on top of them both. Shaking that off, the slime clung to the smooth shiny thing and chirruped in an attempt to locate the other slimes. Light warmed the slime itself and also hit spots on the smooth round.

Teethy sank down, as as it reached the bottom of the wet it started moving towards the organic, which would surely be useful or something that'd give him power. Teethy decided to absorb the things his body told him to avoid, as it could probably give him power. Teethy also decided to absorb the other organics. Teethy then started searching the sea floor for more organic.

Pulling whatever it is into his body faster Crell swims against it pushing more of whatever this organic/inorganic was into his mouth. His tail gets a little bigger as he does siphoning off a bit of the energy he takes in making his swimming stronger.

Aster forcefully blew air out of its nostrils as the space the three slimes were in filled with the repugnant odor. The fact that the air was still, without the faintest hint of a breeze, didn't help things either. Aster had no desire for a repeat of the experience that they'd had right after the three of them had killed Angry, even if it had taught the slime some useful things. It still wasn't worth repeating.

It was then that the reinforced spines growing out of Aster's forelegs brushed against something foreign lodged on its body. Something wet and slimy, decomposed but still organic. Something inside the exploded pile must have landed on Aster. The slime hadn't noticed before because of the protective liquid it had covered itself with before, and because the heavy odor had distracted it. Aster didn't want anything making such a rancid odor touching it, so since its grasping forelimbs weren't made to reach in back of it the slime twisted its neck around and grabbed the wet organic piece in its mouth, then immediately swallowed it so the slime wouldn't have to experience its nasty taste any longer than possible.

Suddenly, light that Aster hadn't even realized was there was briefly extinguished from the far side of the hole, then just as suddenly reappeared. Turning its head in that direction Aster saw that Small had gotten ahead of itself and Big, and its body had briefly blocked a very small hole that faintly illuminated a narrow pathway through the hole that hadn't been covered by the mountain of piles. Small seemed to be holding onto something too, though its body blocked that as well. Aster didn't care about that at the moment, though. The slime just wanted to get out of the hole and away from the horrid stench it had unwittingly unleashed on itself (since the other two slimes still didn't seem all that bothered by it). Aster began to walk down the narrow path towards the small hole of light, feeling a bit of discomfort as the piles squeezed its body but refusing to turn back.

The slime shrugged off the strange feeling. It wasn't really sure what it was. Anyway the slime had more powerful urges to follow anyway. It moved away from the where ever the wet cam from and went in the other direction. It wanted more organics. The soft things on it were being used to find another organic to absorb. Soon it found a dry, thick feeling organic. The slime began it's absorption process again.

((Pillaging rattle snake venom from 3R8-74. Mwhahaha!))

OOC @ Everyone: Sorry, I know I'm late. Additional day from the time of me posting added to Event. Also sorry Melomancer, yes I did forget. FIXED! I got distracted with an Adventure Time marathon... that ended with The Labyrinth.

@Melomancer: I should have gotten a hold of you awhile ago and said "Characters shouldn't have Biblical names!" but since I didn't, it's fine. My own fault for taking so long!

---------------------------------------

@Melomancer: How the slime's sample canister got into a trash can outside someone's house was unimportant; what mattered is it was there. What mattered is that the trash can was split all the way down one side, and barely held the garbage bags haphazardly stuffed in it. In between two bags was the vial.

The trash collectors came to pick it up, but in doing so, the vial fell out of the trash and cracked on the curb, though it didn't break. It did break when it fell against the storm drain though, making the slime ooze through the grate and fall fifteen feet down, into subterranean sewer water.

@Crell: (unlocked: marlin) Disgusting. Disgusting and not half-filling! But it was at least enough to keep the slime from being exhausted or in pain. But it would have to stop growing and resorbing for awhile! There was something going on inside the slime, and it couldn't figure out what it was.

@Aster: (unlocked: bull horns) The light wasn't as far as the slime thought. The hole wasn't as deep, either. This wasn't a real cave! The light smelled bad, but at least it was light. The same kind that was behind the slime, that had been getting brighter quickly as time went on. Much different than the dark, than the hot lights that chased the slime. What was going on with the other slimes? Where were they? The slime heard something loud, though it couldn't describe it to itself. But the sound sounded like... a loud thing, then a wet thing.

@Avisk: The slime was able to successfully claim the shiny, but it was far too big and heavy to be carried around. Even trying to lift it taxed the slime's strength and energy in its tail, but not the same kind that it had experienced before. It wasn't losing mass, it was just really, really difficult, and wasn't having an effect anyway. The ground below the slime shifted, and the round shiny sunk down slightly.

@Teethy: (unlocked: barnacle) There were... inorganic things stuck to the organic, though the inorganic was much, much heavier and totally impossible to move. But at least the organic stuff the slime had found was able to be absorbed and pulled off of the inorganics, since they weren't holding on very hard. Whatever these things were... no. Something was not right.

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: cat tail weed tuft) Looking down at whatever it was this stuff was, the slime was able to start making it out as it absorbed it. It was a dark thing, but with soft little light-colored parts. It actually looked... the slime felt an... emotion? It felt something when it looked at it. An even feelier feeling than just absorbing it. Whatever "it" was.

@Lilith: The slime awoke; coming to life and activating at the same moment. As soon as it did, it felt cold, thin, hard, inorganic... something. Then it felt itself be pulled in between them, and it fell. It fell for a very long time, but then it hit something wet and horrible. Something was bumping into the slime at the place that the wet met the air.

Teethy decided to try to grow 2 more heads, perhaps they could think on problems with him and help him find things he could not find alone. He thought he should grow that hairy thing on one of their mouths and those sight smell and hearing things, once he had finished growing one of those heads, and on the other, he should grow the same senses, but he hadn't decided on what to grow on that thing. He also decided to make them intelligent, just like him. Teethy however, started to grow ravenous after starting all this growth and tried to find if there was more organic or what was up with the inorganics.

Nothing had pleased the slime so much as to fulfill its function of eating, but the fluffy organic... it touched it in some deep way. Happiness? Sorrow? Pain? The slime could not place what it was that it was feeling, just that it was much more powerful than eating it... it stopped its absorption and stared at the white fluffiness, caressing it to watch it spring up again and again, stick to its slime and squish down. The slime still had little idea what it was it felt on the inside. Was it... a remembering? A remembering of something it had to do? Reluctantly, the slime resumed absorption. Consuming tended to help it do everything, even remembering, better, and this was the nearest food source.

((I think it might be feeling nostalgia, or even... loneliness? I'm not certain, though, and certainly it would not be able to understand these concepts yet.))

The other slimes . . . Aster thought it had seen Small somewhere nearby, and the last time it remembered seeing Big was at the other end of the not-cave. Right now, Aster just wanted to get out of this bad-smelling dark. Even though it wasn't that much of a walk to the other end of the hole it was still too far for Aster, so instead the slime tried to force its way out of the small hole near to it. The hole was too small for Aster to fit through, so the slime used its forelimbs - being sure to keep the curved tips of its talons facing inwards so that the slime didn't actually open any more piles - to widen the hole so the slime could fit through. The piles weren't very heavy, so it wasn't that hard. Finally, Aster could climb through the hole and into the fresh air, and headed down towards the ground to wait for the other two slimes to join it. It was only then, freed from the drive to get out of the horrific odor, that Aster really heard the strange loud-then-wet sound. Wet? There hadn't been that much wet on the other side of the hole. Where was the wet coming from?

Edited by Avialae

OOC @ Everyone: Sorry, I know I'm late. Additional day from the time of me posting added to Event. Also sorry Melomancer, yes I did forget. FIXED! I got distracted with an Adventure Time marathon... that ended with The Labyrinth.

@Melomancer: I should have gotten a hold of you awhile ago and said "Characters shouldn't have Biblical names!" but since I didn't, it's fine. My own fault for taking so long!

@Melomancer: How the slime's sample canister got into a trash can outside someone's house was unimportant; what mattered is it was there. What mattered is that the trash can was split all the way down one side, and barely held the garbage bags haphazardly stuffed in it. In between two bags was the vial.

The trash collectors came to pick it up, but in doing so, the vial fell out of the trash and cracked on the curb, though it didn't break. It did break when it fell against the storm drain though, making the slime ooze through the grate and fall fifteen feet down, into subterranean sewer water.

@Lilith: The slime awoke; coming to life and activating at the same moment. As soon as it did, it felt cold, thin, hard, inorganic... something. Then it felt itself be pulled in between them, and it fell. It fell for a very long time, but then it hit something wet and horrible. Something was bumping into the slime at the place that the wet met the air.

((I didn't know Lilith was a biblical name. I honestly just thought it was a cool sounding name and couldn't remember where exactly I had heard it from. I can change it if you'd like.))

The slime, not being aware of its surroundings, formed itself back into a somewhat spherical shape, raising itself up. The long fall had caused it to flatten out upon hitting the surface of the water, where it floated and drifted. It sensed that the surrounding substance was...somewhat organic? It didn't seem feasible to absorb all the surrounding wet. And it felt quite nasty. On a part of it, where the nastiness wasn't present, something was touching it. The slime, not knowing if it was organic or not, tried to engulf and absorb the thing above it.

Edited by Melomancer

Shaking himself Crell starts to swim in a random direction. Feeling out with his extra sense he keeps moving through the wet and jumps into the nonwet several times and then dives back into the wet as deep before going back to just under the nonwet.

When the shiny sunk, Avisk still stayed on top of it. The slime was still somewhat dizzy from the rolling that had happened just a moment ago. It wanted to move this giant shiny, but found out quickly it could not. On top of that all, this thing was stuck now it seemed. Or stubborn. Maybe both? Maybe not.

One of the things causing the pile moved, falling and rolling down to where Avisk was perched atop the shiny round. The moving revealed Unsure as it pushed more of the pile. Avisk let out a happy call, unsure itself of the actual sound. It seemed to be a combination of a few things that the slime couldn't really individually place.

OOC @ Everyone: So, I didn't reply earlier 'cuz I just learned that I have an internet cap for my payment plan and had used up nearly everything, so I couldn't do anything. But I'm here now! Anyway, Dec. 25th there will be a Christmahanzakwanikkuh event (11:59 PM Dec 24 - 12:01 AM Dec 26) with the following reward choices:

Kwanzaa: Choose a mythological creature! I'll choose a power or body part from it to give to your slime. One player chose a Hydra and was able to grow another head. One player chose vampire and unlocked the ability to lifedrain plants.

Christmas: When I give you an unlock, you can demand I choose something else, once. Example: You unlock duck feathers. You hate that, so you make me reroll. Now you get a duck's wings or bill or something.

Hanukkah: Choose something related to the traditional celebration- money (but only if you unlocked Pearl), alcohol, or wax. No, you can't unlock fire breath with wax.

OOC

@Eaaem: Yep, missed smile.gif But you can try for this one!

@Melomancer: Eh, it's fine.

@Evil Sethoss: Ah, I see why. I was writing when you updated, so I never saw it.

OOC @ Everyone: For those of you who don't already do it, I have a personal request. State your slime's name at least once per post... there are so many players now that it is REALLY hard to remember who is who. Especially since a lot of you have multiple slimes on various sites! Thanks.

@Melomancer: So, I was thinking "What did you find? Liquid from an engine leak? Human waste? Oh, I know!" so you fell directly on top of the scent glands from a dead skunk. That'll get you an interesting ability and body parts real quick. Plus, I did say it was horrible.

@Soulking: Remember, your slime is its cells, and brains or lack of them don't help with intelligence. That comes from somewhere else in slimes biggrin.gif Plus, multiple heads are specific unlocks, and you don't have them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

@Avisk: There was a glowing... the other slime was glowing on its own! But it was quickly covered in a coating of flimsy-looking organics. The slime could still see the hole to go out the other side, but that's all it could really see now. Well, except for the shiny, but it was FAR too big to be played with. For now? Maybe the slime... where did the other shinies come from? The other slime was so huge, maybe was this one of its own shinies? Is this the maximum size they could be...? And... why was it so big, anyway?

@Selim: The organic was extremely rough and uncomfortable to touch, but feeling along it, the slime could feel something else, that was even less comfortable, but different at least. It had a cluster of long, thin, sharp things that were pokey at the end, and bladey at the sides. But all of it was organic!

@Aster: The source of the sound, whatever it was, wasn't present anymore. No trace. But the slime could see the hole to the other side, though it didn't know where the other slimes were. Going out through the other side, the slime couldn't help but look upwards at some faint strange sound, and what it saw was terrifying! A huge wall of... stuff... piles... like it was used to... was FALLING ON TOP OF IT! It almost hit the slime, killing it. But it didn't move. But it was FALLING! But without moving. Nothing was moving, except the slime. BUT IT WAS FALLING!

@Lilith: (unlocked: skunk pattern) The flavor was horrible, and the texture was somehow... enjoyable? It was soft and cold. Whatever this stuff was, it was organic, and it was very easy for the slime to absorb it as it tried! It didn't know what else was around, but it was kind of busy.

@Crell: The slime found something interesting- something like it had found before. But this time, it was stronger. A lot stronger! Some sort of flavor was within it, but it couldn't place it. The wet was moving quickly, though the slime couldn't actually SEE it. But it was like a flow within the wet? The flow didn't go upwards to the surface exactly, but some of the stuff that had been in the flow went upwards.

@Tch'ah: COMFORT! That's what the feeling was. The slime... something within it made it remember something... if that was the right thing to think. It remembered that it used to use that kind of plant to hide in. But the slime was remembering wrong. It wasn't the SLIME that had done that, it was the... the thing that the... the slime didn't remember consuming the thing, but it somehow DID remember something that the original thing it consumed before it woke up, did.

@Teethy: The slime failed. It was able to push some of its slime out into bubbly shapes, but they retracted back in. Whatever it was that the slime needed to be able to hold the shape, it lacked. It could do other things. At least it was starting to recognize a little bit more! But the slime's surroundings were starting to get painful for some reason...

((I know an easier way to organize names just give me human intelligence. Nah just kidding. wink.gif ))

Selim

The slime was quite happy that it had found another organic.It was pleased that it was quite easily completing what one of it's only thoughts were. The slime shook it was almost ready to grow something new. But before that could happen it wanted to absorb this new organic. Then it would be ready. The slime oozed over it and began to break it down.

((OOC: Fun fact: Lilith isn't actually a Biblical name, in that it doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible. The story of Lilith most likely dates to the writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen in the 13th century.))

ASTER

IC: Aster was falling! But then, the slime realized, it didn't have to fall if it didn't want. It struggled briefly to open its wings against the pressure of the air against its body, then finally managed it and began to even out its trajectory, then slowly ascend. When the slime made it back up to the hole it had fallen from, it let out a sharp warning cry to the two slimes still inside, wanting to let them know there was danger on the other side of the hole and they should be careful if they came out this way. Aster then began to fly in slow circles outside of the hole, waiting to see if its friends would come out this way. As it did, it looked around and below it, wanting to see what exactly what was on this side of the hole, and especially where the ground was. The slime hadn't expected things to be so different on the other side of a short walk.

Edited by Avialae

Tch'ah

The slime was perplexed that the moment it solved one mystery about itself, many more appeared. It realized that it had little idea of what came before the waking up, and that it kinda sorta really wanted to know. But how would it find out such things? It pondered what little options it had as it sucked down past the fluffies to the smoother tubes of organic attacked to them. Its only clue to its origin was the smooth, cold container from which it emerged, and as it did not have eyes then, it was very disoriented as to where it could be. It had done an awful lot of moving and swimming and eating since then... at least, what seemed like a lot. Maybe someday it could do ten times the amount that the slime accomplished today! After all, it might be that what seems like a lot now would actually turn out to be very little, especially since what seemed an infinite time stretched before it. But such fantasy, it reasoned, was too complex for it to fully understand until it already comes to pass.

What else, besides time, stretched on before the slime? It lifted its eyes from its sustenance to look around at its surroundings properly for the first time. What would it see before it? Above it? If it turned itself, what would it see to its sides and before it?

Topaz

Nothing had happened, confusing the slime. Did it not eat enough? It didn't feel safe, but knew that maybe if it ate more it could grow something. It snacked on some more grass, then stopped moving. It felt some odd feeling, although it had no idea what that was. So it started moving again, but it barely moved a milimeter before it got uncertain again. It sat still once again.

Teethy

Teethy would bite at everything, fearing something came to hurt him. Teethy would then try to swim down from where it was, thinking that if it went away, the pain would stop. Teethy would try to swim up, and try to swim back to the place with the gritty inorganics as fast as possible, as the big wet was harsh and Teethy didn't like it anymore. Teethy still didn't like the pain, and would occasionally bite around, seeing if the thing that was causing him pain was there. Teethy, would grow more, since his attempt to grow two heads had failed, he would instead grow in size. As the pain continued to grow, he sighted a seagull flying low, close enough to the surface he could possibly grab it. Teethy would think this seagull would be the source of the pain, and jumped out of the water in a attempt to catch it.

@Melomancer: So, I was thinking "What did you find? Liquid from an engine leak? Human waste? Oh, I know!" so you fell directly on top of the scent glands from a dead skunk. That'll get you an interesting ability and body parts real quick. Plus, I did say it was horrible.

@Lilith: (unlocked: skunk pattern) The flavor was horrible, and the texture was somehow... enjoyable? It was soft and cold. Whatever this stuff was, it was organic, and it was very easy for the slime to absorb it as it tried! It didn't know what else was around, but it was kind of busy.

Lilith

The slime, despite having its senses flooded with the horrible flavor, continued digesting and absorbing the thing, focusing more on the texture than the flavour. Deciding not to focus on what was around, the slime clung on to the flavored, textured substance, letting the sewage carry it along as it slowly digested the thing.

((Oh, neat. didn't Jak get a slime really early on too? This is kinda nostalgic, heh.))

@Crell: The slime found something interesting- something like it had found before. But this time, it was stronger. A lot stronger! Some sort of flavor was within it, but it couldn't place it. The wet was moving quickly, though the slime couldn't actually SEE it. But it was like a flow within the wet? The flow didn't go upwards to the surface exactly, but some of the stuff that had been in the flow went upwards.

Opening his mouth and biting at this flavor Crell turns and swims in this updraft of flavor several times trying before the current dragged him away and he started following it. Swimming with it and moving along the flowing wet Crell opens his mouth every few seconds to taste the wet around him.

@Lilith: (unlocked: skunk) It was difficult to ignore the flavor, but it was very easy to consume the organic! There was a lot more than the slime expected. As it absorbed more, it only found more of the same thing. After awhile, the slime found that it was not only full, but had stuffed itself enough with organic that it didn't think it would have to absorb anything for quite awhile, unless it became active.

@Teethy: Surprisingly, the slime was able to catch the end of the organic thing that could somehow stay in the up, but not very well. It did catch enough to keep some of its organic, but only a part from the end, and not anything entirely filling. But it got something, at least. Falling back into the wet, the slime tasted something else... but it soon felt...

The slime started getting very tired, and couldn't concentrate on anything. (OOC I'm doing something bear with me, I'll update you again later and that you can respond to.)

@Topaz: (unlocked: grass) Whatever inconsistency the slime had noticed wasn't there now, but something else was. A different kind of organic, heavier and thicker. But whatever it was, it had a different taste entirely, and had pokey parts that were really not enjoyable to touch!

@Tch'ah: If the slime was able to scream, it would. In front of the slime was something clearly dead, crusty and old. But it was staring at it with its eye sockets empty and its mouth open, its front limbs broken but outstretched, ready to attack!

@Aster: There was no response at all from the other slimes, but a lot of things had moved and shifted within the under-the-flat-black hole. Were the other slimes...

In the air and looking down, the slime was able to see something else. The black puffy, at least most of it, was gone. The slime could see the up now, and far into every direction without much in the way of its visuals. Something else that was odd though, was that the flat black went as far as it could see in two directions, and it got thinner as it went away.

@Selim: (unlocked: pine scent) Dissolving the organic pokeys (they were really thin) as it absorbed the pokey long parts made it less uncomfortable. There was a flavor stuck all over the pokeys, which somehow the slime thought might... no. There wasn't enough to finish the thought.

@Crell: The flavor in the wet was... noticeable now. More noticeable. Whatever it was, the slime's surface cells that were still slime felt... well, the wet was altering it. The slime is supposed to do something, but the wet wouldn't let it. It didn't seem to be a good thing, but it somehow also... did? After awhile of trying to catch the source of the flavored wet, it started to feel something else. It felt its slime start to revert to what it was supposed to be.

ASTER

Below it, around the thin flat black, Aster could see green spread out in every direction, rippling softly with the wind, just like the world had been to it before the hot light had eaten everything around it. Maybe the hot light hadn't reached this far? Aster knew from experience that the waves of green were organic, and while somewhat bland in taste were at least better to eat than the foul-smelling stuff inside the small piles, so the green expanse below it would be the perfect place for it and the other two slimes to go next.

Or it would have been if the other two slimes had come out of the hole. Aster couldn't understand why they were still in there - how could they tolerate that awful odor? Yet it did not just want to leave them behind, either. As a result, as its next circle in the sky brought it near to the hole the slime had emerged from Aster straightened out its flight and headed back there.

Making a turn like that in midair was difficult for Aster, as its long slender tail whipped back and forth precariously in the wind and made its entire body wobble precariously in midair for a moment. However, then long feathers similar to the ones on its wings sprouted down the length of its tail, steadying it, and Aster's balance was sure once again.

The side of the cliff below the hole was made up of the same small piles that were inside it, Aster could tell by the texture as the slime grabbed it with its forelegs, managing to get purchase with its strong grip and curved claws, but they had been pushed down into such a small area by other things on every side of it that they were as strong as solid ground, so holding on wasn't an issue, at least with its forelegs. The slime's feet were more of an issue, since the claws there were all straight, and not meant for holding things. As Aster scrabbled with its feet, holding its wings open to catch whatever wind it could, an idea slowly came to it. It didn't really balance on one of its toes anyway, the shorter one with the long sharp claw . . . what if it changed that one? As the slime concentrated, aspects of the animal that it had used to grow its foreclaws and another animal, the tan-colored one that it had used before, but in a different aspect now, merged together, until the long straight claw on both of its shorter toes was now curved and pointed straight up at the base, in a radically different direction than its other toes. Aster was able to move it by flexing it, and was able to dig its feet into the cliff now with that toe, securely holding the slime to the cliff side without needing to use its wings.

Now that it was in no danger of falling, the slime looked into the hole that it had widened. However, it couldn't see either of the other slimes inside. Maybe if there was more light, it would help. Aster remembered what seemed to be a long time ago, when it had glowed. Maybe it could do that again. Opening its mouth as wide as it could go, hinges and all, the slime emanated a bright glow from the slime within, hoping to catch the attention of the other two slimes with it. It didn't want to have to back inside the horrible-smelling hole, after all.

Tail feathers - Owl secondary feathers + coconut leaf arrangement

Retractable curved claw - Cassowary claw + owl claw + mountain lion claw + retractability (because it's not against the rules if they're not from extinct animals)

Edited by Avialae

Topaz

It didn't like the new organics. The pokey stuff seemed the threaten to pierce it's gentle slime skin. Although, curiousity drove the slime to try some. It ate a piece or two. It felt the pokey stuff inside of it. It was.. pleasent? Not exactly the best taste in the world, but it had somewhat of a nice.. air to it.

The slime then sat still. It wondered what was going on. One moment it was on some kind of non-organic, smooth enclosed area, before finding itself dumped into this odd organic filled place. It felt uncomfortable, the pokeys making it wonder if it made the wrong choice.