Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Not only could Aster feel the other two slimes with this new feeling of its, but it could feel all other sorts of organics moving around, from the nearby wall of tall leafy ones that hadn't been eaten by the hot light. The slime couldn't feel those with its new sense so much, but it could feel lots of tiny organics crawling all over them. Even though there was still lots of Loud left to eat, this new sense was almost enough to make Aster want to investigate, but the fact that the slime would hardly get any energy at all from the tiny organics it could sense was enough to make Aster see sense. But there were also organics a great deal larger than the tiny ones crawling all over the tall leafy ones in range of Aster's new sense, ones that weren't the other two slimes. Aster was torn over whether to keep eating Loud or to go and investigate these new organics that it now knew were here.

OOC: Sorry. I didn't see the edited post.

Edited by Avialae

The slime pushed forward slowly, trying to piece together where it was. Organics brushed against it's clear, smooth 'skin.' It pressed against the soft wall, covered in small things that pricked at it's outsides. It sat there quietly, reluctant to ingest any organics until it knew what they were.

((I really have no idea when to grow something.))

@Soulking: I looked up "roundfish spearfish" but didn't see anything. Link?

(I meant Roundscale Spearfish, sorry.)

((Avilae - after some discussion with Viirin, we came to an agreement that Zeditha could not have been taken away in the car. Therefore, I edited - please read my new post!

I can't think of much to say, so assume Zeditha is basically still just stuffing her face.))

OOC @ Soulking: That's one beautiful fish. I must have missed when you grew eyes. Looking at your unlock list, they can only be from a shark. That right? Otherwise I need an edit to keep you blind. Also, you're a couple hundred feet off the beach, into the sea. But not deep water. No where near it. But it was a fish that was beaching itself.

@Avialae: I plan on the full game having electric eel + copper bones unlocking the minimap.

@Eaaem: Not allowed to grow anything yet. Have to eat something first smile.gif Eat, me reply, then possibly you start to grow stuff, but not yet.

----------------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: sponge) The slime noticed something else, too. After the big shiny had left, Small started wandering off somewhere. Where was it going? It seemed to be going off of the flat black, down the hill and under the... ground? The thing the slimes were on, where Loud had come from originally. Runner wasn't a runner anymore, and hadn't been, but it was doing something odd, too. It was... twitching?

@Aster: The slime started to be able to calm down, but it had to shake around a little bit first for some reason. No, there was a reason, and it was obvious. The new ability was overcompensating itself... it was somehow reacting with the slime's... The slime's internal hard parts were harder than that of even the hard parts made by Angry. They weren't this super hard part entirely, only in patches, but the slime hadn't been able to complete the transformation. It just didn't have enough of the right foods to do it, probably. But noticing the ability was stronger than it should have been when it channeled it through the super hard parts of its internal pieces, it made it more bearable.

@Teethy: The creature seemed to be overwhelmed, too. With the long, sharp thing no longer attached to it, it also seemed to want to stop moving. It hadn't thrashed anywhere near as much as the slime would have thought it should have if it was able to think that deeply, but it wasn't. Either way, the slime soon felt the wet move again and force it, and the now not-moving thing that had injured it so much, onto the ground. The wet ground below the wet? It...

@Topaz: Soft. That's all the slime knew. Soft, and organic. Edible. Wet. Cold. Not rotten. That's all the slime could tell, and it had no capacity to be able to understand anything further, not at the point it was at. Maybe after it consumed as much as it could, and wandered around a bit and experienced more, it could be more timid, but right now, that wouldn't be a good idea.

OOC @ Soulking: That's one beautiful fish. I must have missed when you grew eyes. Looking at your unlock list, they can only be from a shark. That right? Otherwise I need an edit to keep you blind. Also, you're a couple hundred feet off the beach, into the sea. But not deep water. No where near it. But it was a fish that was beaching itself.

@Avialae: I plan on the full game having electric eel + copper bones unlocking the minimap.

@Eaaem: Not allowed to grow anything yet. Have to eat something first smile.gif Eat, me reply, then possibly you start to grow stuff, but not yet.

----------------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: sponge) The slime noticed something else, too. After the big shiny had left, Small started wandering off somewhere. Where was it going? It seemed to be going off of the flat black, down the hill and under the... ground? The thing the slimes were on, where Loud had come from originally. Runner wasn't a runner anymore, and hadn't been, but it was doing something odd, too. It was... twitching?

@Aster: The slime started to be able to calm down, but it had to shake around a little bit first for some reason. No, there was a reason, and it was obvious. The new ability was overcompensating itself... it was somehow reacting with the slime's... The slime's internal hard parts were harder than that of even the hard parts made by Angry. They weren't this super hard part entirely, only in patches, but the slime hadn't been able to complete the transformation. It just didn't have enough of the right foods to do it, probably. But noticing the ability was stronger than it should have been when it channeled it through the super hard parts of its internal pieces, it made it more bearable.

@Teethy: The creature seemed to be overwhelmed, too. With the long, sharp thing no longer attached to it, it also seemed to want to stop moving. It hadn't thrashed anywhere near as much as the slime would have thought it should have if it was able to think that deeply, but it wasn't. Either way, the slime soon felt the wet move again and force it, and the now not-moving thing that had injured it so much, onto the ground. The wet ground below the wet? It...

@Topaz: Soft. That's all the slime knew. Soft, and organic. Edible. Wet. Cold. Not rotten. That's all the slime could tell, and it had no capacity to be able to understand anything further, not at the point it was at. Maybe after it consumed as much as it could, and wandered around a bit and experienced more, it could be more timid, but right now, that wouldn't be a good idea.

(Oh yeah, I forgot I didn't grow eyes yet.)

Stopping for a second and feeling his body shrink on itself to conserve the energy he still had Crell opens his mouth and lets a bubble out from inside him before he starts thrashing and shoots through the wet as fast as he can towards the huge thing in the distance. Hunger and pain were pulsating through his body and it made him speed up more as he focused on whatever was in the distance.

Swimming through the wet and keeping just under the surface he keeps heading towards the huge but small thing in the distance.

((Ohhh, thanks. I'll eat something next post.))

The slime pushed forward slightly, feeling the soft cold organics against it's slime. Maybe it could eat some in awhile. But for now, it was good to find a better place to stay. It edged forward until it found even more of the organics. It stopped and tried to figure out what this stuff was. It felt safe here though, and was wondering whether it should eat now or later.

Just as the shaking finally died down, Aster noticed a small furry brown creature scurrying around near where it was standing on Loud's body. Apparently the three smaller slimes weren't the only ones who had decided to help themselves to all the free organic that Loud had left behind - the furry brown organic seemed to be stuffing small bits of the giant slime's flesh in its mouth as it ran around.

Even though there was plenty of Loud to go around, and Aster was still full enough that it didn't feel the need to consume the little brown organic, it felt something inside of it - the same thing that had so recently allowed it to sense the organics moving around it - automatically build itself up and release itself in a burst toward the nearby little brown organic - or try to, anyway. Something in the thick plant matter Aster was currently using for skin was trapping the burst of crackling energy inside of it, not letting it get out and reach the nearby organic. This plant matter was good for armor, but not so good for other things, apparently. Aster knew instinctively that if it got rid of the plant matter, and grew a covering for itself that was similar to that of the animals it could sense with this new sense, the energy that Aster had just learned it was now able to make would have more success passing through that covering, and be able to reach other organics. But if Aster did that, the slime would be more vulnerable to other creatures like Angry. On the other hand, Aster knew instinctively that if it was able to get these bursts of energy to reach other creatures, the slime would be able to cause quite a bit of damage to them, and Aster was a lot bigger and more formidable than it had been when it had first grown the armor, anyway. Maybe the trade-off would be worth it.

As Aster began to eat at the underside of its plant covering with its slime so it could replace it with skin, the slime realized that Small was beginning to disappear from its new sense as it moved further and further away from Aster's location on top of Loud. The slime looked in the direction of Small's fading energy signature and saw . . . a hole? Going under the ground . . . sideways? How had that happened? Curious, Aster began to follow Small's signature down the hole, chirping at Big to follow as it went.

OOC: Aster saw a rat and instinctively tried to stun it, only to fail because its skin is made of redwood bark and that doesn't conduct electricity well. It's currently replacing the bark "skin" with actual skin to fix the problem, and is following Avisk . . . wherever it's currently going. What is the "hole" that Drat came out of and Avisk is going down, anyway?

((ARGH I forgot to post yesterday! We were very busy decorating and somehow, Azure Wyrm slipped my mind...

I still have no idea what my event requests are, but hey. If this post isn't in the time range, and I suspect it isn't, that doesn't matter anyway.))

After continuing to eat Big, Zeditha decided she was actually quite full. She wanted to eat more, to learn more things, but she felt as if she could burst through her scaly skin if she ate too much more. Looking up and around instead, she noticed Small going towards the hole Big had come from, and Runner trying to do something to a small green furry thing. Runner soon followed Small, though, and made a motion towards Zeditha which she presumed was intended for her to do the same. With nothing better to do, she ran after the other two slimes, sometimes flapping her wings for extra speed. She caught up about when the others reached the hole. Hmm, well it was a hole all right. After a brief look at the others, Zeditha jumped in and began making her way down the hole. It seemed to lead only one way, sideways and slightly down, so Zeditha followed it, making sure the other two were nearby. She couldn't see far, but she could hear something... snuffling. Wondering what it could be, Zeditha went forwards carefully, keeping her ears perked. Hopefully, she'd hear if anything came at them.

((I suddenly know what I want for my halloween request. I want to find glow sticks in this hole. xd.png))

((Yup, growing eyes ^.^ ))

Sometimes the slime hated when it changed, but the last time that it had been in pain, it had gained a couple of fun new appendages... so maybe this change would also be good? But for now, it was painful, and tiring, and wow it was hungry... Were there any organics on the ground it was on? The slime did not want to have to move far for food, but if need be it would wander aimlessly until it happened upon treasure. After all, it worked out before, it could work again. It twitched its feet and cringed at the itching at the opposite end. Then it pitifully kicked at the ground to propel itself on the highly frictional surface. Sh. Sh. Oh, woe is it! It could not move very far! It should consider the theatre, the lazy slimeball.

((*doesn't know where Avisk is going* *rolls with it anyways*))

Avisk took a larger chunk of the large dead slime as it started to wander off. The big shiny thing of noise was gone now and that had drawn attention to the giant hole where Big had come from. Maybe more special things were down there perhaps? Something was drawing it to the hole and so Avisk followed this instinct and slowly made its way down, rattling with its new louder-rattle-scales for the other two to follow.

The slime stopped for a second when it thought it felt another big shiny prepared to come toward the black flat, but it turned out just to be the memory of the other one hitting Big. The scales on Avisk changed a bright red color for only a moment, showing anger for what had happened to Big as that memory flashed through. Once it was gone, the colors shifted back to blending in with the surroundings.

It rattled one last time to let the others know where it was should they care before wandering closer to the hole. Looking back, it saw at least Unsure was following and then soon Kind followed. Kind was in a hurry to get down the hole, and despite jumping in, Avisk had beat it to entering. Little did Avisk realize however, Kind had taken a different path through the hole than itself had and that was quickly found out when the shuffling soon was just its own noise.

One shake. One loud rattle-noise followed. It echoed through the hole oddly enough, scaring away small crawly things and one squishy thin thing that burrowed its way back to the earth. A loud thump happened too. Great. Would Unsure followed Kind? Or itself? Would it need to follow Kind now? Or should it continue on itself and see what happens?

Turning around in this hole was actually somewhat harder than expected. A rock had fallen beside it, creating a hole big enough only for Avisk to really fit in normally, much less turn around. It supposed it could walk forward more and turn around, but what if the rock fell? It couldn't see enough if that would prevent both Kind and Unsure from following and didn't exactly want to chance loosing them either.

((Short post is short.))

The slime decided it should eat something. So, hugging the wall, it consumed some of the organics. It then sat there. Now what? Was something going to happen, or did it waste it's time.

Edited by eaaem

((Sorry for not posting. I kinda of absolutly forgot. sad.gif ))

The Slime decided that maybe the other slime-like thing was food. Even if it wasn't, it wouldn't hurt to take a small bit would it? The Slime was about to go forward when it remembered the hard things. Maybe they were for helping to eat? It readied itself and then moved forward with a horn pointing at the other thing. Straight at the other thing.

OOC @ Avialae: The three of you are on top of an asphalt road (flat black). At the exact point you're at, it's a bridge. Many years ago there was a stream, but it's dry and has been so long that only an observant human would ever be able to tell water ever flowed there. Garbage trucks have been dumping their loads over the edge of the bridge, and it's been piling up more and more. It's poured out through the opposite side of the bridge. There are multiple holes, which are really just where garbage hasn't piled yet below the underbridge arches.

@Dragonhatchling: I made a slideshow so you can see the images that Avisk has been able to decipher: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1s5L...dit?usp=sharing

EVENT UPDATE

Zeditha, your request (Trick: Luminescent Fluid) was valid. You talked to me over Skype during the event, so you qualify.

Avialae, your request (Trick: Dextroamphetamine) was valid. You sent me a PM during the event so you qualify.

Dragonhatchling, I didn't get a request from you, but we talked a little over Facebook during the event, so you qualify. Just tell me what you want once you figure it out.

Eaaem, I didn't get a request from you, but you posted during the event, so you qualify. Tell me what you want as a reward and I'll try to get it to you quickly.

Booksv2, I didn't get a request from you (or if I did I don't remember) so just write it in the Big File under your slime names once you figure out what they are. We talked over Skype so I'll see what you qualified.

Emeelia, you posted during the event, so you qualify. Let me know what kind of reward you want when you figure it out.

Soulking, you privately messaged me during the event with a couple ideas, so you qualify. Only one of your requests was valid (hallucinagen), so if you decide to keep that one, then I'll get it to you once I can. Let me know what the hallucinagen source is first; it'll affect how it gets used and unlocked.

-----------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: Indian scorpion poison gland, dandelion, ammonia gland) There were some strange things of all kinds sitting around in clumps, all part of a giant pile down there. Something caught the slime's attention though, as it was a color the slime never saw before. It was white, or almost white, but with a very faint hint of something of some other color inside. It couldn't tell what it was. Green, maybe? Blue? The slime couldn't tell. It was like the color was trapped and hiding within the white thing.

@Aster: It was somewhat dark at the entrance, but much darker the deeper the slime looked into the hole. However, the bright circle in the up was moving very slowly (every time the slime noticed it, it did that) but it was moving from the green side of the flat black to the black side. The same side the slime was on, where it was looking in the hole. But the slime didn't need to be THAT patient!

@Avisk: (unlocked: red pigment, sponge, dry ice gland, pineapple) There was a... thing. The slime wasn't entirely sure what it was, but it was round, and far bigger than the slime could fit in its mouth, though it was the size the slime could curl around. Or on top of. But it was smooth, and round... round. Round and shiny. SHINY!!! At least it looked shiny. Like it would be if there was light directly on it...

@Topaz: (unlocked: spiderweb, moss) There were small things, hard, smooth, with pokey bits sticking out, that the slime had found along the flat thing to its side. There were little tiny, but durable masses of threads too, but also some soft and spongy... something. Whatever this stuff was, it was at least filling enough to fuel the slime to want to find more.

@Tch'ah: Starting to be able to make use of its new things it was growing, the slime... there were places that were darker than others, and some places that were so bright and shiny that it hurt to even aim its new parts in that direction. Whatever its new senses were telling it, it was a bit too much at the moment. But it was used to touching things, and something small touched it a little bit and assured the slime that it didn't lose anything.

@Selim: The slime did NOT like that! When it poked the thing that felt like itself, or maybe it did it on its own as the slime approached...? Anyway, when the slime poked it with the point of its hard part, it erupted and then the slime was wet, and the other thing wasn't there anymore. It would have been a comfort with the wetness, but the wetness wasn't refreshing at all. It tasted awful!

Atrocitas absorbed the organic under the wriggling things, burrowing into the organic much as they were. It consumed all the stuff it could possibly reach, determined to take all the organic away from them. And then maybe Atrocitas would take them too.

((AVISK GOT PINEAPPLE!!! I'll see if I can give you guys cancer so we can all share useful unlocks. Such as Pineapple. XP

Also, I am assuming that this strange thing you described in the hole is the glowstick I wanted, so I'm totally gonna eat it.))

Hmm, strange. There seemed to be a liquid inside some kind of... container. The colour was inside that, in a container inside the container. How odd! Zeditha approached the thing, and grabbed it with her paws. The outer container was made of some kind of squishy-hard stuff, which she could bend easily, but the inner container was hard. On an impulse, Zeditha tried to bend it. trying with only her paws failed - they weren't designed for this - but by grabbing onto it with her beak as well, she successfully managed to bend the inner container - oh. It broke. Hey, what was happening? The colour bit was leaking from the break into the outer container, making it glow! Zeditha dropped the glow-thing and moved away, in case it was like the hot light from earlier, but it didn't seem to get any warmer, so she approached again. Glowing like that could be useful! She picked up the glow-thing in her beak and bit down hard. It took several tries, but eventually, the squishy-hard broke and the mixture of liquids seeped into her mouth. Yuck! They were very bitter.

((I'll leave it there because I don't want to fail at describing the absorption process. But hopefully, she'll start to glow a lot, and the other two will see it.

I hope it is the glowstick, or I'll have to figure out what else could fit the description, and I can't think of anything else that would. xd.png))

Something was patting its side. Or, er, poking it, but it was the same to the slime who leaned into the contact. And then fell on top of the small thing. Plop. Oh, well, may as well absorb whatever it was while it was at it, so the slime started consuming what it hoped was an organic thing. The goop was trying to ignored the new sights that insisted on overwhelming its new eyes, burning the poor sensitive organs with bright bright light and too dark darkness, and not able to discern much in between... unless it stared hard downwards. When it did that, the dark shapes turned a bit less black and more greyish, and the blobs that it saw began to take definition... and then sharp pain pierced through its eyeballs. Ack! It tried to move some slime over its eyes as little shutters to peek through, but only got aching because its lids were not ready yet.

Oops, it had paused bid-absorption. It really ought to concentrate on its meals, better. (Difficult when growing new body parts, yes, but still neccessary!)

Even though it was dark just inside the sideways hole where Aster was standing, for some reason the slime wasn't having any trouble seeing what was going on around it, even discounting its new sense (owl vision). There was a path leading into the distance, but as Aster looked in that direction it could tell its vision was gradually growing dimmer until all the slime could see in the distance was darkness. It was only here, at the edge of the hole near the light, that Aster could still see. The slime had always known that it needed light to see, though. Apparently it just needed less now.

Looking at Big and Small inside the hole, Aster could see that both of them had already found things to investigate. Not seeing anything interesting on the ground, Aster turned its attention to the giant pile inside the hole gathered together in clumps. The outside of the pile didn't seem to be organic, but Aster could smell organic farther in. Reaching out with its forelegs, the slime grabbed the edge of the pile in front of it and squeezed its claws together as hard as it could, trying to break through the inorganic surface.

To the slime's surprise, the pile part came open almost immediately, nearly exploding with all the pressure Aster had put into getting inside of it. Small bits of organic and inorganic alike shot out and downwards as the pile piece was suddenly reduced to a small flat strip covered in wet hanging from Aster's claws. Before the slime had time to fully process what had just happened several more pile pieces from above, dislodged by Aster removing the one below it, tumbled down the slope of the pileside and landed smack on top of Aster. Squawking indignantly the slime flapped its wings furiously and managed to get the pile pieces off of itself, and then eyed the pile warily to make sure no more of the pieces were going to come tumbling down. Fortunately, things seemed to be safe, at least for the moment.

The ground was now littered with pieces of organic thanks to Aster's latest actions. Although the slime had eaten a great deal from Loud only recently, it had also grown a few new things, and while it wasn't particularly hungry it wouldn't mind eating either. Focusing all its senses on the ground, Aster began to look for organic that either looked good to eat or to learn about further.

The slime was wondering about the wett. It tasted awful but could it be useful? The driving instinct in the slime said yes. So the slime reluctantly absorbed the wet that was on it. Then it moved over to where the rest of the wet was and began to absorb that. It tasted absoulutly awful. The grain stuff even seemed to have some of it in there now.

Teethy sank, sank and sank. As he grew eyes with this slowly-absorbed mass he was terrified, now not only hearing and feeling his descent, he now saw it too. He was scared and alone, with no allies and now he knew, that there were things that wanted him to die and maybe there were other unfriendly slimes. He decided to keep sinking, he needed power, he needed to grow and what better place than the deep, where there is sure to be big things. Teethy decided to grow much larger than he already was, using the rest of his recently absorbed mass.

Edited by Soulking

OOC

So, there's another event- Thanksgiving, on this coming Thursday (Remember, I'm in GMT-5, or the Eastern time zone). Same participation rules as any other Event.

Thanksgiving:

Explorer: Christopher Columbus didn't discover crap. He was an idiot that got lost easily and refused to admit it. It was actually Leif Erickson, a viking. He also discovered Iceland and Greenland and named them. He named the beautiful, lush, green land he found "iceland" so no one would want to go there and he could have it all for himself. Greenland is the frozen useless land that we STILL can't even make use of, really. (Guy was a joker.) Anyway, the event rewards from this selection are "anything new to your slime" which kinda means everything you didn't already eat/unlock.

Pillage: Choose an unlock that another slime already has! It can be an active or retired slime. The other slime still keeps their unlock, just you get it, too. Has to do with Columbus' history of kidnapping native Americans and selling them as slaves.

Banquet: Traditionally, Thanksgiving is a time of peaceful offerings from the natives to the pilgrims, so they could have abundant amounts of food. Turkey, cranberry sauce, and other stuff is eaten all day long on this day. Choose either something from a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner, or just some sort of other food you'd personally bring to a 'pot luck', or 'community meal where every person eats whatever they want, and also brings something to contribute to the group'.

OOC @ Everyone: Sorry I haven't updated for a couple weeks, I had tried to but no ideas came to mind and I didn't wanna waste everyone's time with a crappy post. So, I've had this tab open, partially written, since last friday. It's almost tuesday now. Anyway, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

@Crell: (unlocked: hidden unlock) The slime still couldn't tell what it was, but at least it was organic, now that it was reached. It vaguely reminded the slime of being on dry grainy land like it was at the beginning, though the texture was wrong. Whatever it was, it...

The slime started absorbing it as best it could, finally starting to regain some of its energy, but something was wrong. It wasn't only organic...?

@Atrocitas: (unlocked: sphynx cat) The thing the slime found under the wigglys was... significantly different than anything else it found so far. Absorbing it and starting to recognize what it was, and how it moved, it quickly became obvious to the slime that this thing had a superior ability to move around, and could get to things that many other things never could.

@Zeditha: From within the slime's mouth... no. Yes? The area started getting brighter, though very slowly. Looking down, it was the slime's beak that started to glow. Then some lines along the outside of its throat, then bottom of its... in between its legs and below its wings. It was still spreading, but not very quickly. There was a tiny, but bright point of light at the far end of the hole the slime was in, but it wasn't the same color. It was daylight at the bottom of the hole?

@Tch'ah: The inorganic thing finally somehow came off the slime, though it felt its limb was injured- partially sliced through? It hurt, but not as much as being really, really hungry. Strange. Anyway, whatever wigglyness was wiggling, it... what WAS going on? The slime didn't remember at all. Maybe the environment didn't remember? That didn't make sense. Absorb. The wiggly things weren't wiggly after all; they were nonmoving but did move when the slime moved on top of them.

@Teethy: (unlocked: baleen) There were strange things on the bottom of the wet, where there was large amounts of inorganic grainyness, there were also other... things? Inorganic things, mostly. Some of it was organic, but most of them were so... the slime wasn't sure. But something strange about them told the slime that they should probably be avoided for some reason. But not all of it! Some pieces were extremely hard and dense, but were obviously organic.

@Selim: Wherever the awful wet was coming from, somehow the slime forgot? Well, what mattered is that it decided to absorb it and see what it could do, or what it was. It was quickly something that became obviously bad, though the odd feeling it gave (it didn't exactly hurt) was spreading through every one of the slime's cells quickly. It... was... it felt like it was some sort of thing that didn't really do much by itself, but had different effects based on what other thing it came in contact with. To the slime, it seemed to have two different combining elements, but it didn't know what it was.

@Aster: The organic explosion remains were putrid and unleashed a scent that had been very slight before, but after the explosion, it was really, really, obvious! It made the slime... well it isn't like it hadn't encountered an equal scent before. The only other time it found something so potent was when it had consumed some of the liquid from before that let it add Angry's wings to itself.

OOC @ Everyone: Sorry I haven't updated for a couple weeks, I had tried to but no ideas came to mind and I didn't wanna waste everyone's time with a crappy post. So, I've had this tab open, partially written, since last friday. It's almost tuesday now. Anyway, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

@Crell: (unlocked: hidden unlock) The slime still couldn't tell what it was, but at least it was organic, now that it was reached. It vaguely reminded the slime of being on dry grainy land like it was at the beginning, though the texture was wrong. Whatever it was, it...

The slime started absorbing it as best it could, finally starting to regain some of its energy, but something was wrong. It wasn't only organic...?

@Atrocitas: (unlocked: sphynx cat) The thing the slime found under the wigglys was... significantly different than anything else it found so far. Absorbing it and starting to recognize what it was, and how it moved, it quickly became obvious to the slime that this thing had a superior ability to move around, and could get to things that many other things never could.

@Zeditha: From within the slime's mouth... no. Yes? The area started getting brighter, though very slowly. Looking down, it was the slime's beak that started to glow. Then some lines along the outside of its throat, then bottom of its... in between its legs and below its wings. It was still spreading, but not very quickly. There was a tiny, but bright point of light at the far end of the hole the slime was in, but it wasn't the same color. It was daylight at the bottom of the hole?

@Tch'ah: The inorganic thing finally somehow came off the slime, though it felt its limb was injured- partially sliced through? It hurt, but not as much as being really, really hungry. Strange. Anyway, whatever wigglyness was wiggling, it... what WAS going on? The slime didn't remember at all. Maybe the environment didn't remember? That didn't make sense. Absorb. The wiggly things weren't wiggly after all; they were nonmoving but did move when the slime moved on top of them.

@Teethy: (unlocked: baleen) There were strange things on the bottom of the wet, where there was large amounts of inorganic grainyness, there were also other... things? Inorganic things, mostly. Some of it was organic, but most of them were so... the slime wasn't sure. But something strange about them told the slime that they should probably be avoided for some reason. But not all of it! Some pieces were extremely hard and dense, but were obviously organic.

@Selim: Wherever the awful wet was coming from, somehow the slime forgot? Well, what mattered is that it decided to absorb it and see what it could do, or what it was. It was quickly something that became obviously bad, though the odd feeling it gave (it didn't exactly hurt) was spreading through every one of the slime's cells quickly. It... was... it felt like it was some sort of thing that didn't really do much by itself, but had different effects based on what other thing it came in contact with. To the slime, it seemed to have two different combining elements, but it didn't know what it was.

@Aster: The organic explosion remains were putrid and unleashed a scent that had been very slight before, but after the explosion, it was really, really, obvious! It made the slime... well it isn't like it hadn't encountered an equal scent before. The only other time it found something so potent was when it had consumed some of the liquid from before that let it add Angry's wings to itself.

((Did you post a starter to mine yet? I think you may have forgotten ;-; ))

Edited by Melomancer

The slime shuddered at the pain, somewhat from its limb, mostly from the wave of hunger and fatigue that washed through its cells. Distracted or not, the slime concentrated solely on eating as ravenously as it could, squishing itself close to the organics in hopes of quickening the absorption process. Gnawing, aching, empty. It needed to fill, and these strange sometimes-wriggly things would do since they were near! It closed its new eyelids, ignoring the prickles beneath them. More important things were at stake at the moment! Food, rejuvenating energy!