Viirin

Azure Wyrm

I'm back on the hunt for a new forum, again. I swear I have to build my own from scratch just to get something to do what I need. So, we'll stay here for now.

@Soulking: Those don't live there. But there has been a lot of garbage redistribution, so I can have you find something laughably similar!

@Avialae: I'm assuming you're going to become more dragonlike and less gryphonlike in the future though?

@Lumikkja: Don't worry about it, my mental and physical health have been bad for the last few months so being able to be creative enough to do this has been difficult on me, too smile.gif Also, you said you can see, but I didn't write down what kind of eyes you have. What are you seeing with?

@Zeditha: Since you didn't do the edits I asked for, I worked it into the roleplay as you being hopelessly deranged. Don't make me make it permanent.

-------------------------------------------------

@Selim: It was small, and slow, but the slime could tell it was going to become much longer, just like how its other things worked. But it could already start to tell... something... something was very potent in some funny way right next to it. But not touching the slime. To its left. The slime couldn't tell exactly what it was, but it was very... it would make the slime change a lot. That much was obvious.

@Serket: It wasn't really a taste, but a feeling. That would be easy to remember! But actually, there was a taste. Something stuck on one or two of the inorganic sharp pieces... it was still inorganic, but crumbly. Hard. But... The slime wasn't sure. But after it had shifted a few things to position itself, it found something that tasted extremely bitter, and... dust? Sand? It felt similar to the ground, and the taste from the sharps, but it was organic.

@Zeditha: The slime realized it was staring at a mound of dirt on the side of the flat black. That wasn't Small. That wasn't a slime. That wasn't anything! What was WRONG with the slime to make it so extremely obviously wrong? Small was over at Big's corpse, eating. Also, it didn't have nubs on its back. It had fully grown wings. It had had them for awhile, it seemed. The slime realized that whatever it was that was affecting it like this, if it continued... out of embarrassment it would have to travel alone.

@Avisk: (unlocked: rattlesnake rattle, hummingbird) Consuming the softer parts of the now dead slime was curious- the slime already had already known how to rattle its scales to make noise, but now it also knew how to copy and make use out of the much better scales that this slime had! A sound far away made a noise, but it was really far away and across from the plain of black and charred...ness. A lot of the puffy was even gone now, and the slime felt a breeze.

@Aster: (unlocked: electric eel, diamondback rattlesnake pattern) Consuming the dead slime was not as easy as it initially appeared, but the slime was able to find a way to make it work. Its new parts were growing steadily, but at a slow rate. The biggest of the three slimes that were usually together was off across the flat black, flopping around and rubbing itself on a mound of dirt. What the heck was it doing? But then after a little while it righted itself and looked at the corpse and... looked embarrassed? It was annoyingly shiny now that the light was starting to come out since most the black puffy was gone from the up.

@Crell: The slime felt small organic things it was able to get a hold of, but not all the ones it remembered. The pressure was starting to hurt, starting to force the slime... it felt... this was bad! It didn't know what this feeling was called, what to name it, how to describe it. But it was not good for the slime. Not now. It had to stop going down and go back up, and do it soon!

@Teethy: The slime attacked the thing, but all it did was bob down in the wet, then back up again to where the slime was. Where was the slime, anyway? In the wet, still. Okay. But the thing didn't do anything back to the slime. It had encountered other things that didn't fight back but could be consumed, so maybe this was another! The slime attacked more, but it didn't respond. Tasting a little bit of it... it was... not organic.

@Tch'ah: The slime found that it was... stuck. It was stuck in a thing, an inorganic thing, stuck under the ground at the bottom of the wet. It pulled. It was pulling! Pulling sideways? There was some other thing, another inorganic that the slime never noticed before, because it was so thin. The slime couldn't get out from the tangle it was in now, and it felt itself being pulled away!

Edited by Viirin

((Appropriate. xd.png))

Zeditha slunk back to the pile. Small had seemed sad, of that she was certain, but he was fine now... She acted as though nothing had happened, although she kept her head low. Runner seemed to be looking at her, and she turned her back towards the other slime, avoiding the gaze. She dug her beak back into Big - what appeared to be part of a wing. There was still some membrane intact, but her beak with its sharpened points easily ripped it apart.

((I'm almost hoping this continues. It could be hilarious to watch Zeditha go crazy, not knowing whether things are real or not... haha... ha... *starts rambling about nothing*))

((OOC: Aster's new legs are supposed to be analogous to theropod forelimbs (I tried to explain that when I said that Aster didn't want to walk on them, which is why she grew the feet of a perching bird . . . sorry if that was unclear). She shouldn't really resemble a gryphon, in any case.))

As Aster's perfect forelimbs slowly grew, the slime realized that more of the original animal must have gotten in there than it had realized before, since the slime could pull them back in a folded position similiar to that of its wings when it wasn't using them. That was a characteristic that the original animal's forelimbs had, but not the hindlimbs Aster had taken the majority of the design from, or the animal Aster had taken the length and flexibility from. Well, it was comfortable, so Aster wasn't complaining.

Experimentally, Aster reached forwards with one of the not-yet-fully-grown limbs and clenched and unclenched the foot at the end of it, trying to get a feel for what it was like. The leg was still too short for Aster to be able to reach much of anything with it, but the slime was able to realize even now that it would be perfect for holding and grasping objects once it was fully grown, just like it had thought before. Its grip was very strong already, and the long curved claws would make it very difficult for the slime to lose its hold on something. As Aster stared at the foot, the slime realized that it was covered in feathers just like it had been on the animal the slime had copied it from. Feathers with strange frayed edges. In fact, now that Aster inspected itself, all of its feathers had taken on the same frayed edges. Strange. But now the slime didn't make nearly so much noise as it moved around. That would make it easier to sneak up on prey, wouldn't it? So it was all right.

Aster was now facing the direction of the black expanse that the hot light had eaten. Even though the slime had traveled across it, it hadn't realized that there was so much of it before. A sound? Was a sound coming across it? The feathers on the top of its head lifted up in curiosity - wait, since when had its feathers been able to move on their own like that? Yes, now two tufts of feathers on Aster's head seemed to have gained the ability to move around, but not anywhere else on its body, for some reason. Now that Aster thought about it, its eyesight and hearing seemed to have gotten a bit better too. Once the slime finished searching itself for new changes, it returned its attention to the sound. A sound meant something was coming, after all. Aster turned its gaze to the horizon to see if it could spot anything coming, then looked at Big and Small to see if they'd noticed anything. The slime took a few bites from Loud's dead body while it was at it. If this noise was a threat, they would need all the strength they could get to drive it off, plus this would stop it from getting any. But, Aster reminded itself, they shouldn't be too hasty. They needed to be on their guard of course, but they shouldn't make rash decisions.

OOC: Aster now has Eurasian eagle owl hearing and vision (a general enhancement and ability to see in reduced light, not that that's useful right now), feathers (near silent flight and movement) and eartufts (I just like them).

Avisk grew the rattly scale pockets right away inside its own scales to mimic the scales the large creature had had. The only difference between these now were that the scale still retained the ability to change color. The woody needles were still meshed in as well, and still capable of producing boughts of fire. The slime gave an experimental shake, pleasantly surprised at the intensity of the sound. It had also now found out that allowing the needles to rest dampened that sound to be nearly silent again as before. Only the slight woody jingle of the needles occurred, but that never had really been anything to cause trouble. The color changing effects of the chameleon also was worked into the feathers of the wings. To prove this to itself, the wings rapidly shifted in color before matching the body's main color. That was unexpected and useful.

The slime also felt something odd going on with its wings. Muscles were changing somewhat and something was getting slightly stronger. Why? The slime wasn't going to test those to find out. The pincher on its back end opened and closed in amusement as well as a tail started to grow more. The tail was bendable and able to grip onto things as well. It held the same scale-needle network as its entire body, but kept the pincher at the very end. Avisk figured it could use that as another limb in some way, able to actually grab things with that even better with the sharp pinch. That would indeed be useful.

But the strange noise also caught Avisk's attention. Had its rattling caused that? Should it rattle again? It looked to Unsure and Kind, noticing Unsure glancing at them as if to check if they heard it too. Ok, so Unsure had heard it. Good. In response, the slime shook itself and rattled very loudly. It was very visibly happy about this, having to hardly shake once the needles weren't locked into resting position and allowed to also freely move. The new improvements to the scales was successful in making a much louder noise with less than half the effort it took before. And it still kept the woody slight undertone with the chitin for the underside as well that jingled along with it.

Avisk stopped that abruptly, testing to see how well it could stop the sound. The needles closed back on the scales and all sound stopped. Tentatively it moved back to the larger creature to take another bite out of it in preperation of meeting this possibly new creature. Only the slightest jingle of the woody needles occurred and to hear even that small noise you had to be near Avisk. If it was so needed, Avisk was sure it could sneak up on anything with its still smaller size. Closing the wings to its sides prevented even the woody needles from jingly, which it had forgotten to try to move with them shut- not being used to them. Sneaking up on prey would not be a problem now, especially with the color changing camouflage it still held.

((The strange occurrence with the wings are the hummingbird wing muscles and dexterity so Avisk can technically be a hummingbird without actually officially being a hummingbird. Acrobatic scaled slime lol. Hopefully everything else is rather explanatory. If not, let me know and I'll explain it.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Pulling the things he had grabbed into his mouth Crell started thrashing as the pressures on the outside make him hurt. Thrashing and trying to get higher crell starts to panic as it doesn't work as ell as he wants. Panicking and thrashing harder Crell stiffens as he feels something happen inside his body all at once. His stiffening allowing him to drop more he stops as whatever had been formed inside his body pulling energy from all over his body mkaing it hard to move, but while he was frozen for a second whatever had been formed inside his body stopped him falling. Staying where he is he doesn't feel more pain while the pain that was there stays. Staying where he had been Crell starts to move his body as he had from instincts and started going up again, the pressure very slowly lessening.

Sharp, thin edges rubbed around the slime's semi-solid shape, pressing and folding onto its goop. This wouldn't trouble the slime except for that it was being pulled away from delicious salty snacks! In protest the slime kicked, twisting in the loop and catching one of its legs onto yet another loop as it left the sandy bottom. The slime couldn't kick properly with that leg held in a strange position, and its other leg flapping in the water was not moving it in any direction that the slime wanted to go, which was away from where it was actually being pulled. A little bit of panic surfaced as the slime was jerkily suspended.

user posted image

OOC So, I know of a way I can be half-content with the other forum I figured out, but to make it perfect, I'll have to build a forum entirely on my own. So, since DC has the biggest current playerbase, I'm asking you guys here: What do you think of eventually moving to the other forum where all of you from every forum can interact (and see your current stories which will be up-to-date) but still realize that I'll have to make some other one some other time, so another move will be needed later on? I want as many opinions as I can get. I'm looking for at least 5 players input. If you wanna remain anonymous with your answers, then just PM it to me.

@Dragon: Your pincer bug tail was exoskeletal plate, but now it's rattlesnake scale / goathead thorn? I know you're an artist so please draw how it looks for me smile.gif I'll pass it along to my artist. We're both trying to get in touch with each other physically so we can get characters drawn. Also, the runes above I grabbed from various sources (I tried to make them the same colors but my art skill sucks so hard I was only ruining everything, so I just stopped and let it be.) and those are the ones you've unlocked so far.

-------------------------------

@Tch'ah: The slime felt itself continue to get pulled, until eventually it felt itself coming out of the wet and be dragged across the ground. There was an organicness to it, but nothing distinct. After a short while, the slime felt something organic and heavy come from above and start to compress it, flattening it and smooshing it into the ground.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: liquid nitrogen gland) Something inside the slime started to grow after it ate a little more. But the thing was really weird- it was COLD. Not just a little cold, but REALLY cold! Knowing what the slime knew of how things like this grew and what a slime had to go through in order to get these- it was a surprise that the slime that had to go through that actually survived. The slime didn't think it would have.

@Avisk: (unlocked: runes) After consuming more of the slime's mass, something hit the slime. Not something physical, but something... something inside the slime's consciousness, that made it come to a realization. It was learning something, but not... it was similar to the slime's ability to recognize sounds as a specific meaning that it acquired from the yucky liquid. It was...

Too many images flashed in the slime's perception, clouding its vision. It was only able to pick out a few images from what it saw.

@Aster: (unlocked: peppermint scent, bioluminescence) Whatever the sound was, the slime was distracted by a flavor it hadn't encountered before. Not a flavor, but a scent. But the scent didn't come from the smell of the slime it was eating, and there wasn't anything in the air like this, but the scent was unmistakable. It was really, really minty. Sniffing around the area, the slime realized where it came from. It was inside the slime! But then it was gone. Looking around, the other slimes hadn't noticed it. It must have just been a really potent new thing.

@Crell: Some faint light was starting to return to the slime's eyes, but it wasn't fully able to recognize much of anything, if there was anything to see, and there didn't seem to be. At least the slime was hurting less quickly, though the quick raise was making one of the slime's glands activate, which made it start rising even faster!

((I'm personally happy with DC's forum, for now. Moving to one that's half-perfect, knowing that we'll move somewhere else, is not a good thing compared to staying at our two-thirds-perfect current forum. xd.png))

Hmm. Cold. Now how could that be useful? She thought about her other weapons: she had tiny-red-nasty mixed with food-that-wanted-to-be-eaten (She would have to name these, she decided). She had no-move, fall-asleep tiny-drifts. Did she have anything else? No, she'd combined them all, or not grown it. So... what could she do with cold?

Suddenly, she had an idea. the tiny-red-nasty mixed with food-that-wanted-to-be-eaten could be frozen, into little shards! Then, when they hit something, they would melt and deliver the tiny-red-nasty into the victim! Perfect!

It was a simple matter to hook the cold into the other thing, and Zeditha wanted to try it out. She looked around for a target. The mound she had thought was Small seemed like a good thing to kill. Moving a bit away from Big, she un-ate all three things at once. Instead of shards, it made pellets. Not awesome. After some experimenting, she found that if sheen-ate it a specific way, it came out as small shards. Good. Un-eating as forcefully as she could, one shard hit the mound, causing a lot of dust. It seemed to be melting a little, and there was lots of smoke. Feeling pleased, Zeditha wandered back to Big to continue eating. Who knew what else they could find?

Edited by Zeditha

Teethy decided to swim away after realizing it was in-organic, using his swim bladder to sink much faster than normally and hopefully find a organic, moving thing. Suddenly, he heard a thing swimming by and the water felt different, like something was moving through it. Teethy sensed it was smaller than him and had lots of sharp pokey things.

(I'd like to move.)

Edited by Soulking

((Interacting with other players is complicated... add to that the confusion of moving not just once, but twice? Probably best to wait until stability can be promised. I'm rather comfortable right now.))

SQUASH. That felt rather... funny. Also a bit alarming, but mostly really, very funny, except for its new leg-parts, which felt a little bit achey from the awkward splaying flat on the ground. Food had come and was simply sitting on top of it! That almost made up for the very strange trip in which the slime was scared out of its wits because of the total lack of control! ...Scratch that, it completely made up for the trip. This was worth it, the slime decided, and took on a more favorable view to surprises as its goop sucked on the organic that was squashing it best it could, all spread out underneath as it was. Little by little it can wear away at something big, right?

((OOC: I agree with Zeditha and Emeelia - I'd rather stay where we are for now if we're just going to move again later on.))

Now that the strange new scent had dissipated, Aster looked down at the other two slimes from its perch on top of Loud's corpse. They both seemed to have changed again as well. Small's tail had gotten much longer and Big was spitting out hard-looking whitish things that were shiny in a way that was similar, but not quite the same, to the rest of its body.

Aster was getting quite comfortable on its perch on top of Loud. Its high position allowed it to see farther around it than it would have if the slime had been on the ground, and there was something about being in such a high spot that just felt reassuring. The strange noise from across the charred expanse on the other side of the flat black strip seemed to have stopped for the moment, but that didn't mean whatever made it wasn't still out there. It might still come over to where the three slimes were. Maybe Big and Small should come on top of the dead Loud like Aster was as well. The slimes would be harder to reach there for anything that didn't have wings, and since they would the have the better vantage point up up there it would be easy for them to attack, if it was necessary. But the other two slimes didn't seem interested in getting on top of Loud's dead body at the moment. Aster would have to figure out a way to make the other two slimes come to it. Standing up straight, its neck positioned straight above its body, Aster let out several loud hoots one after another, (from eagle-owl,) hoping that the other two slimes would understand that Aster wanted them to gather close to itself on top of Loud.

Zeditha had just grabbed a beakful of Big's slime when she heard several hoots from somewhere up. She perked her ears as she swallowed, attempting to pinpoint the noise before looking around. She ended up turning around completely about three times before she spotted Runner on top of Big. Why was Runner hooting? Perhaps she should go up and see. She grabbed another piece of Big as she flew up, holding it in a paw as she landed. She made a curious-sounding trill at Runner before taking a look around.

Wow! She could see so much from up here - and she didn't have to fly around! It was a good place to be. Perhaps that was why Runner wanted them up here. She unfurled a wing and swept it across the view, before returning her gaze to Runner and repeating the trill. Was this what she needed to see?

((I think the trill is from... cat? Who knows. Just pick an animal that seems good. I thought it was bird-like-ish. If anyone wants to know exactly what it sounds like, Skype me and ask xd.png))

Some of the images still flashed along as Avisk's eyes shifted to survey its surroundings more. Why was Unsure making odd noises? Kind was moving toward Unsure too, but taking part of the larger slime with them? Did Unsure need something?

Avisk snapped up another large bite of the larger slime before climbing up to where Unsure and Kind were. It didn't yet move its wings much, those being comfortably rested along its side properly as it guessed they should be. It didn't dare try to fly. That was for later.

The slime rattled a little, testing out the rattling noise again as it got up to where the other slimes were. A slight pelicanesque noise came with, asking the question of "What is it?". Avisk wanted to be sure everything was alright.

Wiggling and pulling his body together Crell raises through the wet faster, his body starts feeling weird and as he raises through the wet and the pressure still around him pushes down on him. His both lengthens and goes from bulbus to half as big but much longer. While he does this his legs shift and gets smaller and smaller, the energy that had been used to make them coming back a little and as he wiggles and raises through the wet his mouth gets smaller and focuses on the end of the lengthened section of his body as the other end becomes flatter and slowly thickens up towards the slight widening just behind his mouth. Flipping himself around and wiggling his back half harder he shoots through the wet and little fins and protrudences come from his sides making him more stable as he now fly's through the water towards the light.

His eyes on either side of the bulbus thing that is now his head the bumpy area of his electro sense and the new addition to it he had yet to use or know Crell wiggles hard and bursts out of the wet to hang and move through the nonwet before crashing back down into the wet and sliding below the surface.

It had taken a little while, but eventually both other slimes had climbed up on top of Loud's corpse along with Aster. The slime chirped happily at knowing that both of its companions were up on this good spot alongside it, especially since the strange noisemaker still might show up. Hearing Small rattle its scales, and seeing Big extend its wing, Aster realized that the other two slimes were confused as to why the slime had wanted them to come on top of Loud's corpse. First, Aster extended its neck in the direction of the charred expanse they had just crossed, trying to get them to notice the view. Then it bent the front of its body towards body of Loud that it was standing on and, with its grasping forelimbs, managed to tug one of the giant slime's scales loose, then opened its grasp and dropped the scale on the ground below them. Hopefully the other two slimes would understand from that that they could use this height to their advantage if another threat like Angry showed up. With that, Aster resumed eating from the dead slime's side for the moment.

((I need a plot hook.))

The slime cautiously probed with the bendy thing. It could feel things that were a bit away. The Slime dint know what to make of it's new ability. It moved forward until it found an opening. It went through. Now it was back in the place where it was before. It probed and moved until there was only grainy inorganic. Then it felt something strange.

@Avisk, @Aster, and @Zeditha: A large shiny thing, similar to the thing that killed the biggest slime they had ever seen, appeared. It traveled along the black strip, went over to the side of it on the dirt, on the destroyed side. It sat there a moment, then two creatures got out of the thing! (Avisk understands this.) They were only on their back legs, which looked funny. Not so much funny, as uncoordinated. Anyway, each of the creatures had really thin but long tails that attached to the shiny thing.

One of them made noises, but the other one just stared with its big shiny eye. Then after another moment, the noisy one was silent. Then it made another noise. The creatures got back into the big shiny one, and it started to speed away.

@Crell: The slime felt wrong. Some of its parts felt like they wanted to fall off. Where was organic, anyway? The slime had gone a long time without any. Was there even anything out here? The slime didn't see anything, but it would have to soon to deal with its rapidly increasing hunger. At least being at the surface of the wet, it could look for two types of things- up things and down things.

@Teethy: The thing wasn't swimming on its own, after all. But it was stuck on something; just an organic piece of whatever it was. The slime wasn't sure, but it was at least organic. The spines were hard and felt connected to each other, but the organic thing seemed like it was from something entirely different.

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: duck bill) The organic was not as easy to consume as the slime thought it would be. But it was being absorbed, and the thing didn't even seem to notice! There were harder parts that it was consuming that were the difficult pieces, but the soft surrounding it dissolved easily. After absorbing for a little bit, the thing started to move.

@Selim: Whatever this was, it was organic, but strangely enough, it felt just like... the slime's own slime? It recoiled when it was touched. The environmental factors didn't even matter right now, something more important was here! The slime was still a very simple life form, very little genetic complexity and as such, it didn't have much in the way of intellectual prowess since it didn't have to develop its intellect because of too many competing, but equally powerfully compelling sets of instincts. But this thing that it just found- that was organic, moving, and reminded the slime of itself... what could that be?

Edited by Viirin

OOC @ Everyone: (I spammed this on all 5 sites I have this RP on)

It's that time again! For those of you new to the RP, I do events on lots of holidays! The closest event is Trick or Treat, which starts October 30th at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, and ends November 1st at 12:01 AM. That gives you 24 hours and 2 minutes to participate.

How does this event work? You choose one of the two types of event reward, and I try to get it to you as fast as I can in a believable way. If you update, or PM me (over the forums or facebook, or tell me verbally over teamspeak or skype) during the event time (like I said, the entire day of October 31) then you count as participating.

Halloween event:

Trick: Any disease, poison, or chemical you want to get a gland for. You can have these be planned as weapons or passive bonuses to your slime. You can get sleep medicine and hook it into your breath, making things you breathe on fall asleep. Or wake up, if you use that kind of medicine. Or make stuff throw up or maybe just infect things with diseases. You can even get abilities that make you unable to feel your own damage when you're fighting.

Treat: Any candy or other thing that you'd expect someone to give you in your "Trick or Treat" bucket. You might just want to generate sugar, or maybe make use of the food coloring as a pigment to your own skin color or something. You can also unlock certain plants by eating candy made from it (chocolate = cocoa plant + sugarcane, for example, plus you can grow chocolate). Maybe edible wax vampire teeth or fake blood? Lots of uses for various things.

If you have multiple slimes, then a different request has to be made for each one of them.

Floating on top of the wet for a few seconds Crell starts thrashing again shooting him through the wet as he searches for things to eat. The bumpy part of his body had moved in the recent changes and it was along one side of his body now seeming to travel down it in a slightly thinner but longer strip.

As he swims through the wet and gets better at it he uses the small protrusions on his body to angle and aim himself as he flys through the wet. Searching for anything giving off signals for him to feel and go for he goes down into the wet before shooting back up into the nonewet for a little, dropping back into the wet each time.

The slime noticed the movement, but thought little of it. So what if the mass was wiggling about? That was what fresh organic tended to do, no? But when the shifting starts to move off and away from the slime, well, that's a problem. Peeling itself from the ground, the slime reached to the organic, and touched it again-- and it moved away from its grasp! The slime was now able to hop towards where it thought the organic had moved toward, and it draped itself on the ungainly shape. However it tried, it would inevitable slip off, slowly but surely, and the slime was on its tiptoes trying to keep pushing itself to keep on the mass to absorb, absorb! But it was unable to taste much more, and suddenly there was a sharpness through itself body, and it was shaken, shaken, flung away. How troublesome that it could not reach, could not even tell from what direction the food is in any longer. An itching, burning sensation began, and with sudden realization the slime was horrified that it could not see! Before it had begun to change the slime had not known what it needed, or what it lacked, but the transformation had begun to instill a want for the sense, unfortunately prematurely as it had only just started to stitch the goops into appropriate shapes.

Edited by Emeelia

After what the other big shiny thing had done to Loud, Aster was a little intimidated by it, but the slime's fear was replaced by curiosity when the two uncoordinated-looking things got out of it. It was strange. Aster walked on its back legs as well, but when the slime inspected itself it didn't get the same sense of being about to fall over as it did when it looked at these -- what were they, anyway? At some point it had learned that it was possible for organics to live inside of other organics, but it wasn't sure this was that, since the two poorly designed creatures seemed to be the same shiny color as the shiny thing and appeared to be connected to it. Were they, then, another part of the shiny thing, maybe helping it to examine the environment around it in more detail, since the main body of the shiny creature seemed to lack that ability? Aster headed down Loud's tail, wanting to examine the strange new parts of the shiny thing, since they didn't seem to be as intimidating as its main body, but before the slime could get close, they went back inside the main body of the big shiny and were gone.

Aster began to feel a sort of prickling sensation right under its skin, but not just in one place - everywhere! Something new was growing now that its perfect forelimbs were almost finished, though the slime couldn't tell quite what yet since it had only just started. It seemed to encase Aster's entire body, though, and made it feel like it was being penetrated by a whole lot of sharp, narrow spines, even though there were no spines anywhere around it. Growing yet another new thing was making the slime hungry, though, so Aster began to tear into Loud's tail to compensate for the energy it was losing.

OOC: Aster is growing an electric eel's electric organ.

As Zeditha ripped her beak into another piece of Big, she heard something. Immediately alert, she took off into the air and circled, pinpointing the noise. It sounded like the big-shiny that had killed Big...

Circling higher, she spotted another big-shiny heading towards them! She rushed back to warn the others. They couldn't stay on Big, or they would get hit too! But, just as she was about to open her beak and make a sound, the big-shiny stopped. Well... that wasn't what she'd been expecting. Still, if it wasn't moving, it wouldn't hit them. She grabbed another bit of Big - couldn't hurt to have food around - and started towards the big-shiny. Except... it opened? Oh! It must be extending wings of some sort. At least, she thought that until two things came out of it, connected to the big-shiny by thin tubes, leading to what appeared to be large, shiny eyes. Perhaps this creature-thing had eyes on stalks? No... the eyes seemed to be carried, by two creatures. They made some sounds that, while Zeditha didn't understand them, seemed to have a pattern. So that thing, or those things, whatever they were, could talk! Perhaps they were friendly? Zeditha was about to go over to them when they went back to the big-shiny. Oh. It quickly moved away again, leaving them alone once more.

Hmm. Whatever that was, Zeditha would have to find out. If those creatures could talk, then she would have to talk to them, to see if they were friendly. And if they weren't? Well, Zeditha was sure that if there was just one or two of them, Zeditha and Small and Runner working together could kill them.

Edited by Zeditha

Teethy charged at this strange thing, trying to absorb it. It quickly found that was very, very painful and nearly recoiled, were it not for it's hunger. As soon as it absorbed this thing Teethy felt burdened and readjusted his swim bladder to go higher but could only stay at one height. Suddenly, as he readjusted he was really hurt by something. He felt a large thing that had stabbed right through him. He was terrified but was now stuck to the big stabby thing. He bit it with his head, trying to get it away. It refused to budge and he tried to absorb the large sharp thing inside of him. It hurt immensely as it kept slashing through him, but Teethy was steadfast and continued to absorb the large sharp thing. It finally had that sharp thing in it and it seemed something had broken off from something. Teethy let himself sink very fast as the weight overwhelmed his swim bladder. Teethy was weakened now, wounds all over him.

(Roundfish Spearfish attack.)

Edited by Soulking

The slime backed away from the other thing. The whole idea of something like it was over the slime's head. But the slime was curious about it. It moved around the other thing feeling it with it's soft things. After going completely around it the slime decided to probe it gently. It slowly moved one of the hard things towards it. As it touched it the Slime immediately moved back waiting for the other thing's reaction.

@Soulking: I looked up "roundfish spearfish" but didn't see anything. Link?

@Emeelia: I thought you'd want to use your eyestalks and frog eyes. So, I started you growing them. You can undo this or go with it, or change it later or something if you don't like it.

--------------------------------

@Crell: The slime saw a mass of something far away, far enough it wasn't obvious of what it might be, and far enough that it could now tell it was huge, though it still looked small from where it was. Something was happening in the slime that let it somehow begin to understand things like this... It didn't matter. It might be organic, and if it was, it was be able to make the slime stop hurting so much. It had already started getting smaller as its body tried to conserve energy against its will, so this would be useful, if it was organic. Too far to tell.

@Tch'ah: The slime felt a pinch. No, not pinch. More dull than a pinch would be. Something else the slime couldn't describe to itself. But it felt it in front of itself, aiming... somewhere? In two places, the slime started extending out of itself. It didn't seem to mean anything right now, though it was a little tiring. But it didn't stick out too far. But then something else happened, something that the slime... it... how could it... it began to realize the difference between dark and light, though not much else. Why did it get so hungry all of a sudden?

@Aster: (unlocked: white pigment, hagfish) WOW! The slime started to feel something new, something strange. It couldn't tell exactly what it was yet, but it was definitely a new thing. It could almost feel the other slimes nearby (when they were nearby and not distracted with other things) as long as they were close enough, but without having to look or listen. What was that? But somehow, the slime didn't think that this was the main function of whatever it was it just did or grew.

@Zeditha: Figuring out what to do with these creatures, or this creature, or something... it was a single creature with odd parts that came out, right? Trying to figure out how to interact with it was.. trying. The slime had no idea what or how to do any of that. It might as well just try things and see what happens when the time came.

@Selim: Everything the slime did, the other thing that felt like itself did, too. But... it... it wasn't flavor. It wasn't movement. Not texture, or temperature. It was something else. SOMETHING about this thing, whatever it was... was different. At the core, it was exactly the same as the slime was. At least that's what the slime could detect with its current abilities.