Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Tellin was discombobulated and confused, falling limp for a few seconds after the intense flailing. He had no idea if he had hurt the painful wet thing or not, but he was thoroughly annoyed and a little scared. His pain took too long to go away, and when it did he was left with a throbbing sensation that wasn't much better. He didn't believe he had the strength to poke back at the painful wet thing even though it seemed to stop moving, so he remained still, hoping it would leave him alone.

Dewdrop

With the organic stuff now absorbed, the slime had removed the thunder from the inorganic stuff as it felt massively uncomfortable with trying to get it in the first place. But at least it's perseverance had paid off as it moved away, trying to remove the inorganic stuff from the thunder as it slithered along. It wasn't sure what to do next as it went along, hopefully it would find itself some more organic stuff as it went along.

Avvalue

As the slime noticed the sludgy organics being hard bad, it tried to shift the body upward against the organics. It was only way it could go, and as well it was the only way to freedom. It doesn't like the thought of spending so much energy to try to swallow it too, but it was a necessity for other tasties. The bottom was nothing it would want to swallow, though - nothing that could be worth of interest.

On 7/31/2017 at 12:02 PM, Viirin said:

OOC: Whew, just under a year since my last update! I'll try to be more active from now on.

Aster:  The new sweet organic tasted good enough that even when the slime accidentally ingested some small pieces of blander green and brown organic along with it, it didn't matter, because the sweet taste completely overrode the bland. That gave Aster an idea. When it had sampled the bitter-tasting food from earlier,  the slime had detected a small hint of intriguing information just for a second as it had consumed it . . . not nearly enough for it to comprehend, though, and the intense bitter flavor had discouraged Aster from pursuing what it had detected any further. Now that the slime had learned that some flavors could overwhelm others, though, perhaps it could safely eat the bitter organic from before, and with that idea in mind, it headed back over to the bitter organic it had rejected earlier, the sweet organic held safely in a foreclaw.

The slime's idea . . . sort of worked. As Aster ate the two organics it had mushed together, it found that the sweetness didn't overwhelm the bitterness but instead mixed together with it to form a very odd flavoring that the slime couldn't put a name to. The slime didn't really like it but at least it was better than pure bitterness. The slime swallowed the mushed-together organics and tried to absorb them as quickly as it could, hoping that it would learn the interesting secret that it had detected in the process.

While Aster had been doing this, the drops of water from the up had increased in volume enough to almost completely douse the flame from below, and the sky had darkened considerably. The best course of action seemed to be to stay here and wait out the storm. It was then that Aster heard panicked chirping from Small from close by. Aster jumped up to the next couple sideways beams of the tall organic to try to find the other slime, letting out a few chirps itself, ending with a low hooting call to let the other slime know it was there.

Vulpine:

Vulpine definitely needed to go somewhere in a hurry, since its eyes couldn't stand being in this light for much longer, and since the wet-looking strange thing was the closest thing to the slime, that was the first place for it to start looking for some relief. Slithering over to the circular thin thing, Vulpine slowly curled around until his entire long body was inside of it, then began to test the sides of the hole on the top to see if it was edible or not.

OOC: The "interesting" thing Aster picked up on was yeast, which grows on grape skins, in case anyone was curious. She doesn't have to unlock it this time around, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what I was talking about.

OOC So, my bad neighbors are finally (am I jinxing it?) quiet and I can start to concentrate! Trying to get caught up. As usual, parties of slimes (Dragonhatchling + Avialae right now) might break and reform based on player posting frequency/desire. So the party is broken now, but it could reform by the end of the post since you're still in the same area, just not actively in each other's visual range due to Avisk's backflames accidentally lighting some swamp plants on fire. Luckily it rains a lot in such places, but as this roleplay exaggerates pollution, improper waste disposal, and human irresponsibility, acid rain is far more common.

@Avialae: Thanks for your OOC. I'd forgotten most of what Vulpine got, except for the magnetic skull. Also I have no idea what the bitter was from earlier. I could make up something new to account for it, but I wouldn't mind trying to see what it actually was. Do you have an idea what I was hinting at? I thought it was coffee + sugar, then realized the sweet was a pear.

------------------------------------------------------

@Avvalue: (unlocked: rock moss) The slime was able to absorb enough of the organic that it was able to feel better than it was, but it wasn't filling at all. More organic had to be found. Something better. It wasn't able to find anything better though, unfort... something crusty and dry, flaky and almost non-existent was there. It went in an odd shape... maybe if the slime kept absorbing along its shape, it would be better.

@Dewdrop: The slime found something that it was very aware was organic, and it seemed bigger than the slime was. It felt odd, and though it felt dry, it still felt wet. That didn't make sense, but organic was organic, and that's what this was. No, there was a second flavor. Two organics! The first one was huge, the second one wasn't. Neither moved.

@Tellin: After a few moments, the slime was able to safely tell that it wasn't hurt anymore, and the hot wet thing wasn't moving anymore, and... nothing was moving anymore. Why, it didn't know, but it could tell that the thing making hot air wasn't doing that now. There was no air movement either. It was surrounded by organic, and nothing was stopping it from consuming whatever it wanted to now. At least for now. The pokey bits were still poking the slime, but it didn't seem to hurt as much as it did before.

@Dianora: (unlocked: water moccasin) The glowy was in the slime's way of its eyes really. Was it? Maybe it didn't need to have a glowy in between both sets of its eyes, but that's what it had now. Back in the wide open place that didn't make the slime cut its head in half and heal as two heads, there was a lot of organic. The slime didn't get much out of what it had absorbed in the hole, but at least it was something. Something good enough to let it move a little bit more. There was a lot of up-pointing organics around, and some on the ground, if it was brave enough to enter the wide open place.

@Yawela: The organic the slime found was very hard, and... the shape wasn't something the slime had ever felt before, but that was true for almost everything it had yet experienced. It was smooth too, but had a hole in it? No, it wasn't a hole. It was partially a hole, but then it wasn't. It felt the inorganic it had been feeling before it got under the organic, and found this totally new organic. What was this thing? Organic. It was organic.

@Zeditha: The tall green thing with white disappearing fluffy was hot and smelled bad, like something that should be consumed as quickly as possible, but when the puffy went away, so did the smell. The heat remained, however. Perching on the rim of the up-facing hot puffy yucky smelling hole didn't seem like the best idea, and the green was much taller than the slime had expected. Nearby, on the other side of some black flats, were other shapes that were tall, but not as tall as the thing the slime was flying over. The light was starting to come more and more now, and with the attention the slime had already received when it was dark, it somehow felt like it might not want to be as visible as it was. Not in this place.

@Aster: The slime thought it heard a chirrup from upwards... but maybe not? As it kept moving, and making noise, it figured out it was below it. No, it was above. The wet was everywhere, the smoke was gone, and all of the light from everywhere was gone now too. Up. It was definitely up. Would the slime be able to get up those sidebeams to get on the same one Small was on? One way to know!

@Avisk: The branch of the organic was the best thing the slime could think of using while the up-wet continued. Luckily, or maybe pointlessly, the smoke cleared as the up-wet made it go away, but it was also too dark now to see, what with a combination of lack of light and a thick layer of up-wet in the air in front of the slime. The smoke didn't need to obscure the slime's vision- other things were doing that now. It thought it heard a sound from Unsure, but if it did, it was drowned out by other noise.

@Vulpine: The slime was surprised to find that the thing that it thought was wet wasn't wet at all, it was just shiny and hot! Trace amounts of something was found there, and it made the slime feel strange, almost as if something inside it was trying to happen but couldn't. When the slime moved to where it was, it felt something pokey and hot jamming into it. No, that wasn't it. The slime's movement only made the pokey hot thing move itself into the slime, near the parts it used to see.

Av-value

The slime noticed another shapy thing - odd and dry? It still was a bit confused, but it let itself around the organic, that didn't feel like it's existing. Still, along the weird shape had it moved, to feed on the organics, that's it. It was the only way it could go, as it felt promising to it. And so, it decided to absorb whatever was near the dry organic. It was still hungry. It still needed some organics.

Edited by Trebonth
It's since I forgot to add a name ;P

On 7/31/2017 at 12:02 PM, Viirin said:

OOC: Well, I believe Aster was eating grapes, since she unlocked grape skin during that post, except grapes aren't usually bitter . . . Do you think it might have been bitter rot, the fungus? It can affect both grapes and pears, which she found nearby. That's the best idea I can come up with, anyway.

Aster: The slime continued to jump up through the side beams, using its long tail and its forelimbs to balance itself as it tried to locate Small, continuing to call out sporadically. Smaller whiplets of leafy organic smacked Aster in the side as the creature ascended, although not hard enough do the slime any real damage. Despite the darkening sky, Aster remained able to see well enough, thanks to the gift of flesh given from another friendly slime, who unfortunately she and Small had had to leave behind as well. (I'm fairly sure I added in the night vision capabilities from the Eurasian eagle-owl back when I got it . . . if not, I'm doing it now) Remembering that friendly creature only made Aster more determined to find Small. But soon the side beams Aster was jumping up to grew narrower again, enough so that they began to bend with the slime's weight, and the shelter the organic canopy provided began to thin and Aster began to feel the pressure from the up-wets. Much more and the slime would be forced to take to the skies again, which it did not want to do at the moment. Aster would wait here until the storm was over, and hope Small showed up, and then . . .  well. Folding its wings tightly against its body, Aster crouched tightly into the smaller sprigs of green organic, hoping to be shielded from the up-wets as much as possible, and looked around for Small, or in the other slime's absence, anything tasty to eat.

Vulpine: The slime didn't like the hot at all. It had come here hoping to get away from the hot, after all! Having the hot pokey thing go into the slime like that hurt so much, more due to its heat than the pokeyness of it, to the point where Vulpine had trouble focusing enough to even tell if what was going in it was organic. Vulpine's forelimbs scratched against the edge of the container, its coils flexed against the inside, and its wings even feebly beat in panic, though the slime remained firmly stuck inside. All Vulpine's movement, though, did cause the container to slowly begin to tip over . . .

Zeditha decided to ignore the bad-smelling puffy for now. As she looked out over the black flats and less-talls, she suddenly realised how obvious she must be from the ground. Those annoying creatures that woke her up from the tall green might come back to pester her, and she had a feeling that it would be a bad idea to mess with them right now. She was torn for a moment between heading to the ground to hide and heading elsewhere, but then remembered the fast-smelly. It had been driving on a long black thing that, when she looked, was still there! Perhaps it had been going somewhere interesting? She decided to follow above it - if she got tired or hungry, there were lots of the large green-and-brown organics around.

(Will edit in other two characters shortly)

Dewdrop

As the slime moved about, it had found not one, but two organics! It didn't care what the organics were, it was still food to the little slime as it moved up onto the smaller organic. Having a slight thought as it didn't want the chance to loose the bigger piece of organic, the slime moved it's thunder onto it to hopefully absorb both. Even if it was an attempt, hopefully they'll be able to save the bigger piece after it was done absorbing the smaller one first.

Chappie

Sharp thing painful! Chappie retreated from the painful inorganic thing, fleeing back across the drier inorganic. Chappie squeezed into a tight inorganic place. Chappie can’t feel the sharp thing anymore, but can feel a smooth, curved organic thing underneath her, tugging gently but not breaking away. Chappie moved over it. The top was smooth. The bottom was pokey and wiggly and a bit painful. Chappie eventually enveloped the wiggling pokey thing and it slowly became less wiggly and pokey.

((Sorry for long wait in reply! I was told to make a new post, so here is new post.))

Yawela was confused by the new organic. It had a hole, but not? She didn't want to deal with this, so she enveloped as much of it as she could and absorbed. It took a while, but now there was a hole all the way through it. For now, she would continue going down. Inorganic should be shifted aside and organic absorbed. Down was better.

Dianora wanted more organic. She was still hungry! But she didn't like the hurties, and if there were more organics this time, the hurties would be worse. She wanted to run from the hurties, but there wasn't another way out, so instead... Perhaps she could make the hurties hurt less? She was just about not-hungry enough to grow something. The spikies had hurt a lot when she tried to eat them, so perhaps if she had some spikies of her own, the hurties wouldn't try to hurt her? She could only grow a few spikies on her heads, but it would have to do. More prepared, she rushed towards the lots of organics, aiming to absorb the closest one.

OOC @Dragonhatchling @Avialae Since you two seem to be getting busier, I am going to break your party at least temporarily. If you trust my machinations then stick with what I'm doing and it'll pay off, or at least that's my intention. (Avisk, Aster, and Zeditha are going to see something important.)

Also Dragon, make sure you update your slimes from Dragon Cave and Escapist here.

OOC See, this is why I need to update far more often! I hint vaguely at something and giggle to myself, knowing what it is but keeping it secret. Then a month or two goes by and I have no idea what was going on or what I was talking about. Hmm.

OOC @Avialae: Tetanus and yeast.

-----------------------------------------

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: barnacle, mussel flesh) The big organic the slime started consuming with the main part of its body didn't have any flavor at all, and it was extremely hard to absorb at all, but the part it was absorbing with its thunder was so much easier to absorb, but there was a very small amount of it. It already felt inorganic rough, and then the slime felt the same thing under the rest of itself. The inorganic was below the organic, and it was big. Dry was up, wet was down. Wet hit the slime again, almost making it go somewhere else.

@Zeditha: The fast-smelly wasn't as fast as the slime had thought earlier. Maybe it really was, but it had kept stopping for some reason and it was able to catch up? Either way, there were a lot more smells coming from the thing, whatever it was. It kept along the flat long black but went to the shiny dull gray and dumped blue and brown things on top of itself, and then went a little further each time.

Something... the slime felt strange. A feeling it had never had before. Something about the direction the fast smelly was going made it feel...

@Aster: The up-wet kept falling, and it didn't seem to want to stop. The only things the slime could see anymore was the organic it was climbing and resting on, and eating that would probably not be the best idea. No sounds were heard except for the up-wet hitting things, and after waiting a very long time, boredom already having set in, the slime started feeling tired.

When it awoke, everything was wet, and it was still dark, but its own increased visual abilities and the small lights from far above granted it vision. Now able to notice it rather well from the height it had unintentionally gotten to, there were much brighter lights on the down, far away. Maybe something was there that had better food. Maybe Small went that way too, since it wasn't seen or heard anywhere around as far as it could tell.

@Vulpine: ... and the container with the slime inside, flipped over, trapping it. The sharp hot was even deeper now in the slime's slime, and it was hard to move the area behind the slime's head. It wasn't organic, and whatever was on it was now spreading through the slime, but something else was now too. It felt like it was making air inside itself, all over and through itself, and some of the slime's movement in its wings had stopped, though it still was trying to move. Something was working faster, making the slime almost incapable of any movement.

@Av-value: (unlocked: garden snail) After absorbing enough of the dry organic, the slime came across something completely different. It wasn't organic, but it had a flavor to it, and it made the slime feel like it was burning. Whatever this painful... liquid was, it was not something it wanted to keep touching. Wherever other organic things that the slime wanted might be, it was now totally unable to concentrate on eating, and could now only react to injury.

@Yawela: The weight of the inorganic was falling on top of the slime, but it was able to reach the organic that did and didn't have a hole. The more the slime tried to push the inorganic, wet inorganic, out of the way, the more it pushed back, and it was winning easily! The slime in fact only barely was able to rub part of itself against the strange organic. How big was it? The slime did not know and could not find out since it couldn't be excavated or embedded within its slime.

@Dianora: The pokies hurt even more now that the slime intentionally impaled itself on them. But since its slime was on it, they could be absorbed, so temporary pain was maybe not important? The tips of the spikes absorbed quickly, which was a relief of the same rate. Along the bottom of the pit the slime now found itself in, there was a puddle of water thick with... organic? It felt weird though.

@Chappie: Strange, the pokey was still pokey, it was just the slime had gotten used to feeling it, and it didn't matter anymore. Since the wiggly wasn't moving anymore, that also added to the slime's comfort, though it still wanted to absorb something organic. It was on top of something organic, and had been sitting motionless there for quite awhile, not doing anything of importance. While it rested, it could start to realize something- it wasn't one single curved smooth, but lots of them, and they each had pokies. Why weren't they moving now?

Dewdrop

It couldn't really fathom the idea of the big organic being all that difficult to absorb into it, but at least the thunder attached to it had a much more easier time to absorb something! The slime paused, trying to work something out, if its main body was on something and the thunder was on something else, it could absorb two things at once! But it could feel the wet again,  it was below it while dryness was above it. When it hit the wetness, the slime realised that it was trying to move it. It was rather curious to think about it before the slime tried to move forward.

@Dewdrop: The way forward for the slime was up the inorganic, now lacking any organic, at least where it had already touched. The organic was so thin, that even though it was very big, it didn't really amount to much. Up the slime went, mostly using the wet pushing it against the inorganic to go up more. As it went up and up, it found more and more of the surprisingly hard, thin, flaky, dry organic. Dry no matter how wet everything, including the slime, was.

Aster:

Everything was wet, except for the slime. The oil it had applied to itself earlier was still there, preventing the falling up-wets from reaching the surface of its body, but there had been so much wet that large droplets of wet still clung to the oil. Aster flapped its large wings a few times and shook its body to try to rid itself of the clinging wet. The slime looked down at the mass of green below it, hoping to spot Small before it headed towards the far-off cluster of lights, but it couldn't see the friendly slime anywhere, or the other elusive slime, for that matter. Letting out a loud cry, Aster jumped off of the beam it had been sitting on, her former perch vibrating from the force. Spreading its wings, Aster rose into the air, circling the giant organic organism it had been inhabiting until just then, seeing it in its entirety for the first time, checking for one last time to see if it could see Small. Not finding any trace of the slime, Aster turned in midair and made a straight line for the cluster of bright lights on the horizon that it had spotted before.

Vulpine:

Vulpine was very upset when it realized it was trapped inside the container, and tried to get it off of itself, but besides the fact that the slime was beginning to have trouble moving, the fact that the slime had coiled itself neatly around the container upon entering it made it very difficult to get out now that it had flipped upside down. Vulpine flapped its half-working wings feebly to try to dislodge the container, but no luck. The slime was still in a lot of pain from the sharp pointy driven into its neck. At least the feeling of air inside its body made Vulpine feel like it was hurting less. As all its ideas ended in failure, the slime's tiny forelegs scratched at the ground in frustration, making little grooves beneath it. Eventually, realization slowly set in. Vulpine could dig its way out! The ground was sandy and loose here, so it would be easy. The slime quickly got to work, and soon had hollowed out an opening below the canister large enough for it to fit its head through.

Tellin was pretty upset about what just happened, and confused too. He still believed that the wet thing was still around, but he hadn't felt or noticed anything in a little bit... maybe it left? It must have left. He was certain he poked something it had, even if it did poke him back.
   Still a bit discombobulated from the interaction, Tellin oozed slowly and cautiously to his right side, uncertain of where to go now. He still wanted to eat a lot, but more importantly, he wanted to find a new place to go where the wet thing might not find him. So he continued listing left, pushing past organics and looking for something new to consume, being careful not to stretch out his poked side too much. He was definitely being more cautious, now.

OOC @ Avialae: Vulpine's lockjaw was from an infection from rust on a metal spike that was attracted because of your skull being magnetic. It affected your entire body because your cells aren't specialized that far yet, so it affected everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The slime's wings were strong, but didn't contain any memories pertaining to the lights. Whatever they were, the slime would learn eventually if it kept flying. After a long time of flying, it felt the need to rest a little. Something inorganic and gray, shining a dark light from the orb on top, looked like a good place to rest since it was nice and high up. A line of black with double yellow in the middle stretched along, and the slime's eyesight showed it went all the way to the lights. After resting a short while, the light below the slime stopped shining, as well as many of the others lighting the path to the light cluster.

@Vulpine: (unlocked: lockjaw gland) The inorganic, hot spiky thing that stabbed into the slime's neck luckily dislodged, with difficulty, when the slime stuck its head underground. It was cooler below the terrain than above it, but the slime's increased movements only made the strange lack-of-movement feeling worsen. The slime calmed down when it couldn't move, mostly since it didn't have a choice. After awhile, it felt much better and could move again. However, it was extremely hungry now!

@Tellin: When the slime oozed to the right, it felt like there was nothing except moving air, but much cooler than the hot air the slime was in that had all the hot wet and pokey bits. When it went left, it felt a much more open space, but it had spiky bits past that. Below, something very soft and wet and hot moved with a lot of strength, and the frantic moving began again. The thing below the slime moved again, and with all the flailing, the slime felt itself go backwards and get stuck in something with hot wet organic all around, and finally nothing spiky.

(Me) Celiysetherri

The slime needed more food-things and oozed towards where the food-things had been coming from. It waved the antennae in the direction of the food and smelled the food-things it had absorbed before. The slime pulled itself toward the smell faster, intent on getting more food-things to grow with. It also began to secrete tiny hard lumps in layers over its body.

Viirin @Celiysetherri: (unlocked: coconut) As the slime approached and got on top of the organic it found and began to absorb, it noticed that there were new flavors in the mix. The moving things were tasty and heavy, but the stuff they came out of was neither of those things. One was soggy and bland, but there was something else in it, that tasted bitter and was falling apart within the slime as it was absorbed.

Celiysetherri

Some of the food-things tasted better than others.  The organic that the tasty moving things came out of was soggy-wet like everything around the slime but there was also a bitter tasting thing.  The bitter thing crumbled as the slime absorbed it.  The tasty heavy moving things were better than the organic they came out of, but food-things were still food-things and the slime needed food-things.

(I'm hoping to find something for more senses soon.  It's pretty hard to write for something with touch, taste, and rudimentary smell.)

OOC @ Everyone: A bunch of players have said that they would like Azure Wyrm to transfer activity to Discord, so to make writing easier on me, and activity easier to get phone messages about, we're going to be hanging out there from now on. Most of you are already there, and we can actually chat and stuff too. Most of the players from other sites have already transitions, and more than half the players here. Come join us if you haven't already.

@Celiysetherri: (unlocked: black tea leaf) The slime's absorption of the organics made it begin to feel strange, but the strange feeling made it feel energized, faster, more aware of what its slime was touching. Everything wasn't just soggy-wet, there was a very thin layer of pure wet above wet-inorganic, and tiny pieces of organic were all over the top of the wet. Also, it was now aware that the wet was moving, but very slowly. It was almost as if the wet was bringing tiny pieces of organic to the slime on its own. Maybe it would find different organic if it went up the slight inorganic incline, or towards the organic-bringing wet.