Viirin

Azure Wyrm

OOC I'm still writing the update, sorry. A Mormon missionary came over, and instead of preaching, we started playing Dungeons and Dragons every day. He offered, and some of the players already accepted (more information can be found on Discord) his offer- to become a secondary DM for Azure Wyrm so updates come in more consistently!
I haven't gotten to play someone ELSE's roleplay, especially in person, since 1996 so I kind of stopped everything everywhere to be able to game with him. The update here shouldn't take much longer. Thanks for your patience.

On 7/31/2017 at 12:02 PM, Viirin said:

OOC: As I recall, Vulpine has skunk eyes, which do not have very good vision, especially at a distance. It's also night for Vulpine, but skunks are nocturnal, so that doesn't affect hir much. So Vulpine can see, but not well.

ASTER

As parts of the tall organic fell down and into the hot light, Aster half-opened its wings, ready to jump in to the air again if something happened to the tall organic it was in. These things could fall over. The slime suddenly was suddenly aware of that piece of information, dredged up from the memories of one of the organic creatures it had consumed. Aster saw Small land on a branch below it and chirped a greeting, but before it could decide anything further, the new slime nearly crashed into it. Aster almost grabbed the small slime with its flexible front claws to stop it from moving again, but unfortunately stop itself as it realized it needed them to keep its grip on the tall organic. It was strange, though. The new slime had definitely had trouble avoiding Aster that time. Was its vision just not good, or . . .

Vision. Something clicked in the slime's brain, and, after concentrating for a second, Aster exhaled thick plumes of purple smoke towards the new slime, altered from the red it had been until just then to make it less threatening, hopefully anyway, until the new slime was completely engulfed by it. Hopefully without being able to see anything, the new slime wouldn't be able to use that incredible speed of its, and it didn't seem big enough to be threatening any other way. Aster was smart enough to realize that this tactic had a chance of backfiring on it, and it didn't really want make an enemy of any other slimes, but it simply couldn't have something darting around too fast to be seen. How could you trust something like that? Keeping a close eye on the puff of smoke to make sure the new slime didn't dart out of it, Aster edged over to one of the other things stuck on the limb of the organic, and, after making sure it was organic, began eating it. The slime didn't want any more of the other thing. Too bitter.

VULPINE

Vulpine tried to force the organic morsel further inside of itself so the slime could digest it faster, but it didn't seem to want to go. The creature had very small ends beneath it that scuttled hard against the bottom of the slime's mouth and teeth, pulling the organic creature backwards at the same time as Vulpine tried to pull it forwards, and at the same time creating a feeling that Vulpine found . . . very strange. In conjunction with the pain on top of its snout, this made Vulpine more uncomfortable than ever. The slime lashed its head and neck around in an effort to get the organic in its mouth to stop scuttling around without having to let it go, finally by sheer luck landing with the top of its head up against the ground, which finally seemed to stop it. Now that the organic that it had caught was still, Vulpine was able to swallow it before the slime became completely numb and motionless once again.

@Tellin: (unlocked: foxtail weed) The bendy organic finally felt like it began to crush itself under the slime, after it slurped on top of it. Absorbing that what was touching it made even more of it, the altered flavor part, fall on top of the slime, but that too was absorbed. It was harder, and broke apart as it was absorbed, but it had little points that were surprisingly hard, even though the rest of it wasn't. Wait, something else was there, below, maybe hidden within this flavor. Ah! Nope, it was gone. What was it? Where did it go?

@Venus: (unlocked: pine needles, bark, pine nut) The thing the slime found was certainly food; it was organic and durable, dense and light. The outermost layer peeled off in the best description as the slime absorbed into it, or maybe it just absorbed enough that the scales eventually weakened and came off on their own. Either way, the slime had dug quite far into the thing, and it broke in half.

Trying to chase one of the pieces as it kept contact with the slime but rolled away, proved a good idea. Something sweet, sticky, and wet was found on the ground, on top of some other piece of organic that felt soggy and had things moving in it.

@Ipunch: (unlocked: bile, bubblegum ball, sugar gland) Nope! The slime's anger didn't mean much of anything, except the slight tilting of the canister, making its opening closer to the side instead of top. Some of the organic poured over the slime and seemed to disappear into nothing, while it still smooshed its gooey not-actually-a-claw claw at the inorganic. Then the slime felt something else. It had pushed itself out of the inorganic enclosure, and felt itself slurping out, scraping along the sharp edges on its way down and out.

@Vulpine: (unlocked: Indian scorpion chitin) The slime didn't know how long it took to wake up, but when it did, it was painfully bright. The slime had trouble seeing when it was bright like this, compared to how it could see when it was dark. Looking around, it did see some places that looked dark, so hopefully one of those places could be gotten to. There might even be some sort of organics hidden there, which it now felt the need to look for. Something strange near the slime that it hadn't noticed before looked wet. It looked like it might taste good, whatever it was. It was thinner than it was long, and circular. The top of the thing had a hole in it.

@Aster: (unlocked: pear fruit) This organic was a yummy one, as it tasted sweet, was soft, and very juicy. Did Small have access to this? The up-wet continued coming down, and though it didn't have an effect on the slime's purple smoke, it did have an effect on the hot light. The up-wet got worse, as each drop was bigger and colder, and there were more of them coming. Hitting the slime in the face, it thought that maybe it might be best to just wait it out.

OOC Where are you guys? I've seen you a few times in the Discord, but you okay? Let's get some posts up :)

((Sorry, I'm sort of preoccupied lately... I might not post again before June, ie start of summer holidays.))

OOC @ Zeditha: Right. Well, a lot of you are in college and dealing with finals right now, so it's understandable. Me, I've got stuff going on (trying to move again, really need to) so I'm more concentrating on that than anything else.

OOC Dalek Raptor said over Discord that there will be an update of theirs soon, and as soon as someone updates I will too (offer may or may not be for a limited time only).

Dewdrop

Curious about why the brown was making the shiny melt, the slime moved closer to investigate. Not wanting to move all over the white stuff, the slime maneuvered to where it could easily poke at it with its thunder. Perhaps the shiny couldn't bare to touch the brown? Or was it something else? The slime would need to think things over with this.

@Dewdrop: As the slime got closer, its poor vision revealed nothing spectacularly new to it. The shiny was brown too, and had spread out. But it wasn't accessible for some reason, almost as if an invisible skin protected the slime from poking at it. The slime had seen something like this earlier, that made it look cylindrical... was that the shape of this inorganic skin-like thing?

Dewdrop

It was confused. Why couldn't it poke at the shiny now? It wanted to poke the shiny, however it was interested in the... cylindrical thing? It poked with its thunder, trying to determine what the inorganic thing was and what purpose it held. 

@Dewdrop: The hardened invisible skin stealing the melted shiny brown didn't move. It didn't move at all? Poking from other angles as the slime moved around it in circles poking over and over didn't seem to do much, but after doing this a lot, the inorganic the slime was walking around on seemed to raise itself up, and the melted shiny brown moved, still protected by the invisible.

Tellin lay thoughtfully on the organic, letting the time pass and lingering on the flavor of it. The combination of hard and soft was new, and the fleeting flavor had him intrigued, but he was so tired... What was that flavor, anyway? Why did it go away so fast? Did he just absorb it really quick?.....

Tellin's thoughts wandered. He stopped wondering about the organic, and briefly stopped worrying about food, too. He simply lay there at the organic's core, its remaining thin parts laying around him, and he simply waited for his bloated feeling to pass. First the sticky organic, and then a nonorganic sticky, and then... was it the fluffy organic after that? He couldn't remember well enough. He ate a lot though.

The slime felt a prickling sensation along his surface, what he could only vaguely perceive as his "outside", but it didn't alarm him. Maybe it was just a bit of the bendy organic he absorbed. So, feeling complacent and happy, he scrunched up his amorphous form into a tighter ball and let his thoughts meander into nothingness... it was almost like he was thinking, but was no longer aware of it...

It became very dark and still...

((Tellin is taking a nap. The prickling I kept vague, just in case I need more absorbed matter first, but I'm trying to combine iron rust and ghost mantis "decor" into back spines, so he looks like a ball of flaky dead leaves. Or, if I can combine one element with a grown-in one later, I can do only one or the other, or try growing something else.))

Dewdrop

Oh? That was interesting. The slime turned its attention to the melted shiny brown as it moved. It didn't know it could do that! Was it just the shiny melted brown that could move or could the regular brown move as well? This had captured the slime's attention as it looked around trying to find nonshiny brown to see and poke with its thunder.

OOC @ Squirrel: Can Tellin see? Also, Tellin did sleep, but I don't remember it being aware that such was a thing, so I'm having it being perceived as something appearing out of no where or time travel (which it is not capable of thinking... basically its surprised)

-----------------------------------------

@Dewdrop: The shiny brown started running away, digging into the inorganic! Oh no! All this work and it escapes? Luckily the slime was close enough that it might be able to catch it. The inorganic the slime was travelling on became even shinier when the shiny brown touched it, almost like the shiny brown was leaving something behind as it dug. The air began moving, and the slime could feel it. It wasn't pushing the slime too badly, at least not enough to force it to go away from its potential meal.

@Tellin: All of a sudden, the slime became aware of hot air being forced against it, but it didn't feel anywhere near as susceptible as it did before, or at least not to moving air. At least not on its top. Then the slime felt something even hotter, and wetter, and slimier, move it upwards and to the side. What the heck was this tough thing that just lifted it? It was gone. It could still feel the slime that was deposited on it though.

((Technically Tellin never grew any eyes, but I checked the Big File and it said he had sight, so I'm assuming he can see? Also he doesn't know what sleep is, I simply tried to describe it in the way I perceive it happening, and that's how I feel right before I fall asleep (although the thinking-but-not-thinking came from when I'm half-asleep.))

Tellin was confused by the sudden hot thing. He felt as though something was on top of him, but it was also blocking the movement of the hot thing; it didn't stop its heat though. It was almost unbearable, similar to the stinging liquid he had first consumed, but the heat was different, somehow. Tellin was still drowsy, and believed he needed more time to digest, so he oozed closer to some of the bendy organics' remains and lay still for a moment, before realizing that he suddenly wasn't full anymore.

Hm? That wasn't right. He remembered being bloated, lying underneath the bendy organic he had partly absorbed. Fullness didn't go away that fast.

The hot thing then touched the slime and left something wet behind, and he recoiled in distaste about being bothered. He didn't know what the thing was that just tugged on him, but it wasn't comfortable! So Tellin used some of his newfound energy - probably from digesting so fast? - and oozed a little ways away, driven in the opposite direction of his new slimy spot, before stopping and reaching up pincers first to check and see if the thing followed him.

OOC in 2 weeks (a little over 2 weeks) I move into my new house (those on Discord know this) and I can write then. I know it's been awhile; just I can't concentrate at this apartment. 98 F degrees with no air conditioner (previous guy who lived here died and the place wasn't cleaned right, the smell got into the air conditioner which is why I can't use it. Landlord doesn't want to admit there's a smell since it would mean having to replace the entire machine for someone already past their lease date and leaving to begin with).

So don't worry; I will write more and have a lot of ideas, just I can't get them out while I live here still. August 1 I'll have a new post up unless there's a problem with the internet account transfer, but there shouldn't be.

Chappie

"Cold not nice ... Food is flowing with me ..." 

The glob follows the flow of the water and waste until it can cling to a solid edge. There, it will stay. It plans to make contact with waste items, hopefully including fresh prey, that flow through the sewer water and consume them in the safety of the dark, damp sewer. The dark feels like home, but this area may be too cold to stay for too long. 

"Must move to warmer area ... Need mobility ..."

((Sorry I haven't responded until now! I'm looking forward to seeing where Chappie ends up :) ))

Dewdrop:

It wasn't about to let the shiny brown go! The slime tried to grab the shiny brown that was in reach, feeling the air blow around, but luckily it wasn't enough to deter or push the slime away to have its meal. It would have the shiny brown before it investigated the other stuff as the slime tried to poke the shiny brown with its thunder.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, Zeditha said:

Zeditha decided that since nothing else around seemed interesting, she had no choice but to head towards... what? The tall-puffy, or the fast-smelly? She initially decided that the fast-smelly was worth following, but it very quickly became obvious that she wasn't going to be able to catch it, so she turned her attention instead towards the tall-puffy. Zeditha wanted to know what the puffy was, and where it was going; so she flew up towards it. It took a while, not that she minded; by the time she got to the tall green thing, the up-glowy was noticeably higher. She was close enough now to tell that the tall-green wasn't like the smaller green-and-brown organics she had been flying above; it had a very different texture. Although part of her wanted to rest now, this didn't seem like a good place. Instead, she moved higher up, to look at the puffy. But wherever she saw some puffy, it was gone by the time she got to it. Did it not exist? She tried to get to a few more bits of the puffy, only to have them disappear, before moving away and clacking in frustration. What was up with this stuff?

((Since my last post was embarrassingly long ago, I'm quoting Zeditha's update and I'll write in the other two, since they weren't finished.))

Dianora:

Dianora decided she wasn't going to do anything until she'd absorbed this organic. She'd been so hungry, she could barely concentrate on anything else, and so she sat in a lump until it was all gone.

Her food absorbed, Dianora felt better, and set about re-exploring her surroundings. She knew there was no food back the way she'd come, so instead she turned her sights into the place the organic hurty had come from. She felt at, and absorbed what she could from, the organic traces on the bottom of the new shape, and cautiously looked around the small area, illuminated by her glowy.

Yawela:

Realising that she was back at the big organic, Yawela almost immediately lost interest in the big organic she had been following and began absorbing the organic she was on. It felt good to make a hole in the organic and bury herself downwards underneath it. It was a slow process, absorbing as much organic as she could, but eventually she made her way downwards and encountered something that was not the same as the big organic. Hunger mostly satiated, she decided to investigate this new thing.

Edited by Zeditha

@Trebonth: Deep in a swamp, what had become sludge shifted, and the rotten muck slid, spreading out the dumped out food waste naturally as it desecrated more of the pond floor. When this happened, it was just enough to release an airtight seal of a canister holding a genetically engineered slime. The vial had long since broken, but no air ever got into it due to the decayed plant matter above. Now that it was released, the slime came to life due to its contact with air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

@Chappie: As the slime followed the gently flowing water, stupid enough to not realize it was doing it intentionally due to lack of frames of reference to anything at all or any self-realization, it finally found some drier inorganic than it had been on. Something sharp poked the slime, and it hurt! Whatever it was, the slime had no idea, but it was inorganic. That much was certain.

@Dewdrop: Nope, nothing! The slime's thunder wasn't able to grab a hold of the shiny, exciting brown that disappeared into the bright organic below. However, when its thunder hit the inorganic, some of it moved. The inorganic was darker there, and wet. The edge of the slime's thunder felt something that wasn't the same kind of wet it had felt before. What was this? It was the brown that had started escaping!

@Tellin: Stabbing pain! The slime felt itself be pierced by many sharp organic points, and go upwards, the hot was even hotter now, if only by a little, and the wet was almost like it was totally submerged, but only in parts. The super wet parts of itself felt sticky now, and it realized that this sticky wet had a flavor...
The slime couldn't get a hold of its senses right away, as it felt itself now be spun around and bounced up and down, the stabs becoming much more painful with every thrust both upwards and downwards.

@Avvalue: The slime awoke for the first time, coming to life. Before it had any chance to get any reference of its surroundings, it felt something from part of itself- something organic and wet, with something very wrong with it forcing the slime to condense upon itself. Around it besides the organic, it felt inorganic. Useless inorganic that it couldn't move through.

Avvalue:

The slime started to think and was somewhat intrigued, as the organic thing was very tempting, but felt wrong and not tasty. But inorganic... It was hard, bad hard. There could be something organic, that could be tastey tasty. There had to be one. The slime slowly started, using the feeling before it condensed as reference, to move or at least tried to.

Edited by Trebonth

Dewdrop

Now that it had successfully finished got hold of the brown, it felt rather pleased with all that hard work it out into chasing the brown. Felling extremely hungry, it was curious to know if the brown could be absorbed as it kept itself on the brown stuff. It was wet for sure, but it was a different type of wetness then what it had felt earlier and wondered where the first wetness went to. It probably would figure it out once it was done here.

Ack! This was not what he was expecting! Tellin squirmed at the sudden, sharp shooting pain, quickly becoming disoriented when he seemed to be flying all over the place, yet not at all. The sharp things definitely had hold of him, but he was most dismayed by how uncomfortably warm and wet it was. As soon as he detected a pause in the shaking, he lay limp for several moments, trying to understand his situation. Pain... pain... ow, and more pain... he was not a fan. Unlike the burning liquid or the pinching things, this pain didn't stop!

Tellin lifted his pincer end and swung it around, trying to find the thing's stabby bits. They had to be attached to something, right? He could try poking the something! He might try spitting tar at it too, but his tar sac still felt rather light; he wasn't sure if it even had anything in it right now. If this thing did have more attached to it though he was going to poke it as fiercely as he could!

@Avisk: (unlocked: mangrove leaf) The slime saw the other slime, and managed to avoid it, but smashing into the main part of the organic wasn't something that felt good. Tearing off and consuming some of it was something that helped it begin to recover its strength and satiate its hunger though, even though it was a very minor benefit. Other things were stuck on the edges of the organic, but an even bigger pile was spread far out, and piled upwards to a long peak. Holding itself against the organic started to feel warm, and backing away from the main part and walking out onto the limb was a little better. The hot lights below were nearly gone, and the wet from up was mostly avoiding the slime because of the green flats on the other limbs above it.

The purple smoke from Unsure didn't help Avisk see or figure out how to better get a grip on this organic. Why had Unsure done this? Avisk rattled a little with a curious chirp, trying to somewhat disband the smoke. The up-wet was getting heavier and more frequent, but Unsure and some of the leaves had obscured the up-wet from Avisk enough that it merely heard them getting faster. It resisted the urge to flare fire again as a defence from the smoke. Burning more things wouldn't be good. That could hurt Unsure. All of this could hurt Unsure. But Unsure had caused this weird smoke. Was Unsure trying to prey on Avisk? Avisk rattled and chirruped more in question, trying to figure out Unsure's motives. It hoped Unsure wasn't angry for Avisk accidentally nearly slamming into it. Flying was difficult, especially with wet wings.

@Avisk: The things that the slimes were fighting below were gone, somehow. The heat from the light was gone too, and the up-wet sounded loud and fast, hitting everything around. The smoke began to clear, but the wet drops were so numerous that it was hard to see. Where was even Unsure? The slime couldn't figure out where anything was now.

(OOC I haven't gotten a hold of Avialae over Discord for even longer than I haven't posted. I don't know where she is, and was hoping to continue the party so I waited for her response. That of course in addition to my depression and lack of energy due to bad neighbors keeping me from being able to rest or be creative.)

(Other OOC So, if you guys aren't already on my Discord, come join in. There are a LOT of events I missed, but since that's only my fault, you all get a +1 event request for each event and slime since my previous post's date.)

@Avisk: The air started moving so much and so suddenly that the slime nearly fell from its watching place! Getting a better grip might be a good idea... but besides that, the moving air and up-wet made the fire go away, and the smoke clear. Wherever Unsure was, the slime was unsure itself. The food that the slime had acquired would have to be good enough for the area, since it didn't see where any of the rest of it was. There was a lot remaining before, wasn't there? Where had it gone? The dark started coming early, but something about that didn't seem right to the slime, but it didn't know exactly why.

@Tellin: The movement the slime experienced was severe now, even worse than before it decided to start counterattacking! After a much more vigorous wild flailing, the movement had a large down-thrust, then no movement anymore... well, maybe a little. The little slime had gotten what it had tried for, finally!

@Avvalue: Trying to move up against the sludgy organic was apparently the only way to go, but the slime couldn't get through it, it was too heavy. But it was organic! The inorganic below wasn't anything that seemed anything important, and without being able to move freely it really didn't have much choice of what to do, whether it liked it or not.

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: Barq's root beer gland, carbonation gland) The slime was able to absorb, with much effort and discomfort, the delicious shiny brown, but it got WAY MORE of the inorganic below it too. If it couldn't get rid of that it would have quite the difficulty at being able to absorb anything else. Then again, maybe the slime could find some other thing to do.