Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((I like messing around on paint for stuff like this. xd.png))

Jak regarded the thing that had bumped into him curiously. The thing on his back quickly sucked itself back in. Jak felt a strange feeling coming from his bottom-half. Four little protrusions sprung up, and he was elevated off the ground slightly. The protrusions were soft, like his body, and putting too much weight on them squished them back into his main body. He walked above the hard thing that had bumped into him, and pressed his main body down on it. Part of the creature went into his slimy form, but the creature was mainly still on the ground.

((Sooo... Viirin asked me to update this if he didn't get to... so... since I don't usually do this, if I'm screwing something up do please let me know smile.gif I'll fix it when I get a chance. And if I don't understand what's meant, I'll ask for a rephrase and get it all cleared up smile.gif I don't bite. I promise.

Oh, I also don't know who's who or where you all are starting... so... Going by the names Viirin posted before... if I miss someone, again, let me know smile.gif (and sorry) To make that easier... can all of you start off with whatever the slime's name is in your next post please? Thank you! smile.gif and where you all started would be very helpful... I don't have sheets...

Sidenote: Keyboard's kinda wonky... so if a word that should be spaced isn't spaced, sorry in advance.))

@Delta?: The area the slime was moving on gradually became much different from the fluid wet the slime had originally known. Occasionally another cockroach scrambled by as the wet slowly became very dry. It was still solid enough though for the slime to not sink, thankfully, as it moved across the ground. The slime moved over the rare thin-hard-oragnic thing though that sometimes had sharper ends to it. It seemed lifeless however, and moved easily out of the way sometimes. Sometimes the bigger varients were harder to move.

@Zeditha: Pushing herself into the hole was harder than the slime had originally thought. More of the tiny creatures started to gradually pour out of the hole, forcing the slime back out as the small things tried to close the hole with themselves. At least what was left of them.

@Jak: The tiny hard thing tried to get out from under the slime as it was submerged partly. It seemed to be succeeding a little as the slime's body still held the other part of it. Some of the other similar things started to move too. In all random directions. For no apparent purpose. Some stayed put.

((I'm leaving Avisk out of it... to be fair smile.gif ))

Zeditha was surprised as she was pushed back out of the hole, and started absorbing the new creatures. She saw a long, thin thing nearby: it looked organic, but maybe it could reach down the hole for her? She slimed towards it, and brought it back, partly embedded in her. She maneuvered so it went down the hole, and pushed it as far as it would go.

((She found a twig, and she's fetching ants from their hill like an anteater. Lol...))

((My character's name is Delta, and started in the forest.))

The slime increased its pace, trying to find something organic to absorb. It lacked any way to find things, other than running into them. It didn't particularly like that, but it didn't even know if such a thing was possible. Anyway, so far its senses of touch and taste had been enough to find enough food. The pain had also started to lessen, fortunately.

As it moved across the ground, it ran into something that was organic. It was about twice as long as the slime, so the slime had to started absorbing it from one end. While it was long, it was fairly thin, so this didn't take long. The slime didn't particularly like the taste of the thing- it was rigid and hard, as well as just not as good tasting as the last things that it had eaten- but it was food. Once the long thing had been absorbed, the slime continued on.

As this was happening, however, it felt something weird in its front end. Attached to the rod on its back, a hollow thing made up of the same material of the rod formed. Inside of the cavity was still slime, until some of the slime started to change into something else. The slime didn't take much noticed of this. Changes had happened before, but they hadn't really mattered.

This changed when the slime felt a new sense. Quiet and almost unnoticeable at first, the sense was strange and unknown. The slime was confused. The sense seemed to be telling it... something, but what? It didn't know what to do. Hesitantly, it moved towards the source. As it got closer to the source, the sense became clearer. Finally, the slime touched a hard creature like it had absorbed before. The slime felt relief at something so familiar as touch, and started to connect what the new sense had told it with what had happened as it absorbed the creature.

((The slime found a stick, then grew a skull (with no jaw). Then, it grew ear and used them to find another cockroach.))

Jak worked his digestion hard, trying to digest the part of the creature that was inside him. It worked, and the other half of the creature dropped to the ground as it's abdomen was dissolved. the hard thing scrambled around, seeming to move around erratically. Jak gazed at it in amazement. Was this what happened to everything he dissolved half of? It was fun to see the creature move, so he approached another creature. It looked to be the exact same type as the first, and he absorbed half of it too.

Thank you, Dragonhatchling! Will still be periodically needing your help, but I can update right now.

@Zeditha: The combined strength of the tiny creatures wasn't enough to keep the organic thing from jamming into the hole, though it collapsed some of it. Little pieces of inorganic tumbled down from the looming dark inorganic thing, giving the slime a dusting. Then something else, bigger, hit the slime! Smooth is all the slime could tell before the thing rolled off the slime's surface- but it was still visible. It was almost the same color as the outer layer of the nearby tall organics, and was shaped like an elongated oval.

@Jak: (unlocked: metallic green color) There was only one other of the same creatures within immediate reach, but many more than that all climbing over something somewhat round under a relatively large organic flat thing a couple of the slime's own lengths away. The creature that was digested in half slowly began to stop moving.

@Delta: (unlocked: manzanita) Something brittle, extremely flimsy and dry was under the slime. The new sense had brought it here, in chase of another one of the creatures it had absorbed while in the wet. The burning feeling was only of minor attention now, as it was mostly gone.

@Avisk: (unlocked: black color, skunk stink gland) A few more of the tiny creatures was found by the slime as it spread itself out over a wider area on the cold furry dead thing, though the tiny things were very much alive and mobile. Where had they come from? All the slime knew is they weren't able to hurt it except for maybe a tiny pinch before being absorbed or at least immobilized from the slime's surface.

Zeditha decided to investigate the new smooth, oval thing. There was definitely something about it, she didn't have a word though. Green. Yes, 'green' would work. The oval was green. As she moved towards the green oval, she pulled the long organic with her, and it was covered in the small creatures. She absently absorbed them. All but these newest were still, and most had disappeared.

She reached the oval thing, and it seemed organic. She tried to absorb it, to be sure.

((It was a leaf, right?))

The slime noticed that the stuff under it had transitioned from a flat, inorganic surface to a bunch of strange brittle stuff. It was organic, but dead and not very tasty. Oddly, when the slime moved over the brittle stuff it could be picked up by the slime's new sense, but not before. Could it be that the new sense indicated movement? The slime absorbed a bit of the brittle stuff, but only because it was hungry.

As it continued along, there was a sudden rush of movement. To the surprise of the slime, the source of the noise went upwards as it moved away from the slime. The slime hadn't known that that was possible, but apparently it was. In any case, whatever it was had gotten away, so the slime didn't care much about it. The slime then ran into something like smooth slope. Confused, it tried to absorb a bit of it, but the taste was too similar to something it had eaten before to hold the slime's interest for long.

As the slime was about to climb the slope, something happened. The slime was used to the hard things forming inside of it by now, but then something new happened. The thin hard things grew sideways from the rod in the slime's back, then jointed and grew downwards, pushing the slime slightly off the ground. This caused the slime to panic a bit, feeling wobbly, but then the rods branched and made the slime feel more stable. Slime flowed down the rods, coating them. Calming down, the slime started using the rods to walk up the slope, moving much faster than it could have before.

((The slime startled a bird, then grew legs and started climbing a tree.))

OOC: @Zeditha: Nope- it's a brown acorn. But you don't know proper names of things, so let's go with you thinking brown is green! Later on, once something happens, you figure out what all your references are. But hint? No one has gotten to that point yet; it's Story Arc 3. You guys are in 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Delta: (unlocked: bleach gland) The burning sensation cured itself, receeding into the slime's interior- where it disappeared and was replaced by a bulbous thing that the slime hadn't intended to make. The brittle organic stuff had seemed fine, but... burning. Again!?! Really!?! But this kind of burning was different- it made the slime want to tear itself apart, or something similar to it. What was this?

@Zeditha: Yep, organic! Dense, too. But the dense, hard part was pretty thin. Inside though, was something... well juicier is the wrong word, but it was dense too- but relatively soft, at least compared to the outside. The air itself moved, and an organic thing like the slime was playing with fell from somewhere, and landed on the smooth cold thing, revealing that it had things inside!

The slime almost fell off of the slope when the burning started. Why did this keep happening? As far as the slime could tell, it hadn't done anything to cause the burning. This burning, unlike the last one, caused the slime to twitch. It was painful, yes, but there was something else. The 'something else' was worse, and the slime tried to rub itself against the surface it was climbing in an attempt to get rid of it. It didn't help. If anything, the rubbing just caused more pain. The slime tried to focus, as it had with the previous burning, but it was difficult. Twitching horribly, the slime resumed climbing.

As the slime slowly ascended higher, trying not to fall, its new sense started picking something up. It was above the slime, and was very different from things that the sense had picked up earlier. The bursts of sound were longer than the ones previously heard, and were higher pitched. Somehow, it didn't seem like these sounds were caused by movement.

((I did think it was a leaf... Well, interpretation is part of the fun! xd.png))

Zeditha finished absorbing the green organic, and then started to investigate the new things. Some of them looked dangerous, and inorganic. She touched one, and it was smooth, and cold. She invented a word for cold, shiny, smooth things. Metal. She liked inventing words. She looked at the opened metal thing. Box. There were other things inside the box, and she decided to try absorbing those. They looked softer than the metal things (She felt proud whenever she used her words) and they weren't shiny. She slimed over one, engulfing it.

((Can we have lists of our unlocked parts? I want Zeditha to grow something new, after all she's been eating quite a lot lately.))

((I like that color. Thanks!))

Jak reached out and engulfed another one of the creatures. It tasted good. It's shininess reflected brightness everywhere, hurting his eyes if they hit it directly. He liked the creature. It was good to look at. He moved slowly towards the round thing, under the organic flat thing. He touched the organic flat thing and tried to suck it in, but failed. It dropped to the ground and the shiny creatures ran around. He lowered his body and grabbed one of them at random. He felt it enter his body, and began digesting it along with the one he had engulfed earlier. He would get the organic thing he had dropped once he was less occupied.

((Ah crows.... (sorry crows) i need like five million hands.... errr...

I've been busy as well. I'll post an update for everyone's characters soon... if not, then tomorrow after I get back from school.))

OOC: Will be updating today, if time permits.

So, let me give you guys a link here that is the public updates that count at both this forum, and the other forum I have the RP running in:

Chat

Event Information

The links DO work, but you need an account there to access it. Anyway, that's why I haven't been around as much as I want, and why Dragonhatchling is also busy.

----------------------------------------------------edit below this line is in character-----------------------

@Jak: (unlocked: exoskeleton, beetle mandibles) The creatures didn't scamper far, they were too attracted to the... round thing. Inconsistently colored, and looked odd. But all the little shining creatures seemed to like it, for whatever reason. Even flicking them at this point didn't make them let go of it!

@Zeditha: (unlocked: acorn cap) The interesting thing with the things inside was softer than the metal was, but not by much. It wasn't as smooth either, and felt like it had a little bit of grip on it. No, not the whole thing... just the part of it that was a different color. It seemed to move slightly while the slime investigated it. But it only seemed to move if it was twisted in one direction- the other direction made it harder to twist. Funny!

@Delta: There had to be more than one of the noise-making things because sometimes it got.. less complicated? But the same... amount was the wrong word. But sometimes it got really complicated again. It didn't make sense. The burning was annoying, and the slime found it had to periodically stop trying to climb all together to get a hold of itself- and the thing it was climbing- before it could concentrate enough to keep going. But the complicatedness kept going on, so it didn't seem to matter. Then the slime came to a part of the organic that stuck nearly straight out, and the slime couldn't slither straight up anymore. It could tell it was very close to the source...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Character Unlock Lists, per Zeditha's request

Jak: Starting DNA: Alaska Moose

Unlocked Since: metallic green color, beetle mandibles, exoskeleton, earthworm, cotton, skunk pattern

Delta: Starting DNA: Betta Fish

Unlocked Since: bleach gland, manzanita, cockroach, alligator lizard, oak tree, ladybug pattern

Avisk: Starting DNA: Jackson's Chameleon

Unlocked Since: paper, salt, gasoline gland, black color, skunk stink gland

Zeditha: Starting DNA: Peregrine Falcon

Unlocked Since: fire ant venom gland, fire ant, black widow spider, liquidambar seed pod, yucca flower, acorn cap

Dragonia: Starting DNA: Lion

Unlocked Since: fox, crown of thorns, pine needles, grasshopper leg barbs, antennae

Edited by Viirin

Zeditha decided to try twisting the thing in the direction it was easier. It was soon very easy to twist, and then it fell off the top of... something... There was a hole at the top, and it felt a bit like the thing she had been inside a while ago. The thing had broken, and put her somewhere new. She climbed into the hole. Maybe this thing would put her somewhere new, too?

((Assuming she found a bottle xd.png I put her in it. No idea how she'll get out, maybe there could be something interesting inside?))

OOC: Fun way of thinking, Zeditha! I'll roll with it. Actually, you will. Right down a hill. Ask Dragonhatchling why climbing into a jar and rolling down a hill is an in-joke. Also right now, her other character is in a vulture nest on an outcropping over a cliff. (Makes the joke way funnier!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The hole was full of fluffy organic something, but the part that really mattered was the tiny particles of... the slime had no word... wonderful! That was an excellent word. Anyway, the wonderful tasted wonderful, the fluffy part didn't really matter at all. With that stuff in there, the slime couldn't get in, so it was absorbed. But something strange began to happen to the slime while it comforted itself into the hole- everything it saw began to change color slightly... becoming a little bit orange. Then a lot orange! Blinded by neon orange, the hole began to move. It fell over, then rolled to one direction a little... then a little more... before the slime knew what was going on, it was in a dizzying tumble, blinded by color.

Zeditha tried reaching out, trying to grip onto the smooth sides of the hole. Something covered over everything, blotting out the orange. Well, mostly; there was the colour behind it, but at least it didn't hurt any more. She found that she could move the black cover up, so all the colour was back. She put the black back. The colour hurt. She kept trying to still herself, grabbing onto the sides.

((Dragonhatchling, why is falling in a bottle and rolling down a hill an in-joke?))

Edited by Zeditha

OOC: Dragonhatchling already knows this stuff, but you guys don't, so:

Food coloring can unlock colors for you to use on yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: neon orange color) The slime finished digesting the organic it found in the hole that seemed to want to travel on its own, and the color was gone from the slime's vision. Whatever that was about. The hole smacked into something, nearly went vertical, spun... well, the slime couldn't tell since it had spun so many times already- fell over, and stopped.

Zeditha found that the colour seeped into her, heading towards her middle. She pushed it outwards, and it expanded to cover her entirely. She decided the colour probably wasn't the best, so she focused on green ((Which is brown lol)) and replaced the new colour with green. Deciding it was too plain, she added lots of little spots and stripes of the new colour and another colour she found. Looking at herself, she decided she would call the new colours orange and grey. Looking around, she picked a random direction and headed off to see what she would find.

The slime was didn't like the thick organic that blocked it. The source of the noise was very close now, but how could it get to it? There didn't seem to be a way, and the burning sensation was really quite bothersome. The slime was very hungry, and the last time that its new sense had picked up something it had led to food. The slime attempted to edge around the organic that blocked its path, but it couldn't get a proper grip. The slime attempted to eat its way through the blockage, but it took a long time. The organic was dense and tough, and the slime could only dissolve it from one side of it. Furthermore, the organic was... boring. Dull, like the slime couldn't learn anything from it. The slime stopped trying to absorb the organic.

Then, from the branches of hard stuff that held up the slime grew sharp things. They weren't coated in slime, and made it easier for the slime to grip the organic it was sitting on. This time, the slime tried to get around the blockage from the other side. That way was easier, but the sharp things helped the most. The slime managed to almost make its way around the blockage, but then something else blocked its path. Again? Instead of a smooth, wall-like thing, this blockage was made up of a bunch of long, thin, pointy things. The sound was even closer now. The slime tried to grip it with one limb, and the other limb grabbed the first blockage. Using its hind limbs for propulsion, the slime eventually managed to pass the blockage.

((The slime climbed around the branch and nest using claws that it grew.))

((Poor poor Sevak.... forever scarred for life by that joke... except for him, it was anything but a joke. The dreaded Nothing would come again... and he still fears it but still has a slightly better understanding of what that is.

Poor thing though, stuck on a high rocky outcrop with that fear... he hated the flying. Went so far as to tie himself to the big flappy that had taken him away. Just so he wouldn't experience the Nothing again. That feeling has haunted him eversince he started... and it has no plans of ever going away.

But the dizzyness and bottle, and the hill. That contributed to the fear greatly. Didn't help that it happened more than once... the Nothing was bad enough. The rollyness added to the different type of Nothing didn't make matters better.

Poor poor Sevak....

and I've been busy with AP testing and won't be here much of this week, or this weekend (this weekend at all roughly) ))

Avisk noticed the small crawly things that were very much alive. It absorbed some of those, absorbing what was left of the dead crusty thing under it. It followed some of these crawly things too, trying to figure out where they came from. For all it knew the things could be really interesting. Better than finding nothing at all. Much better. At least for now the slime was able to start fullfilling its instinctual desire for food. Lots of food. It continued to follow the crawly things, absorbing more as it went.

((I... really don't get it. So, climbing into a jar and rolling down a hill happened before? Is that it? So a slime named Sevak?))