Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Jak stayed on the spot, dissolving the creature. It's front section was mostly dissolved, with the joints twitching at times. Soon, the twitching stopped. Jak felt the other half that he had not absorbed fall to the ground, as the portion that he had absorbed separated from the rest. He slid over and slowly sucked up the other half of the creature and started dissolving it too. As he did this, he suddenly was overcome with pain. Two little holes appeared on him and he rolled around in discomfort, the pain subsided a little as he felt something filling up the holes.

((OOC: he are half the creature, the other half dropped off, and he picked it up to eat it. He started developing eyes, but they're still forming.

Zeditha decided to move closer to the organic thing. After all, she was hungry. She began to absorb it, keeping her eye on the dark shape. Something about it felt... not right.

He kept absorbing the dead organic thing's body. He grew more of the golden fur. He started to absorb the other organic for food and began to grow a smell sensor. As he ate a organic animal slipped into his body.

@Dragonia: The thing that fell into the slime felt and almost tasted like the slime itself did, but growing its new skin made it rather difficult since it both took all the energy it would have otherwise have gained, and also it couldn't absorb things through things that weren't slime.

@Zeditha: The organic tasted new. The big dark shape seemed to loom over the slime, but still didn't move. It had not moved for quite awhile, and not at all from what the slime could tell. The stringy organic stuff was almost pointless to consume, but it

did make travelling in the recess easier. Plus it had the organic things.

@Avisk: The slime seemed to travel for awhile, encountering nothing new. Then, it did. It was somewhat wet, now drying. But it was a trail. An organic trail, but the slime didn't know whether it came from up the slight incline, or from down it.

@Jak: Pulling the second half of the creature into itself revealed something else that also happened to be on the ground. Part of it was on the ground, it seemed at least partway under it. It was.. not slimy or wet, but similar. Very thin and wiggling around a lot.

@Delta: Luckily for the slime, it found something else got stuck just like it did. But it was only partially stuck and partially out of the muck.

Realising that absorbing the thing was pointless, Zeditha turned to the dark shape. She slimed towards it, and poked it. ((Two possible routes)) a) she jumped back as it moved, and tried to get away as fast as she could. b ) Realising it wasn't going to move, she tried to absorb some of it.

Edited by Zeditha

The slime wanted to get out the the muck, but however much it moved it still didn't seem to be getting anywhere. Long, soft spine-like things started to grow from the back end of the slime, but with no webbing between them the spines couldn't create much thrust. Now the slime was really hungry; it needed food now! Desperately the slime continued trying to get out, but it just seemed to sink deeper. Then, it felt something in the muck with it. It was organic and tasted good, but it was getting away. The slime quickly reached out and started to wrap itself around the moving thing, absorbing it. The moving thing kept trying to escape, but the weight of the slime kept it from swimming away.

As Jak swallowed the other half into himself, he grew a little bigger from the biomass of the animal he had eaten. At that point, the two holes in his front were completely filled with round objects. A tingling feeling spread through them as he felt tiny long, thin things spread through the spheres. The completely colorless sphere began to take on a white color, with a spot of brown surrounded by a circle of black. Jak was oblivious to this, as, of course, he couldn't see his own eyes. The slimy thing was intriguing. He reached out and brushed it gently. It was organic for sure. He rolled over it, engulfing what was above the surface, and sucked on it, trying to rip the remainder put of the ground. Due to the strain, the round spheres stopped growing the long things to conserve energy until it was needed.

((OOC: He finished growing his eyeballs, but he can't see yet as they don't have the nerves inside fully grown. He tried to suck up the thing in the ground and the nerves stopped growing temporarily so I wouldn't be giving him too much activity in one post.))

OOC: Will update tomorrow, I connect wirelessly outside on sundays and the sun is making too much glare on my screen to really read much.

OOC: @Melomancer: Actually, you don't need nerves to make your eyes work. You don't have a brain, and dont't really need one for much of anything, so you don't need the nerves to connect to anything. But if you don't want them working yet, I really like how you wrote everything, so I'll let them be inactive until you choose otherwise.

@EVERYONE: You all count as having participated in the Easter holiday event, once I figure out what it is. I was busy working on my other game (it's on facebook) for the last few days and when I'm "on the ball" that awesomely, I kinda get tunnel vision.

@Backup77: I knew you wanted a fish, but they aren't in this water. They're elsewhere; you'll get to them smile.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dragonia: (unlocked: fox) Enough of the creature had been absorbed that there would normally have been no more reason to bother with it; but since the slime began to grow, that was no longer true. But something happened. From behind a nearby large tree came a small creature, moving very slowly, and making a slimy looking trail behind it. The slime never knew something could even move that slowly! Actually... it looked very similar to what the slime just absorbed on accident. Where were these things coming from?

@Zeditha: Inorganic. The big dark shape was a large inorganic thing, rough to the touch. No wonder it didn't move! But at the base of the organic, there was something organic, and moving. Lots of tiny things, moving around. Whatever they were, the slime was on top of them, and they seemed to get more frantic the longer the slime smothered them. Where were they even coming.. The slime felt tiny wounds that hurt far more than their size suggested.

@Delta: The creature began to prove itself as a far more adept swimmer than the slime was, or at least better at escaping from filth, for some reason. While under the wet, the slime realized that 1) the stuff it noticed mixed in with the wet was actually beginning to affect it now, making it feel like every cell was burning, and 2) the slime weighed less while submerged, and the creature it was absorbing was actually dragging it with it a little bit, just off to the side, where the inorganic wasn't as mucky, and actually had grip on it.

@Jak: That was a strange sensation. The slimy thing slurped easily into the slime's form, but it had sucked too hard and almost shot the creature halfway through itself. It was long! Longer than the slime was, though very thin.

The slime started to form something of a intelligence center. But for now it was useless and not of much help. There was some connections forming between it's eyes and the intelligence center. It started to grow a furry coveringaround it's head. It's stubby little limbs started to develop but it started to grow two big little hearing centers but they were also quite useless. All this growing made it want to devour all of the fox and it got back to absorbing.

Zeditha moved away slightly, and angrily began absorbing the tiny organics. (If we don't have nerves, how can we feel pain? Or anything, for that matter?) She sucked in several, then backed away completely and retreated to the top of the fallen long thing. She continued to digest the small things: there were enough to almost double her size, and most had stopped wriggling quite so violently.

((Oh. tongue.gif. sorry about that, I'm bad at biology. xd.png anyway, Zeditha has a point. How do our slimed feel pain without nerves? Is it just something the scientists engineered when making the slimes?))

Jak was now feeling extremely curious regarding this strange organic. It was definitely edible, but he wanted to examine it longer.. The creature felt like itself. And it felt odd. The length, coupled with it's thin body made for a very odd feeling when he sucked it up. The creature was squirming now. Jak began to digest it. He wanted to see what would happen once it was absorbed. While he did that, the spheres in the holes felt a tingling sensation, and he suddenly felt a new sensation. It was as if everything had suddenly become visible. He immediately turned his eyes upwards at the sky.

OOC: Sorry, stuff came up, but since you guys asked about how they can feel without nerves- I assume that jellyfish and stuff can too, just not in the way we think. Heck, trees don't have nerves and feel pain. Even if you disagree, let's not get sidetracked here- make a new topic in the right forum here to discuss it. but yeah, we can say you've been engineered to be capable of pain, if that sounds better to you)

(bdelloid is one of the three base species scientists used to create you to begin with. the other two are axolotl and nutgrass)

Edited by Viirin

@Jak: (unlocked: earthworm) It was as if the first thing the slime saw was also the brightest thing possible! A strange glowing orb sat right above the slime, shining on everything. Parts of nearby organics were hit with the light too, but where they were touched, the light didn't hit on the ground. Or on the slime. So that's why some of the slime was warmer than other parts...

@Zeditha: (unlocked: fire ant) The pain that the tiny organics had put into the slime began to spread through the rest of the slime's form, not increasing its hunger, but definitely increasing its discomfort. Recoiling from where it was, the slime felt something wide, smooth, and cold. Very much the opposite of organic.

OOC: dinner in a few minutes, will do other 2 updates when I get back. Also check out my dragon suggestions Sock just put through!

@Avisk: The slime seemed to travel for awhile, encountering nothing new. Then, it did. It was somewhat wet, now drying. But it was a trail. An organic trail, but the slime didn't know whether it came from up the slight incline, or from down it.

Avisk felt along the trail, going up the slight incline it seemed. The slime was at least slanted a little. It was wondering now what the tubular thing inside it did, as well if the smaller thing forming had stopped forming. Right now it didn't quite want to trigger something though. Maybe the tubular thing was some type of consequence for landing wherever it was. Maybe not. Still, the slime traveled on in search of something better to eat. Occasionally accidentally drifting to either edge of the trail it was following by touch.

Zeditha wondered what the cold thing was. It didn't seem organic... Its coolness helped her pain a little, and she recorded the place so she could find it again. She'd need it. She headed back down to the small things.

Jak stared at the massive orb in amazement, and then promptly looked away. It made his seeing-orbs sting after staring for too long. After a moment of discomfort, he felt a sensation above and below his seeing-orbs. The world went completely dark for a split second, and then everything went back to normal. Jak started to feel slightly scared. What had happened? Were his seeing-orbs breaking?

He stared at the burny-orb once again, and his seeing-orbs began to smart again. The world went black a few more times, going on and off at intervals. Less scared this time, he tried a few more times and realised he could control the flashing. He practiced a few more times, before losing interest. While not thinking about it, his see-orbs closed and opened automaticaly.

Jak felt that his current speed was too slow. He moved into the warm parts. He immediately closed his.. Seeing-orbs was such a long name. Perhaps he should shorten it? Eyes. Yes, that sounded like a good name. He would name them 'eyes'. He closed his eyes in comfort as he appreciated the warmth. A tiny spot on his back felt a prick, as something spouted from it. The long thing that sprouted up seemed to energize him ever so slightly as the giant burn-orb touched it with it's warmth.

((OOC: He stared at the sun for too long, and his eyes hurt. He evolved eyelids and was messing around with them for two paragraphs. He moved into the sun afterwards and grew a tiny cotton leaf to photosynthesize with. Basically, he looks something like this now.))

OOC: Love the pic, Melomancer! Dragonhatching said 4 years ago she'd do character sketches, but I'm patient and she's busy. Sending you a PM, Melo.

@Backup77: Looks like you did unlock that, but I forgot to SAY it. So I did in this post..

@Zeditha: Forgot awhile ago to tell you that you unlocked BLACK WIDOW SPIDER.

-----------------------------

@Avisk: After a short while, the slime bumped into something furry and cold. The part that the wet came from was sticky, and a little crusty. But it was very obviously organic. Something tiny was moving around on the thing, though it didn't seem to care about being touched slightly by the slime.

@Jak: Enjoying the warmth and energy as it was, the slime failed to notice its other surroundings. Something little bumped into the slime while it was... doing whatever it was doing. Hard. It didn't bump into the slime hard, it was just hard on its own. And organic. Getting surprised into paying attention, the slime saw that there were many such little things of various types sitting on other things nearby- some organic and some not.

@Dragonia: The slime didn't notice its own size until now. Though it had been using up some of the mass it absorbed from the dead crusty thing, it had simply eaten too much total. The slime was originally only about as big as half of the creature's limbs, but it was now twice that size, and the creature was nearly gone.

@Delta: (unlocked: cockroach, alligator lizard) (you didn't respond to the last post I gave you about getting to shore finally)

@Zeditha: (unlocked: fire ant venom gland) The pain was still spreading, but then... stopped. It totally stopped, and wasn't painful at all anymore. What was going on? But at least the big dark shape marking where the little things came from was still looming over it, so its surroundings didn't change. There didn't seem to be the same amount of little things to absorb anymore, only around half.

((Okay, just clearing up some confusion smile.gif ))

The slime struggled with the hard organic creature for awhile. While the creature still hard some ability to swim through the wet, the slime was able to hold on to it. The slime attempted to cover the creature, but the frantic movements that the creature kept making made that impossible.

Then, the slime noticed something else; a horrible, horrible burning sensation. It had to get away! Where? The burning was awful, but seemed to be coming from everywhere. It almost released the struggling creature, but then it noticed that the inorganic ground was far more solid. The slime used the ground to gain some traction, and then finally caught up with the creature and absorbed it. The slime pulled itself out of the wet, and then didn't know what else to do. The pain was still awful and sourceless. There was nothing to do about that, so the slime attempted to ignore it.

The slime then felt another strange feeling. Along its top side, a long, flexible rod seemed to stiffen. Then, hard and non-flexible weird looping things grew down from the rod. As this was happening, some colorful webbing grew between the rays that it had previously grown, although the slime couldn't see the color. Feeling very hungry now, the slime started to move across the ground, away from the wet.

((The slime grew a spine, a ribcage, and finished growing a tail fin.))

Zeditha was surprised that the pain went, but glad of it. She started to absorb the rest of the tiny creatures, and then investigated the looming thing again. She poked it, and found a small hole, the size of one of the small creatures. She tried to push herself into the hole.

((Aww Viirin, I got one somewhere of Sevak... and i believe I started another one someone had on the other Azure Wyrm we've got going. Then I got busy... and my scanner didn't work for 2yrs so that didn't help. But we got a new scanner smile.gif I've got time this weekend, so I'll make Sevak "reborn" and hopefully get it to scan properly so it isn't gigantic.

I can start up some again though and try to find Sevak's old picture smile.gif I wouldn't mind doing some here if i could get a general idea of what everyone looks like eventually. Of course, that may work better when people have more features.))

Avisk wandered overtop the cold thing and started to try and absorb it somewhat. Incidentally, the smaller creature that had been slightly touched now got smothered. Or maybe it was intentional. Either way, the slime investigated the wet-crusty-sticky substance too, further spreading itself out to absorb the furry cold thing.