RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

((OK...lemme just yoink the last magic spot and I'll work on my forms during the day.))

Edited by Techno_Elf

Watching Glen, she did the canine equivalent of a laugh. A small thump though caught her attention. It was so faint, that it was impossible that they could have heard it, as she barely heard it herself. Raven grew serious, her ears shoved forward. Rising to her feet, she turned towards where the sound had come from. A low growl rumbled in her throat as she stared into the darkness. Without warning, an arrow flew through the dark, plunging itself deep into her chest.

She winced, feeling the blood begin to bubble out if the wound, but stood strong. Then she saw it. It was a hooded figure, wearing a mask of some sorts. The metal on it caught the light. Readying another arrow, the man now aimed at the girl and Glen. She snarled viciously, taking a few steps forward. For a moment, the figures attention turned back to her. That's when Raven lunged.

Although the arrow dug into her chest, and sent ripping pain through out her body, she felt the need to protect the pair. They'd spared her life, more or less.

The two struggled in the dark, with Raven having the advantage of seeing in the dark better than him. The figure lashed out, pounding his fists on her sides. But Raven's weight held him down. She snatched his hand from the air, and bit down. Bones crunched, and blood oozed out. The figure screamed in pain. She held the figures hand between her jaws, ready to press down again. Raven knew enough about bows and arrows, and she knew that you needed two hands to be able to use it, unless it was a crossbow, in which case it was not. And in the attack, the arrows had spilled from the quiver, out of reach, and useless.

It was difficult to see what happened in the darkness. She heard a scream of someone unknown. Was it one of the hunters Glen was talking about. It didn't matter she had to decide quickly. "Glen you stay back we don't know if your injury is bad." She whispered. She pulled her gun, aimed as best as she could see and shot. She didn't care that Glen now knew she had a hidden gun. The friendly wolf needed her help. Friendly creatures had become rare and so far she knew the wolf was injured. Lay didn't like shortlived friends. And she considered the wolf as her friend. Now just hope that she aimed right.

((btw her house is connected trough tunnels to the maze connecting to the room. so later they can hide. is that alright?))

Edited by loviebeest

(( That's fine.))

Raven was quite surprised by the echo of the explosion, and the projectile that seemed to bury itself in the figure before her. While the billet had only grazed her, the creature below her wasn't so lucky, and it lodged in his chest. He screamed in pain once more. Raven leapt off of him, and then dragged him into the light. When she let go of the human's shoulder, her teeth were stained with his blood. Unable to get a grip anywhere else, she had sunk her teeth into his shoulder.

Seeing fit, that the situation was under control, she slumped back, painting heavily. Blood still oozed from the arrow in her chest. Between her pants, she whined in pain, unable to pull the arrow from herself.

Glen was perfectly happy to follow Lay's order to stay back while they handled the problem. The fight right in front of him and the smell of blood were grim reminders of his own history. He didn't want to fight anyone anymore. He didn't want to repeat the past. It was only when the fighting died down that he finally raised his hat to peer around the room with golden eyes. The wolf had been shot but otherwise, there seemed to be no injuries. Of course, the wolf still had a problem and he didn't have healing powers. They were very rare, as far as he knew. "I'm not a vet," He mumbled, looking at Lay. "And terribly squeamish. I'll probably just hurt it more. Can you help it?"

Lay holstered her gun as she saw the liveless man being dragged in the light. The wolf let go of the man and started whining. Lay didn't know why it was acting this way. She cautiosly came closer to the wolf and saw the arrow. "Doesn't matter that you are no vet, flesh wounds are flesh wounds" She pointed at the arrow sticking out of the wolf chest. "We have to get hi.. her somewhere safe. You can handle carrying her right?" She took a knife with a cutting ridge out of her boot and cut the arrow. "Just leave the arrow in. It should give us enough time to lead you to my home.

((The man was injured, not quite dead yet. xd.png ))

Raven looked to Glen. She whined, then looking back to the girl. When the man moaned, she snarled again, slowly rising to her feet and limping over to him.

(( Sorry it's so short. xd.png ))

Lay almost jumped up in suprise when the supposedly dead man moaned. "That's the second dead body that comes to live today." She wanted to walk to the man and see what he was doing here. But the wolf was already limping to the body. She almost wanted to command the wolf to stay as a dog. But instead decided to let the wolf do what it wanted and just give support if needed.

The canine snarled in the man's ear, and he froze, his breath ragged. Then she looked to the girl, ears perked still, awaiting her next move.

(( It's so short >.< ))

((sorry will be back in about 2 hours))

Glen had his nose pinched at this point in an effort to keep the smell of blood away. It was filling the air more and more and, while he wasn't actually squeamish, he was worried about losing himself to bloodlust. That had happened before when he didn't keep his cool. He frowned as he lifted his collar up, trying to just ignore everything. He felt sick.

She touched the wolf her head, hoping it wouldn't bite, as a sign to keep calm. she squatted next to the man trembling in fear. she could see he knew he had lost the fight and his life was in our hands. She just kindly smiled to the man and softly but menacly asked. "Who are you, and what are you doing here." She saw him fear for his life. "Don't worry I see corpses stand up more often so just tell." She looked for a moment back at Glen when she mentioned that. She looked at the wolf and saw the arrow, she had to hurry.

((did you wait for me? that's so sweet ^^))

"Oh dear," a voice called out from above them. A man with blonde hair and green eyes glared down at the group from his perch on the more solid ground. He was wearing a long, black trench coat and a pair of black boots so it had been fairly easy for him to approach quietly in the darkness above and hide briefly before making himself visible. From his height, it would be difficult to strike him without using ranged weapons or even climb up to his vantage point. But even more menacing was the gun in his hand aimed at Lay. "Could you kindly tell me if you're a sorcerer or not? It will be a lot easier if you answer my question outright." His eyes moved briefly to Glen before deciding he didn't matter all that much. He looked to ill to actually do anything worthwhile and Lay was the one attacking another man.

((I'll be at a swim meet all day, don't go too far without me. happy.gif ))

Raven snarled at the man above them. Her long canines were still tinted a light pink from the blood of the man. She moved between Glen and the other man, her ears shoved forward. But the blood loss was evident, her eyes were dull, and her limbs started to shake from the exhaustion of standing.

She heard the question and waited a moment while just staring at the guy on the floor. She knew she had to decide many things in a short time. Will he kill her if she is a sorcerer or the oppisite. Could she take him out with the gun or did he know she had one. Didn't matter, the time was up, she didn't want to make him impatient. She stood up slowly and quetly. She kept her hand near her holster and the sword relaxed in her other hand. She looked at Glen and the wolf for a moment an than looked him straight in the face and hoped she knew him. Nope, bad luck she didn't. Time for a courage game. "If I was a sorcerer then how did you plan to kill me? With that peashooter?" She chuckled. "No sir that isn't gonna cut it."

"Hypotheticals aren't going to help you," The man replied easily but the look in his eyes didn't change as he kept his focus on the girl. The wolf was practically down for the count. But was it a pet or a monster? "Dodge my question and I'll kill your friend in black over there first," He said. But the didn't move the gun off of her since she was obviously the biggest threat at the moment. "Think this through logically. You'll win more if you tell the truth here."

Her smile dissapeared from her face and if the look that appeared could kill, then he was dead. "How do I know you will not shoot my braind out anyway? This isn't fair, maybe you should come down. Then I can at least trust that I have a change if you shoot anyway." She wasn't good at the courage game and she had a feeling she was making it worse. She knew she had to hurry. Wolf was bleeding out and Glen could have a concussion. Lay knew that they needed to get into the maze. There they would stand a change.

There was no hesitation as the man swung the pistol around to Glen and expertly shot his leg before quickly swinging the pistol back to face Lay. This obviously wasn't a new deal to him. "Answer the question," He advised as Glen cried out in pain, cradling his injured leg. "I'd like to help both you, your friend and your dog. But I can't until you answer my question. I help people, I don't hurt them. But only when they answer my questions."

She was suprised as the gunfire filled the air and Glen's painfull cry filled her ears. She could have avoided that. She could have made sure he didn't get extra injuries. But she did not. Lay had more often met people who treathened her with a gun. But this was different, serieus. There was no time anymore. Time to stop the game. "I'm no sorcerer, so is my friend over there and it's a wolf not a dog." She felt like a failure, she couldn't help her old and new friends. She felt like a coward. "What now? Are you going to help us or are you going to shoot me in the face?"

Edited by loviebeest

Raven snarled, crouching down. Grimacing, she grappled with the arrow in her chest. There was no time for her to wait for it to be pulled out properly. She pulled it viciously from her skin, biting back a yelp. Then she tossed it to the side, looking back up the the male, a challenge in her eyes. Without the arrow, the wound in her chest would begin to heal slowly. The only reason she hadn't pulled it out before was because there had been a chane it could have been removed properly. Growling, the canine pulled back her maw, and only paused momentairily to gently nudge Glen's hand.

Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply, then leapt into the air, her jaws parted, looking to snag the man and bring him down to the ground. Or at least distract him, to give the other two enough time to flee.

(( Raven is a pretty big wolf, and she as well, aquired this ninja ability to jump from/ up to things. If you've seen Wolf's Rain, she's basically a character from that. :3 ))

((I was already wondering if you knew that anime it's so sad. btw I didn't pull the arrow out because normally you would bleed more since nothing is stopping the wound. ^^))

She saw it as a chance. Lay reacted immediatly when Wolf jumped to the men in the hole. For now she didn't care what would happen. If a creature could bear enough pain to pull out a arrow than it could manage. She grabbed glen by the arms, pulled him up and supported him with her back. She prayed Wolf would buy enough time to escape into the maze. And she prayed that she herself was fast enough not to become a terget herself.

The mysterious man smiled warmly, his seriousness and hostility forgotten. He had been carefully watching her eyes so unless she was very good at lying, everything pointed to her being human. "Wonderful," He declared, only to quickly leap away from the entrance to the hole when the wolf leapt up and snapped at his ankle. His teeth clenched briefly as he quickly holstered the weapon in favor of drawing a long, thin sword. "There are countless partrolls in this area," He said, directing his voice towards the hole but keeping his distance from it. "I have a place not too far from here. There's food, water, shelter and other survivors. If you don't want to get killed, it would be in your best interest to come with me. Especially to treat the bullet wound I just gave your friend and your pet wolf's arrow injury. I don't care where you think you're going but it's not going to have the medical supplies I've gathered and the doctor that lives there. He can help your friend."

He was seeing red and he wasn't frankly sure whose blood it was. But he was angry, that was for sure. Glen struggled to breathe as he closed his eyes and tilted his head backwards, trying not to lose himself to the anger. But he was just shot! At the very least he could gouge out the man's eyes. That had been something he was fond of during the fight for New York. No, He told himself, shaking his head slightly to remind himself that was in the past. He needed to calm down and rest. Not resort back to.... to....

"Let go of me!" He yelled loudly, ripping his arms away from Lay with a snarl as she tried to carry him or drag him somewhere. His head hurt and his leg hurt. He wasn't going to risk being dragged around by total strangers.

Lay put her hands when Glen ripped his arms away from her. She just simply smiled at him. "I was already wondering were the impatient Glen dissapeared to. It's not like you to be played around with." With that she turned around to the strange man. "Those patrols don't come near the paths I use. And because of my job I have enough medical supplies. So your help is unneeded unless my friend thinks otherwise." she had dropped slayer when she had tried to help Glen so that option was gone. She just didn't trust this man. Mainly because she knew he was stronger than her. And she knew fighting him was impossible for her if he could avoid the reflexes of a wolf.

Glen tilted his head to the side in confusion, just staring at Lay for several moments. "What?" He finally managed to ask before his weakened leg gave out and he crashed to the floor.

"The patrols you mention are growing," The man replied. "I had to take out a few on my way down here and they were awfully close to you. You can't hide in the dark forever. They're searching every crack in this city and that's why I'm here to help people like you. I like humanity. Don't go off and get yourselves killed." With that, he sheathed his sword and approached the edge of the hole again, his feet carefully sliding across the ground so he didn't stand somewhere unstable. "Your friend needs a doctor, not a first aid kit," He added after he was able to see Glen collapsed on the floor.

She was so concentrated on the man that she didn't notice that Glen had collapsed. "Oops..." She squatted next to him while still looking at the man. "Sorry for that but I will let you decide. It's about your health." She whispered. "Do you want to come to my house hidden in the maze with medical supplies or do you want to go to a place crowded with people but you can get a docter there." She looked at Glen for a moment just hoping he wouldn't shoose for the latter. She didn't trust any of this and hoped that Wolf would attack him again. "No matter what you choose I will not leave you alone." She smiled at him and held her hand near her holster again. Very noticeble if someone knew she had a gun there. She hoped he didn't know about her gun. She kept her eye on the man while waiting for Glen's awnser.