BloodSpell

Descent of the Hybrids

user posted image

(This thread has been approved by rubyshoes and permission to use the sprites in the banner has been granted by the spriters.)

01. LORE

02. DEFINITION

03. GUIDELINES

04. HOW TO PARTICIPATE

05. RULES

06. FORMS AND BANNERS

07. BREEDERS AND MEMBERS

08. NEWS AND UPDATES

-------------------

LORE

-------------------

It is a time of legend. The dawn of a new age of supremacy for hybrids beckons!

They are unstoppable and magnificent, the pinnacle of the nature’s genetic experimentation. Their diversities are extraordinary. Creatures appear to be modeled after their parents' features, taken together in harmonic collaboration.

The Ultraviolets. The head-loving breed. Peaceful but can be aggressive. The cyanic color blazes againsts their grey bodies.

The Hellhorses. Spirited creatures with tempestuous and violent dispositions. Hot and urgent ripple of air with an acrid aftertaste blows as these creatures descend on wings of fire.

The Two-Finned Blunas. Curious and playful creatures with versatile skill-sets and flexible play-style. Their dark and light blue colors reflecting that of the sky and sea.

The Shallow Waters. Excellent swimmers and practitioners of magic. Their dazzling and brilliant orange with yellow spotted bodies are quite noticeable, day or night.

The Geodes. The stone-armoured creatures. Their bulk enormous and yet studded with awe-inspiring crystals.

The Soulpeaces. Glorious and magnificent. Creatures that can expunge the undead.

-------------------

DEFINITION

-------------------

Hybrid: n. a cross between two breeds of dragons.

________Currently, there are 6 kinds of hybrids in DC: Geode, Hellhorse, Shallow Water, Soulpeace, Two-Finned Bluna

________and Ultraviolet.

Descent: n.derivation from an ancestor or ancestral group; lineage; bloodline

___.____n. a sudden and overwhelming arrival

Fluff/y: Informal. fail to perform or accomplish (something) successfully or well; wrong egg from breeding

--------------------

GUIDELINES

--------------------

Descent of the Hybrids (DH) is a project for those who loves or are fond of hybrids.

First gen should start with a basic pairing such as the following:

For Ultraviolet: Spitfire x Purple

user posted imageX user posted image

For Hellhorse: Horse x Hellfire Wyvern

user posted imageX user posted image/user posted image

For Geode: Green x Stone or Stone x Stone or Green x Green

For Soulpeace: Daydream x White

For Shallow Water: Water x Magi

For Two-Finned Bluna: Skywing x Water or Skywing x Deep Sea

user posted imageX user posted imageX user posted image

No any other breed should be used aside from the dragons listed above.

Lineages may be in form of any pattern. Be it even-gen of first gen, a combination of 1st gen and hybrid, a stairstep, a checker, or collaboration of all hybrids in succeeding generations. Design and have fun!

No inbreeding. Keep lineages clean as much as possible.

Save the fluffy! Fluffies or those wrong eggs as well as misgendered hatchlings can be gifted to those who might need them for their projects. Just post the trade link in the forum or surprise the other members by PM-ing the link!

-----------------------------------

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

-----------------------------------

Start project from your own caveborns.

Start project by requesting an egg from any of the current available pairs:

DENIZENS OF THE SEA (Two-Finned Bluna)

1ST GEN

G'aia CB x Pontos CB

LEAGUE OF SOULPEACE

1ST GEN

Essence Flux CB x Ki Burst CB

Blighted Quiver CB x Ionian Fervor CB

2ND GEN

Unleashed Power x Howling Gale

3RD GEN

Chaos Storm x Solar 'Flare

ULTRAVIOLET LEGION

1ST GEN

Soul Caliber CB x Z'ealot Incarnate CB

Purple Mage CB x Raging Empress CB

DESCENDANTS OF IFRIT (Hellhorse)

1ST GEN

Hecarim CB x Cataclysmic Flare CB

GEODE'S BULWARK

1ST GEN

Axton Dhealward CB x Lustria Dhealward CB

LABYRINTH OF MAGIC (Shallow Water)

TBA

Be a breeder and help others in their projects.

-------------------

RULES

-------------------

DC Forum Rules are applied here. Respect others and use constructive criticism. Rants, vents are not allowed, take chat to pm.

Dragons from other lineages may be included. However, you don't need to indicate what lineage it is included (that's advertising).

Please DO NOT post the link of the other lineage's forum here (that's advertising too!).

No biting, killing or neglecting of eggs. It may be re-gifted but ONLY with the gifter's consent.

------------------------

FORMS AND BANNERS

------------------------

Banner:

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=159971][IMG=http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad26/mhegz_ph/Misc/DoH_zps997cb7f2.png][/URL]

To Be A Member:

Sign Me Up!

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

[font=Lucida Handwriting][size=9][color=blue]Sign Me Up![/color][/size][/font]

[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Scroll Link:[/b]

To Request An Egg:

I Need Help!

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

Requested Egg:

[font=Lucida Handwriting][size=9][color=red] I Need Help! [/color][/size][/font]

[b]Requested Egg:[/b] (indicate breed, gen)

To Send Gift/Help:

Help is On The Way!

Sender:

Scroll Link:

Giftee:

Gift: (lineage)

[font=Lucida Handwriting][size=9][color=green] Help is On The Way! [/color][/size][/font]

[b]Sender:[/b]
[b]Giftee:[/b]
[b]Gift:[/b] (lineage)

To Show Your Project: 

Behold My Creation!

Scroll Name:

Dragon Name:

Lineage:

[font=Lucida Handwriting][size=9][color=orange] Behold My Creation! [/color][/size][/font]

[b]Scroll Name:[/b]
[b]Dragon Name:[/b]
[b]Lineage:[/b] (include type of dragon, gen and link)

To Become A Breeder:

I Want to Be A Breeder!

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

Restrictions:

Open for PM: [yes/no]

List of Eligible Dragons:

[font=Lucida Handwriting][size=9][color=purple] I Want to Be A Breeder! [/color][/size][/font]

[b]Restrictions:[/b]
[b]Open for PM:[/b] [yes/no]
[b]List of Eligible Dragons: [/b] (you may just post what gens and up to what gen you can breed)

Edited by BloodSpell

------------------------

NEWS & UPDATES

------------------------

Mar 27, 2014: Descent of the Hybrids (DoH). At last! A forum dedicated for DC's hybrids! Thank you rubyshoes and spriters for the approvals!

Mar 28, 2014: Welcome to DoH, Vain.3805, Zerhai, Tiga and purplehaze!

Mar 29, 2014: DoH Rules have been added.

Mar 30, 2014: Please welcome our newest member, Narvix.

Apr 05, 2014: Please welcome our newest member, GhostMouse!

Apr 14, 2014: Please welcome our newest member, aussieJJDude!

Apr 24, 2014: Please welcome our newest member, Xocowolf and Lastalda!

May 14, 2014: Please welcome our newest breeder, Doll_18!

Edited by BloodSpell

I Want to Be A Breeder!

Forum Name: Vain.3805

Scroll Link: Sulhir

Restrictions: No abandoning, neglecting, trading, or regifting. Biting, freezing, dangerous BSA's okay.

Open for PM: Yes

Eligible CB's all are nicely named

Daydream , Daydream

Deep Sea , Deep Sea

Pebble , Pebble , Pebble , Pebble

Hellfire , Hellfire

Horse , Z'Horse

Water , Water

Magi , Magi , Magi , Magi

Purple , Purple , Purple

Skywing , Skywing , Skywing

Spitfire , Spitfire

Stone , Stone , Stone , Stone

White , White

Breedable 2nd gen Hybrids

Bluna refused AtHFh, Bluna refused mKsA3, Bluna unrelated

Geodes are unrelated to each other except for those from both Stone and Pebble - these will be related to at least two PB Geodes

Geode From Stone x Pebble , Geode From Stone x Pebble , z'Geode from Pebble , Geode from Pebble , Geode from Stone

Shallow , Shallow

Hellhorse , Hellhorse , Hellhorse 3rd gen, Hellhorse unrelated

Soulpeace , Soulpeace

Edited by Vain.3805

Sign Me Up!

Forum Name: Zerhai

Scroll Link: Zerhai's Scroll

Behold My Creation!

Dragon Name: Divine Raine Dra'axi

Lineage: Divine Raine Dra'axi Lineage

I Want to Be A Breeder!

Scroll Link: Zerhai's Scroll

Restrictions: i only keep eggs i am gifting 24-48 hours after being bred, depending on how many eggs/hatchlings i have at the moment the more i have the less patient i am, I will tell you how long, and after that specified time i will start looking into another home for the egg.

if you wish me to influence/hatch it for you, you must claim the hatchling within 24-48 hours before i decide to keep it for my self or gift it elsewhere.

btw no bad actions, though freezing is ok, naming is required!

Open for PM: [yes]

Proven CB Pairs: (these are pairs who have produced a hybrid in the past for me, I have more cbs of every breed and I still might post the rest here but its a lot so for now I am just posting pairs which have already proven to produce hybrids)

Two-Finned Bluna:

-Lord of the Sea CB Dra'axi (male Deep Sea) x Soaring Lady of Dra'axi CB (female Skywing)

-Glory CB Dra'axi (male skywing) x Z'Deep Sea Lore CB Dra'axi (female Deep Sea)

-Gor CB Dra'axi (male skywing) x Ocean Lore CB Dra'axi (female deep sea)

-Soaring Lady of Dra'axi CB (female skywing) x Lord of the Sea CB Dra'axi (male deep sea)

(I have only managed to get blunas from deep sea and skywings so far, not for lack of trying though)

Shallow Water:

-Deep CB Dra'axi (male water) x Angela CB Dra'axi (female magi)

-Alarick CB Dra'axi (male magi) x Graceful CB Dra'axi (female water)

(i have a lot more magis and water dragons but once i got my magicarp icon i stopped breeding for shallow water dragons, so feel free to browse my scroll)

Hell Horse:

-Flames of Eternity Dra'axi CB (male Hellfire Wyvern) x Twilight Sparkle Dra'axi CB (female Horse)

-Big Macintosh CB Dra'axi (male horse) x Blue Fira CB Dra'axi (female Hellfire Wyvern)

-Purple Rain CB Dra'axi (male horse) x Blue Fira CB Dra'axi (female Hellfire Wyvern)

-Love in Hell CB Dra'axi (male Hellfire Wyvern) x z'Apple Jack Dra'axi CB (female Horse)

Soulpeace:

-Pezki CB D6 Dra'axi (male white) x Aurora Dra'axi CB (female Daydream)

-Inuyasha CB Dra'axi (male white) x Kimi CB Dra'axi (female daydream)

-Cloud Nine Dra'axi CB (male daydream) x Living in Purity CB Dra'axi (female white)

-Andrameda CB Dra'axi (male daydream) x Inukameko CB Dra'axi (female white)

-Inu no Taishou Dra'axi CB (male daydream) x Inukameko CB Dra'axi (female white)

-Sesshomaru CB Dra'axi (male White) x vWOKV (unnamed bc i like the code) (female daydream)

Geode:

-Z'Stone Dra'axi CB (male stone) x Rana CB Dra'axi (female stone)

(i haven't bred for this hybrid much but i have many cbs of the required breeds)

Ultraviolet:

-Charcoal CB Dra'axi (male spitfire) x Carrie CB Dra'axi (female purple)

-Sunny CB Dra'axi (male spitfire) x Dra'axi Chaos CB (female purple)

Edited by Zerhai

I guess I should flaunt my creations as well.  tongue.gif So far, I have these:

Behold My Creation!

Scroll Name: BloodSpell

Dragon Name: Vengeful Maelstorm

Lineage: 4G PB Soulpeace

Dragon Name: Ravnos' Wraith

Lineage: 4G Even-Gen Ultraviolet

ooooooo can i have a sibling of that soulpeace? i'll give you a sibling of my soulpeace? Yay for more generations! (though for mine you will need to put divine in the name of it as its part of the divine soulpeace lineage

btw i also have:

Behold My Creation!

Scroll Name: Zerhai

Dragon Name: King Tritan Dra'axi

Lineage: Two-finned bluna gen3

Edited by Zerhai

Sign Me Up!

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Link: purplehaze

Behold My Creation!

Scroll Name: purplehaze

Dragon Name: Belegra iv

Lineage: 4th gen HellHorse from Female HellHorse x Male SoulPeace checker -- I am currently trying to breed a 4th gen Male SoulPeace mate, but the gen 3's are being stubborn.

Dragon Name: M'Phizdran v

Lineage: 5th gen PB Shallow Water

I Want to Be A Breeder!

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Link: purplehaze

Restrictions: I will hold eggs for no more than 24 hours. No killing, neglecting, biting or trading.

Open for PM: yes

I have multiple CB males and females of all the included base breeds, as well as at least gen 2 of all hybrids. Can breed as high as siblings of the above two dragons.

Edited by purplehaze

Possible suggestion - you could link breeder's names to their post containing their eligible dragons to save thread space (I heard there was a character limit). Maybe later you might get a web spreadsheet of them all but this would save time now. Feel free to use my post's format if you want us to list our pairs and were to make a form for it.

Nice and interesting lineage. I'd like to join but first of all, I'd like to know, is there a restriction to the names of the dragons? I mean other linages like the Fifth Element have the dragons added to the lineage to have "Elemental" or a variation fo that in their names, so I wanted to know if that is the case here? And if it is, is there a problem with crossover lineages? I mean, having a dragon from this lineage be a part of another lineage?

@Zerhai - Sure! I'll try to breed them for you! wink.gif

@Vain.3805 - That's a very good suggestion! I'll try to link the breeders' posts then.

@RyuKaiser - No, there's no restrictions in the names. You can include dragons from other lineages.

Although I'm thinking of adding a character or two or perhaps "DoH" initials just to distinguish the hybrids from other lineage as well. What do you think, guys? xd.png Any other suggestions? smile.gif

@Zerhai - Sure! I'll try to breed them for you! wink.gif

@Vain.3805 - That's a very good suggestion! I'll try to link the breeders' posts then.

@RyuKaiser - No, there's no restrictions in the names. You can include dragons from other lineages.

Although I'm thinking of adding a character or two or perhaps "DoH" initials just to distinguish the hybrids from other lineage as well. What do you think, guys? xd.png Any other suggestions? smile.gif

I'll breed mine as soon as a couple eggs on my scroll are given away or hatch...

UPDATE: Descent of the Hybrids Rules have been added. Please refer to the first post. Edited by BloodSpell

LMAO! D'H then? Or do you guys have any suggestion? Maybe I should put a poll about this one. dry.gif

Edited by BloodSpell

Perhaps.... umm... hmm....

Well the issue is if they are going to belong to more than one hybrid lineage (and I think I like yours better).

A different surname or title for each hybrid species might be the best choice (more naming choices if we're not all competing with every breed of hybrid).

BLUNA -

My bluna's don't have very creative names but their parent's are named after mythological creatures and their offspring's names are an amalgamation of their same gender parent's name and bluna. Jormanbluna, Tobibluna, Umibluna, ect.

SOULPEACE -

Lothuialel was trying to start a Divine lineage with Soulpeace (currently stalled). I like the sound of it so perhaps Angelic or Radiant as a prefix or suffix?

ULTRAVIOLET -

I don't have any of these yet and only just learned recently they existed. Perhaps Sunny or maybe something more along the lines of their colors.

HELLHORSE -

I like your reference to Ifrit. Let's use that.

GEODE -

I'd make their name include the name of any gemstone.

SHALLOW WATER -

They look like goldfish so let's call em Koi!

And that's all the ideas I've got.

I personally would much prefer to have no naming requirements.

I based the names of my Blunas to Greek and Roman gods/goddesses/nymphs/deities of water. xd.png

And yeah, I was thinking of names for every hybrid too since we currently have 6 hybrids.

For the Hellhorses, we could just settle with Ifrit. He's most often depicted as a wicked and ruthless being. Oh and in final fantasy, his signature attack is Hellfire. So, Ifrit is quite apt to use for the hellhorses' surnames, right? xd.png

For the Shallow Water, I like Vain's idea lol. Koi is good. Although it's not goldfish but a carp. xd.png In Japanese, koi is a homophone for another word that means "affection" or "love". It's a symbol of love and friendship in Japan.

For the Blunas, how about just Blu (yep, without "e") for surnames? I think it's unique that way and Blunas are blue afterall. xd.png

For the Ultraviolets, how about just using ultra- as prefix to their names? I gotta say, it reminds me of Ultraman xd.png

For the Soulpeace, we can't use Radiant since we already have Radiant Angel dragons. How about using Anima or Psyche? They're Latin and Greek for soul.

For the Geodes, honestly, I have no idea. >.< Uhmm... but Rocks/Stones remind me of Malphite from League of Legends. How about using that?

Of course, members may just use the name of their preference if they're not into namings. Although, it would be really nice to have something that would distinguish the Hybrids here from other lineages.

Edited by BloodSpell

I would prefer either little or no naming requirements, even if its DoH (which would make me laugh, which is actually a good thing since it will keep me interested)

I'm trying to think of little names or codes as much as possible for those who already have long names. wink.gif I guess Blu and Koi are in.

Oh, and look at my sig. Talk about advertising with humor! lol xd.png

it's not goldfish but a carp

Goldfish are carp. Wikipedia

Names could be optional like in our breeder requirements (offspring must have lineage name). Since there is the conflict of interest problem with other lineages.

I was thinking of Ultra but didn't want to be silly. LET'S DO IT.

Edited by Vain.3805

Goldfish are carp. Wikipedia

Names could be optional like in our breeder requirements (offspring must have lineage name). Since there is the conflict of interest problem with other lineages.

I was thinking of Ultra but didn't want to be silly. LET'S DO IT.

Ooooh I see. xd.png I thought carps are just the really big ones. Thanks for the info.

Welcome to DoH, Narvix. smile.gif

i updated my post asking to be a breeder, now i have all my confirmed pairs on there too!